Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Diarrhea In Dogs - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diarrhea In Dogs (1203 Views)

Can Someone Pls Tell Me The Disadvantages Of Inbreeding In Dogs / Early Signs Of Pregnancy In Dogs / Tips On Neutralising Poisons In Dogs, Other Animals And Even Humans....Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diarrhea In Dogs by Prodeegee(m): 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
Today I'll be talking about Diarrhea in Dogs. This is an aspect most people overlook or don't pay attention to and is very important, especially for puppy owners.
For an Adult Dog, it's mostly temporary. In puppies, it's a different ball game. Noticing your dog's poop texture can be the difference between life and death in some cases.

I've had people who had lost their lovely pet for lack of interest in their poop. This is mostly seen in people who have a large compound/yard and their dog's have different spots to loo...even without their notice.

Causes Of Diarrhea in Dogs

Change in diet
Intestinal worms
Unhealthy Food/water
Sickness (such as Parvo)...etc

These are some of the Causes of diarrhea in Dogs. In Adults, diarrhea is temporary and the dog goes normal after a few days. But in puppies, whatever the cause of diarrhea is could lead to a severe sickness and possibly death in cases of Parvo. No form of diarrhea should be taken lightly in puppies.

Treatment of Diarrhea in Puppies

In Adults, withdraw food from the dog for 24-48hours and make sure the dog has access to clean water during this period.

In puppies, consult your vet ASAP. Do not try any home remedy so as not to complicate the issue.

source:http://www..com/2015/03/diarrhea-in-dogs.html
Re: Diarrhea In Dogs by smileysmiles(f): 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
reminds me of my first few visits to the vet when my dog was ill, the dude kept asking,

'how's his urine? Is it much or not? What color is it? Is it yellow or dark brown? How's his poop?? Is it watery? Does it go grey? Does it smell tongue .

In my mind i was thinkin, is dis guy well like this? Wetin concern me and poop and piss? Is dat the treatment i brot him here for?. Lol. Turns out it matters!

@Prodeegee good job
Re: Diarrhea In Dogs by Prodeegee(m): 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
smileysmiles:
reminds me of my first few visits to the vet when my dog was ill, the dude kept asking,

'how's his urine? Is it much or not? What color is it? Is it yellow or dark brown? How's his poop?? Is it watery? Does it go grey? Does it smell tongue .

In my mind i was thinkin, is dis guy well like this? Wetin concern me and poop and piss? Is dat the treatment i brot him here for?. Lol. Turns out it matters!

@Prodeegee good job

yeah it does alot. thanks maam
Re: Diarrhea In Dogs by Prodeegee(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2015

(1) (Reply)

4+week Fluffy Butter Mix Samoyed Pup / . / Solid GSD Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.