Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? (140434 Views)

My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by dominicson: 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
thorpido:
@bolded.This is where you get it wrong.Jesus was not a Christian and could not be.
I know people get into all sorts of things and seek all kinds of knowledge and that is why we have mysticism,astrology etc.

However,a Christian indeed does not delve into all these.The bible discourages it

K

1 Like

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by mezebel(f): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
I love AMORC

2 Likes

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Precioussilas10: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
Tonason:

The advantages are that it will help you to get prepared for Hell fire and the punishment thereof, It makes you believe that you are the lord of yourself thereby not believing in the only true God, it will make believe that you are wiser than everyone else. .

The disadvantages are as follows: every Apple that Satan gives has worms inside. You will spend your eternity in hell fire. You will be required to do human sacrifice. You will live in regret toward your old age. You will never die a peaceful death.

So the choice is yours.
Thanks for your own contribution.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by pazienza(m): 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
dancok:
I agree with u brother,christainity is not satisfying me too,I know there is more to God than how our religion put it,but all the way nobody should join any sets,just free ur mind maybe after life we get to know.

True. Things would definitely get clearly after life,when we must have left this present physical dimension.

But i keep wondering the purpose of man on earth, there must be a reason why we were made to be bound in this physical dimension, there must be a reason,it can't all be for nothing. The christianity explanation of heaven and hell is too delusional,illogical and irrational, only the brainwashed( indoctrinated) cannot see that.

I have too many questions with no answers, but i am not willing to mortgage my spiritual independency in bid to get the answers i seek,only to end up with another tainted truth,and become a pawn in a game i can't control.
Becoming a member of any SECT,is a No No for me. From a distance, things are hardly what they are,when seen at close range,and at close range, your chance of escape is almost zero.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Precioussilas10: 11:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
pomsky:

[size=15pt]
......trust me, you don't want to be a part of that. My dad would laugh at me when i talked of Jesus.
My dad was a member but eventually received Jesus as Lord. To many evil and strange things happened that led to his seeking Jesus. Invisible beings would be swimming in our swimming pool, you would hear splashes in the water, see wet footsteps, but seen one. Our turkeys, were voluntarily committing suicide, strange beings would call the house phones and when you pick, you would hear demonic grunts and groans, serial episodes of vehicular accidents - onetime returning home from work, his vehicle he was driving veered off the road on its own into the bush summersalting 4 times and landed between 4 trees, you couldn't explain how it got there.
Anoda time, a big female deer ran into his car while driving that it died. You would think he hit an on-coming car headlong if you saw the impact on the car. You would sometimes hear strange voices at home.
Different troubles from every side.
It was Jesus that brought a stop to all the nonsense. I remember after he accepted Jesus as Lord, He that had fought me about reading the bible in his house would carry about 3 different translations studying them. I would go to bed at about 10pm hearing him pray in his room, only to wake about 2am and still hear him praying. He gave up his chieftaincy and would go door to door telling people about Jesus.
My friend, in a nutshell, you will see hell when you dine with hell![/size]
God bless you brother.I really needed something concrete and I got it.Thanks
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
pazienza:

True. Things would definitely get clearly after life,when we must have left this present physical dimension.

But i keep wondering the purpose of man on earth, there must be a reason why we were made to be bound in this physical dimension, there must be a reason,it can't all be for nothing. The christianity explanation of heaven and hell is too delusional,illogical and irrational, only the brainwashed( indoctrinated) cannot see that.

I have too many questions with no answers, but i am not willing to mortgage my spiritual independency in bid to get the answers i seek,only to end up with another tainted truth,and become a pawn in a game i can't control.
Becoming a member of any SECT,is a No No for me. From a distance, things are hardly what they are,when seen at close range,and at close range, your chance of escape is almost zero.
it just seems we think same way,I found it hard going to church like today I didn't go,because I found peace of mind not believing in any religion or sects,but only I believe in existence of God the creator.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
The advantages are that it will help you to get prepared for Hell fire and the punishment thereof, It makes you believe that you are the lord of yourself thereby not believing in the only true God, it will make believe that you are wiser than everyone else. .

The disadvantages are as follows: every Apple that Satan gives has worms inside. You will spend your eternity in hell fire. You will be required to do human sacrifice. You will live in regret toward your old age. You will never die a peaceful death.

So the choice is yours. by Tonason

Thanks you ANSWERED was CORRECT.
Let me add these: you will be wasting your time reading what only steal from you. dumbass
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 30, 2015
dominicson:

K

Please can you initiate me into your fraternity? Plzz
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by DeepSight(m): 9:27am On Mar 30, 2015
plaetton:

Since you brought your dad into this matter, mindly tell us about your dad and his personal attributes,his moral and ethical standards, etc.

Why should the bold matter?
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by plaetton: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2015
DeepSight:

Why should the bold matter?
Simple.

