Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose (15966 Views)

INEC Okays Manual Accreditation Due To Issues With Card Reader / APC Has Won The Elections, Except PDP Rigs On The Other Side – Tinubu / Lamido: If You Follow Social Media, You Would Think Apc Has Won 99% Of The Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by dexterinc2003: 4:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
The energy being dissipated by the All Progressive Congress, APC, in advocating for the use of card reader in the coming elections has been described as another sinister motive of the party to cause confusion during and after the election.

The Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Fayose said this in a statement made available to journalists by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi in Ado Ekiti on Thursday.

Fayose noted that APC was known for its penchant for promotion of confusion and division in Nigeria for political gain even at the expense of the well being and unity of the country.

Fayose explained that in as much as the usage of the card reader is noble, the preparation of the INEC for it had been very poor, which is believed to be a conspiracy between the electoral body with the APC if the agitation of the APC on the card reader is anything to rely upon.

According to Fayose, INEC Chairman Professor Attahiru Jega has told Nigerianss that the card reader battery can go flat at most five hours which means that unless there is alternative power supply, the machine will be rendered useless after the battery goes flat.

“The question now is: will the INEC provide power generators in each of the poling unit in the whole country so that by the time the battery is down the electoral officers could switch to the alternative power? Without this, the introduction of the card reader is nonsense,” he said.

Fayose added that Nigerians should know that INEC had never hidden the fact that the card readers were internet base in delivery and considering the fact that most of the Nigeria towns and villages are not fixed with internet, “that means that the card cannot deliver until when it get to where there is internet to deliver, therefore the usage would be a failure because a lot of contradictory information would have dealt havoc on the entire exercise before the card reader can deliver its results”.

Fayose recalled that when the election in Ekiti and Osun States were conducted, INEC didn’t use the card reader and APC did not cry wolf.

Continuing he said, “So also when the governorship elections in Anambra and Edo States were conducted without card reader, APC didn’t raise a foot.

“But now that they know there is no way its presidential candidate can win without rigging, they want Nigeria to see sense in the usage of card reader that had never be tested or acknowledged to be free from manipulation.

“I can say boldly that the leadership of APC have hidden agenda in the usage of the card reader that is why their clamour for it has been so vociferous when they know abinitio that there is no way their patty can win this election.

“They are looking for preemptive excuses for violence during and after the election so that they can gain some undue sympathy whereas the usage of the card reader is not important to the election as the availability of security which they campaigned against like hell on earth”.

Fayose added that the APC as a party had never supported or advanced the course of progress of Nigeria, rather the party enjoyed seeing the nation in crisis hence the clamour for the usage of card reader.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/06/apc-has-sinister-agenda-with-card-reader-fayose/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
Jega feels dis election is for experiment, he's not even serious. Come to tink of it, u don't ve power and ya want to use card reader. I pity dis professors of dis days, common sense d prof no get.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by abdul4new(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Jega feels dis election is for experiment, he's not even serious. Come to tink of it, u don't ve power and ya want to use card reader. I pity dis professors of dis days, common sense d prof no get.
The professor is more learn than you and your ilk, that is why he is introducing card readers, PDP party of election riggers.

165 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by HURUCHI(m): 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hmmm
Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by warlei(m): 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
^^^^^^
are people so dumb they don't know card readers use barteries just like a phone. and from information this batteries can last about 8 hours....... there's just something about pdp that make them loose thier ability to think.....

146 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by abdul4new(m): 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
This man is confuse, it seems too much weed is affecting his sense of reasoning, God i pity the people of Ekiti state being rule by a thug.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
abdul4new:

The professor is more learn than you and your ilk, that is why he is introducing card readers, PDP party of election riggers.
how come ya want to use card reader and up till now u ve not made provision for alternative power, election around d corner and ya want to teach people to use it. Jega is wasting his time, he had 4 years to plan for dis buh he was busy dining and playing wif apc. I for say ya no get sense buh make I leave ya.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by 9jatriot(m): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
How does a brilliant lawyer like Fashola feel when he attends the same executive council meeting with this guy?? Its bad enough to attend the same meeting with GEJ, but to add Fayose to it is too much for anyone with an average brilliance to cope with. How do they communicate? Guess that will be a subject of an academic discuss.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by change9ja(f): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
abdul4new:
This man is confuse, it seems too much weed is affecting his sense of reasoning, God i pity the people of Ekiti state being rule by a thug.
I does smokes weed
Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by kay29000(m): 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2015
Is APC INEC? I don't get this PDP people.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by dexterinc2003: 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
Thought there's plan for a mock election right,i'll advise fayose to wait till after that before raising dust.

3 Likes

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by change9ja(f): 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2015
PDP is d fucckin ruling party... Where is ur FG power

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by SomebodyLovesMe: 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
6 Facts about Card Readers

*A card reader is an anti-rigging device and PDP knows this.
*PDP is afraid of card readers because PDP wants to rig.
*PDP has bribed smaller parties to oppose card readers so PDP can rig.
*PDP fraudsters will try all sorts of tricks in order to cancel card readers, including accusing APC of having sinister motives.
*Fayose knows he's not telling the truth, but he is banking on the dull heads of many GEJ supporters to believe this silly accusation.
*Card readers will be used for 2015 elections, and PDP's years of rigging will come to a sudden, shameful end.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by maestroferddi: 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
The affinity APC seems to have developed with Jega is really worrisome.

