Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center (53374 Views)

Soldiers Capture Boko Haram Gun Truck In Goneri Town / Marylin Ogar Redeployed To Borno Command Center / Nigerian Soldiers Capture And Destroy 10 Boko Haram Camps In Sambisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Please do list these "several Nigerian territories". We're waiting.

The Chadians have only liberated Gamboru Ngala and Dikwa. While at this they've had their staging area at the rear in Fotokol, Cameroun, raided by Boko Haram, and have halted they advances as they've been warned by the Nigerian military to turn back.

You just answered the question yourself grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

Continue deceiving people who don't follow the news, the picture you are showing looks like even the Cameroonian BIU but I dont want to spoil your fun.
My grouse is this, I saw when the 500 Chadian troops arrived, in less than 2wks, they captured two towns, they were not even wearing bulletproof vests most of them, (guess their government can not even afford so much). their casualty figures is far less their Nigerian counterparts. Chad said they have just 2 planes that are operational, yet we have so many with no results, thanks to corruption that has blinded most of you. The Nigerian presidential fleet alone is 11planes and you are talking nonsense!
So far, they capture strategic interests of Boko haram, while their Nigerian counterparts capture market places and road blocks, If you can not show us in the news where Chad captured and recaptured a town then shut the fvck up.
Tomorrow when they capture Shekau, you will say they dont deserve the honour, continue playing.

Wow!! They captured 2 towns in less than 2 weeks?! Wow!! Far "better" than the Nigerian Army that captured 16+ towns within same period undecided . And why won't they casualty figure be much less when they just joined the fight 2 weeks ago compared to the Nigerian military that has born the brunt of most, if not all, of the major attacks for years? And please do tell how "strategic" Gamboru Ngala and Dikwa is (other than them being border towns). The same Chadians that left their rear exposed at Fotokol? And glad to see their airforce is working. But you do know that it was the Nigerian Airforce that flew the combat sorties during the offensive in Gamboru, right? No? Of course you don't, but still spew trash here even though all your posts reeks of stark ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

You just answered the question yourself grin grin grin grin grin

You said they liberated "several" towns. I've named 2, now list the rest. We earnestly wait you response. If you can't, then shut the Bleep up.

2 Likes

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
rabzy:

When a kidnapping is done, you dont stay close to where the kidnapping was done. Many of the men and women kidnapped in Nigeria has also been taken to bases outside of Nigeria to be trained, married and sold as the case may be. Did you not read the report of some towns in Niger and Chad, where BH have thriving communities, they steal cattles and take them to the town, employ people to take care of the cattles, sink boreholes for the community and recruit soldiers. These guys respect no borders and have no rules, they will take whatever they get. Long before now the NA has been saying many of the BH soldiers they captured were from Chad and Niger.

And Nigeria has been telling these countries to take action against BH that have been fleeing into their country and subsequently using it as a base to launch attacks from different axis across the border. Chadian soldiers chasing BH into Gamboru is not a big deal to me, the town practically sits astride the border, am sure many soldiers or even citizens dont know where Nigeria ends and Cameroon begins. its not as if there is a natural barrier that delineates anywhere there. if am chasing a bunch of cut-throat bastards that have just ravaged my village, and they ran from one part of town to the other, a line in the sand (which does not even exist) will not stop me from routing them as long as they are still in sight. These incursions are not more than 10-20 km, how many minutes does it take a hilux jeep to gulp such distance.

BH have been having free movement in and out of these countries and attacking across the borders from a wide expanse. Now our neighbors has seen that it is not just a Nigerian problem. Last year the wife of the camerounian VP was kidnapped and several french citizens. Ransom was paid to release them. BH got millions of dollars, about the same time the Chadian president arrange a false truce with when BH was been pounded by the NA, the fighting lulled and it gave BH time to re-group and strategize plus the money they got, they were able to come back stronger and better. So there is no way the NA army would win this battle decisively if our Neighbors don't see it also intheir interest to join the fight. Its like saying the US will win the narcotics war without mexico.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Living in denial as usual, typical Nigerian who is so lazy to dissect the facts and fix culpability where it belongs;

Nigerian army last success; Sierra Leone 1997.

