Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? (3793 Views)

Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? / Why Do Northerners Go Scot Free For Their Crimes? / Picture Of Oludapo Osinbajo & Aisha Buhari: What's Wrong With The Pic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by WisdomFlakes: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
buhari remains the greatest living northern politician, even yaradua owned so much respect 4 him, he called him uncle. Buhari is a rare breed, forget sentiments, people dont value what they have untill its lost. When libya lost their so called hated tyrant gadafi, it till date has exposed them to us and their problems.

Wow! Bravo for this piece. You make sense die.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by bid4rich(m): 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
bokohalal:

Hahahaha! My guy, you no get sense. In your case, you voted for PDP and will continue to do so even if a clueless is there leading us to ruin.

is it not better to be clueless than to be brainless?
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by amakaobiemeka: 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
No northern alive can pull the crowd gmb pulls, even ibb failed to get the north support in 2003. Op the question is what makes buhari special from other northerns who see him as a leader of the region. Gmb has something different frm atiku, ibb, abubakar etc and that is integrity, honesty, consistensy, philosophy, leadership, aura of greatness with fear, gallant, upright, fighter of the oppressed.,contempt Etc and this is the characters of muhammed whom islam is built on. Gmb is accesable and lives the live of the common, lives in duara kastina with his own people. Northerns can see atiku, ibb etc as theirs when they are 4 their pockets. Buhari anyday would defeat anyother northerner in a contest of battle for north. Even the opposition use his name to campaign cos of the love he has upnorth. Sule lamido pdp once admitted buhari is honest and could wipe political sins.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by AbuMaryam1(m): 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
must you call someone a fool just to make a useless utterance.....which village are you from
OTUAKE
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by WisdomFlakes: 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
What draws the average Northerner to Buhari, besides his integrity and honesty, is God-given. Even his enemies admire him, though in secret.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Sweetguy25: 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
OAM4J:
As someone who did his NYSC in the North, I can tell you that an average northerner is one that keeps his word and hates thieves. Forget about their corrupt elites and politicians, I found more simple and honest people in the north than any other part of Nigeria.

Buhari by his lifestyle and past actions is a man they can identify with and trust. One of my uncles lives in Kaduna and he told me that the common saying in the North is, 'all I need from Buhari is his word and I can go to bank with it'. Since the days of Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa, there has not been any other politician the Northerners trust to keep his words and look after their welfare like Buhari, that is why even those that will vote for PDP governors will vote for Buhari presidency.

Buhari is a man they can trust? Is that all Buhari can offer the north? A worthless piece of intangible human emotion!
This is a man who is in a favorable position as a former leader to influence positive change in the life of his fellow northerners, of whom majority are dirt poor and illiterate. The northerners can do better than this. . .

All he does is contest elections - whenever he loses, his people commit violent acts in his name. Human lives and property is lost and never rebuilt or regained.

That is the height of ignorance and idiocy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by MalcoImX: 10:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Buhari is a man they can trust? Is that all Buhari can offer the north? A worthless piece of intangible human emotion!
This is a man who is in a favorable position as a former leader to influence positive change in the life of his fellow northerners, of whom majority are dirt poor and illiterate. The northerners can do better than this. . .

All he does is contest elections - whenever he loses, his people commit violent acts in his name. Human lives and property is lost and never rebuilt or regained.