I am really apprehensive of Jega's ability to conduct a free, fair and credible election.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by SomebodyLovesMe: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
maestroferddi:
The affinity APC seems to have developed with Jega is really worrisome.

I am really apprehensive of Jega's ability to conduct a free, fair and credible election.

Please provide evidence of this affinity.

Also, please state if you were apprehensive in 2011 when Jega conducted elections and declared GEJ the winner.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by sammyj: 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
Fayose the clueless one bull dog has come out to say another story for the gods. All we want is to use the card readers and if any one is not satisfy or happy with it they should go and die !!!! grin grin

21 Likes

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by quixotic: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
fayose should just shut up. It is Inec that wants to improve on their performance and they believe the card readers will allow them do so. Why are some nigerians so dishonest? The operation of the card readers have been demonstrated to even the pdp governors and senators and ìndeed many nigerians. But most especially those who are to use ìt have been traìned.the duty of the electorates is to just come out.the ad hoc staff will handle the card readers, the battery lasts 8hours but accreditation is for 5hours.so we have extra 3hours of battery life. The commission have backups in each ward. Some foolish people will steal argue against card readers. Why will any sane person be against the use of card readers to authenticate voters? This is not about party,name calling or been bias. Its about the truth and what is right.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by oscaroshar(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
we must use the card reader,gej and pdp idiots cannot stop the inec from doing the needful

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by maestroferddi: 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

Please provide evidence of this affinity.

Also, please state if you were apprehensive in 2011 when Jega conducted elections and declared GEJ the winner.
Can you explain why:

1. Jega's distribution of PVC was skewed to favour states where APC is stronger.
Tell us why the states ravaged by insurgency have by far a higher percentage of PVC collection while the Southern states where the PDP candidate is expected to do well have fewer.

2. Jega resolved to ride roughshod against proprietor, common sense and logic in electing to hold elections on the 14th of February, 2015. We shall be glad to know what informed Jega's decision when more than 30% of the electorates would have been disenfranchised had the military not intervened to save Jega's blushes.

Answers the two questions above as there numerous others that I will not be able to list here.

9 Likes

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by Bayswater: 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2015
Don't be surprised the battery power of the card reader is not even up to 5hours when used moderately so I am wondering how it would last for 2hours under constant use during election proper. JEGA needs to be flogged, JEGA must go.

6 Likes

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by olapluto(m): 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
Why should ANY political party interfere with the election? Leave INEC to conduct the elections.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by Image123(m): 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voting
Educate yourself mr. Electronic voting is not an experiment, it is technology that should be rightly used to combat corruption and the well known rigging machinery in place. Card reader is powered by long lasting batteries and each reader has extra batterieS that would be fully charged, according to INEC. It's not rocket science, this is 2015.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by stunning4real: 6:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
I wonder why pdp is disrupting inec's plan. They are bent on rigging the election. God pass devil.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
GEJ is an advocate of Technology. He has promised to fight corruption with technology. Hence, since election rigging is a fraud (an act of corruption) I think he should allow the use of technology (Card Reader) to be used in order to have free and fair elections!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by sammieguze(m): 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
Excuse me... Is INEC nolonger an independent body?

Make apc nd pdp shut up and allow jega conduct d election na.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by size38: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
There is no sinister here. The issue of card reader should be allowed to rest. We will use it in this coming election. After all, money was budgeted for it and approved too by the national assembly. So why all d shout by some Nigerians as if they are not aware of the use of card reader for this coming election? They want all d billions spent on this election to waste because of one man's interest? The truth is that; Jega is trying to return power to the electorates. From now on, anybody elected into office will be serious because it won't be business as usual again. Nobody will tell use whether u vote me or not I will win.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by tetengwo: 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
Weed smoker,no body will take you serious,nigerians are not illiterates,only people who don't want the progress of this country will take this hoodlum serious.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by AWONEYAN(m): 8:17pm On Mar 05, 2015
Shut up election rigger. Only enemy of credible election will oppose it. It make the whole process better. It will prevent pple who have stolen pvC from usin it. INEC is indepenendent national electoral commision. So no JONa,Fayose or PDP has power to teach them how to conduct free and fair election.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by stebell(m): 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
Gov. Fayose, tormenting APC since 1999.

Vote wisely
Vote GEJ for Fresher Air till 2019.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by omenka(m): 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
Smh
Heart attack go soon finish this one. Enjoy the few days you have in that govt house while you can. You know you are going to jail soon as Buhari is sworn in.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
abdul4new:

You agree PROF. JEGA is more learned and sensible that the rest of us 'cause he's been sympathetic to APC/Northern cause of late but you assert that DR. GEJ is clueless 'cause he's not in your camp right? Really?

Officially, I think Oga Se.un should put in place some measure of I.Q tests before logging in to Nairaland. Trust me it'll save us from reading comments by PSOE like you who are mentally disabled.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Has Sinister Agenda With Card Reader - Fayose by omolami: 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
JEGA has been compromised by apc. Obj is their god father. The card reader is aimed at disenfranchising voters in pdp /Jonathan friendly states. I am an insider that is what jega briefed his commissioners and those trained to handle d machine. JEGA should immediately proceed on terminal leave

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Arrives Adamawa To Visit IDP Camps In The State / Buhari Is Nigeria’s Best President Ever – APC Chieftain / Buhari Has Reduced Ministers To Abba Kyari’s Clerical Aides - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.