Operation pulo Shield Niger delta: Failure!!
Mali intervention: Failure!!
Operation flush (boko Haram): Failure!!

When they start winning, I will polish my trumpet. this is the moment of truth, because of this incompetence, good soldiers have died, civilians to the tune of 13,000 wasted. I cannot be fooled by the pettiness of people piloting the affairs of this nation.
Most of you decieved yourselves that the Nigerian army has the best infantry in the world, yet some are now saying they have not mastered desert war fare grin grin grin, is the desert on air?

I asked a soldier where they got the award from, he said they trekked from Liberia to Sierra leone, the award was based on endurance and size of troops, I quickly asked him if he hasn't heard of military transport before? grin grin grin

Country where majority lack common sense is bound to fail, I cannot be surprised at our political and military failures.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by Reaper231(m): 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

Which weapons are the Chadians using for their victories so far? it is not about Jersey, it is about morale!! most Chadian soldiers cannot even afford Bulletproof vests and you are talking. I pity most of you.

Bros I'm happy yu pity some of us and I also appreciate ur point. I agree wit yu that soldiers shld know they can be called to lay their lives as any time FOR A CAUSE but not to commit suicide(attempted suicide is still an offence tho). I agree our soldiers had low morale and it was as a result of certain factors which is why I said we hv our lapses and we fixing. We were here when same country withdrew its troops frm Baga and a week later Boho haram hit d MNJTF. Suddenly they are "back to the rescue". However, since we are carrying out a comparative analysis here I'm of the opinion yu give d chadian soldiers 60 bullets each and let them go to war with their high morale.
Nig troops have had their glory days and we r jst going thru a faze as d boko ish has been politicised.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by honeyseller291(m): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
We are winning the battle..and GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

GEJ's siblings? I understand the mistrust for the current administration. What I don't get is the fact that your hatred for GEJ has so blinded you that you're now spewing garbage on the thread. Btw, no one is "hating" on the Chadians. Far from it. And yes they fought gallantly at Gamboru Ngala and Dikwa. What we WILL NOT tolerate though are the half truths and some outright lies peddled by the Chadians eg them and the Nigeriens carrying out deep incursions in Nigeria when they were actually at Bosco in Niger Republic, or the claim of the Chadians spear heading the current operations when it's actually the Nigerian military calling the shots and undertaking most of the military operations. And we certainly won't condone the insults from the Nigeriens.

I remember last year when you went to Paris begging like a slave for the formation of MNJTF how many territories have you lost at the time?
as a reminder, in Borno alone, it was 20/27 LGAS.

Now they have come and you think your pride will be in tact? what else is foolishness? look at you, with a 130,000 standing soldiers, 2nd biggest military budget in Africa you stooped so low to beg one of the poorest nations in the world that cannot afford bullet proof vests for its soldiers for assistance, are you not ashamed of what you have lost to corruption so far?

Chad was in Baga no problem, the moment they left under your incompetent eyes, Baga fell, are you not ashamed of yourself? a country with only 30,000 soldiers and 2 planes in her Airforce.

I don't really take you seriously since last year when you claimed to be an officer but could not tell the difference between an insurrection and a civil war, that impression alone has explained in depth, the content you are made of, I rather focus my energy on someone who is a professional not a lie spinner for the Nigerian army.

If we were half as good, the MNJTF wont be formed in the first place, if you were any good, we will pursue Boko haram into Chad, secure our borders and allow them to deal with it.

Did we form MNJTF for 14yrs when we occupied the Bakassi peninsular? did we need a MNJTF to deal with the Maitatsine? Did we need a MNJTF to return the Chadians when they invaded us? Did we need a MNTJF to deal with the Biafrans? did we need MNJTF to deal with Sierra leone president Ahmed kabbah's adversaries when he was ousted from power?

Shame on you!! X100
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

It is easy for you to say do you know why? because you know that majority of Nigerians are Nincompoops, if you were a french citizen and under your watch France loses 20/27 LGAS in 4yrs, you already know your fate don't you?
continue, change will come someday and most mediocres like you will obey the law of "survival of the fittest", do you know why everybody is scared of Buhari, because they are either thieves or mediocres.
Competent people will soon mount the podium and you will have a feel of service delivery, enjoy your mediocrity while it lasts.
I read most of your posts on the military thread with the South Africans, I only felt sorry for your soul.

