Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,210 members, 7,836,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? (26319 Views)

Be informed ,Enjoy extra Juicy Income with Zero Cost Grab This Offer Asap / Do I Accept This Offer? / Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 12, 2015
Lol u guys...

Pls..any job you get, take it....

A target like 150million per year is nothing at all..trust me.

Although no company expects one marketer to pull that, it is only meant to push you to work....

But come to think of it, how much do you think is the yearly target for Dangote, Globacom and MTN?

And that is how it starts...when you begin to believe things are possible.

Sending you to the north bla bla bla is not that bad...the road to success isn't a bed of roses....why do you think NYSC gives us a rough start? To prepare us for the real job.

Can you imagine the opportunities for you in the long run?

Many times we admire MDs and CEOs..forgetting thatcmany of them paid the price just to prove that they can make the impossible possible.

Did you check out how MKO Abiola started?...

My dear, working in a company is not about earnong 600K per month...it is ablout learning their business secrets and pulling off your own stunts in the future. Especially when you make a name for yourself in the market

2 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 10:34am On Mar 12, 2015
queensmith:

LOL no be so? How can indians come and be doing Nigerians anyhow?

I never work with Indians before ..I no fit stand garlic smells and those their shrines

Lol

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 10:38am On Mar 12, 2015
BiHung:
Lol u guys...

Pls..any job you get, take it....

A target like 150million per year is nothing at all..trust me.

Although no company expects one marketer to pull that, it is only meant to push you to work....

But come to think of it, how much do you think is the yearly target for Dangote, Globacom and MTN?

And that is how it starts...when you begin to believe things are possible.

Sending you to the north bla bla bla is not that bad...the road to success isn't a bed of roses....why do you think NYSC gives us a rough start? To prepare us for the real job.

Can you imagine the opportunities for you in the long run?

Many times we admire MDs and CEOs..forgetting thatcmany of them paid the price just to prove that they can make the impossible possible.

Did you check out how MKO Abiola started?...

My dear, working in a company is not about earnong 600K per month...it is ablout learning their business secrets and pulling off your own stunts in the future. Especially when you make a name for yourself in the market

Na montly Target selling washing machines in north

who WAN buy am.....na abo.ki go buy

I just laugh and wetin pain me be say they job i don pass that level years and dem come give the vacancy one better fine name like that...the guys that came to the interview were all working, just few of us like 5 guys, they all rejected the offer..i realised that we have some correct men in this country
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 10:39am On Mar 12, 2015
MadCow1:

This your article was painful to read..

Your Grammar is quite tough to read..

your just MadCow and that has shown it

lol
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Abee79(m): 10:42am On Mar 12, 2015
After my Youth Service some years ago in Lagos, I attended the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) Meeting at the Ikeja Branch. Newcomers were asked to introduce themselves, stating name and their office address. I came to my turn and I mentioned the fact that I don't work anywhere yet. After the meeting, a one of the Senior Lawyers met me and asked if I was interested in working in his firm, I said yes. We arranged a meeting for that evening. He asked me a lot of questions about my personal and academic background. He also grilled me on issues in Corporate Governance (which I was not too conversant about at that time; That encounter sparked my interest in it). He offered me the job for a monthly pay of N30,000 (Thirty Thousand Naira). That was 2007 [I would cost me about N37,000 to transport myself to the Office for a month, excluding feeding and accommodation]. He bragged that he was offering more than most Law Firms in Lagos were paying young inexperienced lawyers. He told me that in the real sense, I should be the one paying him for giving me the rare opportunity to learn under His Eminence.

1st Day at Work
I resumed work the following Monday at 7:00am. He arrived shortly after 8:00am and gave me some pleadings to draft. He went out and returned to the office around 4:00pm. I submitted the task I was assigned and sat at my desk. By 6:00pm I went to tell Oga, His Eminence that I was closing for the day. I flared "What nonsense is this? How can you close at this time? Don't think you will be closing early like this everyday!!!!". That since it was my first day at work, he will overlook my sins, but it must not repeat itself ever again. I thanked him and left. I felt humiliated and exploited even.

2nd Day at Work - Resignation Day!
I resumed 7:00am as usual. Oga walked in a few minutes after 8:00am. Instructed me to write some letters to valued clients. He left and returned shortly after 4:00pm. I went to his office and submitted the draft letters. As he was reviewing them, I told him I was leaving. He started flaring up again, but before he went far, I made it clear that I did not want to work for him again. He immediately became remorseful and asked me why. I listed a few: the terms of the employment was unfair; he was too harsh; I was not too desperate; God will provide another better job for me . . .
He started pleading and begging me. He even promised to increase my salary to N50,000. I said no, thanked him for 'believing' in me and I walked out a happy man, with my dignity intact!