The poster was warning others by using his father as example, but failing to mention anything about his father that was deemed negative or evil.

Quoting Manly P Hello, " The pre-eminence of any philosophical system can be measured by the quality of its out put".

Morals and ethics are the standard measure of the quality of a person's mind.

As I am sure you are well aware, Rosicrucian philosophy, has, for ages, been molding and bequeathing to humankind, the finest minds that have greatly influenced and shaped civilization, most notably the freedoms and human dignity that we take so much for granted.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2015
Ask ANY question about AMORC via this thread and get it answered.

https://www.nairaland.com/2225497/ask-me-question-amorc-other
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2015
dominicson:

K

Please sir, be my godfather please, show me the way i beg of u sir
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by dominicson: 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2015
Wonderlands:

Please sir, be my godfather please, show me the way i beg of u sir

08145802864, Whatsapp
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by DeepSight(m): 10:52am On Mar 31, 2015
plaetton:

Simple.

The poster was warning others by using his father as example, but failing to mention anything about his father that was deemed negative or evil.

Quoting Manly P Hello, " The pre-eminence of any philosophical system can be measured by the quality of its out put".

What morals and ethics will you be referring to? Who determines them?

Are they not subjective?

If so, how can you or anyone else use them as - using your specific words above - a standard measure?

As I am sure you are well aware, Rosicrucian philosophy, has, for ages, been molding and bequeathing to humankind, the finest minds that have greatly influenced and shaped civilization, most notably the freedoms and human dignity that we take so much for granted.

Yes i am aware.
However what makes a mind fine and what measures dignity?
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by DeepSight(m): 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
@ Plaetton ^^^

. . . . . case closed on moral subjectivity, i guess.

"a standard measure" indeed.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by plaetton: 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
DeepSight:

@ Plaetton ^^^

. . . . . case closed on moral subjectivity, i guess.

"a standard measure" indeed.
No sir,
I was going to get back to you on that, but it seemed to slipped my mind due to other distractions.
I will address it later.

And Btw, there is a dearth of intellectually stimulating threads on this forum.
We need to share, discuss and debate vast fields of knowledge and ideas.

Like I always lament, religion cloggs too much space in the minds of our compatroits.
It is incumbent on people like you, in whatever small way, to make alternative worldviews available to those who may be seeking such, young people much like you were a decade or two ago.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Babacele: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
creepsyme:
" For it is a shame even to speak of those
things which are done of them in secret.
But all things that are reproved are made
manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth
make manifest is light" Eph 5:12 -13
oh thank the bible for saying ' reproved'. There is a difference between secrecy and evil . every secret acts may not be evil, and some evil acts may not be secret. Know the difference and show the wisdom in truth as a child of God.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Babacele: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
pomsky:

[size=15pt]
......trust me, you don't want to be a part of that. My dad would laugh at me when i talked of Jesus.
My dad was a member but eventually received Jesus as Lord. To many evil and strange things happened that led to his seeking Jesus. Invisible beings would be swimming in our swimming pool, you would hear splashes in the water, see wet footsteps, but seen one. Our turkeys, were voluntarily committing suicide, strange beings would call the house phones and when you pick, you would hear demonic grunts and groans, serial episodes of vehicular accidents - onetime returning home from work, his vehicle he was driving veered off the road on its own into the bush summersalting 4 times and landed between 4 trees, you couldn't explain how it got there.
Anoda time, a big female deer ran into his car while driving that it died. You would think he hit an on-coming car headlong if you saw the impact on the car. You would sometimes hear strange voices at home.
Different troubles from every side.
It was Jesus that brought a stop to all the nonsense. I remember after he accepted Jesus as Lord, He that had fought me about reading the bible in his house would carry about 3 different translations studying them. I would go to bed at about 10pm hearing him pray in his room, only to wake about 2am and still hear him praying. He gave up his chieftaincy and would go door to door telling people about Jesus.
My friend, in a nutshell, you will see hell when you dine with hell![/size]

you and your dad aint speaking the truth. ask your dad to tell you the name of the organization he joined . Most definitely not AMORC. when n where did he join? what year? what state? when did he leave? there are records.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Babacele: 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
mezebel:
I love AMORC
And I love you baby.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by DeepSight(m): 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
plaetton:

No sir,
I was going to get back to you on that, but it seemed to slipped my mind due to other distractions.
I will address it later.

When?

Although frankly I can't see how you can possibly refute what is in effect a wholesale concession of previously argued points. When you say that "morals and ethics are the standard measure for judging the quality of a man's mind," you make it abundantly clear that there is indeed a standard measure and no standard measure can possibly be spoken of if all morality is subjective as you and several other misguided gentlemen vociferously contended here last year.

And Btw, there is a dearth of intellectually stimulating threads on this forum.
We need to share, discuss and debate vast fields of knowledge and ideas.

