Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? (4294 Views)

Today Is Saturday(the Real Sabbath Day) But We Are Not In Church. "Why Is It So? / Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday / Saturday Or Sunday - When Is The Real Sabbath Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? by MuttleyLaff: 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
xpac01:
By definition, Sabbath day is a day sanctified and declared holy by God as a day rest unto man.(Ex 20:8-11). And from historical accounts and Jews background, we see the last day of the week to falling on Saturday. (Lk23:53-56, Julian Calendar 46 B.C. & the Gregorian of 1582).
Now there are three (3) pressing questions which I imagine will be pertinent to ask us Niralanders.
They are:
1. How did the sabbath day metamorphose from Saturday to Sunday.
2. Why does God still manifest Himself when people worship on Sunday as against Saturday the supposed sabbath day.
3. If perhaps Saturday turns to be the real sabbath day, will all those who work and married couples who make love on saturday go to hell for defiling the sabbath?
Please the thread is open, all types of opinions are welcome. But please let's discuss and not Diss-Curse.
The simple and quick answer to your thread title question is the real sabbath day is Saturday

1. How did the sabbath day metamorphose from Saturday to Sunday?
Though early believers have been recorded as meeting up and or worshipped on Sundays, the first day of the week, it was Constantine through legislation who made the first the day of the week, a day of rest, and officially switching it from Saturday to Sunday
Others added laws to strengthen the Sunday observance as we have it today

2. Why does God still manifest Himself when people worship on Sunday as against Saturday the supposed sabbath day.?
Because He is slow to anger and of great mercy... is merciful and gracious, long-suffering and abundant in goodness

3. If perhaps Saturday turns to be the real sabbath day, will all those who work and married couples who make love on saturday go to hell for defiling the sabbath?
No, all those who work and married couples who make love on saturday will not go to hell for defiling the sabbath

The entire law, with the fourth about keeping the Sabbath holy included, is fulfilled in keeping these two commands: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" and "Love your neighbor as yourself."
and Jesus actually gave a demonstration on how this can be practised, when he healed on the Sabbath

1 Like

Re: Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? by MuttleyLaff: 5:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
MizMyColi:
Lmao.
Nwanne, all this levels no be my turf again na.

MizMyColi:
Saturday church o, Sunday church o
These things are really not worth debating on
When the chips are down, it will be wished that it was debated on
Pray and hope that it will be after your time when long gone that the shít hits the fan

MizMyColi:
If you want to practice sabbath because it's written in some old jewish scripture then please be sure to follow other traditions.
Follow it to the letter
Keeping the Sabbath holy is not because it's written in some old jewish scripture
It is kept so because it is the fourth of the God moral law
Moral laws as in the four for God and six for man that made up the 10 commandments.
Moral laws are distinct from ceremonial and health laws, anyone overlooking and ignoring this fact, is doing a disservice to others

If the fourth commandment is scrapped, which other ones out of the remaining 9 is worth not following anymore.

MizMyColi:
Besides, last I checked, shebi they called us gentiles.
So we're not bound by these laws
God had to start from somewhere, Jews first, then Gentiles following swiftly behind

Correct we are not bound by the ceremonial laws
however make no mistake that we are not bound the moral laws, which the fourth commandment is among of or therein

So what if called gentiles, outsiders have always been part of Israel, they have enjoyed and respected the sabbath

MizMyColi:
Finally, in my worldview.....this is just inconsequential.
Our God-within is not bothered. Trust me
It is OK to be flippant about it now but MARK this - sorry for the MARK pun, it wasnt intentional,
MARK this, it will be important and be a deciding factor when the terrible time comes

Trust me, for anyone around at that time, fight or flight wouldnt be an option.
Will have to make the stand by choosing life or death,
more like Daniel in the Lion's Den or a Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego déjà vu

tintingz:
You don't expect everyone to be perfect.

Do many pastors even preach the laws in the bible?

90% Christians go to church on Sundays thinking it is the sabbath day and Jesus in the bible never preached that.

Hiswordxray:
Exactly, this is the reason pastors need to preach that Jesus is Sabbath and not Saturday or Sunday. And people must observe Sabbath

The devil has done at good job of selling us a red herring and as usual using the backdoor to slip something in
- You will be surprised what the mark of the beast will boil down to

Jesus is the Lord of the sabbath, as in the owner and not, Jesus is Sabbath
Believers get rest from Jesus
Please honestly and sincerely answer, must people observe first day of the week Sunday "Christian Sabbath" or the last day of the week Sabbath?

