Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors (10092 Views)

Understanding Gdi Issues. / How To Clean Your Car's Injectors / Injectors Cleaning Demystified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by fredrick2000: 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
PLEASE HELP!
My Mitsubishi space wagon GDI has been giving me problems since the beginning of this year. All starting when the timing belt cut. My mechanic told me that it has affected the top cylinder. So I decided to buy another engine; since then, the car cannot start and my mechanic suggested I should buy another brain box which I did and still nothing happened so he suggested buying another and to change everything concerning the brain box with the kick.
Please, how can this car be fixed without resorting to buying another new engine or other brain box?

1 Like

Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by oba009(m): 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
The problem with GDI Mitsubishi, infact the one for my friend have refused to leave mechanic house since this time belt issue. They have not being able to find solution to it as it refuses to start. For over a year now.
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:44am On Mar 07, 2015
Search cartalk there was a GDI thread last year and probnlems were solved, there are contacts on that thread you can call too.

Personally I do not like the GDI technology.
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by oba009(m): 5:01am On Mar 07, 2015
Please what is GDi technology all about? @GAZZUZZ
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by mayor2013: 7:03am On Mar 07, 2015
oba009:
Please what is GDi technology all about? @GAZZUZZ

GASOLINE DIRECT INJECTION
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by mayor2013: 7:16am On Mar 07, 2015
@ op was that car scanned at all. Thats one common problem with Mistibushi GDI. Another quick one here. How did he arrive at the conclusion to get another ECU? Did he perform series of test that could cause a car not to start. A whole lot needs to be checked. From spark, to fuel pump, to noozles, to crank sensor to cam sensors etc. Now as for the crank sensor you don't have it externally positioned. The crank case must be removed to access the crank sensor. But would just advice you scan the car first. Am nt sure if your car has a transponder chip but if it does. The new ecu needs to be programmed and the key needs to be realigned before your car starts
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by DECOtech(m): 8:06am On Mar 07, 2015
fredrick2000:
PLEASE HELP!
My Mitsubishi space wagon GDI has been giving me problems since the beginning of this year. All starting when the timing belt cut. My mechanic told me that it has affected the top cylinder. So I decided to buy another engine; since then, the car cannot start and my mechanic suggested I should buy another brain box which I did and still nothing happened so he suggested buying another and to change everything concerning the brain box with the kick.
Please, how can this car be fixed without resorting to buying another new engine or other brain box?

Your mechanic has been working blind. all he has been doing is bombarding parts at the car more so without direction. I suggest you get your car out of there and find someone who can really trouble shoot your car.

The Mitsubishi GDI is not a terrible technology. whats in it is the technician's understanding of the said technology.
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by Readonee35L(m): 10:47am On Mar 07, 2015
Why do people have issues with this motor like this

I used too have one till 2012
Manual Transmission
And I tell u its A Cool Ride
The 2.4L Gdi engine is a horse, I had over 375,000km in that ride with the engine that came with it

Known issues
The legs , I work on them every 8months because they start making some kind of noise on bad roads
Lik 15k to fix... So affordable

I service with recommended oil every 5months

Plugs easily Go out. , as for dt one I replace them twice a year

I had my timing belt snapped Thrice
The first time my valves Got Bent
2nd and 3rd the valves survived
All this 3 snaps withing 7000km
The culprit was one of the pulleys that drives the belt
It was replaced
And since then she worked fine for a long time till I sold it when I bought My dodge charger

I serviced nozzles too for dirts
.. Never had any issues with fuel system or pump or Gdi problem
Owned it for 4years
Overall Nice car and Awesome Fuel Economy

