Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan (8419 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / The North Will Not Leave Lagos For Yorubas If Nigeria Breaks / We Will Use Technology To Rid Nigeria Of Corruption If Reelected -------- Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by APCCHANGE(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan exchanging pleasantries with royal fathers in Ile-Ife, Osun State

President Goodluck Jonathan has promised to rectify the unequal appointment of South-Westerners at the federal level if he is re-elected for a second term in office.

Jonathan made the pledge when he visited the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade on Saturday.

Jonathan’s administration has been heavily criticised for ignoring South-Westerners in its appointment at the federal level with Akinwunmi Adesina, Minister Agriculture, the leading Yoruba in his government.

Jonathan has since promised to redress the unequal political appointment of the South-West at the federal level if re-elected.

Jonathan said that for Nigeria to move forward, “the key thing needed is the implementation of the National confab”.

He said that his administration would fully implement its recommendation if re-elected.

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by kheart(m): 9:16am On Mar 08, 2015
Can't remember d last time I got d FTC.

Can u beat APC VP slot mr president?

12 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by francizy(m): 9:19am On Mar 08, 2015
Jonathan you mumu oh!

So you were biased initially in your appointments?

Sometimes I wonder why am supporting you..

Anyways, I recall that I don't want someone to buy up Nigeria that's why am supporting you..

Thread with caution and stop being biased man.. angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by GOATandYAMtheory: 9:22am On Mar 08, 2015
LooL.

You don't have to worry, your excellency. Buhari will do it

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 08, 2015
Why trust the clueless? you have achieved more in six weeks than your sick six years. its even good you know you have been biased in every word and action. Jonathan making 1 trillion promises since 419bc. On my scorecard, your administration is a total failure. Any one that votes for the clueless is a coward and not a patriot. the incoming will do that better than you can ever imagine. Nigeria is greater than any man's selfish ambitions. Otuke 2015 is sacrosanct

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by holatin(m): 9:34am On Mar 08, 2015
Jonathan has since promised to redress the unequal political
appointment of the South-West at the federal level if re-elected.

thank God he admit it.

But believe him at your own peril.

Anonimi Abeg come and defend your master with those pictures.

sai baba jooor

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by Mayor21(m): 9:40am On Mar 08, 2015
He's not bias

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by SkyBlue1: 9:41am On Mar 08, 2015
More desperate vote seeking tactics. Nigeria does not need a special interest president, but one that can fix the country to work well for everybody. A couple of elites from different groups getting juicy positions is not the chaange Nigerians need.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2015
You can say that to the people six feet under.

Yorubas are not only after appointments, we are after good governance that caters to all.

You have failed woefully and no chance of repeating.

Your type of failure is what earns automatic expulsion from the school. So you are hereby expelled straight to Otuoke.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 9:52am On Mar 08, 2015
holatin:
Jonathan has since promised to redress the unequal political
appointment of the South-West at the federal level if re-elected.

thank God he admit it.

But believe him at your own peril.

Anonimi Abeg come and defend your master with those pictures.

sai baba jooor

You should address your grievances and complaints to the JagaBandit of Thief'nuibu cabal who sold the #4 position of Speaker House of Reps for stomach infrastructure of SLAVERY to Tambuwal while Jonathan and PDP worked for our yoruba sister Mulikat, not so

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by holatin(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2015
anonimi:

You should address your grievances and complaints to the JagaBandit of Thief'nuibu cabal who sold the #4 position of Speaker House of Reps for stomach infrastructure of SLAVERY to Tambuwal while Jonathan and PDP worked for our yoruba sister Mulikat, not so
really tell me why he still made d bolded if he is truly fighting for our so called sister or his pocket

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by gwales: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2015
anonimi:

1 Like

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2015
PassingShot:
You can say that to the people six feet under.

Yorubas are not only after appointments, we are after good governance that caters to all.

You have failed woefully and no chance of repeating. It is expulsion straight to Otuoke.

