Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences (31214 Views)

DSS Bars Journalists From Entering Courtroom As Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial Commences / WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection / Court Affirms Jurisdiction To Try Rickey Tarfa, Trial Commences May 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Update

bukolasaraki 's trial commences after CCT overrules his lawyer who'd sought another adjournment. 1st prosecution witness called

The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), on Tuesday, rejected an application for the adjournment of the trial of embattled Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, ruling that it has jurisdiction, as affirmed by the Supreme Court, to try him.

Saraki is facing a 13 count charge of alleged false declaration of asset preferred against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

Saraki had today, appeared before the tribunal in continuation of the trial against him in company of not less than 90 lawyers.

Although, Saraki’s lead Counsel, Kanu Agbabi, was absent in court, another SAN, Paul Usoro, and Mahmud Magaji (SAN) stood in for him.
Upon assumption of the trial, Usoro had asked for an adjournment. He argued that on the basis of the fact that an appeal has been entered before the appellate court, the defendant filed a motion of stay of proceedings which is before the Registrar of the court.

Usoro said that the process of appeal has been transmitted to the CCT and the record of appeal is before the tribunal.

He explained that the prayer for adjournment is to essentially allow the Court of Appeal to entertain and arrive at a decision in the appeal, which it has fixed a clear date of April 26, 2016 to hear.

But opposing the application, the Prosecuting Counsel, Mr Rotimi Jacobs, said that the CCT had adjourned the matter for trial to commence and he was ready with his witnesses to commence trial.

He said that the defence is aware that what they are filing for cannot stop the proceedings and that the request is not based on the motion served on the prosecution but on an application of stay of proceedings pending before the Court of Appeal.

He argued that he was served with a motion on stay at 10:20AM on Tuesday morning and since he was not served before the start of the business of the day, it cannot obstruct the trial that has been fixed for same day.

He argued that the appeal filed by Saraki is illegal, backing his argument with Section 306 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.

The tribunal, in its ruling, said: “We adjourned to today to commence with trial. Even if the defence intends to appeal the judgment, it should not stop the proceedings of trial today, provided the prosecution is ready to proceed.

“In view of the foregoing we hold that trial shall proceed for hearing today and we are ready to take the witnesses.”

https://thewhistler.ng/story/saraki-cct-rejects-application-for-adjournment-proceeds-with-trial

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by Sharksblow(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
watching in 3D

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by modath(f): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Kwaret.... .... People wondering why Kanu Agabi didn't show up in court, he just couldn't! cool

Panama Papers just put a nail in the coffin of Crookola Saraki...

*Modified*

Sinator Crookola's Lead Counsel Kanu Agabi eventually showed up after the ploy to stall proceedings failed!!

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by bappahman: 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
The trio of EFCC investigators: Michael Wetkas, Chris Odoffin & Nura Bako investigated alleged breaches by Saraki based on petitions to EFCC and will testify today

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ist Prosecution witness mounts the Witness box grin grin

Cc: Tomakint

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by benedictnsi(m): 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
[size=14pt] Hmmm...... Who come be dat officer weh bow im face down..... He d pray for Saraki abi he is sleeping while standing

Anyway, Buhari (minister for petroleum) it's like you have enough fuel in your closet, thats why you are less concerned about what Nigerians are going through Just to get fuel @ #200 per liter
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by Islamicpope(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
objection ko suspension ni, Mr Panama Senate president your day is now. face your trial

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by tomakint: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Ist Prosecution witness mounts the Witness box grin grin

Cc: Tomakint
**holds NgeneUkwenu hands while silently praying for a befitting outcome** thanks for tagging.

Behold the Face of Justice, I need Justice today, Saraki milked Kwara and made many poor and miserable this is payback time. Face of Justice.

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
tomakint:

**holds NgeneUkwenu hands while silently praying for a befitting outcome** thanks for tagging.

Saraki is already an arsenal fan...I mean he is a gunner grin grin

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by superstar1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
Saraki is just a clown.

The more his devilish tactics to derail the trial, the more I am getting convinced that he is more than guilty.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by tomakint: 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

I can't believe this is happening cheesy cheesy it is too certain that Kanu Agabi must have gotten wind of what will unfold hence his "sudden disappearance". .....cheesy

*To be candid, Saraki is indeed an Arsenal fan.....too late for him. Kuje loading....... grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
modath:
Kwaret.... .... People wondering why Kanu Agabi didn't show up in court, he just couldn't! cool

Panama Papers just put a nail in the coffin of Crookola Saraki...

His client has a very bad case...So no surprises here..

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by modath(f): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Channels News reel now, Sinator Crookola is insisting on stay of action until Kanu Agabi returns!!

He has 79 other lawyers, it won't work!!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by Tunami(m): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
saraki will soon emulate the tanzanian minister.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by Achuwa1(m): 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Why are some NL mod always happi abt the downfall of certain ppl in the country,,
instead them to be tackling NLC & TUC abt not protesting the lingering fuel crisis for over 3 months now,but they busy promoting saraki's case.
my question is,,will saraki case stop the pending fuel crisis,will it reduce the high cost of commodity in the mkt,will it bring steady power supply,will it stop the hardship apc govt.is subjecting Nigerians to,etc.
who cares about saraki & co,,if he looses his case na 4 him head & if he wins his case same to him head..
lets be more concerned abt the poor masses than dis selfish politician coz non of them is ready to give up their wealth for me & u.
a word is enough for the wise.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
modath:

Channels News reel now, Sinator Crookola is insisting on stay of action until Kanu Agabi returns!!

