Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City (19231 Views)

Beautiful Shades Of Lagos By Ambode Pictured By Kola Onifoto, A Naval Officer / Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) / Two Ghanaians Arrested In Amsterdam For Pounding Fufu In Their Flat On 7th Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 13, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Yawwwnnn....Meanwhile you dumb, racist American, some skyscrapers are sparsely lit at night because it is after office hrs and companies are saving on power bills, not because ''there is no electricity to light them". Insolent dunce.
Eejit as always!
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Jostico: 1:05am On Mar 13, 2015
khiaa:

Pizza is not an American food, it's Italian.

are you serious?
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 13, 2015
Jostico:

are you serious?
Yes, it is of Italian origin.
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by khiaa(f): 1:12am On Mar 13, 2015
Jostico:

are you serious?

America is made of different nationalities, fufu is served in America does that make it an American dish?
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 13, 2015
mcpat:
I lost my interest in the article, when she described nigeria(lagos) as a city filled with skyscrapers that are dark at night, I believe she has night blindness. A foreigner who hasn't been on the shores of naija can say this and I will pass with the thought that (s)he is suffering from Chimamandas' Single story. The island where all these mammoth buildings are located is a sight to behold at night. We should start giving out glasses at the international wing of the MMA.
Nigerian office buildings are not well lighted. I can recall vividly my experience of Lagos at night and it's worse than a dark hole. Somebody from a nation with buildings lighted all the time would find Lagos a dark city at night. Her description is not far from the truth. You guys are used to the darkness that your eyes see candlelight from a distance as a bright light.Not so much different from the way moles see in the hole. Jeez! angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by adamskutty(m): 1:54am On Mar 13, 2015
All4naija and khiaa, what is popping btn u two lovely couples? grin
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by khiaa(f): 1:56am On Mar 13, 2015
adamskutty:
All4naija and khiaa, what is popping btn u two lovely couples? grin

What are you talking about, I'm not a lesbian. sad sad
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by adamskutty(m): 2:04am On Mar 13, 2015
all4naija:
I am good fam! That ghetto lady has a problem with my gender!
ok grin

U two should enjoy ur romance. grin
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 13, 2015
adamskutty:
i never said u are a lesbian, all4naja is a guy grin
She would never believe you that I am a guy. I had told her about my gender all the while she refused to accept the truth. Khiaa is a liar! angry
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by adamskutty(m): 2:09am On Mar 13, 2015
khiaa:

No she isn't, I busted her skanky butt a year ago.
lol! How?
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by Jostico: 7:28am On Mar 13, 2015
khiaa:

America is made of different nationalities, fufu is served in America does that make it an American dish?

how come you know all this,have you being there
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by khiaa(f): 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
Jostico:

how come you know all this,have you being there

I am American.

1 Like

Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by khiaa(f): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
all4naija:

She would never believe you that I am a guy. I had told her about my gender all the while she refused to accept the truth. Khiaa is the bomb!! smiley (
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by khiaa(f): 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
all4naija:

She would never believe you that I am a guy. I had told her about my gender all the while she refused to accept the truth. Khiaa is the truth and she is very wise! angry
Re: Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City by mikron(m): 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nice write up but I dont like the perception of her about we naija guys as scammers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Types Of People You Will Meet In A Public Bus In Lagos / Container Truck Tumbles In Maza-maza,lagos (photos) / Celebrating Eid In A Foreign Land: Nairalander Experience In North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.