So we should change to good governance provided by the APC navigator, OBJ who spent eight years but could not fix the Lagos-Ibadan express road in his own backyard, abi

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2161387_img20150226175642_jpegf8db9fac0971f776c3703d5b2fc38ab6

Or maybe we change to good governance of Buhari that CANCELS the good, progressive infrastructural work of others, abi

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2045441_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Me I don wise up talk sey, NEVER AGAIN. You better do the same!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162230_photochooserd96e13d8f7e34cbbb299524561d1b4b7_jpeg2697502adbcaeae3c8cfe544e7ff2796

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by gwales: 10:00am On Mar 08, 2015
anonimi:

not to burst your bubble but the #4 position is an elective position and there are about 220 pdp reps in the house, so why blame tinubu. y did he marginalised yoruba in his cabinet and why didn't the pdp reps vote for the preferred president candidate mulikat?

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by crownprince102: 10:01am On Mar 08, 2015
This dude lacks sense of talking.
He doesn't know how to present a sensible speech.
This shows you know yourself you are biased and you didn't rectify, you want their vote before rectification. This people aren't gullible. Ooni of Ife knows you are only visiting the ancient town due to your re-election. The monarch has dealt with smart and wise politicians not to talk of clueless and dumb fellow like you. Otueke for sure.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by ziky2010(m): 10:07am On Mar 08, 2015
It seems Jonathan was wrongly advised.Traditional rulers in Yorubaland can only influence their chiefs and their royal council not their town's people.This is not North where Emirs and sultan would ask their subject to vote for a particular candidate and they wl obey.Change will need and we will surely get that come March 28

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by ManMountain(m): 10:10am On Mar 08, 2015
Foolishness. he should start the redressing by cautioning anyim pius anyim to stop sacking Yorubas from the MDAs.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by Canme4u(m): 10:17am On Mar 08, 2015
That depends on the fastest fingers to rectify cos WE the People of SW would rectify the mistake of voting you enmass in 2011.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by omenka(m): 10:29am On Mar 08, 2015
This man makes me sick with his utterances. He actually always sounds wiser with his mouth shut.

You should concentrate on rectifying your wife's malfunctioning tongue than bothering yourself with the SW.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by omenka(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2015
ziky2010:
It seems Jonathan was wrongly advised.Traditional rulers in Yorubaland can only influence their chiefs and their royal council not their town's people.This is not North where Emirs and sultan would ask their subject to vote for a particular candidate and they wl obey.Change will need and we will surely get that come March 28
Let him keep deceiving himself.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 10:33am On Mar 08, 2015
gwales:
not to burst your bubble but the #4 position is an elective position and there are about 220 pdp reps in the house, so why blame tinubu. y did he marginalised yoruba in his cabinet and why didn't the pdp reps vote for the preferred president candidate mulikat?

Burst my bubble indeed grin grin

nurabela:

Speakership Showdown: Governors Meet Reps, Insist On Mulikat

The battle for the speakership of the House of Representatives has shifted to the Asokoro lodges of governors from the Peoples Democratic Party, in Abuja, where they read the Riot Act to lawmakers-elect to respect the party’s decision by electing Mrs. Mulikat Akande-Adeola as speaker on Monday.

This is even as a rash of meetings of Reps zonal caucuses continued on Saturday to finalise strategies on the election of Speaker.

The life of the House under the superintendence of Mr. Dimeji Bankole ended on Saturday.

The contest for the exalted speakership seat has sharply divided the 360-member House, throwing up Adeola, Messrs Aminu Tambuwal and Muraino Ajibola, as aspirants.

The PDP leadership in league with its governors had endorsed Akande-Adeola as the party’s candidate after a meeting on Thursday in Abuja.

But a group of lawmakers led by Tambuwal, who is also aspiring for the most hallowed chair, has remained defiant, and vowed to contest the seat.

It was gathered that the adamant posture of the Tambuwal group, compelled the party to direct its PDP governors to individually reach out to their repsentatives to make them act in accord with the party position.

Consequently, PDP governors still in Abuja met the legislators last Friday to pressurize them to vote for the anointed candidate of the party.

