Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,259 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- (2256 Views)

1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online / Throwback Photo Of Buhari In Ogoniland In 1984 / I Taught they said this Man was brutal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
I thought they said he had economic magic

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by kelvine(m): 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
GEJ I know,GEJ I can endure, GEJ till 2019

6 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by temitemi1(m): 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
That's real buhari for you grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

7 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
I thought, I keep thoughting grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
Power was

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
More from that era

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
This is in response to this
https://www.nairaland.com/2184946/taught-said-man-brutal

More to follow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
I will rather vote for a brutal leader as my president that a slowpoke and clueless man who says stealing is not corruption

Sai Buhari o!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
anonimi, firefire, Whynotthetruth, Kenai

2 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
This is what I call madness.

OP sell your candidate to us and stop running mad after another candidate.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by briefness: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Too rampant corruption also requires desperate measures to curb. Some decisions may not have yielded the desired results but responsible leadership takes responsibility for all and not blame opposition.

Did you see the 4th but last paragraph which stated, "Buhari, 41, who had a reputation for honesty..." in your first post? winkThe foreign media was so assertive on this. It shows the decisions were not for self benefit. This is what we need now.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by anonimi: 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I will rather vote for a brutal leader as my president that a slowpoke and clueless man who says stealing is not corruption

Sai Buhari o!

Abacha did not steal
~ Buhari, 2008

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2184568_img20150306075348_png29270efb455e443e2c05d6cdd2ea6924

Good thing sey today na Sunday, we nor go waka too far to find deliverance people grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by alaoeri: 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
All the things that are stated in those newspapers are far better than what we are witnessing under the clueless one.
Corruption skyrocketing
Unemployment at it peak
Insecurity everywhere
Electricity nothing to show off despite spending billions
Dollar on the rise affecting business men
Impunity for those licking GEJ's a$$
Infact the worst democratic government in the history of this country is GEJ's regime.
Time to correct the calamity that has befall this country, March 28 loading.

2 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by omenka(m): 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
Why wouldn't I vote for someone who deploys troops to the market place to force traders to stop undue exploitation of the citizens of this country by unnecessarily hiking the prices of their wares?? Lmao.

This one even suppose be campaign point for my amiable General. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by Firefire(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
Buhari the coup plotter cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
omenka:
Why wouldn't I vote for someone who deploys troops to the market place to force traders to stop undue exploitation of the citizens of this country by unnecessarily hiking the prices of their wares?? Lmao.

You assume that people were selling at cut throat price, it is not true. People were forced to sell below cost price. In some cases people who locked up their shops to avoid selling at a loss had their shops broken into in their absence and their wares sold off at ridiculous prices below cost price. How can you defend this? Is that the way to lower prices? No wonder he said he will stabilize global oil price.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
alaoeri:
All the things that are stated in those newspapers are far better than what we are witnessing under the clueless one.
Corruption skyrocketing
Unemployment at it peak
Insecurity everywhere
Electricity nothing to show off despite spending billions
Dollar on the rise affecting business men
Impunity for those licking GEJ's a$$
Infact the worst democratic government in the history of this country is GEJ's regime.
Time to correct the calamity that has befall this country, March 28 loading.
You did not say what you said. Insincerity is one of the hallmarks of a progressive. Repent!

1 Like

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
briefness:
Too rampant corruption also requires desperate measures to curb. Some decisions may not have yielded the desired results but responsible leadership takes responsibility for all and not blame opposition.

Did you see the 4th but last paragraph which stated, "Buhari, 41, who had a reputation for honesty..." in your first post? winkThe foreign media was so assertive on this. It shows the decisions were not for self benefit. This is what we need now.
Honesty? Can an honest person say that Abacha is not corrupt? A person whose government was adjudged the most corrupt in 1997 and 3rd most corrupt in 1998? He served under that government and never condemned it. He is as honest as anini

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
Lalasticlala, Ishilove, front page please. There is something similar to this in front page

1 Like

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by thunderrider: 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
agabaI23:
You assume that people were selling at cut throat price, it is not true. People were forced to sell below cost price. In some cases people who locked up their shops to avoid selling at a loss had their shops broken into in their absence and their wares sold off at ridiculous prices below cost price. How can you defend this? Is that the way to lower prices? No wonder he said he will stabilize global oil price.

I will vote Buhari

If he can part ways with Tinubu Amaechi and co

Else GEJ till ....

1 Like

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
thunderrider:

I will vote Buhari

If he can part ways with Tinubu Amaechi and co

Else GEJ till ....
That is not possible. I won't even vote for him if they part ways because he has nothing to offer except the inordinate ambition to be the president and to seen as a righteous one which he is far from being.

