Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,269 members, 7,957,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:07 PM

Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning (14377 Views)

Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole / Hot Air Drying Machine For Drying Banana/ Plantian Slices And Vegetable Chips / Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 6:00am On Sep 05, 2015
obafunke:
Ok, got to ago amodu yesterday, met soo many great people with passion for agriculture. Right now en route the farm...
And work in progress.

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 6:01am On Sep 05, 2015
More and more

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 6:05am On Sep 05, 2015
Visit www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative.
Plan to join the next batch in November

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
Transplanting some tomatoes today

1 Like

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
And more

1 Like

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 5:34am On Sep 10, 2015
Scooping tomatoes and cauliflower from the nursery for transplanting

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 5:36am On Sep 10, 2015
Inspecting a cucumber farm

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by sheyi86: 6:18am On Sep 10, 2015
Gud morning ma, i alway feel excited with dis ur tread i wl av joint u @ d training dis month but i dont av enof capital 2 invest after d training, so i want get capital so dat i wl b able 2 cultivate 1 acre of land 4 each crop learnt by may 2016 may the lord preserver our life.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by lanre2009: 8:23am On Sep 10, 2015
jethro2:
Scooping tomatoes and cauliflower from the nursery for transplanting

Glad to know that cauliflower can be grown in the western part of Nigeria. Kudos...
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 7:51am On Sep 12, 2015
lanre2009:

Glad to know that cauliflower can be grown in the western part of Nigeria. Kudos...
we are test planting it. We hope it survive. A trial they say will convince one
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2015
sheyi86:
Gud morning ma, i alway feel excited with dis ur tread i wl av joint u @ d training dis month but i dont av enof capital 2 invest after d training, so i want get capital so dat i wl b able 2 cultivate 1 acre of land 4 each crop learnt by may 2016 may the lord preserver our life.
Please make sure you have adequate knowledge before venturing into the farm. Farming is not easy as it is been proclaimed. Learn and practise first before committing your funds

1 Like

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by lanre2009: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2015
jethro2:

we are test planting it. We hope it survive. A trial they say will convince one

Wish you the very best in Jesus Name.....Cheers!!
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
lanre2009:

Wish you the very best in Jesus Name.....Cheers!!
Amen
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 7:18am On Sep 20, 2015
The training has been great. Just one week to go. We appreciate the grace of God for seeing us through.
Too much pictures. Cant post all here. Please visit www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative.
Registration has commence for the next batch in November.
Book your space now

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 12:28am On Sep 21, 2015
Some of what we grow.

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by lanre2009: 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
jethro2:
Some of what we grow.

Good job. How did the cauliflower do on your farm?
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
lanre2009:

Good job. How did the cauliflower do on your farm?
We just transplanted
Can't say yet
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by lanre2009: 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
jethro2:

We just transplanted
Can't say yet

Good. wish you success
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 7:05am On Oct 10, 2015
Next month practical on farm training will be starting by the 2nd of November to the 27th of November. Get some knowledge before going to agric.
Learn to minimise the loss
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 7:09am On Oct 10, 2015
Fruits and vegetable farmers have not been accessing
standard vegetable market because of some production
and marketing factors.
For producer to access market, certain steps must be
taken among which are:
1 Producing good and quality produce to attract premium
price
2 Be able to supply the market consistently throughout the
year
3 Uniformity in \the quality of produce from one location
to the other.
4 Implementing cost effective management to beat down
the price of produce
5 Deepening and upscaling ones product to stand out
6. Getting the right price at the right market for fresh
fruits and vegetables within and outside the country
Intending farmers and agribusiness personel will be
exposed to what it takes to surmount the above
mentioned status in order to access market at the
proposed training being organized by
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative, AFGEAN in partnership
with
Agricultural Fresh Growers Producers Exporters
Association of Nigeria (AFGEAN) and IFDC 2SCALE
Practical aspect will involve but not limited to
. From Nursery to market of various vegetables e.g
Tomatoes, Cucumber. Green Pepper etc
. Maximizing Agribusiness Ventures.
. Access to fresh vegetable market when quality and
standard is met
. All year round supply of fresh fruits and vegetables.
. Information on Fresh Fruits and Vegetable export market
Side attachment:
The Golden Grains.
. Soyabeans
. Maize
. Groundnut.
. Tapping into the dairy farming business.
State
Time:Minimum attendance is a month
When : November 2nd-27th
Cost of training N25,000 per month
accommodation inclusive
]Send mail to adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or
08064688501, 08188540096
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by lanre2009: 8:11am On Oct 10, 2015
jethro2:
Some of what we grow.