2 Likes

Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by OKOLIEONYE: 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
PLEASE HELP!
My Mitsubishi space wagon GDI 2000 whose timing belt got cut on motion, My mechanic told me that it has affected the top cylinder, and as it was smoking earlier i decided to buy another half and top engine; and the car tries to start but could not be accelerated and my mechanic suggested electrical correction.
The Electrician had tried rectifying this issue but complained that current could get to the plugs but refused to get to the fuel injectors to supply fuel into the engine, thereby further suggested i should visit the local parts dealers to get another brain box, the fuel supply mini gadget that looks like brain box in the engine,the code at the key and other electrical mini components from either an accident space wagon before the motor could start.
Please what is your advise.
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by mayor2013: 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
OKOLIEONYE:
PLEASE HELP!
My Mitsubishi space wagon GDI 2000 whose timing belt got cut on motion, My mechanic told me that it has affected the top cylinder, and as it was smoking earlier i decided to buy another half and top engine; and the car tries to start but could not be accelerated and my mechanic suggested electrical correction.
The Electrician had tried rectifying this issue but complained that current could get to the plugs but refused to get to the fuel injectors to supply fuel into the engine, thereby further suggested i should visit the local parts dealers to get another brain box, the fuel supply mini gadget that looks like brain box in the engine,the code at the key and other electrical mini components from either an accident space wagon before the motor could start.
Please what is your advise.

Are you the same person as the op undecided your car not accelerating. Pls scan that car. Well from experiences with Mistibushi space wagon GDi when such happens the culprit is the APP (acceleration position pedal) but do not rule out the idea of scanning the car.if spark does not come out and injector noozles do not spray and all wirings attached to are ok then your ECU is a culprit here. Well since your car key has got a transponder chip then it needs to be reprogrammed after replacing the ECU
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by doroboss(m): 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
mayor2013:
@ op was that car scanned at all. Thats one common problem with Mistibushi GDI. Another quick one here. How did he arrive at the conclusion to get another ECU? Did he perform series of test that could cause a car not to start. A whole lot needs to be checked. From spark, to fuel pump, to noozles, to crank sensor to cam sensors etc. Now as for the crank sensor you don't have it externally positioned. The crank case must be removed to access the crank sensor. But would just advice you scan the car first. Am nt sure if your car has a transponder chip but if it does. The new ecu needs to be programmed and the key needs to be realigned before your car starts

@ bolded www.nairaland.com/attachments/2189291_13754700x_jpeg47926e033479ab479a9b89920691a88e

Crankcase: In an internal combustion engine of the reciprocating type, the crankcase is the housing for the crankshaft. The enclosure forms the largest cavity in the engine and is located below the cylinder(s), which in a multicylinder engine are usually integrated into one or several cylinder blocks. Crankcases have often been discrete parts, but more often they are integral with the cylinder bank(s), forming an engine block. Nevertheless, the area around the crankshaft is still usually called the crankcase. Crankcases and other basic engine structural components (e.g., cylinders, cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, and integrated combinations thereof) are typically made of cast iron or cast aluminium via sand casting. Today the foundry processes are usually highly automated, with a few skilled workers to manage the casting of thousands of parts.

A crankcase often has an opening in the bottom to which an oil pan is attached with a gasketed bolted joint. Some crankcase designs fully surround the crank's main bearing journals, whereas many others form only one half, with a bearing cap forming the other. Some crankcase areas require no structural strength from the oil pan itself (in which case the oil pan is typically stamped from sheet steel), whereas other crankcase designs do (in which case the oil pan is a casting in its own right). Both the crankcase and any rigid cast oil pan often have reinforcing ribs cast into them, as well as bosses which are drilled and tapped to receive mounting screws/bolts for various other engine parts.

Besides protecting the crankshaft and connecting rods from foreign objects, the crankcase serves other functions, depending on engine type. These include keeping the motor oil contained, usually hermetically or nearly hermetically (and in the hermetic variety, allowing the oil to be pressurized); providing the rigid structure with which to join the engine to the transmission; and in some cases, even constituting part of the frame of the vehicle (such as in many farm tractors).

Two-stroke

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crankcase

You should select your words carefully.

Worst case scenario is the crank shaft pulley will have to be removed to access the crank position sensor.

Doroboss cool

3 Likes

Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by DECOtech(m): 12:10am On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by kablooee: 12:25am On Mar 08, 2015
What's your location. Just to prove a point to your mech, I can help you start the vehicle without charging you but you must tow it down here. We've done over 30 GDI Mitsubishi with same issue.

The other guy with no acceleration. It's the throttle actuator but pls change the complete throttle body. Cost just 9k.

Those Mitsubishi GDI ehh.