2 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by anonimi: 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
omenka:

What do you think will happen after they sell their current stock at UNPROFITABLE prices thereby incurring huge loss?

Shey na dem teeth dem wan go take re-stock again

You cannot FORCEFULLY determine the price of something that you do NOT produce. Temporary scarcity is corrected through price mechanism of Supply vs Demand equilibrum. That is Economics 101.

Venezuela has that problem currently with basic things like toilet rolls not available in shops and their citizens abroad shipping such essentials to their relations still stuck in Chavez/Maduro's populist hell.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2015/03/08/391549844/venezuelas-maduro-sees-only-plots-as-his-economy-crumbles

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-06/monthly-salary-of-20-shows-why-venezuelans-wait-in-food-lines

Nigeria's condition after Buhari's DAFT economic gra gra was also just pure hell on all fronts. Thankfully he was chased away after two years.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2191699_bc5fu8aevkci_jpeg7fd60ed9cdeded70e187b8a2c1fd9480

Only senseless people who cannot think will follow such a brainless person.

God forbid that I join such a band of noisy perpetual losers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 8:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
anonimi:

What do you think will happen after they sell their current stock at UNPROFITABLE prices thereby incurring huge loss?

Shey na dem teeth dem wan go take re-stock again

You cannot FORCEFULLY determine the price of something that you do NOT produce. Temporary scarcity is corrected through price mechanism of Supply vs Demand equilibrum. That is Economics 101.

Venezuela has that problem currently with basic things like toilet rolls not available in shops and their citizens abroad shipping such essentials to their relations still stuck in Chavez/Maduro's populist hell.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2015/03/08/391549844/venezuelas-maduro-sees-only-plots-as-his-economy-crumbles

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-06/monthly-salary-of-20-shows-why-venezuelans-wait-in-food-lines

Nigeria's condition after Buhari's DAFT economic gra gra was also just pure hell on all fronts. Thankfully he was chased away after two years.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2191699_bc5fu8aevkci_jpeg7fd60ed9cdeded70e187b8a2c1fd9480

Only senseless people who cannot think will follow such a brainless person.

God forbid that I join such a band of noisy perpetual losers.
You dey mind this people

2 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by buskie13(m): 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
gej till 2019...no time... got my PVC on Tuesday

2 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by agabaI23(m): 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
buskie13:
gej till 2019...no time... got my PVC on Tuesday
Got mine tooo

2 Likes

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by nonykdj: 11:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
My friend jets out from Akanu
Ibiam International Airport Enugu via Ethioian Airlines to
Watshington D.C. He didn't have to come down to
Lagos.
Courtesy of GEJ
Igbos campaigning for Buhari shame on you.
To think that a village as backward as Yola had an
Internationally airport before classic Enugu.
To think that you have been neglected, dejected,
trampled on before this man came along, yet you call
him clueless for giving your a new breeze of life
To think that for the first time since 1970, you go to the
seat of power and hear people speak igbo not just
HAUSA. Yet you do not appreciate.
Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by 0ldirtybastard(m): 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

Sai Buhari o!

Your responses to some issues are sometimes ludicrously funny I always check on your profile to remind myself you're past 18. You look grown to me. What's really the matter?

1 Like

Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Your responses to some issues are sometimes ludicrously funny I always check on your profile to remind myself you're past 18. You look grown to me. What's really the matter?
Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 03, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

past 18 ke? I thought she claims 15.......
Feeling fresh on Internet hahahahahaha
Abeg APC internet rats sorry I mean cabal,,This old nwa teacher is still serious about the offer of Zara buhari's aide..I am not too greedy for the minister's aide you people are fighting for tongue tongue
Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by 0ldirtybastard(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2015
peppyluv02:
past 18 ke? I thought she claims 15.......
Feeling fresh on Internet hahahahahaha
Abeg APC internet rats sorry I mean cabal,,This old nwa teacher is still serious about the offer of Zara buhari's aide..I am not too greedy for ministerial aide you people are fighting for tongue tongue

Zara buhari's aide?
Re: I Thought They Said This Man Was Not Brutal? Newspaper Cuttings From 1984- by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 03, 2015
Yes na..... cheesy
Ahughim edemede gi,Kama edegaram gi ozo
Ututu Oma

0ldirtybastard:

Zara buhari's aide?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's First Mistake Endorses Corruption. / Biafra: Interesting Argument Between A Yoruba Man And Nnamdi Kanu / UK Investigators In Nigeria, Join EFCC To Probe Diezani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.