Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Who Is God Jealous Of? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God Jealous Of? (11755 Views)

Where Is God? / A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
So truth relies on faith?...so how can one know what is true then if "truth" is subjective and can only be known by faith?
When did I mention truth relies on faith? I said faith is a response to truth. Faith in God to be precise. Truth is objective and relies on nothing and no one.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:

You need to pay more attention to atheist bash classes.

1 Corinthians 8:4-6 KJV

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

there you go!
even the schizophrenic author of 1st corinthians (a.k.a Paul) acknowledged the existence of other gods,
but to him and his deluded followers ,only but one.

put on your glasses Sir and read meaning out of that verse

...............edited,.......... for Joshthefirst's better understanding.

"for though there be many governors in the country, whether in the north, west, south or east, but to us (Lagosians) there is but one governor, Fashola..........................
now, does that make Fashola the only governor in the country??

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

He listened to his head not his heart.
He stop being dogmatic and use is brain to reason things out. That is good but the problem is that the brain can never comprehend God.

God is beyond our mental reason and being religious doesn't help either. The answer is in your heart, it has always been there.

God said "Be still and know that I am God".
Did you really imply that religious people do not use their brain or using your brain makes you an atheist?

Also, I really can't tell if you're being metaphoric or literal about the answer being in your heart.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
DProDG:

Did you really imply that religious people do not use their brain or using your brain makes you an atheist?

Also, I really can't tell if you're being metaphoric or literal about the answer being in your heart.
Using the brain is good and religious people use their brain. But the problem is using your brain to comprehend God. God is beyond what our little tiny brain could reason out. Atheist are those who try to know the existence of God with their brain. And as a result they reject the existence of God because their little brain can't comprehend Him.

But with our heart we know God exist. With our heart we are able to recognize the true God. And we find truth lying deep in our heart.

And when I say heart I mean our inner being.
Or let me put it this way: God is love and when it comes to love it is a things of the heart.
Just as we love with our heart so also we know God with our heart.
If you want to know whether you love someone or not you would search your heart. Also when you want to know if God exist you search your heart.

You can know things with your heart and you can be very sure they are the truth.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by johnydon22(m): 10:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
There is only one God.

Polymerizing the issue will not help. Pointing out different religious concepts will not invalidate truth.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:
You can know things with your heart and you can be very sure they are the truth.

In other words, feelings are more reliable than critical thinking?

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 11:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
Weah96:

OK, so two parties. The jealousy is directed at evil or Lucifer.
Jealousy is directed against evil and since Lucifer had unit himself with evil then he is going down with evil.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 11:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
DProDG:

In other words, feelings are more reliable than critical thinking?
We know what we feel and what we feel is real. But critical thinking is based on our acquired knowledge. And what every result you get from critical thinking may later change when you acquire a new and different knowledge.

So which is more reliable; something that is real or a guess work.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 11:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
frank317:

U wish
Hell candidate.

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:
We know what we feel and what we feel is real.
Apparently, so do Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, etc. I think you get my point.

But critical thinking is based on our acquired knowledge. And what every result you get from critical thinking may later change when you acquire a new and different knowledge.

So which is more reliable; something that is real subjective or a guess work verifiable?

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Predictably, he wips out the " you're going to rot in hell card".
This happens when a religiotard reaches the upper limits of cognitive dissonance.

Big laugh.
Yes "Big laugh"
This happens when an atheist try to claim he is not afraid of Hell.

But you know that's a lie.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 11:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
DProDG:

Apparently, so do Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, etc. I think you get my point.

I was talking about feeling not belief, what you mentioned are religious belief... not applicable here.

Why can't you verify that God does not exist?
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I was talking about feeling not belief, what you mentioned are religious belief... not applicable here.

Each believer from various religious have feelings that they picked the right God or that their system of worship is the only acceptable one. With that said, you really do not see anything wrong about making decisions based on feelings?

Why can't you verify that God does not exist?
An unfalsiable assertion should not be expected to be...unfalsified. I can equally ask you why you can't verify that the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist...
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 11:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
When did I mention truth relies on faith? I said faith is a response to truth. Faith in God to be precise. Truth is objective and relies on nothing and no one.

So Muslims are going to hell too, along with the atheists, wealthy people, and almost all Christians. That is, if your assessment is on point.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 12:04am On Mar 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Jealousy is directed against evil and since Lucifer had unit himself with evil then he is going down with evil.

Where was evil before the merger with Lucifer?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 6:37am On Mar 12, 2015
Weah96:

I don't know.
The Bible only tells us that evil was found in Lucifer.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 12, 2015
Weah96:

interesting question.
in fact, I stake $200 (or it's equivalent in naira) if he answers this question. grin
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 6:59am On Mar 12, 2015
DProDG:

Each believer from various religious have feelings that they picked the right God or that their system of worship is the only acceptable one. With that said, you really do not see anything wrong about making decisions based on feelings?
They didn't have feeling.
Here is what the Bible says concerning this:
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,... 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;" (Rom 1:21,22 & 28).