Yawns!!!!!!..................

2 Likes

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by cjrane: 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Wow!! They captured 2 towns in less than 2 weeks?! Wow!! Far "better" than the Nigerian Army that captured 16+ towns within same period undecided . And why won't they casualty figure be much less when they just joined the fight 2 weeks ago compared to the Nigerian military that has born the brunt of most, if not all, of the major attacks for years? And please do tell how "strategic" Gamboru Ngala and Dikwa is (other than them being border towns). The same Chadians that left their rear exposed at Fotokol? And glad to see their airforce is working. But you do know that it was the Nigerian Airforce that flew the combat sorties during the offensive in Gamboru, right? No? Of course you don't, but still spew trash here even though all your posts reeks of stark ignorance.

Ur attempt to brew some type of jealousy or animosity between Chad and Nigerian forces is mischievous to say the least.

Gamboru, Bama or Gwoza are ALL bonafide Nigerian territory. It is our duty to clear all these areas of terrorists. Now, all we have heard in the last couple of years are moles in our army granting interview to foreign press such as Aljazeera to say Boko haram was better equipped than our soldiers or that our Generals leaked sensitive info which was used by Boko haram to ambush our troops. At the same time, Boko haram itself confessed their biggest armory came from Nigerian army weapons abandoned intact for them to capture. These had created a lot of loss of confidence in our troops until Chadians decided to fight Boko Haram. In spite of Chad's much smaller and less equipped troops they had instilled the fear of Allah into the heart of Boko haram. It makes you wonder why Chad could keep Boko haram on the run in a few weeks that NA with all her armoured divisions couldn't achieve. The big question is WHY??

1 Like

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Chad NATO member?! LMAO grin grin grin grin Chei! ! So many ignorant fools running around here cheesy ! Good lawd. We're talking about the same Chadians WE assisted during the Pickup Wars in the 80s, right? And you really think they can take on the Nigerian Armed Forces conventionally? Mehn, thanks for the joke.

Chad is NOT a NATO member that was an over statement, Chad is a NATO ally state, likewise Cameroon and angola is the point I was driving home. France is always watching their backs militarily. BTW I have edited that post
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
deleted
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by Reaper231(m): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

Dont even pray for that, Chad is a NATO ally, should Nigeria sneeze around Chad let alone look for her trouble, trust me, we will all be refugees in a matter of months.
Chad will take out our military in seconds, those guys morale are highest. Nigeria should be looking for a Biafra to be showing its lizard muscle. when you support corruption, it trickles down every institution including the military, when they start losing wars, you blame the gods

Truth is Nig military does not recruit pple with d right mindset. Those that gt enlist tru the short service commission are usually Governors' kids, senators, ministers or pple related to a POWERFUL General cos of salary or prospect of building a political career or having anoda General in d family. An average Nig on d street wit d spririt of patriotism and high morale can't get in except thru the recruitment as an NCO. Dis pple chicken in d face or threat or war cos they didn't join d job to die.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
cjrane:

Ur attempt to brew some type of jealousy or animosity between Chad and Nigerian forces is mischievous to say the least.

Gamboru, Bama or Gwoza are ALL bonafide Nigerian territory. It is our duty to clear all these areas of terrorists. Now, all we have heard in the last couple of years are moles in our army granting interview to foreign press such as Aljazeera to say Boko haram was better equipped than our soldiers or that our Generals leaked sensitive info which was used by Boko haram to ambush our troops. At the same time, Boko haram itself confessed their biggest armory came from Nigerian army weapons abandoned intact for them to capture. These had created a lot of loss of confidence in our troops until Chadians decided to fight Boko Haram. In spite of Chad's much smaller and less equipped troops they had instilled the fear of Allah into the heart of Boko haram. It makes you wonder why Chad could keep Boko haram on the run in a few weeks that NA with all her armoured divisions couldn't achieve. The big question is WHY??

Your allegation about me creating some sort of jealousy between Nigeria and Chad is simply untrue. However as a Nigerian, I will NOT sit back and watch the Chadians rubbish my country's name by running it's mouth more than necessary just because it enjoyed a two victories, and as a Nigerian I expect the same from you regardless of the flaws of our Armed Forces. What I find baffling is that so-called Nigerians like you have swallowed the whole Chadian narrative of the current conflict hook-line-and-sinker without at least sifting through available facts.