You've lost everything if you've lost the trust of your child, wife daddy, mummy, brothers, sisters, country, humanity, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by koma1(m): 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
There's no living northerner that can pull crowd like GMB without spending a penny.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by genxris: 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
IbnSultaan:
He is the only charismatic and honest politician in Africa today
y
Are you kidding me ?
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by genxris: 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
First of all they want him because he is a Muislim from Hausa tribe. They want also him because the average Hausa man still believes that a Hausa and a Muslim person and not a Christian (jonathan) who "manovered" his way to the top due to Yar a dua's demise should be leading this country. (After all they were told they are born to lead).
The Hausa man will justify his support for Mr Buhari by saying he has integrity. I notice every Buhari supporter talks of his "integrity" many of this supporters where either not born or still to young to know what Buhari's administration looked like. To me I don't want to say he has or doesn't have integrity but even when I have the a unquestionable integrity but many of my "kitchen cabinet" Is comprised of suspicious and questionable fellows, it leaves more to be desired about who I really am or who I may turn to be.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by mandhi(m): 12:56am On Mar 08, 2015
osamaBUSH:
So buhari is the only honest person in Nigeria what are we not saying
They are not saying he is the only 1 but among all the current politicians he is the 1 with thesame level of honesty as our founding fathers. THE ONLY 1.
May be PAT UTOMI too.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by mandhi(m): 1:11am On Mar 08, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Assuming he tries to meet the corrupt leaders in the north currently in government to provide school, security of life and they don't cos of their corrupt nature. What should he do?
By the way he is not the only humble leader who even if he speaks he wld not be listened to. We hav shagari, shonekan etc. Wld the current politicians listen to them, if the tell them to do the right it as leaders. Think pls.
God bless Nigeria and every place else.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by OAM4J: 11:18am On Mar 08, 2015
Sweetguy25:

If you must ask someone to do something important for you, TRUST becomes everything.

The day I stop trusting anyone I hired to do a job I hired him or her for, then his or her sack becomes imminent.

TRUST is key, even in relationships. So earn it, lots of it.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by osamaBUSH(m): 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
mandhi:

They are not saying he is the only 1 but among all the current politicians he is the 1 with thesame level of honesty as our founding fathers. THE ONLY 1.
May be PAT UTOMI too.
OK
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Sweetguy25: 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
You've lost everything if you've lost the trust of your child, wife daddy, mummy, brothers, sisters, country, humanity, etc.

Trash. Trust is not whole or all encompassing, trust is specific. If you know what I mean
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Sweetguy25: 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
mandhi:

Assuming he tries to meet the corrupt leaders in the north currently in government to provide school, security of life and they don't cos of their corrupt nature. What should he do?
By the way he is not the only humble leader who even if he speaks he wld not be listened to. We hav shagari, shonekan etc. Wld the current politicians listen to them, if the tell them to do the right it as leaders. Think pls.
God bless Nigeria and every place else.

But the question is - did he at any point in time attempt to do these things? The answer is NO. Buhari has never initiated any positive idea, movement or organization to better the lives of northerners. None is on record.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Sweetguy25: 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
OAM4J:

If you must ask someone to do something important for you, TRUST becomes everything.

The day I stop trusting anyone I hired to do a job I hired him or her for, then his or her sack becomes imminent.

TRUST is key, even in relationships. So earn it, lots of it.

Like I said to someone earlier, trust is not an all-encompassing verb or term. You can trust Buhari not to be corrupt or loot funds but can he entrusted with leadership - a trait or quality he does not possess.

Can they trust Buhari to improve their living conditions? The answer is NO. Buhari is not trustworthy in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by aliyusamaila52(m): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
I love general because of his integrity,honesty.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Bizibi(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:

some people still don't understand what you wrote,but i want a northerner to tell me what this man have actually done for the average northerner,put sentiments aside i want to know what he put on ground that has impacted the northerners....nobody should say trust or honesty,just name the program and project this man has done
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Remarkable: 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
GboyegaD:
He is a man of integrity and that is the most important thing for anyone.

So the question was " what has Buhari done for the North."

and your answer was/is "Integrity"?

Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Sweetguy25: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Bizibi:
some people still don't understand what you wrote,but i want a northerner to tell me what this man have actually done for the average northerner,put sentiments aside i want to know what he put on ground that has impacted the northerners....nobody should say trust or honesty,just name the program and project this man has done

Thats exactly what I'm asking. Still waiting for answers
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by cjrane: 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nepotism !

He doesn't have to do anything for them to prefer him, as long as he is a northerner.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
can u tell me what jonathan has done for the ss and se that makes them to lose their sanity for him?
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by GboyegaD(m): 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
Remarkable:

So the question was " what has Buhari done for the North."

and your answer was/is "Integrity"?

Just asking.