Those verses made mention of mind, knowledge, and darken heart. They try to reason God out the same way atheist reason God out but they came up with vain imaginations just as atheist came up silly conclusions. You are not different from them.

The problem with human is that they are not wise. They don't know when to make decisions base on feelings and when to make decisions base on reasoning. There is time for everything and wisdom is the ability to know when to apply certain things.
We use out heart to know the existence of God and reasoning have it own place.

DProDG:

An unfalsiable assertion should not be expected to be...unfalsified. I can equally ask you why you can't verify that the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist...
Now you agree the notion that there is no God is just a guess work. And science use guess work in areas it can't verify.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 7:56am On Mar 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

He listened to his head not his heart.
He stop being dogmatic and use is brain to reason things out. That is good but the problem is that the brain can never comprehend God.

God is beyond our mental reason and being religious doesn't help either. The answer is in your heart, it has always been there.

God said "Be still and know that I am God".

It has been an erroneous antiquated notion that people think or reason with their heart. This idea came from primitive ignorant men, including the writers of the Bible. The heart is useless in this case. All it mainly does is to pump blood. We think and reason with the brain, not with the heart. So we should know what we oughta be building our points on now.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:21am On Mar 12, 2015
Weah96:

So Muslims are going to hell too, along with the atheists, wealthy people, and almost all Christians. That is, if your assessment is on point.
You keep foolishly aligning humanity into different religious or irreligious groups. You actually think God is sidelined by a form of religion or a lack of religion. Smh. I want you to begin to reason now man. Don't you consider yourself a reasonable person? From your standpoint, if a true all-powerful God existed, what makes you think he will be limited to any individual's religious or irreligious affiliation? We will all stand before him and give account. He is too big to be classified. It is foolish to polymerize or classify God in a bid to justify an imaginary notion of unbelief. Enough said.

God only sees mostly two kinds of people: Men who have been justified and accepted salvation from sins that will take them to hell, and men who have rejected salvation in a bid for foolishness and love of wrongdoing. You do the math for where people in those groups will end up.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:24am On Mar 12, 2015
Pr0ton:

It has been an erroneous antiquated notion that people think or reason with their heart. This idea came from primitive ignorant men, including the writers of the Bible. The heart is useless in this case. All it mainly does is to pump blood. We think and reason with the brain, not with the heart. So we should know what we oughta be building our points on now.
I object. Some others opt to thinking and reasoning with their behinds in their bid to reject common self-evident truth, like atheists, who will begin a long descent of unreasonable faith and Id.iocy and denial in a bid to deny the existence of Deity.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 8:41am On Mar 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:
I object. Some others opt to thinking and reasoning with their behinds in their bid to reject common self-evident truth, like atheists,

What do you define as self-evident truth here? Shouldn't rational and reasonable actions be based on logical and reasonable thinking? Why delude yourself into believing what you know to be a lie?

who will begin a long descent of unreasonable faith and Id.iocy and denial in a bid to deny the existence of Deity.

Exactly. The existence of god is in the head of the believer. It takes faith to keep it alive. Think for a minute. Let's say the book called Bible was never compiled. Let's say you knew nothing about the Bible. Let's say there was never a Bible. You think you would be believing in an all-power, all-knowing creator today? You think you would have the idea of heaven and hell, son of God, baptism etc today? No.We were all atheists not untill we started reading books, just books that needed our faith

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 9:26am On Mar 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:
You keep foolishly aligning humanity into different religious or irreligious groups. You actually think God is sidelined by a form of religion or a lack of religion. Smh. I want you to begin to reason now man. Don't you consider yourself a reasonable person? From your standpoint, if a true all-powerful God existed, what makes you think he will be limited to any individual's religious or irreligious affiliation? We will all stand before him and give account. He is too big to be classified. It is foolish to polymerize or classify God in a bid to justify an imaginary notion of unbelief. Enough said.

God only sees mostly two kinds of people: Men who have been justified and accepted salvation from sins that will take them to hell, and men who have rejected salvation in a bid for foolishness and love of wrongdoing. You do the math for where people in those groups will end up.

If God isn't limited to religion, why are you still here talking about giving account in front of him? Why are you calling God a him? How do you know that there's only one God who doesn't have parents? Your entire comment reeks of a Christian bias brother. You have already defined God in your head, and your definition is clearly based on the bible. So defend your bible God, and quit pretending that you're worshiping an amorphous entity.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 9:28am On Mar 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I don't know.
The Bible only tells us that evil was found in Lucifer.