He has 79 other lawyers, it won't work!!

Judgment has already been passed. And the first prosecution witness sitting pretty inside the Box...

Any other oral application by any lawyer today is an exercise in futility..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
Achuwa1:
Why are some NL mod always happi abt the downfall of certain ppl in the country,,
instead them to be tackling NLC & TUC abt not protesting the lingering fuel crisis for over 3 months now,but they busy promoting saraki's case.
my question is,,will saraki case stop the pending fuel crisis,will it reduce the high cost of commodity in the mkt,will it bring steady power supply,will it stop the hardship apc govt.is subjecting Nigerians to,etc.
who cares about saraki & co,,if he looses his case na 4 him head & if he wins his case same to him head..
lets be more concerned abt the poor masses than dis selfish politician coz non of them is ready to give up their wealth for me & u.
a word is enough for the wise.

You are not making any sense.

In as much we can not eliminate corruption completely, we are going to fight it to it knees. With corruption down, problems you mentioned will be solved by half.

Saraki is in for the biz

98 Likes 12 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by juniorportland(m): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
hehehe....no escape. eheheheh again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by modath(f): 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Judgment has already been passed. And the first prosecution witness sitting pretty inside the Box...

Any other oral application by any lawyer today is an exercise in futility..

You should trust Nigerians nah, person wey wan "re-appeal" case wey supreme don rule before now. Where e dey happen..?

BTW, Kanu Agabi has arrived CCT...

They know they can no longer dodge, staying away didn't work..Judgement day don come...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
modath:

Kanu Agabi has arrived CCT...

They know they can no longer dodge, Judgement day don come...

They had their game plan "perfected and rehearsed" ahead of today but they met their match in Rotimi Jacob who also prepared for their antics...

As I am Typing this...the First prosecution witness has opened his testimony..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by modath(f): 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

They had their game plan "perfected and rehearsed" ahead of today but they met their match in Rotimi Jacob who also prepared for their antics...

Yep.... & he testified that between 2005-2013, one of Sinator Crookola's personal local currency accounts had an inflow of 4BN.

Just one single account!!!shocked

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by tomakint: 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Lobatan... grin grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by ijebu2020: 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
To b frank can I ask Op and the rest calling for Sarakis head that of what particular benefit is Sarakis case win or fail to Naijas problems?
Now I if Saraki had abide by the Apcs party directive on senate president seat do u guys think Saraki case wld have come up? capital no..so I c it as a mere persecution and not a serious war against corruption..lts be serious with ourselves for once.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
modath:

You should trust Nigerians nah, person wey wan "re-appeal" case wey supreme don rule before now. Where e dey happen..?

BTW, Kanu Agabi has arrived CCT...

They know they can no longer dodge, staying away didn't work..Judgement day don come...

Urgggh?

So Agabi was hiding thinking he can thwart justice?

The dude is a scammer.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by shaddoww: 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
His absent lawyer Agabi, is said to have entered d court room minutes ago, I guess there will b no more hide and seek.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by tomakint: 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
ijebu2020:
To b frank can I ask Op and the rest calling for Sarakis head that of what particular benefit is Sarakis case win or fail to Naijas problems?
Now I if Saraki had abide by the Apcs party directive on senate president seat do u guys think Saraki case wld have come up? capital no..so I c it as a mere persecution and not a serious war against corruption..lts be serious with ourselves for once.
Nigga I perceive you are from Togo, well welcome to Nigeria where level don change, I will advise you leave this thread if you dont have something meaningful to contribute.....**I say leave**

94 Likes 16 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by modath(f): 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
ijebu2020:

Whatever name you term it, prosecution ooo, or persecution ooo, witch hunting, wizard gathering... You are free...

Man kill Snake, woman kill snake, even toddler can kill snake, what's important is that snake does not ESCAPE! cool

CCB issue is not my only grouse, he tiff & couldn't even leave in our economy, had to go hide in Panama to benefit foreign economy!! Crookola must go!!

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
modath:

Yep.... & he testified that between 2005-2013, one of Sinator Crookola's personal local currency accounts had an inflow of 4BN.

Just one single account!!!shocked

Chuku Abiama!!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by Achuwa1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
You are not making any sense.

In as much we can not eliminate corruption completely, we are going to fight it to it knees. With corruption down, problems you mentioned will be solved by half.

Saraki is in for the biz

(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (
wat problem has being solved since Apc & pmb govt.came into power.
Are u not experiencing the impending hike in fuel price,or don't see how prices of things have gone high since they came into power,or how long have u enjoyed steady power with naija under pmb the country with omwh power for 3hrs,or his disobedience of court orders,or the economy in comatose under pmb watch,,or his ,,,intact his attricities are uncountable..
u are the one not making sense coz u stand to gain notn,I repeat NOTHING!!! from dis case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by modath(f): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Urgggh?

So Agabi was hiding thinking he can thwart justice?

The dude is a scammer.

If na you nko? grin

That Panama thing na real gbege!!

Iceland people don even start riot sef...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences by shaddoww: 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
ijebu2020:
The 48 Laws of Power
Law 47: Do Not go Past The Mark You Aimed For, In Victory Learn When To Stop. This is wat Saraki didn't understand and den he failed another law. Law 19: Know Who You’re Dealing with – Do Not Offend the Wrong Person

35 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Ekpendu Reacts To The Assault Onyemaechi Mrakpor / Rythm Festival Of Arts And Culture Organised By Zahra Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos / Under Jonathan, Dora Akunyili Was Forced To Work While Dying- Lauretta Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.