Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) (1857 Views)

Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / Buhari Explains Why He Stops Attending Juma’at Service At National Mosque / Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, on Friday denied rumours of his ill-health, saying they were unfounded and that he was physically and mentally fit.Mr. Buhari made the comments as he returned to Nigeria from the United Kingdom where he spent about two weeks.

The former military ruler who arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe international airport at about 5.40 a.m., aboard a British Airways flight, was received by a large crowd which included journalists who had laid wait since 4 a.m.He told the crowd that he merely took some time off to rest, ahead of the March 28 polls.

“I just went off for a couple of weeks to rest. That’s all I did,’’ he said.

When prodded by newsmen on whether he visited any hospital while in the UK,

Buhari said: “what is wrong for me to go the hospital?Am I not here now? Aren’t you seeing me? Are you seeing a sick man?I went to Chatham House. I read an address and there was a question and answer session, that’s all.”

Mr. Buhari’s trip to the U.K. had been a major subject of controversy as some supporters of President Goodluck Jonathan, his main challenger in the March 28 presidential election, accused him of embarking on a secret medical trip abroad.The president’s supporters have said Mr. Buhari, 72, is medically unfit to be elected president.

While Mr. Buhari was away in London, some chieftains of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, notably Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State, insisted that he was on a medical trip, a claim members of Mr. Buhari’s party, APC, repeatedly refuted.Mr. Buhari had undertaken the London trip after leading the APC presidential campaign train to almost all the 36 states in readiness for the election which had earlier been scheduled for February 14, before being postponed to March 28 by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

Despite the allegations of poor health, Mr. Buhari, while in London, delivered a lecture at the Royal Institute of International Affairs, Chatham House, explaining why he is seeking to return to power.He had earlier met with a former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair.
Mr. Buhari’s participation in the March 28 presidential election will be his fourth having contested unsuccessfully for the position in 2003, 2007, and 2011.
(NAN)

>>>http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/03/a-must-read-buhari-explains-why-he.html

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2015

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by Dahjhi: 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
and why should we b interested in his explanations? You can hide/run wherever you wanted.. You are just a president ASPIRANT and you will always be..

#YouDontNeed2QuoteMe [size=28pt]#KAIBUHARI[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by tociano009(m): 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
But why south westerner own too much on buhari presidency, even northerner are not doing dis, see senator Mamora after 8 years senator he still lobbying for minister, All of you will cry very soon including your oga at the top

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
pdp e rats where are you
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by kodded(m): 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
HMMMMMM
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
I still can't believe d guy lied abt his trip to d U.K, dis is so bad. By now d pastor too go don sabi lie, if dey ask him I know he's gonna support his masters. Buhari deceiving pastors and christians since 2003.
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
Even if Sai Buhari is sick (which he is not) i will still vote for him.

The only that can make me vote Jonah is if the Devil can turn born again grin

keep calm and vote Buhari
#I_Have_Decided
GMB 2015

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by kestolove95(m): 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
Pdp nightmare is back grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by praxisnetworks: 9:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
Orijin101:
Even if Sai Buhari is sick (which he is not) i will still vote for him.

The only that can make me vote Jonah is if the Devil can turn born again grin

March4Buhari all the way!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by godsamist: 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
You are welcome sir , so let nigerians go to sleep for truth don't hide soon it surface.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
praxisnetworks:

March4Buhari all the way!
Bros, abeg you get extra trumpet for there make me sef join the marching smiley

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by gen2briz(m): 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
#Never again will i vote for any shoeless politician

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by reemytall27(m): 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by nwafuluozoh: 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
I was expecting "I went to get my certificate".
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
I was expecting "I went to get my certificate".
haba now
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
edozie04:
pdp e rats where are you
stil can't be found grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by Dapyem(m): 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
tociano009:
But why south westerner own too much on buhari presidency, even northerner are not doing dis, see senator Mamora after 8 years senator he still lobbying for minister, All of you will cry very soon including your oga at the top
Mamora was speaker HOA Lagos for 8yrs but used only 4yrs in d senate:2007-2011.i think
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Travelled To London (Photos) by tociano009(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dapyem:

Mamora was speaker HOA Lagos for 8yrs but used only 4yrs in d senate:2007-2011.i think
And still lobbying for Minister or ambassador under buhari, I hope Nigeria youth will rethink and stop shouting this dirty change of APC

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Confirmed Hypocrite, Unreliable. Sule Lamido. / Drop A Word Of Advice To President Muhammadu Buhari / Biafra: Richard Branson Of Virgin Groups Tweets About Biafra [pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.