Prologue
A few days latter, I was offered a FAR BETTER JOB by the Ogun State Government. I still maintain close contact with My Learned Senior, and I keep him updated of my progress in life.

Lessons Learnt
1. No man controls your destiny. That is the exclusive preserve of God! (well, except you decide to mess it up yourself)
2. It does not cost God anything to bless a man;
3. When you have the opportunity to help someone and you neglect to do it, God will raise help for that person from another place, and you will not share the glory;
4. Allowing desperation to control your choices will only lead you into slavery and despair;
5. The fact that things are not working now does not mean nothing will ever work! cool

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by AdamuUcheOla: 10:45am On Mar 12, 2015
MadCow1:

This your article was painful to read..

Your Grammar is quite tough to read..

Pot calling kettle.....the more appropriate word in this context is 'difficult' rather than 'tough'. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 10:45am On Mar 12, 2015
johnny1980:
Op. I understand your frustration but you sound like someone who thinks less of others and a tribal bigot.

In one nasty north? Somewhere you have never been or stayed before. No where is God damned or nasty and you would do well to enlighten yourself about that. Thousands if not millions of your brethren stay and enjoy their lives in those locations you are castigating.

noted....enlighten us pls

thank you for the observation
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 10:46am On Mar 12, 2015
AdamuUcheOla:

Pot calling kettle.....the more appropriate word in this context is 'difficult' rather than 'tough'. smiley

thank you dear
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by redcliff: 10:47am On Mar 12, 2015
emmysoftyou:
150million as target in a mnth?
Eventho is 150,ooo in a mnth?
i wil take it,collect my salary and expect my sack letter.
then i wil use their salary they paid me to start job hunting again..
that s the secrets of a street soldier..
i wil keep telling them and given them excuse

This is quite (d)ap(f)t

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 10:51am On Mar 12, 2015
the best post

I have rejected many offers right in front of the HR , yes i have a job i enjoy but i hate desperation and i cant allow anything even any man take away my dignity

you can take away everything from a ma, he is still a ma but when you take away his ego and dignity that man is done and gone

UNN motto is.... TO RESTORE THE DIGNITY OF THE MAN. i love that motto

NICE SUBMISSION BRO

Abee79:
After my Youth Service some years ago in Lagos, I attended the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) Meeting at the Ikeja Branch. Newcomers were asked to introduce themselves, stating name and their office address. I came to my turn and I mentioned the fact that I don't work anywhere yet. After the meeting, a one of the Senior Lawyers met me and asked if I was interested in working in his firm, I said yes. We arranged a meeting for that evening. He asked me a lot of questions about my personal and academic background. He also grilled me on issues in Corporate Governance (which I was not too conversant about at that time; That encounter sparked my interest in it). He offered me the job for a monthly pay of N30,000 (Thirty Thousand Naira). That was 2007 [I would cost me about N37,000 to transport myself to the Office for a month, excluding feeding and accommodation]. He bragged that he was offering more than most Law Firms in Lagos were paying young inexperienced lawyers. He told me that in the real sense, I should be the one paying him for giving me the rare opportunity to learn under His Eminence.

1st Day at Work
I resumed work the following Monday at 7:00am. He arrived shortly after 8:00am and gave me some pleadings to draft. He went out and returned to the office around 4:00pm. I submitted the task I was assigned and sat at my desk. By 6:00pm I went to tell Oga, His Eminence that I was closing for the day. I flared "What nonsense is this? How can you close at this time? Don't think you will be closing early like this everyday!!!!". That since it was my first day at work, he will overlook my sins, but it must not repeat itself ever again. I thanked him and left. I felt humiliated and exploited even.

2nd Day at Work - Resignation Day!
I resumed 7:00am as usual. Oga walked in a few minutes after 8:00am. Instructed me to write some letters to valued clients. He left and returned shortly after 4:00pm. I went to his office and submitted the draft letters. As he was reviewing them, I told him I was leaving. He started flaring up again, but before he went far, I made it clear that I did not want to work for him again. He immediately became remorseful and asked me why. I listed a few: the terms of the employment was unfair; he was too harsh; I was not too desperate; God will provide another better job for me . . .
He started pleading and begging me. He even promised to increase my salary to N50,000. I said no, thanked him for 'believing' in me and I walked out a happy man, with my dignity intact!

Prologue
A few days latter, I was offered a FAR BETTER JOB by the Ogun State Government. I still maintain close contact with My Learned Senior, and I keep him updated of my progress in life.

Lessons Learnt
1. No man controls your destiny. That is the exclusive preserve of God! (well, except you decide to mess it up yourself)
2. It does not cost God anything to bless a man;
3. When you have the opportunity to help someone and you neglect to do it, God will raise help for that person from another place, and you will not share the glory;
4. Allowing desperation to control your choices will only lead you into slavery and despair;
5. The fact that things are not working now does not mean nothing will ever work! cool

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 12, 2015
Abt five yrs ago having just finish secondary sch wit no admission yet i decided to look 4 wrk to do. I got one wit a distributing firm, which has to do wit selling soap.