*note. I'm not a fan of solutions without proper diagnostics but this has become a daily fix.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by doroboss(m): 3:58am On Mar 08, 2015
DECOtech:

This your face ehn!

e no funny oh!!! grin grin grin grin

Decotech! Mr cartalk bro, you have been very careful lately grin

Doroboss cool

1 Like

Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by DECOtech(m): 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2015
doroboss:

Decotech! Mr cartalk bro, you have been very careful lately grin

Doroboss cool

Careful about what, please?

Its a good thing to be careful, isn't it? One is able to avoid BS being careful.
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by oba009(m): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
Please are you in Abuja? Where exactly are you?

kablooee:
What's your location. Just to prove a point to your mech, I can help you start the vehicle without charging you but you must tow it down here. We've done over 30 GDI Mitsubishi with same issue.

The other guy with no acceleration. It's the throttle actuator but pls change the complete throttle body. Cost just 9k.

*note. I'm not a fan of solutions without proper diagnostics but this has become a daily fix.

2 Likes

Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 04, 2015
Jst joined here and glad you guys talked about this car. My Mitsubishi space wagon GDI automatic trans 1998 model starts but will not raise or accelerate, engine goes off if gear is changed to D, it's been scanned but the computer didn't detect even the car at all. Fuel pump changed, throttle body thoroughly clean. Please helppppppp
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
samuelfalodun:
Jst joined here and glad you guys talked about this car. My Mitsubishi space wagon GDI automatic trans 1998 model starts but will not raise or accelerate, engine goes off if gear is changed to D, it's been scanned but the computer didn't detect even the car at all. Fuel pump changed, throttle body thoroughly clean. Please helppppppp

From kabloees explanation its most likely a tps problem. And can be solved by replacing entire throttle body. You vehicle can be scanned but using a high end scanner. Free scan call 08023251039
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by treatise: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
Why not try CFAO closest to you ?
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
D car is at Ado, Ekiti state. The nearest servicing cfao is at lagos
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by b2212(m): 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
kablooee:

Kablooe, where are you located.

1 Like

Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by treatise: 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
samuelfalodun:
D car is at Ado, Ekiti state. The nearest servicing cfao is at lagos
Okay. I know it will cost you fortune to tow it to Lagos but it might be the only workable solution because they have the technology and genuine parts. With these other folks , you might spend fortune and yet cannot use the car nor sell it. Good luck.
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by Nobody: 8:14am On May 25, 2015
Hi guys, I'm still on d Mitsubishi GDI space wagon, all efforts to move this car is futile since it won't accelerate,
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by mayor2013: 9:17am On May 25, 2015
samuelfalodun:
Hi guys, I'm still on d Mitsubishi GDI space wagon, all efforts to move this car is futile since it won't accelerate,

Have you tried running a scan. What fault code (s) did you get
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 25, 2015
All scanners used didn't detect anything, sm1 wanted to help with a high-end scanner but didn't show up due to inconveniences,
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by oluwadamilare68: 11:41am On Jul 01, 2015
i think my car is having a similar problem,pls what is your address and are you based in lagos,thanks.

[/quote]
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by web1123: 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by dejidotun2000(m): 7:48am On Jun 18, 2019
which of the engineers ?
web1123:
I just want to know the location of the engineer that is giving us advice about the GDI and hard starting issues. My own is same problem hard starting and it will take long before starting, sometimes battery will drain I have to hire battery to start it. Plz my location is ijegun ikotun area. Send me your location so that I can bring the car for proper fix or send me WhatsApp at 08180632289

Thank you. I really need to fix the car. I need your address.
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by ruby360: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2019
fredrick2000:
PLEASE HELP!

Change that your mechanic, he is a stark illetrate. Nothing is wrong with your ECU.

Most cars that use timming belt are interference engine. If the belt wasn't properly set the engine will never start.

As for the supply, they should check the fuel pump. It's very easy logic once the pump is working fine, immediately you open the ignition fuel rushes out.

1 Like

Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2019
Do people still drive Mitsubishi?
Re: Mitsusbishi GDI Refused To Supply Feul To The Injectors by Allaye2889(m): 11:29am On Mar 13, 2023
Do people still drive Mitsubishi?
kablooee:

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Wiser? Save For Your First Car Or Get A Loan. / This 1,341-HP Electric On/Off-Road Miss R Supercar Is Quicker Than Tesla Roaster / Changing Power Steering Seals DIY Style On 2003 Accord (pics!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.