Yes. He need not do something for them to like him and all they like about him is his sincerity.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Beedude(m): 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
bid4rich:

As they say in my side ''one rich man among 10 poor people is poor himself''

one man of integrity among dozens of corrupt people is himself corruption. It then means he himself is corrupt as well as they say GEJ is corrupt. The question is, can you now drive out corruption with corruption?

A wise and typical Nigeria politician will mke good use of corrupt people if dat is d solution to get to d top (no party in Nigeria has saints as all its members) . When u get dere den u show ur real person.. At least Late Yar'a dua belongs to pdp ( na inside black pot white pap dey come) u can further read about Ladoja, Akala and the Late Baba Adedibu in Oyo state so u know what actually transpired btw dem.. Most of this corrupt pple are d ones dat will canvass and get u more votes in d various states,local govt or areas dat v benefited from dem in one way or anod.. So the saying goes : Politics is a dirty game. Atimes u don't v much choices to make
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Sweetguy25: 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Teejizzle:
can u tell me what jonathan has done for the ss and se that makes them to lose their sanity for him?

Rhetorical question
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by LFJ: 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
osamaBUSH:
So buhari is the only honest person in Nigeria what are we not saying

No, their are millions of honest Nigerians, but they are not bold enough to come out because they know that Nigerians appreciate people of questionable characters than the honest people. Not until the death of Chief Gani Fayeinmi, only few appreciate his struggle for the poor masses of Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by LFJ: 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
Bizibi:

You don't need to build castle for your people before they love or appreciate you. We appreciate people for different reasons. I guess you want the northerners to come forward to be telling you the number of roads Buhari constructed or number of airports he built.
His simplicity, honesty, integrity, sincerity and exemplary life, may mean nothing to you especially in the Nigeria of today where f.o.ols are celebrated as leaders but to others, they may not need more than this to become your followers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by eaglechild: 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
cjrane:
Nepotism !

He doesn't have to do anything for them to prefer him, as long as he is a northerner.
GBAM!
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by jamace(m): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
olatunji21:
Muhammadu Buhari = Honesty

Muhammadu Buhari = Integrity

Muhammadu Buhari = Transparency

Muhammadu Buhari = Impartiality

Muhammadu Buhari = Trustworthy

Muhammadu Buhari = Neutrality

They accuse me of everything but they can never accuse me of Corruption- General Muhammadu Buhari
He claimed a WASC certificate bearing the name "MOHAMMED BUHARI" belongs to him which is forgery. And forgery is the father of all kwarufshon.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by yokiti: 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ikwokrikwo:
It is tribal affilation and nothing more, that is why the only time he lost in the north was when he contested against a fellow northerner - Yar'adua.
The north will always vote for a northern candidate and we know it, even though some people pretend about it.
Have you heard of SDP's MKO Abiola a Yoruba man from Abeokuta defeating NRC's Alh Bashir Tofa an Hausa man from Kano during the 1993 presidential election?
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Bizibi(m): 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
LFJ:

You don't need to build castle for your people before they love or appreciate you. We appreciate people for different reasons. I guess you want the northerners to come forward to be telling you the number of roads Buhari constructed or number of airports he built.
His simplicity, honesty, integrity, sincerity and exemplary life, may mean nothing to you especially in the Nigeria of today where f.o.ols are celebrated as leaders but to others, they may not need more than this to become your followers.
I am not talking about infrastructure, I am talking about educational programs, agricultural projects...... I have been to the north and the level of poverty is just too high,even in delta state some prominent politicians have some programs that is aimed at educating and empowering the youths,it is not funded by the government and these guys are not in position.....you cannot tell me you are a grassroot leader and you haven't done something that will put the people who are your followers in the right direction...there are very few politicians in the north who have such programs,even as much as I don't like ibb he has his own empowerment program in Niger state so someone should tell me what this man have really done as a grassroot politician

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 People Who Look Like Obama But Aren’t Obama / Presidency In Confusion, As Buhari Recalls Sacked CSO Abdulrahman Mani...!! / Hilarious Pic Of Nigerians Waiting For APC And Buhari In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.