Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow (31224 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Musiliu Obanikoro's Plan To Join APC / EFCC Raids Musiliu Obanikoro’s Homes In Ikoyi, Lagos (photo) / See What Chris Ngige Did Today With Other Senators After Taking A Bow(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Lanretoye(m): 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
Yes let's march buhari back to kastina so he can have time to mange his prostrate cancer. Meanwhile leave the north for dem, lagos, ekiti, ondo, rivers, imo and the middle belt should be focused on. Our riggin machine has been granted entrance. The game has changed let's teach dis ppl how politics is played.

ur rigging machine has been granted entrance,and your future generation endangered...i mean no offense but if u really want to teach politics with your future, my brother u need serious mental evaluation.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by juicebox: 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
bayulll01:

I don't usually reply eediot or foolls but I will take my time today,someone indicted in electoral fraud,someone that stole people mandate,why can't we be human for once in this country,is it that we don't have any soul left in us,the best your president would have done is to investigate that tape,oh lo and behold,the tape already indict the president,how I wish God can take me away from these people,and yet you clamor for improvement in Nigeria,if your soul is lost why don't you think of your unborn children.

you type like the bigger fool. Please think before you post
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by dein77(m): 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
bayulll01:

I don't usually reply eediot or foolls but I will take my time today,someone indicted in electoral fraud,someone that stole people mandate,why can't we be human for once in this country,is it that we don't have any soul left in us,the best your president would have done is to investigate that tape,oh lo and behold,the tape already indict the president,how I wish God can take me away from these people,and yet you clamor for improvement in Nigeria,if your soul is lost why don't you think of your unborn children.

You can still pass your comments without unnecessarily sounding bitter and condescending. We have to learn to live with all kinds of people. We must learn to guard and manage our emotions; it's a vital part of intelligence and maturity.

Yes. Your points are carried. But has any court effectively proven those allegations levelled against Koro? NO.

Please, desist from insulting people. By end of this month, elections don pass!
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by onatisi(m): 3:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
xhamel89:
First it was Election date that was shifted, heaven did not fall

Second, Obanikoro was successfully screened and return, nothing happen likewise.

Come March 28, GEJ will return as President of Nigeria, I bet you nothing will happen. If you like use scanner for voters and join it with reader for PVC.

Nigerians are just not wise, keep deceiving themselves. You think GEJ is making mouth that PDP will get 90% votes?

Save this page for future reference.
apc will lose the heaviest in areas they think they will win highest . Just wait and see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Montaque(m): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
give me a very good reason why I shouldn't be ?does he have an court case against him? Does he have any corruption allegation against him? Is he a nigerian or not? So between tinubu and koro who is more corrupt?

The same reason why no court action has been instituted is the same reason why he is made a minister.
He is a full Nigerian
Yes, he has a serious allegation of corruption against him.
If tinubu is corrupt in ur eyes, will u be comfortable if he is made a minister?
This is not about APC or PDP, we are killing our National Conscience.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by wonlasewonimi: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
give me a very good reason why I shouldn't be ?does he have an court case against him? Does he have any corruption allegation against him? Is he a nigerian or not? So between tinubu and koro who is more corrupt?

Make una dey fear God o. How can you compare Tinubu and Koro? one has just been made a minister bros easy na
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by labiola: 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
All of us( the youths) of this country, whether you support APC or PDP, our future is in our hands, if you think Buhari or GEJ will bring the needed change am sorry to disappoint you, we are all deceiving ourselves, until we all rise against these people, nothing good will come out of this country. I felt bad reading Obanikoro has been confirmed,more injury to my already wounded heart was reading an act that is condemnable being celebrated on nairaland.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by babaagba1000: 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
benizu:
The Nigerian Senate on Wednesday confirmed Musiliu Obanikoro as a federal minister, appointed by President Goodluck Jonathan, brushing aside allegations that Mr. Obanikoro played a key role in election fraud in Ekiti State.

Mr. Obanikoro was named recently in a leaked tape as a principal actor in the state’s governorship election rigging in 2014, sparking national outrage.

The Nigerian government has refused to investigate the claims.

The Senate approved Mr. Obanikoro’s nomination as a minister, Wednesday, after repeated deferments, despite protests from senators from Lagos State, Mr. Obanikoro’s home state, and other opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, who had vowed to stop the clearance over the Ekiti scandal.

As a former senator himself, the Senate allowed Mr. Obanikoro to “take a bow and go”, without answering questions, a privilege reserved for former federal lawmakers.

