Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow (31203 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Musiliu Obanikoro's Plan To Join APC / EFCC Raids Musiliu Obanikoro’s Homes In Ikoyi, Lagos (photo) / See What Chris Ngige Did Today With Other Senators After Taking A Bow(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by benizu(m): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
The Nigerian Senate on Wednesday confirmed Musiliu Obanikoro as a federal minister, appointed by President Goodluck Jonathan, brushing aside allegations that Mr. Obanikoro played a key role in election fraud in Ekiti State.

Mr. Obanikoro was named recently in a leaked tape as a principal actor in the state’s governorship election rigging in 2014, sparking national outrage.

The Nigerian government has refused to investigate the claims.

The Senate approved Mr. Obanikoro’s nomination as a minister, Wednesday, after repeated deferments, despite protests from senators from Lagos State, Mr. Obanikoro’s home state, and other opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, who had vowed to stop the clearance over the Ekiti scandal.

As a former senator himself, the Senate allowed Mr. Obanikoro to “take a bow and go”, without answering questions, a privilege reserved for former federal lawmakers.

APC lawmakers responded by walking out of the session in protest.

source
https://twitter.com/pdpmediaroom247/status/575628208084815873

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178286-breaking-senate-confirms-obanikoro-as-minister-despite-ekitigate-scandal.html

10 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
APC we have news here.. I know some people's blood pressure has risen above normalcy on hearing this news.

Kai! PDP drawing APC's oil since the time of David & Goliath..

If this comment pain u, abeg chop stone. Wusai!!

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Reddit: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
Congratulations Senator Obanikoro for your appointment as a Minister for the Federal Republic of Nigeria once more.

APC should hide their heads in shame.

Power doesn't make noise, the more the noise the less the power.

Losers

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by DaBullIT(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
As usual endorsing terrorism and touts

GEJ weldone o

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by kestolove95(m): 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
Only in nigeria tinz like dix. Happen..
We really need change

123 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by benizu(m): 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
APC Senators abandon the Senate. As is always, whenever a democratic process doesn't favor them, they abandon their duties & walkaway.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
APC are only good at making noise.That is how GEJ would be asked to take a bow and continue come March 28 or whatever day the eelctions are held

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Bluepamex: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
I said it that APC are empty Cans that make the loudest noice.I knew the Senate would screen koro and heaven will not fall .

41 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by saintTim(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
kestolove95:
Only in nigeria tinz like dix. Happen..
We really need change

Removes wallet..
How much is your change ?

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by MrPeterson(m): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
I dont want to believe this, until i see a more reliable confirmation
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by joedrae(m): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
It is well. This happens only in Nigeria...

No matter how they try, Time will tell and i'm super sure that all that time will give is FAILURE to those who want Nigeria to fail.

#IstandForPeace

18 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by dein77(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
DaBullIT:
As usual endorsing terrorism and touts

GEJ weldone o

Bro, na our lawmakers endorse am na....APC lawmakers sef dey there. No be GEJ ooo

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by chemali: 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
dein77:

Bro, na our lawmakers endorse am na....APC lawmakers sef dey there. No be GEJ ooo

In spite of fierce opposition from lawmakers of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the senate on Wednesday screened Musiliu Obanikoro for a ministerial position. He was asked to take the customary “bow” – a preferential treatment for former senators – effectively confirming him as a minister. A row had broken out at the senate over the screening. The first attempt last week had ended in chaos. Obanikoro, former minister of state for defence, resigned his position last year to seek the Lagos governorship ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) but lost to Jimi Agbaje. His renomination by President Goodluck Jonathan was opposed by senators of the APC over his role in the use of soldiers alleged to have manipulated the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti state. Gbenga Ashafa, the senator representing Lagos east, had raised a point of order challenging the attempt to screen Obanikoro. Ashafa, who said Obanikoro has a pending case in court, brought out a copy of The Nation Newspaper to butress his point. He further said David Mark, president of the senate and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), were joined in the suit. But Mark ruled him out of order, saying the court is yet to serve him in that regard. “You don’t serve me on the pages of the newspaper. As far as I am concerned, there is no case in court, so I rule you out of order,” Mark said.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/just-row-senate-obanikoro

David Mark is an enemy of democracy

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by davdjayj: 1:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
“You don’t serve me on the pages of the newspaper. As far as I am concerned, there is no case in court, so I rule you out of order,” Mark said.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/just-row-senate-obanikoro

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by DaBullIT(m): 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
dein77:

Before nko what will you say?

If GEJ ordered it, will they refuse?

4 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
undecided
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by proxitaly: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
na so e be for naija

2 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by AmakaDNB(f): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Soon, this country will finally be liberated from the shackles of MUMUISM.

14 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
If Oga at the top says yes, no allegations against you can make anyone else say NO.

GEJ, the oga at the top.

16 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by hendy05: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ok. Next
Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by oyedun82(m): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Same set of corrupt leaders

6 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by efilefun(m): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Just cant wait for this clueless corrupt and the most worst government in nigeria to vacate Aso Rock!!!!!! Haba Nigeria is now a joke.

Imagine our reputation in foreign countries under this clueless government.... God come save this blessed country from the hands of the wicked and power hungry devils who have made up their mind to suck this country dry and ruin it

8 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Comsol: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
After all the noise form the opposition? This really shows how 'strong' they are.

19 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by yeahh(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hahaha
Apc go be like ' when was he a Senator ' shocked grin

7 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by chemali: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
dein77:

APC lawmakers walked out in protest cos they were overruled by David Mark. Jonathan should not have even nominated him in the first place!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by tolexy007(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
despite all d APC noise, i even tink dey will disrupt d House if Obanikoro is finally Appointed as Minister... undecided

6 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Dannyset(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
Naija I hail thee.

4 Likes

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by Joniboi(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
He will only be a Minister for 79days cos come May 29th he and all enemies of our democracy will be cooling off in Kirikiri.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musiliu Obanikoro Is Screened & Asked To Take A Bow by ayusco85(m): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Rigging is not corruption says the clueless man from otueke.

#WeWantChange

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thugs Attack & Beat Up Channels TV Cameraman Covering Osun Workers Clash (Pic) / Shiite Muslims Protesting In Abuja (Photos) / Strike: Why We Parted Ways With NLC –TUC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.