With regards the issue of equipment, it is true that the Nigerian military made mistakes in the past. Yes troops equipped with soft skinned vehicles like Toyota Pickups and Ford Rangers armed with simple GPMGs and little combat air support went against a numerically superior enemy armed with HEAVILY ARMED with HMGs and Vehicle mounted AA guns, surpluses from the Libyan conflict. How do you expect the former to survive a fire fight against that? Even elite US Special Forces will consider that foolhardy, especially without air support. Now in comes the Chadians. They are far less disciplined than the Nigerian Army, BUT they did come in with MASSIVE firepower from HMGS MOUNTED Toyota Pick up trucks to BMP-1 IFVS. Firepower - wise, it was already lopsided in favour of the Chadians. Still, the same Chadians mistakenly left their rear exposed. As for the Nigerian Military, the rearming of the Armed forces have been nothing short of impressive. New platforms (T-72 MBTS, BTR- 80s, BTR-4 IFVS, Igirigi MRAP, Bigfoot MRAPS, Ikri LAPV, CH-3A UCAVs, PUMA transport helos, Gazelle LUH, additional upgraded Alpha jets, better combat vests, new Beryl Rifles, REVA MRAPS, Mi-35 attack helicopters etc) have been acquired, we've recieved better tactical training from the Russians and Isrealis, our combat pilots are flying longer combat sorties from recon to combat air support, and we've learnt from our past mistakes. The result is all there for you to see from the victories in Adamawa (Mubi, Mitchika, Hong, etc), Yobe (Damaturu, etc), and Borno (Baga, Bama, Konduga, Maiduguri, etc).

1 Like

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 4:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

I remember last year when you went to Paris begging like a slave for the formation of MNJTF how many territories have you lost at the time?
as a reminder, in Borno alone, it was 20/27 LGAS.

Now they have come and you think your pride will be in tact? what else is foolishness? look at you, with a 130,000 standing soldiers, 2nd biggest military budget in Africa you stooped so low to beg one of the poorest nations in the world that cannot afford bullet proof vests for its soldiers for assistance, are you not ashamed of what you have lost to corruption so far?

Chad was in Baga no problem, the moment they left under your incompetent eyes, Baga fell, are you not ashamed of yourself? a country with only 30,000 soldiers and 2 planes in her Airforce.

I don't really take you seriously since last year when you claimed to be an officer but could not tell the difference between an insurrection and a civil war, that impression alone has explained in depth, the content you are made of, I rather focus my energy on someone who is a professional not a lie spinner for the Nigerian army.

If we were half as good, the MNJTF wont be formed in the first place, if you were any good, we will pursue Boko haram into Chad, secure our borders and allow them to deal with it.

Did we form MNJTF for 14yrs when we occupied the Bakassi peninsular? did we need a MNJTF to deal with the Maitatsine? Did we need a MNJTF to return the Chadians when they invaded us? Did we need a MNTJF to deal with the Biafrans? did we need MNJTF to deal with Sierra leone president Ahmed kabbah's adversaries when he was ousted from power?

Shame on you!! X100

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Nice joke about Paris cheesy !! Now I know you don't have a damn clue about this conflict. Now point(s) of correction: Nigeria NEVER EVER went to Paris to "beg" or push for the creation of the MNJTF. Far from it. Nigeria USED the French to STRONG - ARM our northern neighbours, PARTICULARLY CAMEROUN, into doing more to reinforce their borders and prevent Boko Haram from using their territories as a staging ground for attacks in NIGERIA. That singular move by the GEJ administration PUSHED the Cameroonian President Biya to deploy the military, particularly the BIR, in large numbers.

Even with the formation of the MNJTF or so, it is clearly on record that the Nigerian govt is reluctant to use them in our own territory, hence the command to the Chadians to halt their incursions at the boarder and back off. That said, the so-called MNJTF is somewhat useful as it aims to prevent BH from spilling over to neighbouring countries or using same countries and support bases to recuperate and reorganise. It equally woke our neighbours to the dangers of BH as it directly threatened their economies far more than ours.