First problem i encountered was that there was no means of transport (normally they do provide bus wit music to market d product). We were expected to walk d lenght and breadth of d town to market.

Secondly, i tried the market to sell to wholesalers only to discover that they also have d product at a even cheaper rate that was wen i realised they were serious when they told us our target are the final consumer.

After suffering 4 hrs wit nothing to show 4 it and no salary (only commission), i carry there kaya go meet them.

Remembering d stress i went through b4 even getting d job (SHM), had to carry my papa there to b my guarantor.
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by PLEXPLEX(m): 11:13am On Mar 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
I just want to know what you think of this..i went for an interview and I met this lady, I must say she is very nasty and the people that I met in interview room told me that she has an attitude problem. I called them bluffs. Now when it got to my turn to be interviewed, I realized that the lady is just daft. The job was to be market personnel in another city and that place isn’t where I am based. To get on my nerves the firm is run by Indians or these Asians and I must be honest I detest working with them. I have had a lot of nasty tales about them.
To cut the long story short, the lady told me that I will get to another level of interview, after that If I am employed that they will give me a target of 150 million to sell some damned electronic in one nasty northern zone and Abuja. That they expect me to hit the ground running. I just looked at her, I laughed. I asked her what about my accommodation, she said that I am expected to cater for my accommodation in the new place and new town and if I don’t meet up the target the first month that I will be fired. At that point I got so bitter with her nasty attitude, I told her point blank that the electronic product isn’t a premium product and for me to market that product I need to study the market and competitors. As an igbo man that understand business and street marketing. I need to taste the waters. ..

To cut the long story short…I told her that I am not interested in her(their) offer. She was dazed and surprised. Maybe she have been used to people been desperate for jobs and enslaved, as for me hell no!!! I went back to my office. Now the question I want to ask is that have you ever rejected an offer that is ridiculous and enslavement job in from of the interview person?
Let’s talk about it so that those looking for job should understand what dignity and ego means, but this should be only when you have a job at hand.

HOW MUCH WAS THE SALARY?
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by lordmario(m): 11:26am On Mar 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Let’s talk about it so that those looking for job should understand what dignity and ego means, but this should be only when you have a job at hand.
I have walked out of two marketing jobs because of dia ridiculous targets and working conditions even though I don't have a job. I'd rather go "learn trade" than work my destiny off

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

noted....enlighten us pls

thank you for the observation

The north except for the occasional insecurity and civil unrest during elections is one of the cheapest places to live and earn a living in Nigeria. Forget the stereotypes you hear, you get almost everything i.e foodstuffs fresh and at extremely cheap prices . Housing, feeding and moving around would be the least thing you would have to worry about as it would take less than 25 percent of your earnings living in most northern cities.

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by MadCow1: 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
AdamuUcheOla:

Nice try..

But I maintain that it was extremely painful to read. Yeah! I was in so much emotional pain reading the article.
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by MadCow1: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
Well your mad cow lol

Why don't you just ignore and move on

Lol

You still continue to inflict more pains on me, Why!? cry

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
johnny1980:

The north except for the occasional insecurity and civil unrest during elections is one of the cheapest places to live and earn a living in Nigeria. Forget the stereotypes you hear, you get almost everything i.e foodstuffs fresh and at extremely cheap prices . Housing, feeding and moving around would be the least thing you would have to worry about as it would take less than 25 percent of your earnings living in most northern cities.

tahts impressive, but the security and religious intolerance isnt impressive

thanks for your submission
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
MadCow1:

You still continue to inflict more pains on me, Why!? cry

How lol?
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
lordmario:

I have walked out of two marketing jobs because of dia ridiculous targets and working conditions even though I don't have a job. I'd rather go "learn trade" than work my destiny off

thats ok, marketing jobs are good but you have to be careful, I started as a marketer so you got to love it
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by MadCow1: 12:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

How lol?

Never mind bro...

Atleast I got the message you were trying to pass across.
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by tonychristopher: 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
MadCow1:

Never mind bro...

Atleast I got the message you were trying to pass across.

now you are reasoning like a sane cow

lol
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by AdamuUcheOla: 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
MadCow1:

Nice try..

But I maintain that it was extremely painful to read. Yeah! I was in so much emotional pain reading the article.