Truly, I agree.
I must mention though, that glaring hypocrisy and insincerity - not to speak of outright hostility - from otherwise respected minds here is however a significant turn off.

Other than that, the last few months have been a whirlwind for me - far too busy and full of activity. Happily, it has been a richly profitable time. I feel there will be more space now for us to discuss subjects of interest again.

Like I always lament, religion cloggs too much space in the minds of our compatroits.

It does.

By the way, I spoke recently at a well attended public event where several important Muslim and Christian Leaders in Nigeria were present and I advanced forcefully my anti-religious position. I would like to encourage the e-atheist warriors here to do the same.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Babacele: 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
DeepSight:

What morals and ethics will you be referring to? Who determines them?

Are they not subjective?

If so, how can you or anyone else use them as - using your specific words above - a standard measure?

Yes i am aware.
However what makes a mind fine and what measures dignity?
What makes a mind fine is the degree of the wholesome ideals to which it subscribes and gives.
Using the Christianity evolution ,for example, Moses gave the Ten commandments and said God gave it to him . But Christ collapsed all the laws into just one with two prongs with love as the key to unlocking this law : namely the love of God and the love of our neighbour as ourselves.

For example, when the adulterous woman was caught ,John 8:1-11, the scribes and the Pharisees wanted to stone her to death according to the law of Moses. The man with whom she had committed d act wasn't even mentioned as was the culture- gender inequality. Christ Jesus knew Moses gave them such laws because it fits into their level of evolution( because of the hardiness of their hearts). Rather he tactically explained the original law and how sins come about , exposing the hypocrisy of everyone present as if they in their lives and hearts ain't worse off than the poor woman. Eventually none was pure enough to cast the stone. Love took over and the woman was given another opportunity to live anew while keeping sin at bay. That is a fine mind at work and that is the essence of AMORC teachings that has made the organisation timeless and most benefiting to mankind.

1 Like

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Babacele: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
plaetton:

Simple.

Funny , very superstitiously funny. The guy is just being economical with truth.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Babacele: 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
dancok:
it just seems we think same way,I found it hard going to church like today I didn't go,because I found peace of mind not believing in any religion or sects,but only I believe in existence of God the creator.
A true Rosicrucian must support a church or mosque. Maybe you folks are talking about another organisation.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by DeepSight(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
Babacele:
What makes a mind fine is the degree of the wholesome ideals to which it subscribes and gives.
Using the Christianity evolution ,for example, Moses gave the Ten commandments and said God gave it to him . But Christ collapsed all the laws into just one with two prongs with love as the key to unlocking this law : namely the love of God and the love of our neighbour as ourselves.

For example, when the adulterous woman was caught ,John 8:1-11, the scribes and the Pharisees wanted to stone her to death according to the law of Moses. The man with whom she had committed d act wasn't even mentioned as was the culture- gender inequality. Christ Jesus knew Moses gave them such laws because it fits into their level of evolution( because of the hardiness of their hearts). Rather he tactically explained the original law and how sins come about , exposing the hypocrisy of everyone present as if they in their lives and hearts ain't worse off than the poor woman. Eventually none was pure enough to cast the stone. Love took over and the woman was given another opportunity to live anew while keeping sin at bay. That is a fine mind at work and that is the essence of AMORC teachings that has made the organisation timeless and most benefiting to mankind.

Fair comments. However the reason I directed that question to that poster is because of his stance on moral subjectivity/ objectivity.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Babacele: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
DeepSight:

Fair comments. However the reason I directed that question to that poster is because of his stance on moral subjectivity/ objectivity.
OK sir.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by 4amorc(m): 11:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
[img][/img]There is always a phobic element in cults- that is, a deep fear programmed into their members. Members are afraid to criticize or investigate into a cult. This comes fairly early in the process. So beware!

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
4amorc:
[img][/img]There is always a phobic element in cults- that is, a deep fear programmed into their members. Members are afraid to criticize or investigate into a cult. This comes fairly early in the process. So beware!

I realised you are either Pierre Freeman or his agent. The truth is that Pierre Freeman is just one of those people who joined amorc so that he could make magical money or instantaneous wealth. Upon his affiliation, he realised such myths are not present in the order. Logically, he thought of other means to make money and capitalising on cheap popularity, he wrote a series of books with copyrighted materials of amorc. I'm glad that amorc has chosen to no bow to his idiocy and stupidity. If he was actually dedicated to deterring people from joining amorc, then why aren't his books free of charge? One has to pay for them. That is the business he is dealing on. Using people's curiousity and desires to make money through the propagation of myths and otherworldly theories. The ultimate karmic consequences of these will unfold in due time.

