Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:49 AM

58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) (32887 Views)

Children Ran To Greet Wike Who Was Strolling On The Streets .PICS / BullionVan’sN5m : Ambode Rewards Police Officers With N250,000 Each / CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by lalasticlala(m): 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
Photos: 58 Police officers with families notified of eviction from their residence at Ikeja Police College

This story and photos was just shared by a Police officer.... I'm a Police Officer serving in Lagos and a victim of what follows. 23 days to the start of national elections and 58 police officers with their families are about to be thrown out on the streets!

An order to this effect - that the police officers vacate their temporary place of abode latest Monday 9th of March 2015-, was given by the Commandant of Police College Ikeja, CP Tunde Sobulo at a meeting he had with the officers on Thursday, 5th of March.

It will be recalled that National dailies like The Punch newspaper, Daily Independent and Leadership Newspaper ran stories on the 5th of March about the miserable plight of these officers who dwell in highly unsanitary and crowded hostels despite the completion of renovation work begun on their houses in September 2014.

That this eviction only affects residents of Band Block 1 & 2 -quarters meant for junior officers-, whereas the entire College was renovated is telling.

This injustice is made worse by the fact that despite not residing in their houses for the last six months, these officers have had rent ranging from 6,000-22,000 Naira deducted monthly from their salaries.

It is disheartening that a cry for justice and improved living conditions is being met by such retrogressive action. That people in service of their nation will be treated as such does not bode well for the morale of our service men.

How can the police protect our lives and properties when their properties are on the streets and their families have no place to stay? Well meaning Nigerians, please help.

Thursday, 5 March 2015
Photos: 58 Police officers with families notified of eviction from their residence at Ikeja Police College
Views:19

This story and photos was just shared by a Police officer.... I'm a Police Officer serving in Lagos and a victim of what follows. 23 days to the start of national elections and 58 police officers with their families are about to be thrown out on the streets!

An order to this effect - that the police officers vacate their temporary place of abode latest Monday 9th of March 2015-, was given by the Commandant of Police College Ikeja, CP Tunde Sobulo at a meeting he had with the officers on Thursday, 5th of March.

It will be recalled that National dailies like The Punch newspaper, Daily Independent and Leadership Newspaper ran stories on the 5th of March about the miserable plight of these officers who dwell in highly unsanitary and crowded hostels despite the completion of renovation work begun on their houses in September 2014.

That this eviction only affects residents of Band Block 1 & 2 -quarters meant for junior officers-, whereas the entire College was renovated is telling.

This injustice is made worse by the fact that despite not residing in their houses for the last six months, these officers have had rent ranging from 6,000-22,000 Naira deducted monthly from their salaries.

It is disheartening that a cry for justice and improved living conditions is being met by such retrogressive action. That people in service of their nation will be treated as such does not bode well for the morale of our service men.

How can the police protect our lives and properties when their properties are on the streets and their families have no place to stay? Well meaning Nigerians, please help.

P.s. the pictures show the renovated building and properties littering the environment in various state of decay. These properties were covered with tapolin and have been in the open air since September and most are now damaged.

Source : http://www.splendormag.com/2015/03/photos-58-police-officers-with-families.html?m=1

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by alberto2k(m): 7:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
Choi! Wetin dem do na? shocked

Dem collect bribe again? undecided

Well, May God provide shelter for the affected families

6 Likes

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
Typing..............

3 Likes

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by siegfried99(m): 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
This is serious
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by alaoeri: 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
The minister of police affairs Jelili Adesiyan won't react to this but if it is to rig election in Ekiti, you will see him flexing his muscle.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by ritababe(f): 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
Every disapointment is a blessing.

Make them no worry greater thing is on the way

8 Likes

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by caesaraba(m): 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
toh, I want to feel for them as fellow humans, God knows I am trying to but, once I remember those Oyo State police guys who wrongly collected 10k from my hand (my offense was buying a new car) that year, I just don`t care anymore. Use the same force you apply on innocent civilians to press your bosses for action. Enjoy yourselves.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by MrKIZITO(m): 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
So bad nawa oooo.
Follow Edumacro on Google plus from here https://plus.google.com/+Edumacro/posts and Facebook from here https://www.facebook.com/brimhome
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by steppin: 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Typing..............
Me too!
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by Temismith(f): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hmm
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by uche988(m): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
Is this fp?....well, There's always an atom of Blessing in every disappointment.
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by nduchucks: 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
This is nonsensical!! Relief needs to be provided to these policemen and their families ASAP.

This is why they go to work and victimize Nigerians in anger.
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by Chikebrain: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
This is unfair. I don't know why most people in power just carry decisions without putting themselves in the shoes of those whom they are imposing their unfair policies. God help them

3 Likes

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by ElectronByte(m): 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
Then tell me how this unlucky policemen will be able to protect citizens

Nawa for Naija sha!

1 Like

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by Akinife03(m): 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
FP..#sharp
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by apholaryn: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
oooh
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by onosprince(m): 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
Fhxc
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by Sijo01(f): 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nigerian police personnel suffering and smiling since 1930

2 Likes

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by helphelp: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
I can't advice my worst enemy to be a Junior police officer. Those guys live in shambles

1 Like

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sad

1 Like

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by ObaOlodo(m): 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
Kai!!! ... Kwarruption!

1 Like

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by adenine02: 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Together we can change this countyr
Buh
How many of us have PVC
Click like if u have yours
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by dossantosbobai(m): 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Na buhari cause am
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by gen2briz(m): 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
On
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by AmakaDNB(f): 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
ok
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by priscaoge(f): 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
Police Officers No point reading d post...Mstchewwwww. In Gov Oshomole's voice....They should go and.......Una know d rest undecided undecided undecided undecided...[size=4pt]I hate them[/size]

1 Like

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by amdo007(m): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
Bad for the country
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by dridowu: 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
Story that touches the heart
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by hardbody: 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
What did they do with their roger, bail and all other extorsion money they have been collecting? I have no sympathy for policemen. If a civillian was in the same predicament and begs a policeman to forgive him one error as he doesnt have money to pay his way out police will NEVER concede.

Nemesis always coming home to keep people company.

5 Likes

Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by Babyboy1986(m): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by khassy(m): 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
sorry for em
Re: 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) by change9ja(f): 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
Oya where are the GEJ till Odunlade Adekola act in Hollywood

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How DSS Held Oshiomhole Hostage For 8 Hours, 6 Governors Implicated / Giadom: A Fresh Primary Will Be Conducted In Edo / Ten Things About MKO's Daughter, Rinsola, APC National Youth Leader Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.