Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,590 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing (18826 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Dunamis Pastor’s Wife Bans Members From Hugging, Pecking In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by yetseyi(f): 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
Its about time.

Despite the fact that theres a huge poster outiside the headquarters and the headquarters youth church showing the kind of dressing not allowed, people will still wear them to church.

They were giving wrappers to indecently dressed girls at mfm headquarters youth church some time back to cover up and later they had to say no more wrapper dress decently or you will be turned back.

You will see skirts/ dresses that should only be found in the club house on a sister in church haba, and brothers that are trying to turn a new leaf from fornication will be distracted right where should be a solace.

I wonder what it will cost some ladies to wear a shirt/decent top and a knee length decent skirt or any other decent cloth to church.

For two weeks now i noticed some sisters would stand by the gate on the lookout for ladies with indecent dressing and they would stylishly call them to one side and say " sister pls pull you skirt down' (i overheard one) I just wonder what you want to pull when there's nothing to pull.

Especially that headquarters youth church.

It may sound harsh but i think it's about time.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by judedwriter(m): 6:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
Unfortunately, mfm has more of folks seeking deliverance dan true members.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by undigeh: 6:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
FrancisTony:
Still, they don't go on suicide bombing unlike those putting on long-flowing hijab and burka.

*humour sake*

These are spiritual suicide bomber in christiandom. They are the counterparts of the female Muslim suicide bomber. Know it today.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Seun(m): 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Walspring:
Its evil because it pollute both the church and the mind of people that is being distracted
Sex is not a pollutant. It's is a natural thing that our bodies are designed to crave, because it is necessary for the survival of humanity. It's awesome. A lot of atrocities have been committed by people who are afraid of sex and sexuality. We need to get over this irrational fear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
Seun:

Sex is not a pollutant. It's is a natural thing that our bodies are designed to crave, because it is necessary for the survival of humanity. It's awesome. A lot of atrocities have been committed by people who are afraid of sex and sexuality. We need to get over this irrational fear.

True, sex is not evil but the context it is put to use that makes it bad, if done within the confine of true matrimony, that is fine but if done outside marriage it becomes bad.....
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Anointed08(m): 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
FrancisTony:
Still, they don't go on suicide bombing unlike those putting on long-flowing hijab and burka.

*humour sake*

Many of them dressed indecently and got raped or attracted spiritual rapists(spiritual husbands) into their lives. Is that not self-suicidal enough?
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Adedoks(m): 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
yetseyi:
Its about time.

Despite the fact that theres a huge poster outiside the headquarters and the headquarters youth church showing the kind of dressing not allowed, people will still wear them to church.

They were giving wrappers to indecently dressed girls at mfm headquarters youth church some time back to cover up and later they had to say no more wrapper dress decently or you will be turned back.

You will see skirts/ dresses that should only be found in the club house on a sister in church haba, and brothers that are trying to turn a new leaf from fornication will be distracted right where should be a solace.

I wonder what it will cost some ladies to wear a shirt/decent top and a knee length decent skirt or any other decent cloth to church.

For two weeks now i noticed some sisters would stand by the gate on the lookout for ladies with indecent dressing and they would stylishly call them to one side and say " sister pls pull you skirt down' (i overheard one) I just wonder what you want to pull when there's nothing to pull.

Especially that headquarters youth church.

It may sound harsh but i think it's about time.

are you a unilag student
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by haryomikun(m): 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=31396922][/quote]
Wagbayi lalasticlarkclark
Btw re u an mfm member lyk ishilove? ?
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by bukatyne(f): 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
Love MFM's stance on dressing

They even talk on dressing in their minister 's retreat.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by suptol(m): 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
if this act is practised in other denominations, maybe, just maybe, immorality will reduce in the House of God.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by haryomikun(m): 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
skullbaba:
They won't introduce all these laws when 'growing' but will do when 'grown'. Now they notice all those evil gals wey fire no catch na to ban them. The bible says help your neighbour. Help them don't send them away after they help grow the ministry
Its always been in the doctrine of mfmm but just like all rulesn they were bent. However, mfm is renewing the law again.
It just like a couple renewing their vows
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Joshuadon: 7:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
Seun:
There's nothing evil about the human body. This is how religion enslaves people. Skimpy dressing is distracting at worst, not evil. Don't hate.

not EVIL but leads to EVIL...??
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by henryutd(m): 7:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abraham is your father. Jezebel is your mother. But Abraham never married to Jezebel. Why are ladies bent on destroying the temple of God? Always making men commit adultery in per second.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by bolliejay(m): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
Yea. But its no longer news.
Its is even for the benefit of thr ladies....imagine wen u wear mini-skirt, and u fall during manifestation of the holy spirt.........u will expose all ur body........

Be upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions: Obadiah 1:17
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by kristen12(f): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
This isn't news Иα. They always stop me @the gate of HQ main church every sunday and I'm sure they will stop me tomorrow
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Walspring: 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
Seun:

I didnt mentioned Sex and i dont know how you end up mentioning Sex here, anyway i am here to tell you that Sex is a pollutant if you do it outside your marriage and the person body will be fragmented to another woman..
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Walspring: 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
kristen12:
This isn't news Иα. They always stop me @the gate of HQ main church every sunday and I'm sure they will stop me tomorrow

So you are regular stopper there.. Since you are sure that they will stop you there, i think you just going there for fun and what their doing there is not part of you, automatically you are wasting your time praying there if i am not wrong
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Walspring: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
shinejackie:

True, sex is not evil but the context it is put to use that makes it bad, if done within the confine of true matrimony, that is fine but if done outside marriage it becomes bad.....

