Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

5 Thought-provoking Questions About God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God (4584 Views)

Olumba Olumba Warns Trump "You Must Stop Provoking God" / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 08, 2015
An all-knowing God can read your mind, so why does he require you to demonstrate your faith by worshiping him?

If God is all-knowing, why do holy books describe him as surprised or angered by the actions of humans? He should have known what was going to happen.

An all-knowing God knows who will ultimately reject him. Why does God create people who he knows will end up in hell?

If God is all knowing, then why did he make humans in the knowledge that he’d eventually have to send Jesus to his death?

Why did a supposedly omnipotent god take six days to create the universe, and why did he require rest on the seventh day?

I'm not an Atheist tho

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by elantraceey(f): 1:25am On Mar 08, 2015
You know there are some things that you never can comprehend .
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Mattpopson101: 1:28am On Mar 08, 2015
Confused sad
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:
Why did God instil curiosity in humans?

Using Evolution as a case study...... Isn’t there an abundance of scientific evidence that supports evolution?
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by mumbasa: 1:36am On Mar 08, 2015
If you find it hard to believe science when it says that the whole universe comes from a particle exploding asking by questions like where did the particle come from, why don't you find it hard to belief that God created the world by saying let there be light and why don't you ask where did God come from.

Steve Hopkins once said - Our Gods don't create us , We create our Gods. Miracles and magic are sciences just like Physics and chemistry but the difference is that we don't yet understand the science of magic so we attribute it to Gods or devils

#JustSaying -- Don't Overthink
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by HrtBrkSteve(m): 1:37am On Mar 08, 2015
Honestly sometimes I just wonder what sort of "weird and crazy" world we live, with all these myths.
But as par your 5 questions, Baba,let am as e be or as you dey hear am and let's continue to chill till when that assumed "Judgement" day come. Happy Sunday oo
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 08, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:
Honestly sometimes I just wonder what sort of "weird and crazy" world we live, with all these myths.
But as par your 5 questions, Baba,let am as e be or as you dey hear am and let's continue to chill till when that assumed "Judgement" day come. Happy Sunday oo
lol..... What if that day never comes?
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by HrtBrkSteve(m): 1:46am On Mar 08, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
lol..... What if that day never comes?
Then,make we live and roll the world as e dey come nooni. Life's too short, my nigga!
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 08, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:

Then,make we live and roll the world as e dey come nooni. Life's too short, my nigga!
Ikorodu guyz nor dey hard to know. Where in Ikorodu is your domicile?
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by fromnigeria(m): 1:56am On Mar 08, 2015
Read your question over, and you'l realise There is no sense in all... Commenting is a mistake.
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 08, 2015
fromnigeria:
Read your question over, and you'l realise There is no sense in all... Commenting is a mistake.

Can you explain why you feel there is no sense in the questions? If you can't then just lock up and walk off.
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 08, 2015
fromnigeria:
smh
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by HrtBrkSteve(m): 7:54am On Mar 08, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Ikorodu guyz nor dey hard to know. Where in Ikorodu is your domicile?
Hahaha, u no serious. Na Ebute Ipakodo I dey ma guy! U dey Kodu too?
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by ojimbo(m): 8:05am On Mar 08, 2015
For example, God knows that one day, i will doubt christianity, which means that am already a candidate of enternal burning frame. Why then did he not take permision from me before creating me into this world

1 Like

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 08, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:

Hahaha, u no serious. Na Ebute Ipakodo I dey ma guy! U dey Kodu too?
I dey Warri.......but I spent some years in Ikorodu .......I know Ebute wella na

Na Laspotech area I dey dat year
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 08, 2015
ojimbo:
For example, God knows that one day, i will doubt christianity, which means that am already a candidate of eternal burning frame. Why then did he not take permission from me before creating me into this world
lol
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:
what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by onetrack(m): 10:11am On Mar 08, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

I'm not an Atheist tho

You are certainly on the road to becoming one. This is how it starts; this is what I was doing as I was in the process of dumping my religion and I am now atheist.

1 Like

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by kingviny: 11:20am On Mar 08, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
An all-knowing God can read your mind, so why does he require you to demonstrate your faith by worshiping him?

If God is all-knowing, why do holy books describe him as surprised or angered by the actions of humans? He should have known what was going to happen.

An all-knowing God knows who will ultimately reject him. Why does God create people who he knows will end up in hell?

If God is all knowing, then why did he make humans in the knowledge that he’d eventually have to send Jesus to his death?

Why did a supposedly omnipotent god take six days to create the universe, and why did he require rest on the seventh day?

I'm not an Atheist tho

Read "In The Light of Truth" The Grail Message for answers to these and many more. If you are not biased but objective, you will surely find what you are seeking. Read in particular, VOLUME 2, lecture 22 , MAN AND HIS FREE WILL (www.grailmessage.com)
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by hightempo(m): 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
God is everything in this universe. He is a spirit, he has no religion except the religion of love in which everybody in the universe is included. Nobody is outside the plan of God either saint or sinner. in him we live, move and have our being. But the only problem we have today is our comprehension of who God is...... pray that God should open your eyes so that u can see the hidden mystery of the scripture. every line of the scripture contains hidden meaning that is invisible to us.......except your spiritual eyes is opened u will never understand the bible.......Christianity today has lost the real key of d bible, they preach the gospel at the surface level. I wish our eyes are opened.
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
hightempo:
God is everything in this universe. He is a spirit, he has no religion except the religion of love in which everybody in the universe is included. Nobody is outside the plan of God either saint or sinner. in him we live, move and have our being. But the only problem we have today is our comprehension of who God is...... pray that God should open your eyes so that u can see the hidden mystery of the scripture. every line of the scripture contains hidden meaning that is invisible to us.......except your spiritual eyes is opened u will never understand the bible.......Christianity today has lost the real key of d bible, they preach the gospel at the surface level. I wish our eyes are opened.
how would u know ur eyes are open?
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by johnydon22(m): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
more questions.

[size=16]Why would an all knowing God be against knowledge by creating the tree of knowledge and command you never eat from it.

Why would an all powerful God create the tree of knowledge when he knows he doesnt want it to be eaten and also knows adam and eve will eventually eat from it

A perfect and Omniscient God can never regret or make mistakes but God of the bible actually regretted making man (mistake)

Why would an all knowing God wipe out the whole earth with flood because they are evil, still knowing the world will turn evil again.

A loving God seeking for 10 good people before he can spare the cities of sodom and gomorrah, forgot millions of children and unborn babies in the cities, aren't those innocent ones good enough reason to spare the city
[/size]

we could go on and on like forever
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
lalasticlala.... Happy New Month
Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by Niflheim(m): 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
@alkarulezz,

A thought provoking post!!!

Did you know that the gods of old, found in cave man literature, were simply based on human characters(Tyrants and power hungry slave masters)? This is why there are stories of rebellion(Lucifer the Liberator) and paying of tithes(tax and tribute)!!!

This is why heaven is described as a palace with gates and guards(angels/men with chicken wings on their backs)!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God by obinna58(m): 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
ALKARULEZZ:
lalasticlala.... Happy New Month

U must have closer an atheist now
How z religious life?

(1) (Reply)

The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists / Mercy Versus Judgement / Debunking The Miracles Supposedly Substantiated By Dr Richard Casdorph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.