Who put the evil in Lucifer? Magic?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by TheFilmmaker: 9:46am On Mar 12, 2015
MrPresident:

interesting question.
in fact, I stake $200 (or it's equivalent in naira) if he answers this question. grin

Your posts are top notch bro. Keep the fire burning.

Do you by any chance have a BBM account?

Please add my pin:532879A4

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:49am On Mar 12, 2015
Weah96:

If God isn't limited to religion, why are you still here talking about giving account in front of him? Why are you calling God a him? How do you know that there's only one God who doesn't have parents? Your entire comment reeks of a Christian bias brother. You have already defined God in your head, and your definition is clearly based on the bible. So defend your bible God, and quit pretending that you're worshiping an amorphous entity.
How do I know? I dared to think about it. You do not. You even dismiss logical ideas as religious notions.

But yes. I do not worship an amorphous entity.(I told you to start reasoning). The creator of the universe cannot be amorphous in any way, as this universe itself could only come about by an act of volition. You haven't thought about this have you? Didn't think so. I daresay most of the guys bashing God here haven't dared think or reason in any way about matters such as this. You simply dismiss everything and any concept of deity as religious notion then go on to use the premise of religion to deny the existence of deity.

Foolishness.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:52am On Mar 12, 2015
Weah96:

Who put the evil in Lucifer? Magic?
Evil is not an entity. I seriously don't know where these guys come up with this nonsense. Evil is the nature of ones character, not an entity that can be uploaded or downloaded into a mainframe.

Its a shame people don't really think these days.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

They didn't have feeling.
Here is what the Bible says concerning this:
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,... 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;" (Rom 1:21,22 & 28).
Those verses made mention of mind, knowledge, and darken heart. They try to reason God out the same way atheist reason God out but they came up with vain imaginations just as atheist came up silly conclusions. You are not different from them.
Every religion is based on faith, ie, following your feelings. Hindu's, Buddhist etc do not follow empirical evidence nor are their beliefs any more rational than yours. How will you compare such with atheism? Did you really cite a verse from the Christian holy book to support Christianity? undecided

The problem with human is that they are not wise. They don't know when to make decisions base on feelings and when to make decisions base on reasoning. There is time for everything and wisdom is the ability to know when to apply certain things.
We use out heart to know the existence of God and reasoning have it own place.
Now you agree the notion that there is no God is just a guess work. And science use guess work in areas it can't verify.

Nope, I said it's unfalsifiable. I don't know how you understood that as guess work. And no, science never uses guess work. It only covers the materialistic so the concept of god does not fall within it.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by leon12(m): 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:
Evil is not an entity. I seriously don't know where these guys come up with this nonsense. Evil is the nature of ones character, not an entity that can be uploaded or downloaded into a mainframe.

Is this nature a default setting or learned character. If its the former, then somebody created a flawed being and the same time expect it to be flawless.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:
How do I know? I dared to think about it. You do not. You even dismiss logical ideas as religious notions.

But yes. I do not worship an amorphous entity.(I told you to start reasoning). The creator of the universe cannot be amorphous in any way, as this universe itself could only come about by an act of volition. You haven't thought about this have you? Didn't think so. I daresay most of the guys bashing God here haven't dared think or reason in any way about matters such as this. You simply dismiss everything and any concept of deity as religious notion then go on to use the premise of religion to deny the existence of deity.

Foolishness.

You must be new to the discussion, dude. I'm sick of rehashing the same old talking points. The word God means nothing unless it is defined. That discussion has been exhausted here.

God to me is the source of the universe. To you, it is the author of the bible. The Muslim says it wrote the Qur'an. Your God talks, mine doesn't. I have proof that my God doesn't talk to human beings, you have ZERO evidence that your God does.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:

Don't argue with me. It's your brothers that you need to convince. I know what evil is.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Joshthefirst:
I daresay most of the guys bashing God here haven't dared think or reason in any way about matters such as this. You simply dismiss everything and any concept of deity as religious notion then go on to use the premise of religion to deny the existence of deity.

Foolishness.

What? And after thinking about the wonders of the universe, the systematic order of the solar system, the complicated work of the DNA, the coperative order of blood transportation by the heart, the intrinsic way sperm cells find their way to the fallopial tube to fertilize egg cell, the protective work of the ozone layer, how the brain comprehend abstract matter, the wonders of memory, the disturbing current of the beach etc, and finding no creator wheresoever, no evidence whatsoever, no connection from it/him/she, and even the idea of its existence only come through my imagination and wonder, how would I unsubstantiatedly affirm that a creator exists without appearing freaky?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eating Meat On Good Friday! / 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery / Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing.... Let's Talk Philosophical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.