Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

18 YEARS AFTER BIGGIE - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 18 YEARS AFTER BIGGIE (601 Views)

Everyone Is Angry With Bally After He Did This To Debie Rise - Biggie Reacted! / Throback: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Pregnant At 18 Years / Lami Phillips: My Husband Is Still Toasting Me After 18 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 YEARS AFTER BIGGIE by ikorodureporta: 12:51am On Mar 09, 2015
Christopher George Latore Wallace (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997), better known by his stage names The Notorious B.I.G., Biggie or Biggie Smalls,was an American rapper.

Wallace was raised in the Brooklyn borough of New York City. When he released his debut album Ready to Die in 1994, he became a central figure in the East Coast hip hop scene and increased New York's visibility in the genre at a time when West Coast hip hop was dominant in the mainstream. The following year, Wallace led his childhood friends to chart success through his protégé group, Junior M.A.F.I.A. While recording his second album, Wallace was heavily involved in the growing East Coast/West Coast hip hop feud.

On March 9, 1997, Wallace was killed by an unknown assailant in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles. His double-disc set Life After Death, released 16 days later, rose to No. 1 on the U.S. album charts and was certified Diamond in 2000, one of the few hip hop albums to receive this certification. Wallace was noted for his "loose, easy flow",dark semi-autobiographical lyrics and storytelling abilities. Two more albums have been released since his death. He has certified sales of 17 million units in the United States////////WIKIIPEDIIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18 YEARS AFTER BIGGIE by nerodenero: 12:57am On Mar 09, 2015
History of rap isn't complete without mentioning Biggy and Tupac.The world of rap is yet to recover from their death.
Re: 18 YEARS AFTER BIGGIE by kestolove95(m): 1:11am On Mar 09, 2015
Gurls use to diss me now dey write love latrs cox dey miss me....eternal life eternal rest
Re: 18 YEARS AFTER BIGGIE by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 09, 2015
Respect for Biggie.
Re: 18 YEARS AFTER BIGGIE by badassProdigy(m): 1:28am On Mar 09, 2015
Respect Biggie Smalls
Re: 18 YEARS AFTER BIGGIE by Ossaifamous(m): 1:40am On Mar 09, 2015
Rap music is dying... we thought Kanye was gonna save but then he lost focus and started snatching moments from swift
Then white people are trying to get Ryan Lewis and maklemore to be the king of rap since Eminem doesn't feel white.......
Who will save the genre

(1) (Reply)

Adaeze Yobo Welcomes Another Baby Boy To Their Family. / Instead Of Spending Time Here Gossiping All DAY... / #thingsnollywoodtaughtme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.