One lawmaker outside the North, told Sunday Punch on Saturday that the governors called them to appeal and in some cases, intimidate, adding however, that they would still go ahead with the “Tambuwal project.”

He said, “The governors called us on Friday to read the Riot Act; but governors were not the ones that elected us. The electorate elected us.

“Our oath of allegiance is to the Constitution and not to any individual, mindful of the fact that the Constitution has no provision for either North or South, but one indivisible country called Nigeria.

“The important thing is that the Speaker of the House does not belong to the PDP alone, but also belongs to other political parties.

“Therefore, no amount of coercion, intimidation or threat will deter us from going ahead with our plan.”

Earlier, the South-West zonal plank of the PDP, led by former President Olusegun Obasanjo had adopted Muraino as its candidate, but the party in Abuja and the legislators spurned the decision.

The caucuses of South-South zone led by Mr. Andrew Uchendu and North-East zone chaired by Mr. Jerry Manwe, on Saturday, issued a statement, backing Mulikat.

Uchendu, from Rivers State told one of our correspondents on the telephone that the South-South lawmakers believed in the supremacy of the party and that whomever the PDP supported would be adopted.

He said, “After we evaluated the candidates for the contest, we found out that Mulikat’s mien, conduct, educational background and humility prepared her well as a possible leader we need to support.

“We also believe in political compromise for the sustainability of our democracy and our country. No zone should be left out in the political equation of the country and for the stability of the country.

“We have told our colleagues that we should not question the PDP platform that brought us to Abuja.”

Also, Manwe stated, “The North-East caucus stands by the party’s decision. We are loyal party members.”

It is believed that Mulikat is pairing with Mr. Yakubu Dogara from Bauchi State, who until last Friday was the Chairman, House Services Committee.

The House has about 260 new members of the 360-member legislature, and the new lawmakers hold the power loop critical to the emergence of the speaker.

A thrice-elected lawmaker said, “These new members can easily listen to their governors than the ranking members who are supporting Tambuwal.

“If we take cognizance of the fact that the old members are about 100, it will be easy to appreciate that we don’t have what it takes to tilt the balance, only the new lawmakers can.”

Both Mulikat and Tambuwal have met former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu of Action Congress of Nigeria, in a bid to secure the support of the 70-member lawmakers of the party.

The two leading contestants in the race are lawyers, and Mulikat apart from enjoying the party’s support, is also being supported by President Goodluck Jonathan and his wfe, Patience.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 10:35am On Mar 08, 2015
anonimi:

So we should change to good governance provided by the APC navigator, OBJ who spent eight years but could not fix the Lagos-Ibadan express road in his own backyard, abi

Or maybe we change to good governance of Buhari that CANCELS the good, progressive infrastructural work of others, abi

Me I don wise up talk sey, NEVER AGAIN. You better do the same!

If you like post that trash from now till tomorrow, GEJ's achievements do not reflect what Nigeria has earned under his government. Add looting/stealing of our resources and insecurity problems; unbiased minds will realize that he doesn't deserve a day longer than May 29, 2015 in office.

#ThingsMusthange

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by QuotaSystem: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2015
anonimi:

Speaker of HOR is an ELECTIVE position. Jonathan is apologising for his bias against the Yoruba nation in political/government appointments.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2015
Mr bubbles here you are again =>

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9_mLpitnfQ][/url]

Uploaded on Jun 7, 2011
-Defy Jonathan, PDP, Elect Tambuwal

Member of the House of Reps on Monday ignored the PDP's zoning formula to elect Aminu Waziri Tambuwal from Sokoto State(North-West Nigeria) as the new Speaker of the House.

Far too many people believing the LIES of the masters of propaganda, APC and the Thief'nuibu cabal.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by amakaobiemeka: 10:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Whats the point of ur failed promise, when yoruba have the automatic position of no2 already +fashola, fayemi, abike dabiri etc that would be joining in. U think the sophisticated yoruba are that dumb like u

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by akoraye(m): 10:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Your rectification is already late mumu!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 10:44am On Mar 08, 2015
PassingShot:
If you like post that trash from now till tomorrow, GEJ's achievements do not reflect what Nigeria has earned under his government. Add looting/stealing of our resources and insecurity problems; unbiased minds will realize that he doesn't deserve a day longer than May 29, 2015 in office.