Know everything about AMORC here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2225497/ask-me-question-amorc-other/
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by Jimmyo3(m): 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
pazienza:

Google is your friend,u can as well google satan or devil's persnality to know the reason why mankind was created.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by omonnakoda: 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
Two: AMORC Unveiled
http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.prisonersanjosefreeman.2.htm
Before I begin the narrative of my own involvement with AMORC, it is necessary that I acquaint the reader with something of the history of the order. This history is somewhat obscured both by the passage of time but also because of the secrecy that surrounds certain aspects of this story.

The story of AMORC's origins should probably focus mainly on the activities of its founder, Harvey Spencer Lewis, who was born on November 25, 1883, in Frenchtown, New Jersey. Lewis was destined to bring his mastery of American commercial and promotional techniques, derived from his background in advertising, to the popular promotion of a secret esoteric order.

In order to understand the history of AMORC, it is probably valuable to look at one of its predecessors, the Order of the Golden Dawn. This society was formed in 1888, following the alleged acquisition and translation of a peculiarly intriguing document, composed in cipher (or code), by a Dr. William Wynn Westcott, a London coroner.

Before he found the manuscript, Westcott was already a Rosicrucian. In fact, he was the head of the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia, an English Rosicrucian order.

When Westcott decoded the document, he found it to be fragments of the rituals of a society called the Order of the Golden Dawn. He then approached an associate, Samuel Liddell Mathers (later known to the public as the controversial magician MacGregor Mathers), to expand the fragments into full-blown rituals.

According to the story, Westcott had found a name and address with the manuscript, that of a Fraulein Anna Sprengel. The fraulein was allegedly the head of a German occult group, Die Goldene Dammerung (The Golden Dawn). Westcott, according to the story, asked and received permission to form an English branch of the order.

The story of how Westcott allegedly found the cipher, translated the cipher, went to Mathers to extend the rituals, and got permission to form the order was well-known in the early part of the twentieth century. AMORC founder Harvey Lewis was five years old when the Order of the Golden Dawn was formed, and by the time he went on his search in Europe to authenticate AMORC, the Golden Dawn story was part of occult history.

Another side to this history of the Golden Dawn is that its origins are a matter of dispute among occult historians. In fact, many writers dispute part or all of the story. For instance, some claim that Anna Sprengel conveniently "died" shortly after the English order was formed and therefore could not be reached for verification of the story -- though this was mainly because, according to these scholars, she probably never existed at all.

Others say the Die Goldene Dammerung itself never existed or was actually a pseudonym for another order entirely. The Golden Dawn's origin, although fairly recent in recorded history, remains shrouded in mystery to this day.

It is instructive to compare the founding of the Order of the Golden Dawn and of AMORC. Like Lewis, Westcott and his order were Rosicrucian. In fact, the German order was also said to be Rosicrucian. Westcott's actions to create a new order were allegedly initiated by going to another order and forming a branch, getting permission from an older Rosicrucian order. This mirrors almost exactly the actions of H. Spencer Lewis some two decades later.

It is probable that Lewis did come to know the whole story eventually, although when he started out to develop AMORC, he may only have known certain fragments. In the beginning, he may not have fully understood the problematic characters of the initial contacts he made, people like Aleister Crowley, MacGregor Mathers, or Theodore Reuss.

Still, he knew, like Westcott, that finding or creating an "authentic" history of the order -- a pedigree, if you like -- was essential to establish legitimacy in the public sectors he wanted to reach. After all, the key to the appeal of the Rosicrucians since the Fama Fraternitatis and other seminal seventeenth-century documents, was that this was an organization that had special, secret information that may have been derived from very ancient times.

In its day, before it splintered into many fragments due to internal dissension, the Order of the Golden Dawn had received huge amounts of publicity and the allegiance of many famous celebrities. Despite this massive publicity, the Order of the Golden Dawn was not really an organization that targeted the masses or strove for mass appeal. It was essentially a highly secret occult society.

But, in hindsight, the Golden Dawn story did impact the public. This success may have lent confidence to Lewis as he moved to create strong PR machinery to establish AMORC's authenticity. Lewis knew, great publicist and entrepreneur that he was, that the lineage he needed for his order had to be as bulletproof as possible.

Whatever the real timetable, Lewis probably began as somewhat of a novice. At first, on his path to establishing authenticity for his new order, he encountered and was briefly involved with certain people like Aleister Crowley and Theodore Reuss. He soon found that his new contacts would not be very good shields against negative publicity. In fact, working with them was a liability that could defeat his entrepreneurial interests from the outset.

Harvey Lewis's publicity clearly eclipsed any former attempt to reach the masses, diving into the very heartland of America, as well as the rest of the world.

As a result, "authenticity" became a major key to AMORC's mass appeal, a feather in Lewis's cap of ingenious mass marketing. AMORC's alleged credentials "proved" that it was a virtually perennial spiritual organization whose origins lay in the ancient Egyptian mysteries. AMORC's advertising and its lessons soon suggested that the Rosicrucian order received its authorization to operate by a legitimate confederation of Rosicrucian organizations. This confederation was called FUDOSI, an acronym in French for Federation Universelle des Ordres et Societes Iniciatiques. In English this translates to the Universal Federation of Initiatic Orders and Societies. FUDOSI was represented by the titular heads of various Rosicrucian orders.

