Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... (1416 Views)

5 Ways To Protect Your Mobile Phone From Damage / 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone / 7 Ways To Protect Your Phone From Been Hacked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by Judeoxide(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2015
As a software engineer, I found this very helpful as it has helped me recover many android phones...

Rooting your phone also can help get better access to some set up

Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by Judeoxide(m): 10:31am On Mar 10, 2015
I hope it helps
Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by henribj(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2015
Judeoxide:
I hope it helps

all these only works if the thief is a "learner". if it is a smart crook, the first thing he does is switch off the phone to avoid it being tracked, and then flash/format the phone so as to get rid of any trackers etc.
but at least its better to do what the OP has mentioned in his post, than doing nothing at all. you might be lucky and the thief who steals your phone will be a "learner"
Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by Judeoxide(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
You have said it all sha..remember some thieves are still learners and will do only factory reset..when they sell or put any sim..it sends a msg to your other sim and you can trace it depending on the antivirus u are using ... Avast will hardly go off if you root the phone and activate the anti theft...at least its beter than nothing......true caller can help you trace the name too..almost all the sim in naija is registered to one social network or the other...

Also true dialer helps you identify the number even before you actually dial it
Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by henribj(m): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
Judeoxide:
You have said it all sha..remember some thieves are still learners and will do only factory reset..when they sell or put any sim..it sends a msg to your other sim and you can trace it depending on the antivirus u are using ... Avast will hardly go off if you root the phone and activate the anti theft...at least its beter than nothing......true caller can help you trace the name too..almost all the sim in naija is registered to one social network or the other...

Also true dialer helps you identify the number even before you actually dial it

hmm i was not aware that rooting an anti virus to a phone makes it impossible for the anti virus to be deleted even if the phone is flashed/formatted
Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by Judeoxide(m): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
henribj:

hmm i was not aware that rooting an anti virus to a phone makes it impossible for the anti virus to be deleted even if the phone is flashed/formatted
sorry not rooting it into the phone..it more like rooting the phone and then using avast after updating..activate the anti theft... But it will delete if flashed...but wont if formated...
Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by henribj(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
Judeoxide:
sorry not rooting it into the phone..it more like rooting the phone and then using avast after updating..activate the anti theft... But it will delete if flashed...but wont if formated...

oh okay, now i get it. thiefs dont restore the phone to factory settings, they take it to computer guys and have it flashed completely. but all in all sha, "learners" still dey.

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by Judeoxide(m): 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
henribj:

oh okay, now i get it. thiefs dont restore the phone to factory settings, they take it to computer guys and have it flashed completely. but all in all sha, "learners" still dey.
so many ppl mistake flashing with formating..trust me..I do this job, no dude will come and and say guy flash this phone for me cos I steal am...instead day will say..flash this phone for me..and what most of us do is just factory set it and that is all...cos around here to completely flash android is 1k to 1.5k..and this niggas will not pay such unless its critical os issue...all in all if you are sharp and with some luck you might recover or catch the thief... Especially if he or she is a close friend ... Most of them are
Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by henribj(m): 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
Judeoxide:
so many ppl mistake flashing with formating..trust me..I do this job, no dude will come and and say guy flash this phone for me cos I steal am...instead day will say..flash this phone for me..and what most of us do is just factory set it and that is all...cos around here to completely flash android is 1k to 1.5k..and this niggas will not pay such unless its critical os issue...all in all if you are sharp and with some luck you might recover or catch the thief... Especially if he or she is a close friend ... Most of them are

hmm interesting, person wey sabi person na e dey kill am
Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by Judeoxide(m): 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
Exactly
Re: How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft.... by Emerson101: 7:57am On Jun 01, 2015
Are you in Abuja mararaba karu nyanya etc and u want to learn phone software engineering or u want all kinds of phone cracked softwares for flashing rooting imel generator name it or u want to flash ur phone android phones black berry z10 q10 all black berry phone's Nokia iPhone flashing and unlocking etc.partten unlocking of every phone imel code changing.unbricking ur phone's etc even android HD games psp android games ps2 games music and video transfer just don't waste any more time call engineer samuel on 07035235702 or 08115561135 or add me on whatsapp with my mtn line just don't waste any more time call me now

(1) (Reply)

Between Samsung S6 Edge & Iphone 6 / Airtel Opera Mini Bundle Not Connecting With Facebook / Please I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.