#ThingsMusthange

If you want to change for WORSE, you should not expect anyone to join you except mumus.

Jonathan remains the MOST transparent living elected officer in our nation's history having declared his assets publicly and his PAYE tax returns. If you know of any other person please share. Even El-Rufai confirms he is honest and clean.

IHaveDecided for Progressive Continuity.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by egift(m): 10:46am On Mar 08, 2015
I-Will-Do-President-Jonathan grin grin grin grin

Hey Jonathan, will you also appoint a Yoruba as the Vice President of Nigeria? If NO - then forget it. APC/Buhari also have a better offer. Also the SW will be a major stakeholder in Buhari's regime than what your Corrupt Administration can offer.

My Joy is that my own Ndigbo do not play opposition Politics. And with Dr. Ogbonaya Onu, Rochas and Ngige in APC - Ndigbo will not have difficulties making in-road to Supporting Buhari's Presidency.

Jonathan is a forgotten tendency. Sai Buhari all the way!

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 10:48am On Mar 08, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Speaker of HOR is an ELECTIVE position. Jonathan is apologising for his bias against the Yoruba nation in political/government appointments.

Can you tell us HOW the yoruba nation has been biased against in "political/government appointments" at the federal level with STATISTICS please so we can discuss concretely.
Thanks.

Jonathan obviously has a COMMUNICATION challenge. He should not have addressed this MISCONCEPTION on the part of many yorubas fuelled by APC propaganda the way he has done. Why rectify an error that does NOT exist He is better sticking with the communication of FACTS showing the LIE from Thief'nuibu cabal is no more than that- LIES!
Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 10:53am On Mar 08, 2015
anonimi:

If you want to change for WORSE, you should not expect anyone to join you except mumus.

Jonathan remains the MOST transparent living elected officer in our nation's history having declared his assets publicly and his PAYE tax returns. If you know of any other person please share. Even El-Rufai confirms he is honest and clean.

IHaveDecided for Progressive Continuity.

So telling lies is now a virtue of the Jonathanians! The same Jonathan that declared "I don't give a damn" when asked about asset declaration is the one you claimed has declared same? Maybe he did that in Patience room at the Villa and not to Nigerians.

March 28 remains the date when Nigerians shall decide his fate. Meanwhile here is what the world knows about Jonathan:

"Jonathan's government is incompetent, callous and very corrupt" - The Economist

"Jonathan's record on corruption is a disgrace" - The Guardian, UK

"Nigeria under Jonathan, squandered all wealth and breeds corruption" - Hilary Clinton

"Massive, widespread and pervasive corruption affecting all levels of government under Jonathan" - US State Department

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by anonimi: 10:55am On Mar 08, 2015
egift:
I-Will-Do-President-Jonathan grin grin grin grin

From an Amaechi who is busy doing slave, boy boy running errands and driving his slave masters around such that he has neglected his constitutional responsibilities to the people of Rivers state. Very funny indeed, make me sef follow you laugh grin grin grin grin grin

elbinmanny:

BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi

Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, has said the controversial monorail project he initiated would not be completed by his administration. He added that those expecting his government to execute more projects to have a rethink because, “we are looking for money now.”

The governor stated this yesterday in Port Harcourt, the state capital during a phone-in radio programme as part of his tour of media houses in the state.

APC = HYPOCRISY = APC

Only mumu people can follow such pathetic brood of LIARS!
Re: I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan by reborn1: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2015
He promise to do something in Rivers if re-elected, also to the Igbos and now the SW yet some fools said he is the best since slice bread. He just confirn to everyone that he is a failure.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Top 10 Most Powerful Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / How Government Can Curb Unemployment In Nigeria / President Buhari Visited By Rice Processors Association Of Nigeria's Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.