Scrutiny of this idea leads to the question: were all of these organizations branches of one monolithic order, or were they separate entities? As you will see, in its presentation, AMORC appears to represent itself as an authentic branch of a monolithic order that hearkens back to the Egyptian mysteries. This perennial order wielded a specific iconic cross demonstrating its authenticity, a golden cross with an enfolded flower blossom. The symbol represented the many incarnations of the adept necessary to reach the level of the rose-croix. The golden cross was the body, while the blossoming flower's petals represented the many incarnations needed to attain spiritual perfection.

FUDOSI, itself, no doubt, was an interesting experiment. According to Milko Bogaard, in an article called "FUDOSI," [1] written for something called the Forum and posted on November 2000, the organization was founded in 1934 "to protect the sacred liturgies, rites, and doctrines of the traditional initiatory orders from being appropriated and profaned by clandestine organizations" (FUDOSI Journal, Nov. 1946) and was dissolved in 1951 under what, according to Bogaard, appears to be a rather unfortunate dispute.

FUDOSI, therefore, was allegedly formed by a confederation of genuine esoteric orders. Its function would be to police the entire world of initiatic organizations. In this manner, it would protect the body of humanity from false prophets and deceiving initiates who would seek to fleece those among the gullible public drawn to this type of scam. These types of scams, undoubtedly, preyed on innocent men and women who had an honest thirst for truth and meaning in their lives.

FUDOSI would eventually be used to help resolve Lewis's search for a pedigree for his organization. But even before it began, Lewis was trying to legitimize his organization. His first attempts revolved around negotiations with Theodore Reuss, a man who became the spiritual head of the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO). The OTO was pioneered by Aleister Crowley, the notorious English black magician. Dubbed "The Great Beast" by the press, Crowley had become anathema to the English Order of the Golden Dawn.

Reuss was approached by Lewis, who had become aware of credentials Reuss had supplied to McBlain Thomson, the organizer of several American lodges. At one point, Lewis became nervous about Reuss for various reasons, including the participation of Crowley. Somewhat later, Reuss made a special point of letting Lewis know that he had kicked Crowley out of the OTC.

However, despite this, Lewis decided he was through with Reuss and refused to attend the "Universal Brotherhood Gathering." This international event involved Reuss and was organized by the Fratres Rosae Crucis at Ettal in Bavaria. Lewis's refusal caused a great deal of consternation for Reuss, who wished to understand why he had rejected Reuss's offer of friendship and fraternal brotherhood.

Reuss had a friend, Arnoldo Krumm-Heller, who, in 1935,had his own story to tell about the consequences of Lewis's rejection of Reuss. Krumm-Heller is quoted in an article by P. R. Koenig on the relationship between Harvey Spencer Lewis, Theodore Reuss, Aleister Crowley, and Heinrich Tranker. Writing in his own Rosicrucian magazine, Krumm-Heller says:

Nowadays in all Spencer Lewis's publications -- which I cannot deny have certain merits -- one can see, to speak bluntly, that a good deal is owed to my master, Supreme Magus Peregrinus. His faith in AMORC sustained him in his last years, when I knew him in Germany; AMORC had led him to believe that he would receive five dollars a month from their activities in Spain, since he was starving to death. And no, I am not speaking figuratively: sadly Reuss really was dying of hunger, and the disciple who owed him everything never even bothered to send him a single dollar. Reuss himself told me this on one occasion, weeping bitterly. [2]

It is clear in looking at these strange maneuverings by Lewis, his changing alliances, his entanglement in this strange world of lodges and temples, that the total truth of the origins of AMORC is not and may never be transparent. In truth, any source I cite here may be tainted by various competitive fraternal or occult allegiances. So the story I am telling now indicates most clearly the complexity of what happened and the difficulty of reporting anything objectively in the highly secretive world of esoteric lodges and orders, each having its own special claim to the truth.

Different parties, intrigued by the machinations of initiatic orders of the era, ponder whether the central symbol of AMORC, the lamen, was taken from the OTO or from another more ancient order, whether certain teachings of AMORC were plagiarized or somehow co-opted, and whether certain documents bear Lewis's signature or not. All these arguments rely heavily on Lewis's apparent intent to obtain credibility for his American Rosicrucian venture.

Perhaps the truth will never be known, but someone researching this material will clearly wonder if the cart weren't being put before the horse. Doesn't this struggle of Lewis seem more like a struggle for some kind of commercial approbation of his order by a socially acceptable institution than a personal struggle to appropriate, re-assemble, and propagate whatever valuable truths there might be for struggling humanity?