APC lawmakers responded by walking out of the session in protest.

source
https://twitter.com/pdpmediaroom247/status/575628208084815873

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178286-breaking-senate-confirms-obanikoro-as-minister-despite-ekitigate-scandal.html

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT EKITIGATE WAS NOT A SCANDAL.LETS NOT JUST SWEEP ISSUES LIKE THIS UNDER THE CARPET.WE SWEPT OPERATION FEED THE NATION UNDER THE CARPET,WE SWEPT THE ITT SAGA UNDER THE CARPET,NO ONE HAS TOLD US HOW RECOVERED ABACHA LOOT WAS MANAGED, WHAT OF THE GHANA MUST GO BAGS OF MONEY THAT WAS SHARED AMONGST MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE.WHAT OF THIRD TERM ISSUES. WHAT OF THE TURN AROUND MAINTENANCE OF NIGERIAN REFINERIES THAT STARTED MORE THAN 10YEARS AGO.OR HOW WE HONOR AND CELEBRATE CORRUPTION IN THIS NATION.FOR HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TURN OUR FACES FROM ISSUES THAT CAN DESTROY OUR NATION?....PLEASE WE ALL ARE AGAINST CORRUPTION...BTW IS OBANIKORO THE ONLY CAPABLE PDP PERSON FROM LAGOS?
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by lohresloco: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
Reddit:
Congratulations Senator Obanikoro for your appointment as a Minister for the Federal Republic of Nigeria once more.

APC should hide their heads in shame.

Power doesn't make noise, the more the noise the less the power.

Losers
ah, my point exactly, those who know don't scream..... Simple. Those who have power are never noisy

4 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
Lanretoye:

ur rigging machine has been granted entrance,and your future generation endangered...i mean no offense but if u really want to teach politics with your future, my brother u need serious mental evaluation.

Opnion 101

Even truth varies from one persn to anoda. Ur alternative I see no good in him. Meanwhile I see all good in gej. So a secured future is based on opinion too. I prefer the future I am taking.

1 Like

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by lohresloco: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
saintTim:

Removes wallet..
How much is your change ?
oh shi.t, you had to do this...... Buaaahahahahha
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by briefness: 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
What a country we live in. What a shame. More disheartening is when youths trivialise issues like this. Impunity at its peak. March 28 is the date.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by onatisi(m): 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
Montaque:

The same reason why no court action has been instituted is the same reason why he is made a minister.
He is a full Nigerian
Yes, he has a serious allegation of corruption against him.
If tinubu is corrupt in ur eyes, will u be comfortable if he is made a minister?
This is not about APC or PDP, we are killing our National Conscience.
I can see u are a sensible person to talk with. In the first instance ,koro has no corruption case against him. Please verify ur record. He is one of the few nigerian politicians who has been able to play his game smart and clean. He has never indicted or taken to court. Gej cannot rule nigeria according to the whims and dictates of apc. Let the rule of law takes its normal course ,if apc thinks there is a reason why koro shouldn't be made a minister let them go to court. They are the ones presenting someone who lied under oath about his academic background and when ppl were shouting what was apc response? They said anyone can go to court .
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by onatisi(m): 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

Make una dey fear God o. How can you compare Tinubu and Koro? one has just been made a minister bros easy na
yes one has just be made a minister while tinubu was gunning for the vice president slot.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by MuleekBeedex13(m): 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
It is only Jonathan's regime u see criminals returning to the helm of affairs angry
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by onatisi(m): 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
lohresloco:
ah, my point exactly, those who know don't scream..... Simple. Those who have power are never noisy
u dey mind dem? Empty barrels makes the loudest noise.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by bayulll01(m): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
dein77:

You can still pass your comments without unnecessarily sounding bitter and condescending. We have to learn to live with all kinds of people. We must learn to guard and manage our emotions; it's a vital part of intelligence and maturity.

Yes. Your points are carried. But has any court effectively proven those allegations levelled against Koro? NO.

Please, desist from insulting people. By end of this month, elections don pass!

Bitter hell no,but u seems to be loosing your mind when things that's not suppose to be hear off happened in nigeria daily,your president came out openly without doing some findings and shred the information saying it is a ploy by the opposition,when the senate invite diezini your president save her and said she's clean,and u think all these are normal,in 21st century
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by 3kay945(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
apc will lose the heaviest in areas they think they will win highest . Just wait and see

maybe in your wildest nightmare.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by onatisi(m): 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
3kay945:

maybe in your wildest nightmare.
typical apc mentality. Bragging without any substance . Just wait and see .
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Marotzke(m): 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
bayulll01:

Bitter hell no,but u seems to be loosing your mind when things that's not suppose to be hear off happened in nigeria daily,your president came out openly without doing some findings and shred the information saying it is a ploy by the opposition,when the senate invite diezini your president save her and said she's clean,and u think all these are normal,in 21st century
And for that, you wish to die? Or are you ignorant of the implication of your prayer that God should take you away? Away to Where?
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Chigold101(m): 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
chemali:

