Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP (1630 Views)

INEC Insists On Card Readers For Guber Elections / Governorship Elections: PDP Targets Victory In 24 States / Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by speeder(m): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Presidential Campaign Organisation and
some political Parties have rejected the
use of card readers during the forthcoming
general elections, that had been shifted to
March 28 and April 11.
In an interview with media in Abuja on
Wednesday, the spokesman for the PDP
Presidential Campaign Organisation, Mr
Femi Fani-Kayode, said the ruling party
would resist moves to go ahead with the
use of card readers during the elections.
At a separate news conference,
representatives of some political Parties
also expressed their opposition to the use
of card readers for the elections as they
said it had not been tested and as such
could not be trusted.
According to the group, the use of card
readers is a ploy to disenfranchise citizens
in the coming elections.
Mr Fani-Kayode said that the position of the
PDP on the issue was not different,
stressing that the ruling party would resist
the use of card readers during the
elections.
“Our position remains that the machine has
not been tested in any election and there
are basis for joining concerns over the use
of the for the first time in a crucial election
of this magnitude.
“We are aware of plots by the APC to use
the card readers to frustrate accreditation
in some part of the country while not
enforcing strict use of the machine in other
parts,” he said.
At first, it was the representatives of 15
political parties that threatened to boycott
the elections and take legal action if the
Independent National Electoral Commission
(INEC) insisted on the use of card readers
during the elections.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and
the All Progressives Congress (APC) had
earlier opposed a suit challenging the
decision by the Independent National
Electoral Commission (INEC) on the use of
the electronic Permanent Voters Cards
(PVCs) in the general elections.
The suit was filed by the Society for
Advancement and Protection of Public
Rights (SAPPR) and it came up for mention
at the Federal High Court in Abuja, on
Monday.
It is challenging the power of the INEC to
use of the electronic voting system without
legislation by the National Assembly.
But the PDP now kicks against the use of
the card reader.
The INEC, through the National Director in
charge of Information and Voter Education,
Dr Chris Iyimoga, noted that the
commission would conduct a field testing of
the card readers, which would be deployed
for the accreditation of voters in the
forthcoming general elections to reduce
electoral frauds.
The Commission, which said it had
satisfactorily tested the card readers
before the re-scheduling of the elections,
had set aside March 7, to rigorously test
the card readers technology in two states
of each geo-political zone, to ensure its
mastery before the elections.

source: www.skytrendnews.com/index.php/news/cover/7162-we-ll-stop-use-of-electronic-card-readers-for-elections-pdp

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by TI1919(m): 6:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nice move am in support of this so that those that collect temporary voters card last year would have the opportunity to vote. cool cool cool
INEC cannot deny individuals with TVC collected last year the right to vote.

1 Like

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by asha80(m): 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
They should not try that...what sort of nonsense is this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by Taeewo(m): 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
Did FFK even av any family wit brain.

5 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by speeder(m): 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
If I just say saiBuhari, you'll see how many likes I get....

#SAIBUHARI2015

33 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by nzeobi(m): 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
What if the card is stolen from the pooling booth. Does it then mean that registerd voters in the booth won't be allowed to vote
Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
I remember some months ago,PDP through Marilyn Ogar accused APC of cloning PVCs without any substantial evidence.
Don't we think the card readers could detect so called cloned PVCs if actually there is any?

What is actually PDP afraid of?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by Rawani: 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
They have realized there is no logical way for Jonathan to win the elections without rigging.

6 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by otr1(m): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
“We are aware of plots by the APC to use
the card readers to frustrate accreditation
in some part of the country while not
enforcing strict use of the machine in other
parts,”
This man, FFK is indeed deranged.

6 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by GeneralBosco: 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I remember some months ago,PDP through Marilyn Ogar accused APC of cloning PVCs without any substantial evidence.
Don't we think the card readers could detect so called cloned PVCs if actually there is any?

What is actually PDP afraid of?
My sister PDP wants to rig this election. I was watching a PDP man on Channels TV this morning saying "we don't want PVCs because it will lead to easy manipulation of results" when instead the card readers will stop manipulation and frivolities by any party. These people just want to rig this elections...there's no basis why they don't want the card readers. If Jega goes, it is finished, if Card Readers go it is also finished, these fools will just rig their failed government into power. God forbid.

5 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by ZICCKOde1st(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
This guy sef! Just wondering - if we don't try it now, when do we try it?! INEC has said there will be a mock election to put this matter of whether or not to rest. Meanwhile, I feel if we seek an election that is creditable, it is not only necessary that we use the card readers, it is expedient!... my take.

3 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by Mathematical(f): 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2015

Loolz.. JEG and his associate are just bunch of confused literates..
Sai BUHARI

BUHARI IS NIGERIA NEXT PRESIDENT
. KEEP HATING,
KEEP CREATING PROPAGANDA
WHILE THE AGENT OF CHANGE ARE FIRM AND STEADY

3 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
We shall support card readers until Jonathan agrees to the outcome of the result.

1 Like

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by emiye(m): 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
PDP jittering ! The lies about to be exposed with card readers.

Jega, the game changer.

2 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by size38: 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
They have no choice than to accept it

3 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by Dasini: 7:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
This is indeed a clear testimony that PDP is afraid, they know they can't win this election. Hw on earth will a sincere govt stop what is often used worldwide to check election rigging

3 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by ishiamu(m): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
asha80:
They should not try that...what sort of nonsense is this?

Stop ranting apc is boko haram after all

Buhari is a coupist

Tinubu is an owl

Osibanjo is a bat

Dele momodu a pig
Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by ogazi007(m): 9:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
Shameless party...I thought they said they are winning 90% and with all the endorsment they have gotten one would think they won't be scared of this forth coming election.APC should insist on the use of the card readers as that is the only way PDP can't manufacture figures as they have done in the past.As for the other 15 parties ..i thought they endorsed Gej before they shifted the Feb 14 election.They are an extension of PDP.For those of you that still doubt Sahara reporters I hope you guys are seeing how all they have said are becoming the reality.

3 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by asha80(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
ishiamu:

Buhari is a coupist

Tinubu is an owl

Osibanjo is a bat

Dele momodu a pig
I don't have time pea brained monikers

1 Like

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by Akinsz: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
We need rat gum to kill this rat.
ishiamu:

Buhari is a coupist

Tinubu is an owl

Osibanjo is a bat

Dele momodu a pig

2 Likes

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by Swizdoe(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
FFK can't make a statement without mentioning APC.......
Dude is so obsessed with the party

1 Like

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by emeka2847: 3:33am On Mar 06, 2015
Shameless FFK

1 Like

Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by ausdy(m): 4:56am On Mar 06, 2015
speeder:
If I just say saiBuhari, you'll see how many likes I get....

Apparently the days of likes is over my friend. And this further confirmed it that APC can only win online.
If it was before with the lazy error you typed there; yiu will be getting 296 likes grin cheesy
Apc is owing their internet yahoo yahoo boys. shocked tongue
but oga buhari is coming back this week either dead or alive so... try again my friend. Hit like ni blow share ko lipsrsealed

#SAIBUHARI2015
Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by ishiamu(m): 9:50am On Mar 06, 2015
Akinsz:
We need rat gum to kill this rat.

grin cheesy
Re: We'll Stop Use Of Electronic Card Readers For Elections — PDP by ishiamu(m): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2015
asha80:
I don't have time pea brained monikers

F**k u nigga

(1) (Reply)

Bama Invasion On Video (trailer). Part 1 now included / APC Offering #3000 For PVC At Ikeja / Dangote Partners Honeywell To Operate U.S.$9 Billion Lekki Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.