Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians (39688 Views)

Samuel Eto'o Marries Georgette Tra Lou In A Lavish White Wedding In Italy / What Happened To Samuel Eto'o After Honouring Yobo Will Shock you / Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by musicwriter(m): 12:33am On Mar 13, 2015
This's pure case of racism just using Nigeria as an excuse. If you probe more into this allegation you'll discover the shop had no encounter with Nigerians. Oprah Winfrey was also denied access to a £54,000 hand bag some years ago in Switzerland because the salesgirl thought she couldn't afford it being a black woman. Europe have serious racial problems.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by blessedvisky(m): 12:33am On Mar 13, 2015
ok
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by nortcentrallord(m): 12:33am On Mar 13, 2015
They are very stupid. I guess Eto is from Nigeria and I guess they don't have a verification machine that verifies credit cards. These Oyibo people after destroying Africa and stealing from us thinks they can be insulting Africans. Bloody racists. Well, no matter how they insult Africans, their women still love us.

7 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 12:36am On Mar 13, 2015
How does she know that it was Nigerians who came with fake credit card ?

What are their names and have they been caught?

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Kentrasso(f): 12:37am On Mar 13, 2015
Nigerians be spoiling our name everywhere. You people should take time o. and consider those of us who are actually hustling to make a honest living and a clean name. It's really unfair

2 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by genxris: 12:38am On Mar 13, 2015
Some Nigerians are out to spoile what is left of our already battered name all the time, some people are only out to seek for who to defraud or steal from in the name of making money..

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Kentrasso(f): 12:42am On Mar 13, 2015
edufreshy:
unbelievable. ...

How can you compare such an animal to that cute baby. There's no correlation whatsoever

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by IYANGBALI: 12:43am On Mar 13, 2015
Seun pls do you know those Nigerians that went to that shop to embarass us?if you do kindly forward their names to baba peace for necessary action
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by 190theclown: 12:45am On Mar 13, 2015
na wizkid e go be because hes always buying his gold jewelleries off that same london shop

na wiz kid undecided

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by pld4reel(m): 12:52am On Mar 13, 2015
myhoodlink:

Same question bro. Moreover, they said he lives close to the shop which means he is known on and off the pitch. This story get k-leg sha. All is well.

....buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

Not everyone here watch football and you don't just go around the neighborhood announcing that you are a start.

No one give a Bingo about who you are, Everyone just do their thing
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by DerKaiser: 12:54am On Mar 13, 2015
Same, almost exact thing happened to me and my brother.

My oldest brother, on the way to the US decided to stop over in London to see my Sister and also asked me to come over to his hotel in London to see him too.

I was a student then in Germany. I boarded a cheap flight to London immediately.

After my brother picked me up we headed straight to Oxford center as he wanted to buy some suits for his trip and a ladies pant suit for his wife.

Being a guy with an insanely high taste, we entered a shop which looked quite exquisite. I felt really uncomfortable being there as I would normally have nothing to do in such expensive shops (I am already used to the Peek & Cloppenburgs and C&As, being a student then) but knowing my bro, he wouldn't go anywhere less.

Anyway, long story short, the shop we entered was teeming with high class looking Arabs and Whites but I and my Bro were the only blacks there and to make matters worse, he was putting on only a T-shirt, Jean short and Sneaks while every body there was in suit or trench coats and Emirates Arab attires.

A particular white lady kept stylishly following us. After a while, I asked my bro if he has noticed the woman following us and he replied in the affirmative without taking a glance.

After we picked all that we wanted with bills running into 3600 pounds, we arrived the counter to pay and that is where the drama started.

My bro pulled a Visa credit card issued in Nigeria by then Citibank and the lady at the counter flatly refused it without even swiping it.

My brother insisted, even though he had another foreign credit card. They refused and I got aggravated and wanted to raise my voice but my bro told me to chill while smiling.

Next they started asking for my brother's ID and he asked them for what and they replied for security purpose and he refused.

While this was happening, two hefty security guys were already perching next to us with the female manager appearing to call the police.

Seeing that the situation was getting tense, I asked my bro to drop the damn goods and let's leave but at that time, he reached for his Rucksack and brought out what I suspected to be 5000 pounds bundle and paid for the clothes. They counted it with the machine and crossed checked it's authenticity more than thrice before accepting it.

Then they suddenly changed to all smiles and started to try apologising for the embarrassment but my brother sternly asked them to kindly pack up his goods and let us leave.

That single experience made me to despise that country England and everything it stands for. Some of the most rętarded people I have ever come across.

Worse of all, their whole damned country looks like Lagos, complete rubbish but their ego and prejudice are out of this world.

13 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by M4gunners: 1:01am On Mar 13, 2015
I just finish watching it from CNN world sports. Very bad i must say.
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by ademusiwa2: 1:01am On Mar 13, 2015
Just like Nigeria scam the Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria.
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by fwwins(m): 1:03am On Mar 13, 2015
How did she know that the people that came with a fake credit card were Nigerians ?