APC lawmakers walked out in protest cos they were overruled by David Mark. Jonathan should not have even nominated him in the first place!
why did you say so? Every Nigerian is qualified to be nominated for any post once he/she has the qualification needed.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Montaque(m): 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
I can see u are a sensible person to talk with. In the first instance ,koro has no corruption case against him. Please verify ur record. He is one of the few nigerian politicians who has been able to play his game smart and clean. He has never indicted or taken to court. Gej cannot rule nigeria according to the whims and dictates of apc. Let the rule of law takes its normal course ,if apc thinks there is a reason why koro shouldn't be made a minister let them go to court. They are the ones presenting someone who lied under oath about his academic background and when ppl were shouting what was apc response? They said anyone can go to court .
the same way we are insisting that GMB should clear his certificate Saga is the same way we are saying that Koro should answer the allegation about his shady acts in ekiti as heard on the released tapes.
This is not about the party,its for posterity.
The opposition's voice anywhere is for record purposes, for those that will ask questions in future.
Some of the people in that meeting in ekiti apologised after, what has koro done?
He rather wanted to threaten us into quietness.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by obailala(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
fosign:
Likewise GMB,show me GMB's friends(Tinubu, Amaech, Atiku,Rochas) etc and i will tell u who he is. Birds of a feather flock together. Both PDP and APC are all the same,they are all corrupt. so u guys should stop preachin change. because with the likes of Tinubu and co, we cant have that change.
They are all guilty of one form of corruption or d order.

There was a reason why GMB did not choose Amaechi as his running mate even though Amaechi was really a favoured candidate. It was simply in response to public opinion that Amaechi is dubious.

However much can't be said about Jonathan who seems to be under a very strong voodoo spell that leads him to ONLY choose and retain dubious characters in the most exalted positions. That my friend, is the difference between both candidates.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by dewstar: 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
chemali:

The decision to have Obanikoro confirmed wasn't his to take alone! His statement that he would not preside over a chamber where the tradition that predated him would be destroyed despite popular opposition to it is anti-democratic.

What popular opposition? How do you define popular?
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by onatisi(m): 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
Montaque:
the same way we are insisting that GMB should clear his certificate Saga is the same way we are saying that Koro should answer the allegation about his shady acts in ekiti as heard on the released tapes.
This is not about the party,its for posterity.
The opposition's voice anywhere is for record purposes, for those that will ask questions in future.
Some of the people in that meeting in ekiti apologised after, what has koro done?
He rather wanted to threaten us into quietness.
koro has no apologise for anyone ,he has taken sahara to court because he believes he has no case to answer. Why has buhari refused to pproduce his certificate ?he said he will produce it before the 14th of feb ,he didn't and he was given another 6weeks grace yet nothing. Apc strategy seems to be working well on ppl and ppl are gradually forgetting about it ,does that make it right. When it comes to pdp issues people start talking about posterity but when it is apc matters ,everyone keeps quiet . 90% of those shouting sai buhari are in lagos ,we shall see if lagos will determine who rules nigeria

1 Like

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by FrankOguns(m): 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ekiti election was never rigged, Ekiti people wanted Fayose back
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Montaque(m): 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
onatisi:
koro has no apologise for anyone ,he has taken sahara to court because he believes he has no case to answer. Why has buhari refused to pproduce his certificate ?he said he will produce it before the 14th of feb ,he didn't and he was given another 6weeks grace yet nothing. Apc strategy seems to be working well on ppl and ppl are gradually forgetting about it ,does that make it right. When it comes to pdp issues people start talking about posterity but when it is apc matters ,everyone keeps quiet . 90% of those shouting sai buhari are in lagos ,we shall see if lagos will determine who rules nigeria
Are u conceding that there was truly a case in court to determine Koro's culpability?
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by dewstar: 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
obailala:

There was a reason why GMB did not choose Amaechi as his running mate even though Amaechi was really a favoured candidate. It was simply in response to public opinion that Amaechi is dubious.

The power to choose a vp candidate for GMB did not rest on GMB's hands (forget the media jamboree), it rested on Tinubu's hands. Tinubu had other politically expedient reasons for choosing Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by psalmsjob: 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
dein77:

Bro, na our lawmakers endorse am na....APC lawmakers sef dey there. No be GEJ ooo

1. It is GEJ that sent his name to the lawmakers for approval.

2. The APC lawmakers walkout of the session they did not join the PDP in making a known criminal a Minister in Nigeria

#SaiBuhari #SaiAPC
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by onatisi(m): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Montaque:
Are u conceding that there was truly a case in court to determine Koro's culpability?
there was and there is no court case to determine his culpability. Ironicallt it is koro that has sued sahara reporters to court for defamation of character.
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by bayulll01(m): 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Marotzke:
And for that, you wish to die? Or are you ignorant of the implication of your prayer that God should take you away? Away to Where?

Pathetic and your point is,seems you have the same brain as your president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Banky W: New Result Is Fake, PDP Leaders Are Intervening - Aide / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / Mark Zuckerberg Meets Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.