Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria (58744 Views)

Biafra Themed Wedding In Enugu (Photos) / The Money Sprayed On This Couple At Their Traditional Wedding in Imo / See The Food A Couple Served Their Guests At Their White Wedding In Benue(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 14, 2015
allanphash7:
Oga even with 50k u can achieve a lively wedding ceremony

Your wedding can neva be d worse and can never b d best so why luking upto 500k to fix a wedding

Wedding is just a day o and marriage is for life, life after wedding matter most joor

Let's be realistic. 50k for wedding ceremony? How many of ur friends will come? Will it hold in ur house? Won't people eat or drink? Except u re organising a wedding get together. Maybe a court marriage and a little party for family n friends in ur wife's parents compound.

The guy that use 500k for his wedding really did well. An average wedding in ph, cost wey more than that. Cos u will rent a hall for 120k to 150k. When u subtract 120 from 500k, what is left?
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by uchwar1: 11:50am On Mar 14, 2015
vonchulxy:
brother!!!!!! with all my i no go spend money and RED EYES, i ended up spend 1.5m......alll from intro to trad and white. brother issue with marriage is u wont see it dat way until u make d first expenses and it becomes late for u to get angry and say u dont want d marriage again.
1.5m for trad and white wedding is still okooo

2 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Hemanwel(m): 11:50am On Mar 14, 2015
Chai!
See the number of people viewing this thread.It's clear lack of solid financial base has been hindering alot of guys/ladies from settling down with their hearthrob.May God help us (especially the guys), in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Mekzmoney(m): 11:51am On Mar 14, 2015
Y are u not needed cutty?
Are u married?

MzMessiTohBadt:
I dnt tink m nided on diz thread...
#walksOut
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by stinggy(m): 11:53am On Mar 14, 2015
siegfried99:

I will tell ekaette grin
Tell iwintoke sef, no wedding lipsrsealed tongue embarassed grin

iyke926:

Bros na so you stingy reach
Sharap dia! angry angry angry

cheesy cheesy
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by kika23(f): 11:53am On Mar 14, 2015
marieolae:
Exactly!
30 k is ridiculous. .
Nonsense

30k is cheap sef.... Hehehehe you've not heard of 250k?
Heard of Jide of stOla? Guy is gooooooooood but he's damn expensive..250k, minus accommodation ooo! And that must be provided!!
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 14, 2015
LewisO come and see how you can marry with 500k, you don't need to stress yourself again. wink

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by MzMessiTohBadt(f): 11:58am On Mar 14, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Y are u not needed cutty?
Are u married?

m nt married,buh m sure i cnt do mine for diz lil amount of money
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by watered(m): 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
Nice one but I bet you that I can offer you quality and presentable cakes far below that range. But OP u deserve an applause.

2 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
Herzumpther:
Makeup 30k Even expensive pass wedding gown? shocked shocked Hian.

Wetin the bride dey make up 30 whole thousand naira to paint paint face Chai. sad

@Evina come and see o smiley

#Teampowderandlipglossevenonmyweddingday# kiss

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by hensben(m): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
dechandel:
angry angry
This thread is not for me then!!
Cause my wedding dress would be way above the 500k grin
Why you cost like this undecided

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Kingsasian(m): 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
olrotimi:

our wives are revolting o! Sign of good things to come. Hopefully they would also demand lesser 'soup' money.
"singing "
Things are getting better,
things are getting better,
for the Lord is on the throne.....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...abeg no kill me with laff
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
N32k for ushers?

For those who attend Church services; all you need is - provide food, food, food and food - and your wedding is settled.

Ushering - free
Venue - free (some Churches in Lagos now demand CASH)
Music - Choir (free)
Decoration, Coordination, MC - free

You're basically paying nothing to the Church; in fact, your guests would end up paying the Church via Offering, etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by LewisO: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
Herzumpther:
LewisO come and see how you can marry with 500k, you don't need to stress yourself again. wink
[size=15pt] Where are we? Ok lemme go check the post will be back in a jiffy! wink [/size]

2 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by weselomo(m): 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
that photograph decision is bullshit...... i will prefer local cameraman jare and after getting the cd recording, i will convert everything on my lappy into clear and high mp4 video for future purpose
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
That means 500k wont even be enuf for my own
Cos I go pay mc. My guest will take appetizer first before main dish
With so many unique things I really want to do that day.
Chei!
I dey pity him in cooladvance

And this is just white wedding o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by LewisO: 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
[size=15pt]But (op) u need to tell us where to get those things at cheap prices like u listed, concerning the hall, chairs, tables and canopies.

U can't get those things u listed at cheaper price in some towns maybe in villages you will get those cheap, even decorations. [/size]
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by orimola(m): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
iappreciate this article

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by headprofiler(f): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
I think 500,000 for a wedding is reasonable but if I totally do not agree with the poster's budget allocation.

Nowadays, couples are becoming wiser with their spending. And if anyone should meet me for wedding planning, I give the following advice.

1. Get married on a week day. That way you will be able to cut down your guest list.

2. Church weddings can be done in the pastor's office. Find out more from your church.

3. Do not print more than 100 wedding invitation cards. Thanks to the internet age, you can get various media to invite your guests.

