Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing - Phones (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing (1105165 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by jemmiee(f): 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
madgoat:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

BY THE POWERS VESTED IN ME, I, SIR MADGOAT OF NAIRALAND, HEREBY DECLARE THAT I LOVE MY INFINIX HOT NOTE AND WILL NO LONGER SELL IT JUST BCOZ OF HOT NOTE PRO. grin grin grin grin

#BUT. . . . . .
. Madgoat!! I miss ur posts here oh!! Was abt asking of u!! Lol. If u are crazy about the 2gb ram uve always wanted, go for it, let ur mind rest!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by jemmiee(f): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2015
augster:
Infinix hot note "poo" cheesy...if I need a 2gb ram phone, i'll just use ram expander on my 1gb ram phone.
. Wao! How?? Wtout bricking ur rooted phone??
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Richhard(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
Not happy with the reviews am reading about Note pro,thank God i did not put all my almonds in a basket though.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
ram expander does more harm than good...so just don't try it
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by augster(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
jemmiee:
. Wao! How?? Wtout bricking ur rooted phone??
i'll back up first...and if I notice any thing, i'll restore...but dis ihot note pro na shiit
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by BluePearls(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
ram expander does more harm than good...so just don't try it

he thinks everything is by tweaking.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cahnellven: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
jemmiee:
. You are right, but you dnt get our point! We are not saying its not worth the price, our point is that, ITS JUST NOT WORTH SELLING OUR 3weeks or less old HOT NOTE AT A GIVEAWAY PRICE, just to get d pro. If someone sellS his hot note for more dan N20k, its a gud one. Its understandable. But! Not to sell d phone less dan N20k just to add above N5k to buy d pro!!! But do u get my point at all?? Or I'm just blabbing??

Of course i get your point and i addresed same same,albeit subtly in the last paragraph.
The launch of the pro means users who recently bought the note will be forced to sell their phone in order to upgrade,others will cling to their with the knowlegdge that a better variant is out there for roughly the same price. . Unhappy customers,recipe for disaster.
Infinix should have waited at least 6 months before launching the phone.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by grinface98(m): 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
At first, when I saw the specs of the PRO, I thought to myself; "this is amazing!" Wen I showed my sister who bought the phone the same day as mine, she immediately asked me to find a buyer for it. Wen I finally found one, we were not on the same wavelength. Saying to me he has only 17k for a week old phone. My sister gladly accepted her faith and jejely stuck with her Note. It was an Excellent decision! The infinix hot note pro turned out to be a is a rip-off. Don't give a flying fück about its price. 8mp camera for a "PRO"? Shouldn't it be an upgrade to the Note in all aspects? Just think about the stress of installing apps all over again, upgrading, rooting, tweaking setting up your social apps all over again. I don't think it's worth it to sell a phone of great quality to purchase another one of similar specs. Not minding starting from scratch. cahnellven said his mind earlier. I do not dispute it. It's his OWN opinion. Thank goodness I didn't even deliberate about selling off this 'beast'.

I rest my case for now!
PEACE

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by realone18(m): 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
It seems my decision to keep my iHotNote has been the best. Well, to errone who auctioned their note in preparation for note pro...take heart. Even if Infinix launches something slightly better tomorrow... Peeps wud still sell their notepro again to get it.

It all boils down to being contented.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by grinface98(m): 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
cahnellven:

Of course i get your point and i addresed same same,albeit subtly in the last paragraph.
The launch of the pro means users who recently bought the note will be forced to sell their phone in order to upgrade,others will cling to their with the knowlegdge that a better variant is out there for roughly the same price. . Unhappy customers,recipe for disaster.
Infinix should have waited at least 6 months before launching the phone.
Not an upgrade in my opinion. The two phones are just a pair of gadgets little or no difference. Even the phone's box doesn't have PRO inscripted on it. Disputes about expandable memory and camera pixel pissed me off.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by grinface98(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
realone18:
It seems my decision to keep my iHotNote has been the best. Well, to errone who auctioned their note in preparation for note pro...take heart. Even if Infinix launches something slightly better tomorrow... Peeps wud still sell their notepro again to get it.