It's almost like a person more concerned with getting the benefits of a college degree than mastering a certain type of knowledge. But then again, from my point of view, maybe Lewis was more concerned for the appearance of continuity to satisfy a certain commercial objective than with providing an authentic lineage with the Visible and Invisible Masters of the Universe and their sacred mysteries.

Gary Stewart was the imperator chosen by Ralph Lewis as his successor. Owing to a serious internal dispute, which led to litigation, AMORC reorganized, and Gary Stewart formed a separate organization called the Confraternity of the Rose Cross.

Here's what the original third imperator of AMORC has to say about the group's claims to exclusive authenticity, much of which is based on the organization called FUDOSI, which will be discussed in the third chapter:

I think it is a very noble and honorable idea for a group of organizations to come together for the express purpose of quality control in the fields of esotericism, occultism, and mysticism. However, and I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but I don't think this has ever really been done before. Anytime a group comes together with a stated purpose to protect and promote "authentic" traditions, two things become glaringly apparent to me. First, that there is an assumption that the interested parties are authentic traditions. Whereas their goal would be to examine prospective traditions, not already in their group, and to make an assessment of their findings upon that groups "legitimacy," there was no control in place to measure the founding order's legitimacy. That authenticity was assumed by virtue of founding the overseeing organization. Secondly, it becomes apparent that such an organization must necessarily become exclusive in its nature, which, in my opinion, is fundamentally contrary to the traditional work that we do. By exclusive I do not mean protective of our traditions, which is very important, but rather, closed, and judgmental of another based upon a preconceived and self-serving notion. Unfortunately, it is my opinion, based upon many years of research including discussion with several involved parties that I have come to the opinion that the FUDOSI fell under the latter category. Needless to say, AMORC, and H. Spencer Lewis, was part of the founding structure of the FUDOSI and it is arguably the case that AMORC was the motivator behind its formation for the purposes of:

1. Establishing a dominance in North America and elsewhere for the Rosicrucian work and,

2. An attempt to resolve the Clymer dispute and the many other lawsuits that AMORC was involved in from 1918 until 1939.

The effects of the FUDOSI are many, and there certainly remains a lot of interest in that organization, especially when it comes to the "authentification" issue. What many people don't realize is that there were constant internal disputes between FUDOSI members that culminated in its dissolution in 1951.

Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by omonnakoda: 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
Be that as it may, I don't think the Rosicrucian tradition, or any esoteric tradition for that matter, needs authenticating in the way that has been suggested. Once again, measure the worth of an order by its deeds and trust in the epistemology of the esoteric way, and its methods to express its story and lineage over the production of charters and founding documents. The subject deals with two completely different worlds. Why compromise one for the other?" [3]

The Mastery of Life is the most famous and public document that AMORC uses to publicly promote its purposes and the advantages of membership. It describes itself as a "philosophical and initiatic tradition," whose members study various esoteric topics in their homes and progress from one degree or level to another. It lists the subjects like "the nature of the soul, developing intuition, classical Greek philosophy/ energy centers in the body, and self-healing techniques."

A curious poem called the "LAW" precedes the rest of the document. It states, "You are your own devil, you are your own God." According to this message, no one can save him or herself "from error or sin" unless they will listen to the spirit within themselves.

THIS IS THE PLACE OF PURE BEING
THAT INNER PLACE WHERE YOU DWELL
YOU JUST BE. THERE IS NOTHING TO BE
DONE IN THAT PLACE. FROM THAT PLACE
THEN, IT ALL HAPPENS. IT MANIFESTS IN
PERFECT HARMONY WITH THE UNIVERSE.
BECAUSE YOU ARE THE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE
YOU ARE THE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE!
THIS IS WHAT MAN'S JOURNEY
INTO CONSCIOUSNESS IS ALL ABOUT
THIS IS OM (HOME)
IT'S GOING OM
THIS IS THE PLACE!
BECOMING ONE WITH GOD RETURNING
IT'S THE RETURN TO THE ROOTS
THAT THE TAO TALKS ABOUT
IT IS
THE STILLNESS THE CALMNESS THE FULFILLMENT
WHEN YOU MAKE LOVE AND EXPERIENCE
THE ECSTACY OF UNITY
THAT'S THE PLACE!
WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT,
AND YOU FEEL A MOMENT OF EXHILARATION,
THAT'S THE PLACE!
WHEN YOU SEE A MOMENT OF POETRY IN A FLOWER
OR IN WORDS OR IN ART THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ...
THIS IS THE PLACE!
RIGHT HERE!
IT'S BUDDHA CONSCIOUSNESS
IT'S CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS
JESUS SAYS:
I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE
WHEN BUDDHA SAYS:
YOU GIVE UP ATTACHMENT AND
YOU FINISH WITH THE ILLUSION
THIS IS THE PLACE!