SO, let me analyse OP's budget:

WEDDING DRESS AND BRIDAL ACCESSORIES- N15,000.

This is a fair price. But I'd advised my client to spend more on this dress, however choosing a Nigerian designer and making a gown she can wear after the wedding.

Wedding Dress and Accessories -N25,000

WEDDING SHOES- she wore a silver shoe she already had. (She didn't change into a reception dress)

I have found out that most brides actually change from their wedding shoes to more comfortable ones during the wedding ceremony. Most new shoes are very uncomfortable as they have not been "broken". My advice, wear a shoe you will be comfortable in.

Wedding Shoes = N7,000

WEDDING RINGS (bride and groom)- N6,500. (You can always buy more expensive rings after the wedding when you have more money)

I agree with the poster, do not intend breaking the bank for wedding rings.

Wedding RIngs =N10,000

GROOM'S OUTFIT- 5,000 (wore a suit and shoe he already had, so he only bought a shirt and tie)

I will need to see the suit the groom wants to wear to make my decision on this.

BRIDAL HAIR AND NAILS- N3,500 (permed her hair and styled it into a tight bun, the doughnut way)

Good decision.

MAKEUP (just bride)- N30,000

I do not agree with spending 30,000 for make up for the bride. Almost every Nigerian girl is a makeup artist. You can get people who will do this at a cheaper price.

INVITATION CARDS -BULK SMS- N1,000

Good one.

RECEPTION VENUE (open field) -N50, 000

You can use a church with an open field.

RENTALS OF TABLES, CHAIRS AND CANOPIES- N20,000

DECORATION- N40,000

DJ- N30,000 (They didn't use a live band. The DJ played all kinds of songs even for the older generation)

CAKE- N30,000 - 3 tiers of cake

FOOD- N85,000 (N850 per plate, jollof and fried rice, amala, moin moin and 2 pieces of meat; with 5 servers, chaffing dishes, plates and cutlery) Caterer: Incredible Edibles

DRINKS- N30,000 (water, soft drinks, with drums and ice blocks)

PHOTOGRAPHY- N80,000 (full event coverage, one photobook, pre-wedding shoot, one DVD of all the pictures) Photographer: Xtrm Creations

MC- friend of the groom N0.00

SOUVENIRS- N25,000

5 USHERS- N32,500

EVENT COORDINATION (N7,000)- La' Heiress trained two of the bride's sisters on what they needed to do a few weeks to the wedding and also on the wedding day.

You can use family members as ushers.

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
chidyhels:
That means 500k wont even be enuf for my own
Cos I go pay mc. My guest will take appetizer first before main dish
With so many unique things I really want to do that day.
Chei!
I dey pity him in cooladvance

And this is just white wedding o
pity him ke? U go old if u nor change ur mindset/mentality. Lol

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
SmooshCHN:
Marry a Deeper Life Member tongue.

Hahahhaha, bro u get talent.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by IdJack(m): 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hmmmm 30k only for make up....even na ugly chick no spend that kinda cash for make up, Wedding is once in a life time...you dont need to use any old stuff like the wedding suit and shoes the OP talk about. You can see a good Wedding Suits from 14k upward same with shoes from 2k upward. Just mimimise on other thing.

Why should I pay Usher 32k for what? My friends and my silbing are there to help....only appreciate them with TP money. BUT in all we need to budget it well not to overspend.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
Jenams:
pity him ke? U go old if u nor change ur mindset/mentality. Lol
Rants of a ..........
Send me your cv
There is money in this country

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
I am more about the quality than the cost, I don't mind paying top dollar if I can afford it. Its once in a life time event. Although I don't want a talk of the town wedding but atleast something to my taste and likeness.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Skoopy(m): 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
Infoman51:
Someone that will budget 500k on a day ceremony should be a good earner or else it is Ridiculous!

I'll be amazed if you really meant this!

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
MzMessiTohBadt:
I dnt tink m nided on diz thread...
#walksOut
ur barca still dey rock...so continue,just play ur game well else by the time u ready...prize of ur barca go change how much the guy be get for mind on u o!
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
dem broke ass
Complaining over 30k makeup

Get Tara or bmpro, Get Bellanaija to cover the occasion.
Thats how weddings should be. tongue
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by dechandel(f): 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
Lincolnburrows:

Before I respond, which one is even you on your display pix?
The one who can smile for africa.. Oya respond grin
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by dechandel(f): 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
hensben:
Why you cost like this undecided
Better soup grin
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
Here is one fact, people who hold owanbe parties are mentally ill, period!

There should be two stages to a marriage irrespective of your financial and human resources. Your parlour introduction and the wedding itselfundecided.

Wedding is an intimate event, it should be a friends and family only event. The age when it was all about the society has long past. If we can damn the society on other issues, why should it be different for a wedding undecided

As for me I would rather cook and give out to the homeless the day after the wedding than waste my resources on impressing some strangers.

I am not altruistic but some things scream common sense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by bastien: 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
stinggy:

Even me cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dey tell u, too expensive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo Bride Disappears, Fails To Show Up For Her Wedding (Photo) / Groom, Bridesmaids And Groomsmen Rock Face Cap On Wedding Day (Photos) / Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.