It all boils down to being contented.
Seconded!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by BluePearls(m): 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
grinface98:
At first, when I saw the specs of the PRO, I thought to myself; "this is amazing!" Wen I showed my sister who bought the phone the same day as mine, she immediately asked me to find a buyer for it. Wen I finally found one, we were not on the same wavelength. Saying to me he has only 17k for a week old phone. My sister gladly accepted her faith and jejely stuck with her Note. It was an Excellent decision! The infinix hot note pro turned out to be a is a rip-off. Don't give a flying fück about its price. 8mp camera for a "PRO"? Shouldn't it be an upgrade to the Note in all aspects? Just think about the stress of installing apps all over again, upgrading, rooting, tweaking setting up your social apps all over again. I don't think it's worth it to sell a phone of great quality to purchase another one of similar specs. Not minding starting from scratch. cahnellven said his mind earlier. I do not dispute it. It's his OWN opinion. Thank goodness I didn't even deliberate about selling off this 'beast'.

I rest my case for now!
PEACE

enough venting..i think iv had my share of that too grin
honestly speaking, one un-happy customer can bring down the roof, how much more 100s. grin
we are happy Nigerians, lets take it as it and assume it was a mistake on Jumia and Infinix's part.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Hotdiamond(m): 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2015
The extra Gb of RAM is a good upgrade.
I still think the pro should be just a variant.

If you bought the hot note recently its advisable not to sell it. Rather wait till a later time. Who knows they may bring a better option by that time.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Maro4u(m): 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2015
just passing by smiling.......
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Maro4u(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
those in love with custom ROMs or needs a lollipop ROM for infinix hot note holla me on Whatsapp 08102362937

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by eleshin(m): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
No regret at all so far my 32gig ROM stand gidigba and I can even extend it, if it was otherwise Jumia self go know say AC no be fan. Let's be honest with ourselves jor, if they unveil these two phones the same time aswear nobody go buy infinix hotnote. 60% of people buying note pro are former hotnote users, that is where they actually tweaked our brain. Una dey tweak imei infinix dey tweak our brain. On a serious note m happy m happy to buy additional 1gig ram/16 for 1k5 but m unhappy they played on me by releasing same phone with 2 variants just to maximally monetise the little difference. Who be lawyer here? I wan sue infinix /jumia for tweaking my brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by BluePearls(m): 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
grinface98:
Not an upgrade in my opinion. The two phones are just a pair of gadgets little or no difference. Even the phone's box doesn't have PRO inscripted on it. Disputes about expandable memory and camera pixel pissed me off.

makes me wonder if there was actually two variants initially in stock all these while, but kept secret (which explains why ''Hot Note Pro" was not inscribed on the pack or on the phone itself). Wait a minute, probably the 32gig version was hoarded so as to clear the 16gig variants first. I think they realized people will go for the 32gig variants more (after all its just N1500 difference), whereby leaving the 16gig to pick up dust on the shelves. Its beginning to make sense now...ladies and gentlemen, we have been scammed! grin grin cheesy

But seriously, is the REAL Hot Note Pro out there somewhere? and why was the 32gig version only launched in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by dorodee(m): 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
Guys, don't worry. The real inote pro. Will soon be out... It's a marketing strategy
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Hotdiamond(m): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
Its advisable not to sell your hote notes. At least for now. Mayb a later date. Some months time. Who knows infinix may bring out a better model by then.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by grinface98(m): 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
BluePearls:

makes me wonder if there was actually two variants initially in stock all these while, but kept secret (which explains why ''Hot Note Pro" was not inscribed on the pack or on the phone itself). Wait a minute, probably the 32gig version was hoarded so as to clear the 16gig variants first. I think they realized people will go for the 32gig variants more (after all its just N1500 difference), whereby leaving the 16gig to pick up dust on the shelves. Its beginning to make sense now...ladies and gentlemen, we have been scammed! grin grin cheesy