Drama queen :-)

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by MadCow1: 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
AdamuUcheOla:

Drama queen :-)

My pain was real.. grin
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by AdamuUcheOla: 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
MadCow1:

My pain was real.. grin

grin
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by MadCow1: 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

now you are reasoning like a sane cow

lol

What are you on about?
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by koladebrainiac(m): 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
I just want to know what you think of this..i went for an interview and I met this lady, I must say she is very nasty and the people that I met in interview room told me that she has an attitude problem. I called them bluffs. Now when it got to my turn to be interviewed, I realized that the lady is just daft. The job was to be market personnel in another city and that place isn’t where I am based. To get on my nerves the firm is run by Indians or these Asians and I must be honest I detest working with them. I have had a lot of nasty tales about them.
To cut the long story short, the lady told me that I will get to another level of interview, after that If I am employed that they will give me a target of 150 million to sell some damned electronic in one nasty northern zone and Abuja. That they expect me to hit the ground running. I just looked at her, I laughed. I asked her what about my accommodation, she said that I am expected to cater for my accommodation in the new place and new town and if I don’t meet up the target the first month that I will be fired. At that point I got so bitter with her nasty attitude, I told her point blank that the electronic product isn’t a premium product and for me to market that product I need to study the market and competitors. As an igbo man that understand business and street marketing. I need to taste the waters. ..

To cut the long story short…I told her that I am not interested in her(their) offer. She was dazed and surprised. Maybe she have been used to people been desperate for jobs and enslaved, as for me hell no!!! I went back to my office. Now the question I want to ask is that have you ever rejected an offer that is ridiculous and enslavement job in from of the interview person?

my friend whom i refer to one outsourcing agency for marketing Job rejected his offer too. that was last two days ago. he said the bank, Diamond bank were looking for direct sales agent. he said they were about 200 hundred applicants . and they told them point blank that salary scale is 28thousand naira for GRADUATE OOO. I BE LIKE. ARE YOU SERIOUS? He said during the interview, he was asked how much can he bring to the bank in a week, he told them 3milion... but the man smiled that 3milion is tooo small that the week target 8milion.... hahah. i wan cry . he said he just told them straight that he give the job to his kid in a low voice and calmly walked out of the room. can you imagine? just 2days ago fa

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by lordmario(m): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

thats ok, marketing jobs are good but you have to be careful, I started as a marketer so you got to love it
I wish I could but unfortunately..... #sighs .....

2 Likes

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by Oiselenjakhian(m): 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]dreamquestmultimedia.com[/url] is my company website. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by ceedeez: 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2015
Thou shall not use the name of thy lord in vain"chisos"
heatmeup:
chisos this is really bad i tell you

1 Like

Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by emmysoftyou: 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
Tosinayoko:
its obvious u lack experience. Will dey pay u if u did not meet up d target for the month? NEVER!
it s obviously yuu are the one who lack xperience too,
yu and ur company had an agreement,
the agreement is that the work is base on salary but if yu didnt meet up after one mnth then yu wil be sack,abi? Fine.
Ok i ve taking the job,and i didnt make up to 15o milion as expectation but i worked to meet up to that figure and i failed,
pay me my salary as part of the agreement we had,
cos it was not stated there in the agreement slip that if i didnt meet up with 15omilion,u wont pay me my salary but only noted that i wil be sack,and that s all while my life move on,

they took their job but they cannot take away my certificate frm me.
bull shhit..
Re: Would You Take Up This Offer If You Were In My Position? by junell(f): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
The man who called you for this interview is his name Ifeanyi Onyemere?

inception101:
let me chip in my little experience.... a man called sometimes last month and told me he saw my resume and he's impressed, i said thanks and he said its quite unfortunate that the post i applied for (senior customer care rep) is not available at the moment but their is one vacant post he would want me to fill.. we discussed further and he said the remuneration is 60k and i said it would be best if we could discuss one on one and he obliged and we fixed a date... fast forward to the said meeting, i called him and he decided we should hook up in an eatery-so we met and discussed. the funny part was he said i will be in charge of the whole bizz(dry cleaning store) i will work as a P.A, Pick up and delivery guy, telesales person, HR personnel, Operation manager and the list goes on and i said OK. he now asked if i have any question and i said with all the job description he mentioned whats the take home? he now asked how much he said on fone and i said 60k and he said 60k must have been a slip of tongue that he meant 50k and i laughed........... i laughed so loud that he asked why i was laughing and i told him that asides passion the next motivational factor is MONEY that the said 60k sef is too small and he said a car would be give to me and i asked that hope i wont be the one paying for maintenance and fueling since the money is meager and he said that if i can work wit him for few years that i would really enjoy him that he has other plans to acquire more businesses and properties..... i told him i cant settle for the said amount and then again he said he doesnt like people that talks too much about money and i walked out and sent him a text afterwards ""sorry for wasting your time''''.............. i just strolled down to my office

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Be Wise! They Will Never Advertise Vacancies But They Want Your Patronage / CV/Resume Tips To Get The Interview / NBC 2015 Management Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.