@bold...

It is evil doing it outside marriage
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Walspring: 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
synergycom19:
Thank God now they are using wisdom instead of claiming that it's the the HOLY SPIRIT responsibility,those days it's was
Salvation(heaven at last,take the world and give me JESUS)
Fire
Holiness,
Righteousness.
But now it's
Prosperity
Membership
Tithing
Offering
Seeds sowing

You need orientation
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by JoeCutie(m): 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
This MFM people can be mean sha. My babe is an MFM member (But I bet she's not a strong member. She don taya for the church sef. I hope she's not reading this sha ). I followed her to their fellowship twice in school. Omo, the thing no be here oh. Die! Die!! Die!!! Who wan die nah? I sha warned her never to carry me there ever again. I don't want to comangoandie. grin embarassed

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
Walspring:

@bold...

It is evil doing it outside marriage

Well, different stroke for different people, some peeps might not agree with ur line of thought, sex is better within the confines of matrimony and l hold on to that..... cool
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by ThaProphet(m): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
mmsen:

What is 'indecent' when you live in the tropics?

When it is hot it makes sense to wear less clothing.

It is insane to cover yourself up as if you are trying to withstand a harsh European winter when the reality is that it is 30 celcius outside and humid.

Finally, some common sense.

Same goes for people who wear a vest, shirt, waistcoat and a suit jacket while wearing trousers, thick socks and shoes in a boiling hot weather! Our tropical weather favours less clothing hence, our ancestors kept clothing minimal. Clothing was minimal then but wasn't sexualised.

The problem here is not the fact that clothes are skimpy. People wore "skimpier" clothes back then because they had common sense not because they were stupid or were slots. The problem is over-sexualisation of our bodies.

I know however that ladies and guys dress skimpy these days to attract sexual attention and I don't agree with that.

The core problem is not the clothes, it's the mind of those in the clothes and the minds of those complaining.

My 2 kobo on the subject.

2 Likes

Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Walspring: 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
shinejackie:

Well, different stroke for different people, some peeps might not agree with ur line of thought, sex is better within the confines of matrimony and l hold on to that..... cool

Big boss, anyone who does not agree that sex is an evil doing it outside marriage should allow his wife to have sex outside their marriage first... Am 100% sure that this will bring evil that will scatter the marriage..

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Walspring:

Big boss, anyone who does not agree that sex is an evil doing it outside marriage should allow his wife to have sex outside their marriage first... Am 100% sure that this will bring evil that will scatter the marriage..

cool
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Walspring: 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
ThaProphet:

Finally, some common sense.

Same goes for people who wear a vest, shirt, waistcoat and a suit jacket while wearing trousers, thick socks and shoes in a boiling hot weather! Our tropical weather favours less clothing hence, our ancestors kept clothing minimal. Clothing was minimal then but wasn't sexualised.

The problem here is not the fact that clothes are skimpy. People wore "skimpier" clothes back then because they had common sense not because they were stupid or were slots. The problem is over-sexualisation of our bodies.

I know however that ladies and guys dress skimpy these days to attract sexual attention and I don't agree with that.

The core problem is not the clothes, it's the mind of those in the clothes and the minds of those complaining.

My 2 kobo on the subject.

With their skimpy dress they put those people into temptation and we should not forget that not all of us can over come temptation but its the grace of God. Remember that falling into temptation is a sin.

Why would they make someone to sin with their skimpy dress at the first place... The same sins our forefathers committed is what we are suffering from now
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Originalsly: 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
When does dressing become indecent?.....if the ankles show?...if the knees show?...part of the thighs?....must women wear turtle neck tops? ...what can be exposed?....face, neck, arms from below the elbow only?..ankles only? They need to explain.....what is decent in one place may be. ery indecent in another.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Blackkie: 8:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
Excellent!
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by FarmTech(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
Seun:
There's nothing evil about the human body. This is how religion enslaves people. Skimpy dressing is distracting at worst, not evil. Don't hate.
The thing there is that if you expose your unclothedness and cause others to sin, you body becomes an instrument for evil. God hate lust and He won't spare those that lead others to lust. Decency matters everywhere, not only in the church.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
If u are a girl take this truth:Jesus Christ would not rapture you if u are wearing make up or earrings or trousers or attachments.the origination of earrings is in slavery.am telln you the truth.all those boys telln you that you look beautiful when you were these things are ignorant of the truth.Those things will lead you to hell fire.you are warned again.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
The General overseer of MFM said inone of his messages titled the truth you know that any woman wearing trousers will never be free from spirit Husband.i don't think he would want such people in the church.someone that can't be free.That after deliverance the demons would still come back.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing by obiak4(m): 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
skullbaba:
They won't introduce all these laws when 'growing' but will do when 'grown'. Now they notice all those evil gals wey fire no catch na to ban them. The bible says help your neighbour. Help them don't send them away after they help grow the ministry
fyi these information is coming too late on nl dk olukoya had annonced these months ago then it was even on nl op just wanted to make fp
fyi dk olukoya is even against bling bling earings braclets etc
and he has his points which i think is from the holy book
fyi mfm is my church in view would start someday!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Was An Attempted Burglary - Daystar Clarifies Armed Robbery Report In Church / More Rude Things People Do In Church / She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.