-- Be Here Now, by Ram Dass

The Mastery of Life purports that unlike most groups, seminars, and books, the Rosicrucian method of development is comprehensive. The Rosicrucian teachings do not focus on just one element but on all-important components in human life, allowing for progression on a metaphysical path in a completely balanced way. By interconnecting all the realms -- the physical, the mental, the psychic, the spiritual, the emotional -- the teachings allegedly provide a unique and comprehensive understanding of all the key subjects of metaphysical study.

According to The Mastery of Life, AMORC is "perhaps the only system that does this." And by virtue of this advantage of depth of study, AMORC will lead the student to "true prosperity and peace of mind."

How Is this Accomplished?

The key to this supreme metaphysical approach is through providing the student, by mail, with weekly study lessons that will lead the student, step-by-step, to self-mastery. Self-mastery is defined as "learning how to chart your own course through life," making the right decisions, seeing current circumstances as opportunities for positive change, taking charge of one's own life, and helping those around you to "achieve a happier and a healthier existence."

AMORC'S teachings, presented in small pamphlets called monographs, are generally sent out monthly in bundles of four. The lessons are supposedly the results of many great minds cooperating over the centuries. AMORC defines itself as a "school for practical mysticism."

Does this mean that it will provide a substitute for religion? Absolutely not, the pamphlet Self-Mastery proclaims. In fact, joining AMORC does not require any change in your church or your religious beliefs. Anyone from any kind of religious background can be a Rosicrucian. Yet, by studying the Rosicrucian path, people will come to appreciate the mystical teachings of all religions.

According to AMORC, its teachings embody both metaphysical and mystical components. The order defines metaphysics as a scope of activity that transcends the five senses, citing healing, visualization, and intuition as examples. It defines mysticism as "the direct, conscious union with the Absolute, Divine Mind, Universal Intelligence, or what some Rosicrucian students call the God of their Hearts."

We are reminded that there is no credo to be believed blindly, no demand for acceptance of anything without experience. The Rosicrucian order simply provides the tools. Your experience and reflection will do everything else.

According to its official website, www.rosicrucian.org [4], AMORC is a nonprofit charitable organization, falling under the IRS section 501(c)(3).It is supported by a combination of dues and donations from its students, with additional funds (beyond expenses) going to support its programs, projects consistent with its humanitarian goals.

AMORC makes certain claims about its self-study program. It offers "specific techniques to reduce stress and speed up your body's natural healing processes." It promises to teach students "how to bring into physical manifestation the life you've dreamed of, whether it's happiness and peace, or success in your business." Besides promising to teach students "relaxation and meditation" techniques, it specifically states that it will teach "how to use visualization as a tool to achieve your goals."

On an emotional level, it offers a "greater sense of confidence and inner peace," buoyed by the sure knowledge of how to tap into your inner wisdom. Natural abilities are further enhanced by the development of the "psychic sense, a natural faculty which is dormant in most people and only needs to be developed."

On the spiritual level, it promises a growing awareness of the members' oneness with the universe and all creation. It offers a profound rescue from the darkness of life that surrounds most human beings, who are separate from life's magical flow all around them.

The Mastery of Life is the major recruiting tool for AMORC, and part of its function is to describe the benefits the group will provide to prospective members.

As mentioned, the major tool it provides is a "packet of weekly lessons, called monographs." These monographs are six to eight pages each, requiring "about one and a half hours once a week to study that week's lesson and perform any exercise or experiment given." The rest of the week is for reflection on the exercise and also to repeat the exercises.

AMORC reminds the prospective student that the actual exercises and techniques are at the heart of the learning process and that it is not sufficient simply to read the monographs. It compares a purely theoretical approach -- that is, reading the monographs without doing the exercises -- to reading a book on playing the piano but never practicing. So without practice, there can be no mastery of life.

For the purpose of understanding my book, it is necessary to understand what claims are made by AMORC and how the monographs supposedly serve to fulfill those claims. In one sense, The Mastery of Life is a set of specific claims made about the benefits offered to prospective members who join the order.

AMORC is basically structured like a fraternal organization, like the Freemasons, the Elks, the Kiwanis Club, or even like some school fraternities. The structure of these organizations is often derived from ancient trade fraternities, whose members were carpenters or stonemasons, or from secret religious organizations like the Knights Templar or older Masonic lodges, which clearly had some kind of mystical foundation for their teachings. Sometimes, as with the stonemasons who built the Gothic cathedrals, perhaps the trade and secret esoteric functions overlapped.

AMORC has initiations and degrees, most of which can be carried out in actual lodges, but unlike most other fraternal organizations, initiations can also be carried out at home. Participation in the lodge is purely optional.

In the monographs, three introductory sections are described: the postulant, the neophyte, and the initiate sections. Beyond that is an illumination section, whose contents are kept secret, even from members enrolled in the first three sections.