It's funny though that you want to compare the minute Maitasine crisis to the Boko Haram insurgency, especially when the later group are flush with cash and excess weaponry acquired from the Libyan crisis. But I guess you didn't know that. Or the FACT that the Bakassi conflict was more conventional between two states. Or that we actually formed a Nigerian - lead MNJTF in the name of ECOMOG during the Sierra Leone bloody civil war. But hey keep spewing trash, you'll only expose yourself here as an airhead.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by Rad1cal: 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

Mr M0r0n, your proof showed that they advanced into Dikwa but there is no report that they have captured it before now, or don't you know the difference between fighting into a town and taking control of it?
Aimless noise? you think im in the same buffoonery league with you? look well before you leap!!

Show us where Chad reported they have "CAPTURED" Dikwa in the past, I am waiting you dumb goat

I repeat you are a very sad fool sir

[size=18pt]Chadian forces retake Dikwa, residents say[/size]
Chadian troops have taken control of the historic town of Dikwa from Boko Haram insurgents, French news agency AFP reported yesterday.

With the latest offensive, the Chadian troops have moved 52 kilometres deep into Nigerian territory, after taking the Nigerian border town of Gamboru many weeks ago.
Many fairly big settlements have been liberated along the way to Dikwa, including Logomani and Gajibo, which is a district headquarters. The troops are now within 48 kilometres to Bama and 88 kilometres from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.
Residents who fled the fighting told AFP that the insurgents had suffered heavy casualties.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/47587-chadian-forces-retake-dikwa-residents-say

Now stop polluting this thread with your half baked lies.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

Chad is NOT a NATO member that was an over statement, Chad is a NATO ally state, likewise Cameroon and angola is the point I was driving home. France is always watching their backs militarily. BTW I have edited that post

Blah blah blah, we've heard that before. Just like Cameroun. Tell me, what did the French do militarily against Nigeria when we held Bakassi all those years? Go on, I'm waiting.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
By the way, when did the Chadians enter Baga?!! Bros, you can lie oh!! cheesy cheesy

But don't worry, Baga is now in the hands of Nigerian Army.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by Fulaman198(m): 4:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

Chad admitted France chose them to help secure the Malian-Algerian border, who killed Red beards? Chad or France? wait when Chad kills Shekau, or rescues Chibok girls, you will want to claim the glory right? jingoism will never help us as Nigerians, fix culpability where it belongs.

What is this one even talking about? Chad deserves the glory in both Mali and Nigeria. It's a shame that Chad did would Nigeria couldn't.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Living in denial as usual, typical Nigerian who is so lazy to dissect the facts and fix culpability where it belongs;

Nigerian army last success; Sierra Leone 1997.

Operation pulo Shield Niger delta: Failure!!
Mali intervention: Failure!!
Operation flush (boko Haram): Failure!!

When they start winning, I will polish my trumpet. this is the moment of truth, because of this incompetence, good soldiers have died, civilians to the tune of 13,000 wasted. I cannot be fooled by the pettiness of people piloting the affairs of this nation.
Most of you decieved yourselves that the Nigerian army has the best infantry in the world, yet some are now saying they have not mastered desert war fare grin grin grin, is the desert on air?

I asked a soldier where they got the award from, he said they trekked from Liberia to Sierra leone, the award was based on endurance and size of troops, I quickly asked him if he hasn't heard of military transport before? grin grin grin

Country where majority lack common sense is bound to fail, I cannot be surprised at our political and military failures.

Look at this foolish clown grin grin . Now I know you're a blockhead. The LAST success for the Nigerian Armed forces was NOT just Operation Pulo Shield, BUT the counter - kidnapping Ops in the South-East that saw the redeployment of then GOC 82nd Composite Division to Abia, the killing of the ringleader behind the kidnap ring by the Army, and the destruction of the kidnap ring. THAT success saw the redeployment of Maj. Gen. Sarkin Bello (rtd), who btw was recently in charge of the JTF behind the successful Op. Pulo Shield, to ONSA as the Director of Counter Terrorism at the start of the Boko Haram insurgency and terror attacks up north.

