Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

If You Were The Visa Officer: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Were The Visa Officer: (730 Views)

Dv Lottery Winners Pls Advice: Is There A Secret For Winning The Visa Lottery / Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself / I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Were The Visa Officer: by travelcare: 11:15am On Jan 14, 2009
Getting visas or entry clearance or other tavel documents as the case may be, to most foreign countries especially the Europe and the Americas all depends absolutely on each country's Immigration Policies. If certain number of people would be allowed entry into the United Kingdom for a particular period, for instance, and the number of application received for that period exceeds the figure in place, what do you think would happen, given all things being equal that 90% of the total application are faultless and qualified for the travel documents?

I have said it in some posts I made in the past that foreing embassies around the gerographical location of Nigeria are only making money from the desperate Nigerians who are eager to travel abroad for greener pastures. It wouldnt cost them anything if they tell the potential applicants that visas wont be available for a specified period of time but they still go ahead and accept the application and then come out with excuses for refusing the application. It is nothing but a scam, a daylight robbery and an absolute stealing by trick '419'. The sluggish government of Nigeria has nothing to do about this. No wonder some people never want to return to Nigeria even when they can come back to renew their travel documents simply because of the fear of refusal.

Would you blame this foreigners for this? Ofcourse, civilization got us away from the hell of slavery, a time when oil was never discovered in Nigeria. Now, they have come back to get a share of our national cake by exploiting us of our hard-earned money telling us it is not refundable even when they already predetermined not to give out the visa.

Come to think of it ooo, if you were in the position of the visa officer, what would you do? would you issue out the visa you dont have?

Travelcare

(1) (Reply)

Us Dv Lottery / Daytona Beach Hotels / Needed Ungently:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.