AMORC lets us know that the section titled Temple Degrees of the Initiate deals individually with topics like the aura and the projection of the psychic or astral body; ancient philosophies, psychic, and physical health. These twelve degrees take about five years to master, followed by other lessons. We are told that this is a very balanced, structured program leading to proper inner development for the member.

Why Are the Degrees Structured this Way?

According to allegedly ancient traditions, the beginning students are called neophytes, and their first steps are into the atrium, the "reception chamber of the temple." Thus, there are three introductory lessons, followed by three sections of monographs called the Atrium Lessons. A further series of lessons for initiates is called the Temple Lessons. Following the ninth Temple degree, there is continuing education in the AMORC community.

According to AMORC, its initiations are part of an ancient tradition, dating back to ancient Egypt, commemorating important moments on its members walk on a mystical path towards Divine Unity.

Each degree is preceded by a specific initiation ceremony that can be accomplished at home as well as in the lodges run by the order. Like most esoteric, fraternal orders, the idea is that these ceremonies embody important, even cosmic, truths. The theatrical element in the lodges, involving costumes, sacred objects, music, and special lighting, are like the ancient mystery dramas. In fact, it is well-known that much of ancient Greek theater, including comedies as well as tragedies, was developed by the Eleusinian mysteries, a type of mystery school, which was the focus of the Greek religion.

The Eleusinian mysteries were an offshoot of the Egyptian mysteries. So the fact that such ceremonies existed for thousands of years is well accepted by historians.

But, according to The Mastery of Life brochure, the term mystery once had a different connotation than today. The term mystery was defined as gnosis, meaning knowing. This term, used by the early Christians -- specifically those known as Gnostics -- seems to point to a unique state of consciousness, which certain groups (like the followers of Marcion and Valentinius) claimed was the original criteria for development as a Christian, going beyond the formal, external baptisms of other groups in early Christianity.

AMORC, referring to its own rituals of initiation, says, "the mystical aspect of initiation arouses your psychic and emotional response concerning the subjects you are about to study and produces an awareness, a state of consciousness which could otherwise not be achieved."

This is an important claim. It is in two parts:

1) The initiation produces a psychic and emotional response regarding the subjects "you are about to study."

2) It produces "an awareness, a state of consciousness which otherwise could not be achieved."

In the second part of its claim, AMORC states that you need the initiation to produce a certain state of consciousness. This state of consciousness could not be achieved in any other way.

Furthermore, an initiation, according to AMORC, must:

1) Encourage you to look within.

2) Create a feeling of idealism and aspiration within you.

3) Extract from you a sacred promise that you will try to fulfill your obligations.

AMORC's purposes for initiation are the same as traditional initiations, despite the fact that they can be carried out at home. According to AMORC, the real purpose of initiation is "illumination of consciousness." This illumination will only come to seekers when they are ready to work "on the inner plane." External ceremony is incidental to the inner purpose, even to those seekers who "traveled thousands of miles to reach ancient temples."

According to The Mastery of Life, there are different types of local Rosicrucian groups: lodges, pronaos, atrium group. Here lectures, seminars, and ceremonies take place. No member is forced to attend these meetings, and most members probably do not.

After attending three consecutive meetings without charge, members can join. There is an extra membership fee. Sometimes, there are meetings that are open to the public.

Rosicrucians are given a variety of reading material, including the quarterly Rosicrucian Digest, the official magazine of AMORC; the Rosicrucian Forum, a supplemental teaching publication distributed only to Rosicrucian students; the Rose+Cross Journal, an international online publication focusing on cross-discipline matters of interest. There is also an English Great Lodge Bulletin, which focuses on international and national events of interest to Rosicrucians.

Another feature of the Rosicrucian community is the Council of Solace, a group dedicated to helping those who are challenged with their financial situation, emotional crises, health problems, or other issues. Aid is available for those who request it.

As you will see, The Mastery of Life's presentation of AMORC's teachings and goals does not accurately depict my twenty-four years' experience of its teachings.
Re: What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? by omonnakoda: 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
osazeet:
knowledge is the essence of this Aquarian age, Astrological symbol of water pouring out from a jar for those thirsty for knowledge, hence information/ technology era.

The last age was Piscean age, symbolism of two fishes in the zodiac sign, hence Jesus made his disciples fishers of men, fed multitudes with 2 fishes and five loafs bread.

The Piscean age was the era of discovery of new lands across oceans.
You need to know more about yourself today esoterically.
Think out of the box .
we have a whatsapp group called esoteric free thinkers
Here you will learn a lot with an open mind.
KNOW THYSELF.
join us today to broaden your horizon
Is there any alternative to joining you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

☆☆☆Lets Read This Book. The People Vs Mohammed☆☆☆ / Apostle Johnson Suleman Of Omega Fire Ministries Is A Spiritualist / Tithes And Offerings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.