Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba (6423 Views)

Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba / Kehinde Bankole Goes Half Nude On AMVCA Red Carpet. / Funke Akindele Pops Out Her Boobs On AMVCA Red Carpet (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by itstpia99: 5:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Most yoruba actresses in nollywood are not yoruba.

I don't know why people are pretending to be shocked.
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by Godmother(f): 6:35am On Mar 08, 2015
Adesiji77:

I was very surprised/shocked to hear her say that. She has really adapted very well.

Urhobo Wayo! cheesy

Its Urhobo Wado joor grin
Yea she did o. Most people find it hard to believe she's anything but Yoruba. Anyways I guess that's what survival in a tribalistic industry does to one. Lol
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by itstpia99: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Godmother:

Most people find it hard to believe she's anything but Yoruba.

Not true.
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by Adesiji77: 7:00am On Mar 08, 2015
Godmother:

Its Urhobo Wado joor grin
Yea she did o. Most people find it hard to believe she's anything but Yoruba. Anyways I guess that's what survival in a tribalistic industry does to one. Lol

Oops, my mistake.

Modified accordingly. smiley

1 Like

Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 08, 2015
itstpia99:
Most yoruba actresses in nollywood are not yoruba.
Most abi some? undecided
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 08, 2015
tyconcepts:
Fathia Balogun, popular Nollywood actress just said on Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award (AMVCA) where he was called to pick up an award that she is an Urhobo Lady from Delta State and not Yoruba.

How can she say she ain't Yoruba with all her Yoruba Speaking prowess?? shocked

Are you shocked as I am??
You need to hear my mum speak yoruba then switch to urhobo, isoko, okpe you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by bukatyne(f): 7:50am On Mar 08, 2015
It is no news

Others are Rachael Oniga, Mercy Aigbe etc.
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by MrEverest(m): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2015
aanumama:
Fathia ain't Yoruba, but because we Yorubas are accommodating people and we love to see people around us progress, she was given the platform to be who she is today in the Yoruba sect of Nollywood,
Coupled with the fact that she's an hardworking lady.
When a lie is told many times it starts to look like fact. What do mean by Yorubas being accommodating? My dear Lagos is not like other states, just like Abuja, this two cities due to Federal influence became cosmopolitan, for starters, Yorubas don't give out their land free of charge, they sell/sold it at very high prices. Late Sam Loco, was from Edo state but he was very fluent in Igbo language & equally had a very good grasp of Igbo idioms & proverbs. Fathia being fluent in Yoruba or acting in Yoruba movies is simply because she grew up in the S.west!

1 Like

Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by iamrealdeji(m): 11:46am On Mar 08, 2015
ibkgab001:
Nah lie she is bororo
She looks like fulani with that slim face,slim nose

2 Likes

Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by pojophilius(m): 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
afolag:

very smart of you. looks like u aint proud of ya self in the first places. Anyways to cut a long story short, u dnt need to set your foot in lagos befre you know her, internet is every here, if she could be on AMVCA I think a ur neighbours with dish and decoder will help u out on that.
U get time...
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by ChristyG(f): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=Godmother post=31406232]

Iffahear lol.

@Topic
Fathia is adefinitely an Urhobo lady. I feel she gets more role cos she was married to a yoruba guy who's a top shot in the movie industry. She has made a name for herself now so that name rides on.[/quote it is true abeg,most urhobo girls have strong brick face,so u can't compare to Yoruba,what is their population def?even d fathia is not full urhobo
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by woodboi(m): 8:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
I smell politics 2019! What is she coming out for, typical way to connect with her people after Olushola saga... This is old news, plus rumour have it that she left her family back in overseas to be with Walata #Unconfirmed
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by julietchic(f): 8:33am On Mar 09, 2015
she doesn't look like Yoruba.
Yoruba's are ugly.
my opinion pls.
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by Obelomo: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2015
She always says it! She is from Ukpara delta state and her mother is from Anambra!
Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by Pumpkin911(f): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
julietchic:
Yoruba's are ugly.
my opinion pls.

.. ummph
..publicity stunt.!

1 Like

Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by ommo(m): 11:54am On Apr 10, 2015
julietchic:
Yoruba's are ugly.
my opinion pls.

Hahahahaha, Looking for cheap publicity. sorry it wont work "MADAM BEAUTY" whose ashame to add her pic to her profile.

1 Like

Re: Fathia Balogun Just Said On AMVCA 2015 That She Is An Urhobo Lady And Not Yoruba by ommo(m): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2015
tyconcepts:
Fathia Balogun, popular Nollywood actress just said on Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award (AMVCA) where he was called to pick up an award that she is an Urhobo Lady from Delta State and not Yoruba.

How can she say she ain't Yoruba with all her Yoruba Speaking prowess?? shocked

Are you shocked as I am??

TY, if followed Yoruba movies, you will have known long time ago. Anyway, atleast you know now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OMG!! See How This Nigerian Woman Striped Her Maid Unclad. [photos] / Where Are Your B00bs? Media React To Viral Photo Of A Nigerian Model / Simply Tacha Show Off Her Amazing Body During UK Tour On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.