Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu (702 Views)

Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP / Ken Nnamani Celebrates 67th Birthday Today! / Obasanjo Plots To Head Interim National Govt - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by PeeDaVinci: 9:17am On Jan 13, 2009
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Maurice Iwu, alleged on Monday that former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, had lobbied for the postponement of the 2007 presidential election so that he (Nnamani) could become acing president of Nigeria on the expiration of the tenure of then President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Iwu said through his press secretary, Andy Ezeani, in a statement in Abuja, that the former Senate president, who was next in the line of succession to the president and vice-president, had pleaded with him to tell Nigerians that the elections were not feasible at the scheduled time due to a combination of political and logistic reasons.

“According to Nnamani, if the elections were postponed and the tenure of the then President Olusegun Obasanjo expired on May 29, 2007, he (Nnamani) being Senate president and number three person on the hierarchy of political leadership, will automatically become president of the country in an interim government arrangement and will preside over the country until a new time table was worked out for the elections,” the statement said

Alleging that Nnamani had deployed “the most pitiable appeal to base sentiment,” the INEC chairman said the former Senate president had reminded him that both of them come from the same part of the country and his (Nnamani0 being president of an interim government of Nigeria will benefit “our people.”

Ezeani, who was responding to a recent criticism of the commission by Nnamnai, said the “then Senate president mounted pressure for his ambition to be Interim Government president for quite some time,” but maintained that his boss had “politely but firmly resisted the pitch by Chief Nnamani, always reminding him that there was no provision in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for an interim government.

“Furthermore,the INEC chairman insisted as he promised Nigerians that the 2007 elections must be held “even if it involved voters voting by raising their hands.”
Once it became clear to Chief Ken Nnamani that “his outlandish plot was not acceptable to Prof. Iwu, and that his permutation on interim government had no prospect,” the statement said, “he became very belligerent, with a determination to get even with Prof. Iwu. This is the basis of the bitterness in Chief Ken Nnamani, which he is yet to overcome.”

According to the INEC boss, the first step Nnamani took when his pitch for interim government leadership failed was to launch “a ridiculous probe of the election expenses of INEC barely few weeks after the elections. He pulled back from the misadventure of the election expenses probe when it was brought to his notice that the commission was still in the middle of paying for services for the elections.”

He said, however, that “Nnamani’s posturing over election contracts came face to face with reality when certain contractor-proxies were traced back to the Senate president,” adding that while the former Senate president “is regretting in his recent newspaper interviews that he did not arrest the leadership of INEC using powers he never had, the electoral commission still intends, with the completion of the work of the election petition tribunals, to prosecute the likes of the Chief Nnamani whose electoral offences in the 2007 elections are well documented.

“His being linked with the waylay of electoral materials made for the governorship election in Enugu State was not only unbecoming but will surely face due trial. Now that it has become necessary for the Nigerian public to be told in greater detail the true background to the frustration which such politicians as Nnamani face with Prof. Maurice Iwu and INEC, the commission is ready to let the world know the facts

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/jan/13/national-13-01-2009-01.htm
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by rotimy(m): 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2009
Prof. Ewu{goat} is a big shame to his family and the biggest liar on the face of the earth. It took him 18 months to tell us about Ken's lobby! How about the petrol tanker bomb he told us about few days to the worst election on African soil? The man is a gifted liar!
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by hajifaty: 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2009
May God purnish all of them including OBJ,Yaradua etc. They will all perish with their families by God grace. Please, somebody get me RAMBO machine gun? grin grin grin
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Mashaluvs(f): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2009
hey im new here I am in america but I just came back from nigeria. well I wanted to ask if anyone here speaks yoruba and if you can help me undersyand somethings and help me write a message in yoruba. thanx love ya! I know two or so far like three things,,,,wowo,,,atutupoyoyo, and , how far? lame I know but I want to learn more so pls help me.
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by ilaugh1: 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2009
@Masha

Yes, I can help you - what do u want to know in Yoruba?
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Mashaluvs(f): 10:13am On Jan 21, 2009
@ i_laugh

oya prayer!!!!!!!!! oronboronba skakadula ohhwiririrsupallakaka klol lol lol

if u may pls.
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Frizy(m): 10:31am On Jan 21, 2009
Masha_luvs:

hey im new here I am in america but I just came back from nigeria. well I wanted to ask if anyone here speaks yoruba and if you can help me undersyand somethings and help me write a message in yoruba. thanx love ya! I know two or so far like three things,,,,wowo,,,atutupoyoyo, and , how far? lame I know but I want to learn more so pls help me.

i_laugh:

@Masha

Yes, I can help you - what do u want to know in Yoruba?

Masha_luvs:

@ i_laugh

oya prayer!!!!!!!!! oronboronba skakadula ohhwiririrsupallakaka
klol lol lol

if u may pls.

Problem dey sleep, yanga con wake am. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by multebrain(m): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2009
NA God go ponish that iwu and his mouth i think the man no dey shame na hin put nigeria for all this mess God go kill all his family his family
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by annyplenty(m): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2009
IWU is a professor of MENDACITY
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Mashaluvs(f): 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2009
is that what it means, can u make it in simple english, im lost some one wrote that on my face book but to someone else,
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Frizy(m): 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2009
Masha_luvs:

is that what it means, can u make it in simple english, im lost some one wrote that on my face book but to someone else,

My dear, I was just laughing at your post. What you wrote has no meaning, but that expression "Oya prayer" with oronboronba skakadula ohhwiririrsupallakaka klol lol lol must mean the poster was speaking in tongues (the language of the spirits) grin grin. You need to know Nigerians are very religious, even on facebook. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Mashaluvs(f): 3:38am On Jan 22, 2009
yeah i heard that , hes christian, but i was just wondering what it was ok so thanx any way , preciate that, much love.
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Gabry(f): 8:03am On Jan 22, 2009
Frizy:

oronboronba skakadula ohhwiririrsupallakaka klol lol lol must mean the poster was speaking in tongues (the language of the spirits)

LMAO!!! The dude dey craze. . . grin

nah. . . I dont think its speakin in tongues. i think da guy just came out from Bushland and then he got juju from da witch doctor. lipsrsealed grin

The one whom flew with his broomstick from China? grin
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Mashaluvs(f): 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2009
lol funny, i think he was speakin in tounges but idk, gabby? where u at
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Afam4eva(m): 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2009
Masha_luvs:

Go to the Culture section.
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Mashaluvs(f): 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2009
na im okie dokie was just wonderin but they said its more like slang and som religion words on it, thanx, much love
Re: Ken Nnamani Lobbied To Head Interim Govt – Iwu by Gabry(f): 1:32am On Jan 24, 2009
Hey Masha, Sorry for the late reply. dont usually come in the poilitic section.

I'm from Malaysia. Click on my signature to know more grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Rebels Move British Captives After Botched & Senseless Rescue Attempt / Tinubu, An Anarchist - Pdp / Urgent Nembe,bayelsa,okrika And Kalabari Translators To English Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.