But seriously, is the REAL Hot Note Pro out there somewhere? and why was the 32gig version only launched in Nigeria?
I tire o my brother
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by grinface98(m): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
BluePearls:

enough venting..i think iv had my share of that too grin
honestly speaking, one un-happy customer can bring down the roof, how much more 100s. grin
we are happy Nigerians, lets take it as it and assume it was a mistake on Jumia and Infinix's part.
You said my mind sir. My venting is over already. Lol
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cahnellven: 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
BluePearls:

I think the infinix hot note pro advance with 3gb ram,13mp cam,64bit octa core cpu ,4400mah battery and android 5.1 out of the box is around the corner for a little more than what the hot note pro is currently selling for for . . .buyers beware . . .lool
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by BluePearls(m): 4:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
cahnellven:

I think the infinix hot note pro advance with 3gb ram,13mp cam,64bit octa core cpu ,4400mah battery and android 5.1 out of the box is around the corner for a little more than what the hot note pro is currently selling for for . . .buyers beware . . .lool

they won't catch me this time around. grin grin
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by nani6666: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
augster:
Infinix hot note "poo" cheesy...if I need a 2gb ram phone, i'll just use ram expander on my 1gb ram phone.

RAM expander is useless sir.... If you want a 2GB RAM phone get a 2GB RAM phone....

People saying the difference isn't much... Well there's a huge difference between 1GB RAM and 2GB RAM...

Using 1GB RAM device in this day and age... That isn't life tho

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cahnellven: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
BluePearls:

they won't catch me this time around. grin grin
Looooool
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by seyithug(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
nani6666:

RAM expander is useless sir.... If you want a 2GB RAM phone get a 2GB RAM phone....

People saying the difference isn't much... Well there's a huge difference between 1GB RAM and 2GB RAM...

The major ish here is the camera downgrade to 8mp/2mp. The 2gb/32gb memory upgrade is worth a lot more than the N1,500 difference.
But, Jumia/Infinix shouldn't have lied about the specs. So many guys and gals went into panic mode, just to get the Pro, while selling their few days old IHN at 5k+ loss, only to find out they've been duped on specs.

For buyers who are yet to make a decision on which one to buy, they now know the truth and can choose more wisely. Patience is indeed a virtue.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Nonnypikaso(m): 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
Naija I hail theee.......a country full of phone freaks......my own advice is if u want to sell ur ihot note for 10k just call dis num 08063427049 ....lol I rilly need lyk 3 or 4 dat r willing to sell..... But come to tink of it shaa Thunder wey go fire Infinix and jumia ehhhh .....d thunder still dey do press up shaaa.........lol...... Dnt worry my IHN peeps we r good with our Beast unless u wanna sell just call d num......Holla
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by coolbatty: 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
Honestly, jumia shud be sued under the consumer protection act... Infinix did nt make Hot Note Pro.. But jumia added the name 'Pro' to the other variant of the hot note... The so called Hot Note Pro is jst like the 2gb/16gb version of the infinix Zero.. And jumia gave a wrong spec to the general public (13mp). Jumia is nt trustworthy @ all..
They shud be checked.. Corporate scammers.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by kene05(m): 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
jemmiee:
. Y?
Ppl I'm trying to please don't even hv conscience, so what's the essence, a lil mistake nd dey capitalize on it immediately, dats bad.....
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by cahnellven: 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
seyithug:

The major ish here is the camera downgrade to 8mp/2mp. The 2gb/32gb memory upgrade is worth a lot more than the N1,500 difference.
But, Jumia/Infinix shouldn't have lied about the specs. So many guys and gals went into panic mode, just to get the Pro, while selling their few days old IHN at 5k+ loss, only to find out they've been duped on specs.

For buyers who are yet to make a decision on which one to buy, they now know the truth and can choose more wisely. Patience is indeed a virtue.

I dont see how the 8mp/2mp combo on the pro is a downgrade to the hot note's camera .
AS IT is,i'm unsure any1 would go for the hot note when they can double the ram/rom for just 1.5k extra .

jumia though . . .their marketing is somewhat dubious
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by augster(m): 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
nani6666:

true sha but 1GB RAM is still okay but my main point is that i can't sell the phone i bought a month ago for 20k just to get a 2gb ram at 26k

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (508) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.