Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City (19230 Views)

Beautiful Shades Of Lagos By Ambode Pictured By Kola Onifoto, A Naval Officer / Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) / Two Ghanaians Arrested In Amsterdam For Pounding Fufu In Their Flat On 7th Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by pekeyim: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

This isn't the Politics thread, dear.

Nigerian Food...healthier, better tasting, fantastic!

Listen yeah!
I didn't go on any section.
It came to meet me on FP.

I did comment about food.

And expressed my opinion!
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by seunwen2(m): 12:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
[size=40pt]Epistles[/size]
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
pekeyim:

Listen yeah!
I didn't go on any section.
It came to meet me on FP.

I did comment about food.

And expressed my opinion!

Is Buhari a type of food, yeah?

You PDP and APC politicians....please stop making everything about politics.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by balogundayo(m): 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
this is making front page cos it's a post by a white woman.... undecided racism on ma soil again undecided

1 Like

Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by okonelfg(m): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2015
pekeyim:
I don't like American food..

I schooled in.........

Je detest Buhari n APC.
moi aussi je detest buhari et apc
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by phlamesG: 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
I sense sarcasm in her statements dunno

1 Like

Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Hanibal(m): 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
So wetin this Oyinbo woman dey try talk sef? undecided
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by anselm791(m): 1:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
Your grammar too big jor, the story no come sweet.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by M4gunners: 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
All this full test because of fish and fufu? Abeg go fine work do jare.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by pekeyim: 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Is Buhari a type of food, yeah?

You PDP and APC politicians....please stop making everything about politics.

Did you read the first part about

"Nt liking American food?"
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by wayodude(m): 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
Interesting..
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by iwriterng(m): 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
Well, its total crap. You can't express your view of Lasgidi by spending just one hour in a poor hotel. It took some of us more than a decade to understand a bit of Lasigidi

2 Likes

Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by sisisioge: 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
Looool
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by pak: 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2015
This is exactly what Ishilove would have been like had she been American!

Gosh, I have a crush on that lady, (can't say if am reffering to ishilove or the writer)
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by pak: 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
balogundayo:
this is making front page cos it's a post by a white woman.... undecided racism on ma soil again undecided

It made frontpage because of the literary value of her expressions and description of her experience of lagos life. When will Nigerians learn to love art for what it is ?

1 Like

Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by bokohalal(m): 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
Writer said FUTURE WAS INVENTED BY GHANIANS !
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by capip120(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
Lindsay Crouse
Pics of the writer

Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by ekaromail: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
She should get a good hotel next time.

Get the complete Series Two of Trapped (The Underworld) at

Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UDFCH4O

Okadabooks.com: http://okadabooks.com

Createspace.com: https://www.createspace.com/5347134
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Ayandare2(m): 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
embarassedShoro ni yen
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by denedene(m): 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
this kind American woman wey no gt money, Lagos can't be as bad as she portrayed it
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by denedene(m): 4:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
this kind American woman wey no gt money, Lagos can't be as bad as she portrayed it.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Litmus: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hmmm, pic of a white person and suddenly articles is deemed authentic and Nigerian food suddenly becomes a Ghanian cuisine - which i suspect the article is really all about. So, Ushinkapa is suddenly Nigerian because it is what some Nigeria ethnicities call Rice?

In the shadowy forums all over the internet where the light of Nigerian enlightenment don't shine, Africans go claiming things that belong to Nigeria as theirs. I recall one such site where a Ghanaian tried to appropriate the Nigerian invention- the black soap,which is made up of banga oil -as theirs. Unfortunately for the Ghanaian, the site wasn't too off the beaten path or surfing bandwidth and a Nigerian with sound knowledge of our culture just happened to be there and was able to properly inform the online community on that site the true investors of black soap.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by stanleyharry: 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2015
APPLICATION FOR THE POST FOR:
1)M.D
2)MANAGAR
3)RESETNOCE
4)SECETRY
5)P.R.O
6)D.O.S
CONTACT US ON:via harrytom329@gmail.com OR call 08117646849
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by FOREXMARTS: 7:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
Na so so ham dem dey chop for America, Fried ham, roasted ham, salted ham, boiled ham, hamburger, ham and cheese, west ham, fulham, Nottingham, Tottenham Birmingham. Na Southampton remain to chop ni.

To the guy above me, screw you. Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by rhames(m): 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
capip120:
Lindsay Crouse
Pics of the writer

Whats the name of the hotel you stayed in Lindsay?
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by mcpat(m): 8:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
I lost my interest in the article, when she described nigeria(lagos) as a city filled with skyscrapers that are dark at night, I believe she has night blindness. A foreigner who hasn't been on the shores of naija can say this and I will pass with the thought that (s)he is suffering from Chimamandas' Single story. The island where all these mammoth buildings are located is a sight to behold at night. We should start giving out glasses at the international wing of the MMA.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by musicwriter(m): 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
You all call this a long post?. Why are Nairaland members lazy to read?. I pity for you guys.
Most of you appears not to have read this woman's story. I don't see any reason for any hate response here.
The woman was just telling her experience in a Nigerian hotel and restaurant, some good and bad moments.
She seems to also be a Chimamanda fan.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by khiaa(f): 12:40am On Mar 13, 2015
Jostico:
every time pizzza you wan kill yourself b4?

Pizza is not an American food, it's Italian.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by khiaa(f): 12:45am On Mar 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Yawwwnnn....Meanwhile you dumb, racist American, some skyscrapers are sparsely lit at night because it is after office hrs and companies are saving on power bills, not because ''there is no electricity to light them". Insolent dunce.

What she said was an assumption not racist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Types Of People You Will Meet In A Public Bus In Lagos / Celebrating Eid In A Foreign Land: Nairalander Experience In North Cyprus / Container Truck Tumbles In Maza-maza,lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.