Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria (58742 Views)

Biafra Themed Wedding In Enugu (Photos) / The Money Sprayed On This Couple At Their Traditional Wedding in Imo / See The Food A Couple Served Their Guests At Their White Wedding In Benue(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
Mekzmoney:
So u want to hav d best wedding in d counry abi? D kind ur frnds would live to remember. Jus know that the more you spend on your wedding, the more likely you’ll end up divorced.
the financial burden incurred by lavish, expensive weddings leads to financial stress for the couple, which ultimately tears the marriage apart. They found that women, in particular, are vulnerable to divorce after expensive marriages: women in couples who spent more on their wedding are more likely to end up divorced than their counterparts who spent less than half that.
So don't think of spending millions in your wedding just because u want to belong, except d man is extremely rich and he wanna show off.
And I believe that u would marry for love and not for wealth.

bros, na true u talk o. I have a neighbour who still regret spending up to 1mila on his wedding/trad. The guy na hustler o, And to worsen it all, the wife was/is jobless. I cant tell you how much the whole thing annoys me.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by oladele97: 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
brownlord:
100 guest? Naha if ma ex family.

If you tell the lady you visiting their home, you are likely to meet not less than 50 people, if introduction hey expect like 200.

And for wedding that all the witches and wizard, dead and living ancestors will be made present.

I laugh that money won't be enough to buy ALOMO.

This should not be my bizness anyway

I thank God for u say na your ex or else your in trouble
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
dechandel:
Better soup grin
abeg try shift go front, na human being we wan marry, not soup.
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by dechandel(f): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
Jenams:
abeg try shift go front, na human being we wan marry, not soup.
grin grin
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by kika23(f): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
write2obi:

And after giving him 250k. You'll carry the face for how many years? undecided

250 years I guess.... undecided

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
Jenams:
oh really? Becareful not to marry a ritualist, u r from okija so u need no explanation from me on dis very topic.
lol.
Na me go use am do rituals not the other way round
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by styles2009: 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
profinmasscom:
One of my tenants organised a successful wedding with 80k, he did'nt buy a new cloth, he washed his old cloth and ironed it very well, but guest of the occassion thought the suit was a new one, the wedding gown was giving to him for free by his best friend who has a wedding/decoration office, the owner of the band he hired is a member of his club, he only gave him money for transpotation. Then paid his boys (4 people) 1500 each. He cooked one bag of rice for the occassion. He did'nt hire a caterer because his wife is into the business. So the colleagues of his wife came and handled everything concerning food. He bought all kinds of drink that worth about 60k, but stylishly, he returned the drink and collect back his money. Most of the drink was alcohol, but since the reception took place in the church, he used the strategy and told the guest to calm down until the members of the church go home. Because his church is against drinking alcohol. All the drinks were packed inside a pick-up, if anybody complained of lack of drink, he will direct the person to me, then I will give the person one bottle to drink inside the car also with the assurance that we will soon bring all the drinks to the occassion ground as soon as the church members leaves. This was how the wedding went successfully, and he got a very nice gift. Believe me that 80% of the drink was returned to the seller. Because it was a planned event.

God go bless this guy
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
chidyhels:

lol.
Na me go use am do rituals not the other way round
can u imagine? People are busy talkin abt marriage dis voodooistic ritualist okija girl is lookin for victim for her blood money!
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Melahou(m): 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
Are you telling us there is no miscellaneous expenses which may include transportation cost to buy those things and logistics
Cost of wedding gown and accessories is more than #15. Unless she wants to tie wrapper.
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by jamesbridget13(f): 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
folash:

Pls address of the rental shop. Is it in lagos?
sorry honey. its in ahoada in rivers state
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by jamesbridget13(f): 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
olrotimi:

our wives are revolting o! Sign of good things to come. Hopefully they would also demand lesser 'soup' money.
"singing "
Things are getting better,
things are getting better,
for the Lord is on the throne..... lol

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Melahou(m): 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
MzMessiTohBadt:
I dnt tink m nided on diz thread...
#walksOut

And be fast about it

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Mekzmoney(m): 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
Yes oh. It's very bad because u can never recover all dat money after d wedding. Some1 would eat a plate of rice wit chicken and also eat fufu still top am wit 3 or 5 Origin and at d end he would put #50 in d envelop as a gift cheesy... So its beta u organize a lil wedding and save d rest to feed ur family, if u really dnt wnt to suffer after d wedding. Women would divorce u because there wouldn't like to suffer.