As regards to Colossians 2:16–17, the Colossians are before the time when it will matter, when people will pass judgment on others in question of keeping the Sabbath holy.
- the seal of God and the mark of the beast, we all know are both not physical seals or marks
- both have to do with what you think with the head and do with the hand
Re: Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? by xpac01(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
tintingz:
You don't expect everyone to be perfect.

Do many pastors even preach the laws in the bible?

90% Christians go to church on Sundays thinking it is the sabbath day and Jesus in the bible never preached that.
Urrm, bro, I imagine I've got what hiswordxray is trying to lay out here, that is "SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN AND NOT MAN FOR SABBATH". What this basically means is that, any day of week we choose to be sabbath must be a day of rest and kept holy as laid out by God. You can Imagine christians in Dubai observing their own sabbath on Friday as earlier stated by "benosky", and I've confirmed it to be true. Xtians go to work on saturday and sundays. So, perhaps you get yourself on a duty in Dubai, do you think you'll give it up because the sabbath as you believe is never same there? Christ said "when I go away, I will send you a comforter (spirit of God I hope to add), and he will teach you all things", so I believe the teachings of paul was definitely inspired by Christ in spirit. It is also written that "the bible is as inspired by God", I personally think only what stands in the bible should not be just the verbatim word of Jesus Christ. IMO.
Re: Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? by tintingz(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
xpac01:

Urrm, bro, I imagine I've got what hiswordxray is trying to lay out here, that is "SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN AND NOT MAN FOR SABBATH". What this basically means is that, any day of week we choose to be sabbath must be a day of rest and kept holy as laid out by God. You can Imagine christians in Dubai observing their own sabbath on Friday as earlier stated by "benosky", and I've confirmed it to be true. Xtians go to work on saturday and sundays. So, perhaps you get yourself on a duty in Dubai, do you think you'll give it up because the sabbath as you believe is never same there? Christ said "when I go away, I will send you a comforter (spirit of God I hope to add), and he will teach you all things", so I believe the teachings of paul was definitely inspired by Christ in spirit. It is also written that "the bible is as inspired by God", I personally think only what stands in the bible should not be just the verbatim word of Jesus Christ. IMO.
Don't mix things up, Dubai is a Muslim state and they use Hijra calendar friday is Jumat day people In Dubai don't work on that day it is their resting day the same way we in Nigeria don't work on Sunday because it is the christian sabbath day following the Gregorian calendar.

Sabbath day according to the bible, Jewish law falls on Saturday.
Re: Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? by joeTsughum(m): 3:31am On Jun 21, 2016
We were all born inside the lies of this world & we all grew up with these lies. We are to separate ourselves from this world (2cor 6:17). GOD said the 7th day of the week is HIS own & it is Holy unto HIM but the world tells us that the 1st day of the week(sunday) is the "Holy day" & that no work should be done. Sunday is a work day not the Holy day of rest(sabbath). We have the choice to worship GOD any day of the week even Sundays(1st day) but when it comes to the 7th day(Sabbath), we no longer have any choice. Sabbath is a most do for all. In the 24 hours of the Sabbath day we shall rest from personal job activities but do only the activities of GOD like Meditating, Praying, Studying the bible, Fellowshipping, Evangelising, for it is the day of the LORD GOD. The Sabbath(7th day) is the only day on record that GOD blessed & hallowed (Gen 2:3, Exo 20:11). GOD attaches special blessings & attention to the Sabbath.

The principle of the Sabbath is the same with paying of Tithes & First fruits. In paying tithes, GOD commands that one tenth of what you have is HIS portion (Lev 27:30-34, mal 3:10). In first fruit, GOD commands that your first profit or salary or harvest of the year/season is His portion (Prov 3:9, Ex 23:19). In the issue of the Sabbath, GOD has given us all the days of the week but the 7th day is HIS portion. So therefore, this coming sabbath let us together at all cost REMEMBER to give GOD HIS portion. We are to rest from all personal job activities knowing that it is not our day but the LORD's.
Thank you.
Re: Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? by AB1234: 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
The real Sabbath Day is on Saturday or the seventh day of the week according to the Bible. (see Exodus 20:10) and (Luke 23:53-56). If you would like to get a more in-depth answer please check out https://sabbathfacts.org/what-day-is-the-sabbath/

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion / Christian Topics For Teenagers? / Selwyn Hughes - Writer Of Every Day With Jesus Devoutional - Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.