Btw here's a few info about Operation Pulo Shield ' s "failures": Warri was pacified, notorious Camp 5 was destroyed by the JTF, 2nd all - out offensive by MEND on Port Harcourt was soundly beaten off (2007 saw the first use of the Mi-35 Attack Helo in combat over the skies of Port Harcourt), cultists hideouts in Port Harcourt were totally dismantled and assets siezed and destroyed, massive arrests, waterways through creeks re secured by the Nigerian Navy, elimination of kidnapping rings, etc. If all those represents the "failures" of Pulo Shield, only God knows how the success looked like. Then again you wouldn't know, cos you're a bloody airhead.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
Btw, the Mali intervention wasn't really our fight, even though Nigerian special forces along with French and Mali troops successfully defended Bamako at the early stages of rebel onslaught, and Nigerian DIA agents were combing the country side for Shekau long before the Chadians showed up. But hey, I'll still give it to the Chadians who saw more action than us, while we were stationed at the relatively peaceful Southern Axis close to Bamako.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Look at this foolish clown grin grin . Now I know you're a blockhead. The LAST success for the Nigerian Armed forces was NOT just Operation Pulo Shield, BUT the counter - kidnapping Ops in the South-East that saw the redeployment of then GOC 82nd Composite Division to Abia, the killing of the ringleader behind the kidnap ring by the Army, and the destruction of the kidnap ring. THAT success saw the redeployment of Maj. Gen. Sarkin Bello (rtd), who btw was recently in charge of the JTF behind the successful Op. Pulo Shield, to ONSA as the Director of Counter Terrorism at the start of the Boko Haram insurgency and terror attacks up north.

Btw here's a few info about Operation Pulo Shield ' s "failures": Warri was pacified, notorious Camp 5 was destroyed by the JTF, 2nd all - out offensive by MEND on Port Harcourt was soundly beaten off (2007 saw the first use of the Mi-35 Attack Helo in combat over the skies of Port Harcourt), cultists hideouts in Port Harcourt were totally dismantled and assets siezed and destroyed, massive arrests, waterways through creeks re secured by the Nigerian Navy, elimination of kidnapping rings, etc. If all those represents the "failures" of Pulo Shield, only God knows how the success looked like. Then again you wouldn't know, cos you're a bloody airhead.

Army anti kidnapping squad, shameless you, only in Nigeria the military take glory for anti kidnapping.
Bros I wrote military operations not boyscout movements, leave anti Kidnapping for SARS.

Did you call OPS Pulo Shield a success? lol Even Asari Dokubo will be having a good laugh, you succeeded and declared Amnesty right?
You neither captured Asari nor Tompolo nor Ateke tom and you went to Abuja to declare victory, loooooool clowns in uniform.

What is your definition of victory?

1 Like

Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Blah blah blah, we've heard that before. Just like Cameroun. Tell me, what did the French do militarily against Nigeria when we held Bakassi all those years? Go on, I'm waiting.

According to Donald Duke the Gov of Cross river state at the time, he said that France threatened Nigeria to hand over bakassi, I rather believe a governor who is the chief security officer of a state than a faceless military apologist like Ocelot.

Sharpen your ignorance here.

www.nairaland.com/1460692/france-destroyed-nigeria-over-bakassi

Block head, touch Cameroon or Chad and you will not live to tell the tales, don't say I didn't warn you.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
Rad1cal:

I repeat you are a very sad fool sir

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/47587-chadian-forces-retake-dikwa-residents-say

Now stop polluting this thread with your half baked lies.

These are the leaders of tomorrow with acute comprehension problem.
Dikwa was captured 20th Feb, Boko haram's command center in Dikwa was captured 3rd of March, that is what the thread is about.
No report has said it captured Dikwa twice. stop being a m0r0n.

" Chadian forces had planned to take
the town last month, but were
ordered back by Nigeria, which said
it planned to attack it. But a Chadian
soldier in Dikwa said the closest
Nigerian soldiers got to the town
during Monday's fighting was 50 km
away.
Chad's army, considered one of the
best in the region and backed by a
strong air force, first deployed to
help Cameroon fend off Boko Haram
and is now pressing southwest into
Nigerian territory after capturing the
border town of Gambaru last month""
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Nice joke about Paris cheesy !! Now I know you don't have a damn clue about this conflict. Now point(s) of correction: Nigeria NEVER EVER went to Paris to "beg" or push for the creation of the MNJTF. Far from it. Nigeria USED the French to STRONG - ARM our northern neighbours, PARTICULARLY CAMEROUN, into doing more to reinforce their borders and prevent Boko Haram from using their territories as a staging ground for attacks in NIGERIA. That singular move by the GEJ administration PUSHED the Cameroonian President Biya to deploy the military, particularly the BIR, in large numbers.