Ashonibarenla:

bros, na true u talk o. I have a neighbour who still regret spending up to 1mila on his wedding/trad. The guy na hustler o, And to worsen it all, the wife was/is jobless. I cant tell you how much the whole thing annoys me.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Melahou(m): 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
helphelp:
Oh well...

Tell me how I can manage 200k

Unless you go for road side wedding

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Melahou(m): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
Psuedy:
Wedding dress and bridal accessories 15k...hehehe.d dress must b made frm china white.

No, it's ordinary white wrapper
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by stinggy(m): 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
bastien:
not even that, hungry fellow go waka come

C ur mouth yeye fellow tongue and u sabi chop anoda person jollof undecided
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Melahou(m): 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
dechandel:
angry angry
This thread is not for me then!!
Cause my wedding dress would be way above the 500k grin

As if you'll contribute anything to the wedding grin grin

U should be more concern about the man than the wedding dress
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by kinibigdeal(m): 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
marieolae:
Exactly!
30 k is ridiculous. .
Nonsense

when are we planning ours
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by swagdopey: 4:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
dechandel:
angry angry

Na y u neva marry,
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by marieolae(f): 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
250K on WHAAAATT?
I don't care how good he is lmao
I'll do my make-up by myself
grin grin
kika23:

30k is cheap sef.... Hehehehe you've not heard of 250k?
Heard of Jide of stOla? Guy is gooooooooood but he's damn expensive..250k, minus accommodation ooo! And that must be provided!!

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by marieolae(f): 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
lmaooo

grin
olrotimi:

our wives are revolting o! Sign of good things to come. Hopefully they would also demand lesser 'soup' money.
"singing "
Things are getting better,
things are getting better,
for the Lord is on the throne.....

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
firstEVA:
it's about choice and what one can afford, to call them mentally ill for choosing to hold a big reception is madness on your part, for God sakes not everyone reasons the same way, there is absolutely nothing wrong in me wanting all my friends to witness by D day, my hubby would want same, our parents would want their friends to witness the day, our siblings would also want their friends to be there, then relatives, co workers, etc, at the end of the day, there is a relationship between the celebrants and guests. If you cannot afford to host them all, then that should be a different case, not saying someone who can afford to conveniently host 1000 or more guests as mentally ill, rubbish.

Agreed, they are not mentally ill cheesy
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
Truckpusher:
That's how a real woman should be talking and not these ones that would want you to spend your entire fortune trying to impress a people that doesn't add any value to your life.
In my place they've reduced marriage bride price and everything to 250,000 naira unless for those that willingly allow themselves to be scammed in the name of marriage. grin

As for white wedding ,na gun that girl go use drag me enter church. cheesy

Stingy man tongue

@FirstEva
It is highly likely that my parents and grandparents would like an owanbe wedding. No wahala!

Bit this is what is going to happen

After my own personal wedding, they can have a reception. O intend to sponsor my wedding (I can't imagine my parents doing that for me). Of they would like to have an owanbe they should be prepared to spend their pension and savings because I will not give them a penny towards it. I had this discussion with my dad last year and I told him frankly if after the wedding they need anything, I will treat like every other matter.

I have a bucket list and they all require lots of money. Unfortunately for me, having a big unnecessary wedding is out of it.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by fitinwell: 6:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
I don't want expensive wedding... I want expensive marriage.
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Frankiss44(m): 6:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
firstEVA:
the ring got my attention, what kind of ring is 10k, the cheapest gold rings is about 30k

And who said one must get married with a gold ring?

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by bastien: 6:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
stinggy:

C ur mouth yeye fellow tongue and u sabi chop anoda person jollof undecided
ifa hear, I no dey go party or wedding
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Otes26(f): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
850 for a plate of food for somebody working with a budget of 500k is way too much. 300-400 will get your guests good food.
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Frankiss44(m): 7:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The woman spent 48,500, while the man spent #5000!

LOL... Bros you just rush calculate the difference? You suppose know say marriage itself na for women na...

2 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Xynthialuvy(f): 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
dechandel:
angry angry
wow,congratulationx in advance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo Bride Disappears, Fails To Show Up For Her Wedding (Photo) / Groom, Bridesmaids And Groomsmen Rock Face Cap On Wedding Day (Photos) / Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.