Good job madam. Was all this grown within the one month training?
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2015
jethro2:
Fruits and vegetable farmers have not been accessing
standard vegetable market because of some production
and marketing factors.
For producer to access market, certain steps must be
taken among which are:
1 Producing good and quality produce to attract premium
price
2 Be able to supply the market consistently throughout the
year
3 Uniformity in \the quality of produce from one location
to the other.
4 Implementing cost effective management to beat down
the price of produce
5 Deepening and upscaling ones product to stand out
6. Getting the right price at the right market for fresh
fruits and vegetables within and outside the country
Intending farmers and agribusiness personel will be
exposed to what it takes to surmount the above
mentioned status in order to access market at the
proposed training being organized by
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative, AFGEAN in partnership
with
Agricultural Fresh Growers Producers Exporters
Association of Nigeria (AFGEAN) and IFDC 2SCALE
Practical aspect will involve but not limited to
. From Nursery to market of various vegetables e.g
Tomatoes, Cucumber. Green Pepper etc
. Maximizing Agribusiness Ventures.
. Access to fresh vegetable market when quality and
standard is met
. All year round supply of fresh fruits and vegetables.
. Information on Fresh Fruits and Vegetable export market
Side attachment:
The Golden Grains.
. Soyabeans
. Maize
. Groundnut.
. Tapping into the dairy farming business.
State
Time:Minimum attendance is a month
When : November 2nd-27th
Cost of training N25,000 per month
accommodation inclusive
]Send mail to adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or
08064688501, 08188540096

Do you know of dairy farms in the South west region?
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2015
lanre2009:

Good job madam. Was all this grown within the one month training?
The farm is a continuous process.
The training has been ongoing since May.
Trainee comes and do their own practical.
They learn from the previously planted and still transplant or sow their own crops.
What you see is at different stages in the farm.
The tomatoes and cabbage has been planted by previous trainees.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by jethro2: 10:09am On Oct 10, 2015
Pavore9:
Do you know of dairy farms in the South west region?
Yes. I know some in Oyo State. They are not that extensively big
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by lanre2009: 10:10am On Oct 10, 2015
jethro2:

The farm is a continuous process.
The training has been ongoing since May.
Trainee comes and do their own practical.
They learn from the previously planted and still transplant or sow their own crops.
What you see is at different stages in the farm.
The tomatoes and cabbage has been planted by previous trainees.

Thanks for the heads up. God continually bless and increase you....any update on the cauliflower?
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2015
jethro2:

Yes. I know some in Oyo State.
They are not that extensively big

Thanks. Do you have an idea of their daily milk production rate?
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2015
lanre2009:

Thanks for the heads up. God continually bless and increase you....any update on the cauliflower?

You are really so particular about this cauliflower! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by lanre2009: 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
Pavore9:

You are really so particular about this cauliflower! cheesy

Yes Boss.... grin
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
lanre2009:

Yes Boss.... grin

It is common in supermarkets here. There is a lady who owns a farm of it and she sells @ N160 per kilo.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by lanre2009: 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
Pavore9:

It is common in supermarkets here. There is a lady who owns a farm of it and she sells @ N160 per kilo.

I really look forward to visiting Kenya for more extensive training after getting the basics here in Nigeria. I now have all the episodes of SEEDS OF GOLD that was uploaded to YOuTube.... : grin
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by Pavore9: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
lanre2009:

I really look forward to visiting Kenya for more extensive training after getting the basics here in Nigeria. I now have all the episodes of SEEDS OF GOLD that was uploaded to YOuTube.... : grin

l guess you watched the episode that was on the guy who is into earthworm farming.
Re: Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning by lanre2009: 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
Pavore9:

l guess you watched the episode that was on the guy who is into earthworm farming.

I did. Currently following him on Facebook.....PLANETWORMS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Produce And Sell Your Palm Kernel Oil To Vegetable Oil Refinery / Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta / Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.