Even with the formation of the MNJTF or so, it is clearly on record that the Nigerian govt is reluctant to use them in our own territory, hence the command to the Chadians to halt their incursions at the boarder and back off. That said, the so-called MNJTF is somewhat useful as it aims to prevent BH from spilling over to neighbouring countries or using same countries and support bases to recuperate and reorganise. It equally woke our neighbours to the dangers of BH as it directly threatened their economies far more than ours.

It's funny though that you want to compare the minute Maitasine crisis to the Boko Haram insurgency, especially when the later group are flush with cash and excess weaponry acquired from the Libyan crisis. But I guess you didn't know that. Or the FACT that the Bakassi conflict was more conventional between two states. Or that we actually formed a Nigerian - lead MNJTF in the name of ECOMOG during the Sierra Leone bloody civil war. But hey keep spewing trash, you'll only expose yourself here as an airhead.

Lie spinner, this is what happened in Paris;

"" William Hague, the Foreign Secretary,
has said open borders and the
spreading footprint of Boko Haram
means Nigeria's francophone
neighbours, Cameroon, Niger and
Chad could provide "practical help"
to the search for the schoolgirls
kidnapped by the militant group.""
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/10838014/Paris-summit-to-boost-search-for-Nigerian-schoolgirls-held-by-Boko-Haram.html""

The news said you went to secure " PRACTICAL HELP", but in your capacity as the Nigerian army lie spinner, You called it "strong-arm" guess you meant "arm twisting".
buhaaaaaaaahahaaaaa.
Bury your ugly face in shame. This is the height of ingratitude coming from a Nigerian.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by Rad1cal: 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

These are the leaders of tomorrow with acute comprehension problem.
Dikwa was captured 20th Feb, Boko haram's command center in Dikwa was captured 3rd of March, that is what the thread is about.
No report has said it captured Dikwa twice. stop being a m0r0n.

" Chadian forces had planned to take
the town last month, but were
ordered back by Nigeria, which said
it planned to attack it. But a Chadian
soldier in Dikwa said the closest
Nigerian soldiers got to the town
during Monday's fighting was 50 km
away.
Chad's army, considered one of the
best in the region and backed by a
strong air force, first deployed to
help Cameroon fend off Boko Haram
and is now pressing southwest into
Nigerian territory after capturing the
border town of Gambaru last month""

You are a disgrace to all nairalanders, how can you capture a town from terrorist without eliminating their control base.

Are you such a daft ?
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
Rad1cal:

You are a disgrace to all nairalanders, how can you capture a town from terrorist without eliminating their control base.

Are you such a daft ?

Do yourself a favor, please go back to basic school. Maybe the expired grey matter in your skull tells you that Dikwa is a street that all the nooks and crannies must be captured in a day.

You have the news, Chad has a strategic kill under their cap, waiting for our equipped Soldiers to do the needful.
There are two remaining points to score, capture of Shekau and recovery of Chibok girls.
Lie spinning cant change facts.

CHAD - 1
NIGERIA-0.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by Rad1cal: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

Do yourself a favor, please go back to basic school. Maybe the expired grey matter in your skull tells you that Dikwa is a street that all the nooks and crannies must be captured in a day.

You have the news, Chad has a strategic kill under their cap, waiting for our equipped Soldiers to do the needful.
There are two remaining points to score, capture of Shekau and recovery of Chibok girls.
Lie spinning cant change facts.

CHAD - 1
NIGERIA-0.

How old are you dolt ?Fool, you can't declare a town captured until you have uprooted all strong base of your foes .

Don't you you ever feel we can be as daft as you are.

Nansense
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

Army anti kidnapping squad, shameless you, only in Nigeria the military take glory for anti kidnapping.
Bros I wrote military operations not boyscout movements, leave anti Kidnapping for SARS.

