Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:20 AM

Marrying From A Single Parent Family, Now What? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying From A Single Parent Family, Now What? (888 Views)

My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. / Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? / Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying From A Single Parent Family, Now What? by brown4: 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2009
Re: Marrying From A Single Parent Family, Now What? by brown4: 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2009
google wrote:

I am planning my wedding and also from a single parent home. Above all I know what my parents went through to raise us and have no intention of re-living it in my own parenting experience. I think that there are deeper issues that are causing your partner to lash out, and say what she is saying . If you really want to marry her ignore her retorts and get to the root of the matter . (i.e insecurity , lack of trust ).

It is sad to hear that a child is involved , whatever the end result is do your best to ensure that the child is raised in best circumstance possible . I think that is all society can ask of you at this stage
Re: Marrying From A Single Parent Family, Now What? by brown4: 2:48am On Jan 14, 2009
lil_larryone wrote:

its a pity that the lady sounds like that, but i think it has to do with frustration, am sure she doesnt mean dose tins she says but she just gets tired and angry. besides u dint tell us how u get her angry. u may displease her to the extent of her saying things she doesnt mean, and also experiencing wat her mum went thru wont be fun for her. but i still do not think that is a deterrent in marrying her. the fact that u love and and most importantly, u have a baby together shld be a key reason for settling down with her. remeber, she is a woman and women tend to say a lot of things dey dont mean.
Re: Marrying From A Single Parent Family, Now What? by Blatant: 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2009
I read it

Big apology to those that might be affected but it is important to
expose this societal ailment.

The truth is that we are not yet married but I love this girl and I'm
sure she loves me too. Already, we have put the carriage before the
horse (we have a child together). We are both getting older and I
would like to marry her but I just can't stand her attitude.

Big question, how do you discuss marriage with a girl that just flips
out; yelling "I don't need you, I can raise this child by myself. My
mother did and I can do it too".?

People from broken homes don't seem to value the marriage institution
very much. If you're not in the situation already, it's not a pretty
experience - don't get involved.

For me, what do I do now? I don't want a scattered family either ,

Na wah, I don tire! Too many problems sef,

Girls who grew up with single mothers are difficult to keep. Their mothers always teach them too much about doing things themselves which eventually means that they dont care about being in a marriage as they have always been told that they can do things by themselves.

if you can do things yourself, why bother with the hassles of marriage - that's usually their reasoning.
Re: Marrying From A Single Parent Family, Now What? by tpia5: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
its just immaturity and feelings she needs to work out from her past.

a form of anger at her father figure.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Operate Joint Account With Ur Spouse? / Please I Need Ur Assistance / jj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.