Did you call OPS Pulo Shield a success? lol Even Asari Dokubo will be having a good laugh, you succeeded and declared Amnesty right?
You neither captured Asari nor Tompolo nor Ateke tom and you went to Abuja to declare victory, loooooool clowns in uniform.

What is your definition of victory?

Buttwipe, if you had even bothered to follow the kidnap siege in the SE, which Btw was a direct consequence of the ND insurgency no thanks to the flow of weapons and use of kidnapping as a tool of terror, then you would've known that the Police under the then AIG whose Zonal command was responsible for that AOR screwed the pooch big time, hence the need for the FG to reassign that assignment to the Army's 82nd Composite Division under the command of a GOC who served with distinction as the Commander of JTF and the architect of OP. Pulo Shield.

And yes I call OP. Pulo Shield a success. Did the Asari Dokubo even bother to pick up arms again especially after the expiration of the amnesty program and the beginning of massive military operations? Didn't Soboma George and Ateke Tom who ruled large in Port Harcourt take to their heels and ran back to the swamps like rats after JTF was given orders to capture them dead or alive? Did the notorious Camp 5, headquarters of MEND, not finally fall to the JTF? Yet you call Pulo Shield a failure? You must be a joker.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

Lie spinner, this is what happened in Paris;

"" William Hague, the Foreign Secretary,
has said open borders and the
spreading footprint of Boko Haram
means Nigeria's francophone
neighbours, Cameroon, Niger and
Chad could provide "practical help"
to the search for the schoolgirls
kidnapped by the militant group.""
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/10838014/Paris-summit-to-boost-search-for-Nigerian-schoolgirls-held-by-Boko-Haram.html""

The news said you went to secure " PRACTICAL HELP", but in your capacity as the Nigerian army lie spinner, You called it "strong-arm" guess you meant "arm twisting".
buhaaaaaaaahahaaaaa.
Bury your ugly face in shame. This is the height of ingratitude coming from a Nigerian.

Wow....... I never knew Mr. Hague, then British Foreign Secretary, was the spokesman for the Nigerian Presidency. You think pulling out that is going to cover your absolute lack of knowledge of this conflict? Try harder slowpoke.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by ocelot2006(m): 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
jpphilips:

According to Donald Duke the Gov of Cross river state at the time, he said that France threatened Nigeria to hand over bakassi, I rather believe a governor who is the chief security officer of a state than a faceless military apologist like Ocelot.

Sharpen your ignorance here.

www.nairaland.com/1460692/france-destroyed-nigeria-over-bakassi

Block head, touch Cameroon or Chad and you will not live to tell the tales, don't say I didn't warn you.

LMAO!!! Yeah right grin . Yet we held on to the Peninsula all those years, and even threatened to nationalise French Businesses here in Nigeria.

Fart-for-brains, we touched Cameroun for 10+ years and heavens did not fall from Paris.
Re: Chadian Soldiers Capture Boko Haram's Command Center by jpphilips(m): 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Buttwipe, if you had even bothered to follow the kidnap siege in the SE, which Btw was a direct consequence of the ND insurgency no thanks to the flow of weapons and use of kidnapping as a tool of terror, then you would've known that the Police under the then AIG whose Zonal command was responsible for that AOR screwed the pooch big time, hence the need for the FG to reassign that assignment to the Army's 82nd Composite Division under the command of a GOC who served with distinction as the Commander of JTF and the architect of OP. Pulo Shield.

And yes I call OP. Pulo Shield a success. Did the Asari Dokubo even bother to pick up arms again especially after the expiration of the amnesty program and the beginning of massive military operations? Didn't Soboma George and Ateke Tom who ruled large in Port Harcourt take to their heels and ran back to the swamps like rats after JTF was given orders to capture them dead or alive? Did the notorious Camp 5, headquarters of MEND, not finally fall to the JTF? Yet you call Pulo Shield a failure? You must be a joker.

Lolzzzzzzz Asari Dokubo and Tompolo send their regards, talking about picking up arms, Tompolo now has gun boats loooooool.
Success indeed, continue decieving your fellow fucktards.
Can someone remind this buffalo how much we are paying to keep those militants quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Ganduje's 6th Bribery Video (Photos) / Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.