What are their names and have they been caught?

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by unmask: 1:04am On Mar 13, 2015
am I the only one that saw where it was written that the saleswoman was black?

so it's a black stereotyping a black. just as we stereotype fake products to igbo boys in naija

so no biggie

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by unmask: 1:06am On Mar 13, 2015
nortcentrallord:
They are very stupid. I guess Eto is from Nigeria and I guess they don't have a verification machine that verifies credit cards. These Oyibo people after destroying Africa and stealing from us thinks they can be insulting Africans. Bloody racists. Well, no matter how they insult Africans, their women still love us.
hello o.....the saleswoman is black not oyinbo
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by adamskutty(m): 1:17am On Mar 13, 2015
londongal02:
Am sorry Etochukwu blame it on zoological republic baboons and monkies according to BUHARI .......I can't wait. i need BIAFRA .
puhaha! This dreamers are one hell of a funny set of people. grin

Dont u know ur kind are the lords of fraudstars ? grin I am very sure those people are biafrauds grin

Biafraudstars everywhere u go grin
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by babasanti: 1:20am On Mar 13, 2015
Apc guys in london, Gov amaechi cousins.na dem. Associaton of corruption party.
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by nwachinemelu(m): 1:26am On Mar 13, 2015
Seems the shop attendant are not football fans that's why....dis one nah insult to black race,all join I rep NIGERIA. Good or bad
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 13, 2015
Our Nigerian brother's have messed things up over here. Just the other I was trying to my flight to Nigeria, on British Airway ' s website, when I got to payment stage, the site gave me an error message. I tried again, got same message, I had to call BA to make the booking on the phone. Guess what? The lady said to me that they don't book flights to Nigeria online or on the phone, that I have to come to their office for face-to- face booking. According to her, Nigeria is one of the high risk blah blah countries, so the booking has to be in person.....I just vex book Arik.
I don't blame them really, our brothers must have taught them bitter lessons through fake credit cards.

3 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by nortcentrallord(m): 1:27am On Mar 13, 2015
unmask:
hello o.....the saleswoman is black not oyinbo

Helloo, is she a black from Africa? Which part of Africa is she from? Is your definition of racism only when whites discriminate against the black?

3 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Originalsly: 1:28am On Mar 13, 2015
If you're not a football fan Samuel Eto is just another Black man... why should the sales girl know him? The sales girl is Black...some Blacks when they work with Whites forget that they are also Black and take on the same kind of prejudice. This sales girl is no different. Would she say the same to an Australian if an Australian had just tried to pass a fake credit card?...or an Irish? Eto should let the manager know who he is...and let him know he would no longer be making any purchases there. Then guess what would happen to smart Miss Card Declined?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by RaptorX: 2:30am On Mar 13, 2015
nortcentrallord:
Their women love you indeed, i now understand why the white racists always say the only thing the black man can brag about as his accomplishment in today's world his the size of his joystick.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:41am On Mar 13, 2015
menix:
SHOOOOO!!!!!
I luv 9ja...
We no fit carry last even if nah cripple..
Since oyibo no want blacks as developed countries, we ve decided to develope d crime dey taught us..
Call us developed criminals, i will always b a 9ja even in heaven i will create 9ja association of wise christain fellowship...

Full blooded Nwa 9ja...

The saleswoman who refused was also black according to what was posted! So this has nothing to do with oyinbo's - except under our LAW to ensure racism is eradicated he now has a right to sue the shop for discrimination. Perhaps you should get a progressive law like this also instead or going on about oyinbo's like many of the other racists here!
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:42am On Mar 13, 2015
Originalsly:
If you're not a football fan Samuel Eto is just another Black man... why should the sales girl know him? The sales girl is Black...some Blacks when they work with Whites forget that they are also Black and take on the same kind of prejudice. This sales girl is no different. Would she say the same to an Australian if an Australian had just tried to pass a fake credit card?...or an Irish? Eto should let the manager know who he is...and let him know he would no longer be making any purchases there. Then guess what would happen to smart Miss Card Declined?

The saleswoman who refused was also black according to what was posted! So this has nothing to do with oyinbo's - except under our LAW to ensure racism is eradicated he now has a right to sue the shop for discrimination. Perhaps you should get a progressive law like this also instead or going on about oyinbo's like many of the other racists here!
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 13, 2015
almostFamous:
Would u blame the lady? I wouldn't! Even if it were chinese guys who came with the fake cards and then a japanese comes days after(u can't tell the diff btw a chinese and a japanese),I will react the same way the lady did.

I hope for you and your employers sake that you outgrow that village mentality.

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:44am On Mar 13, 2015
ROSYL:
Our Nigerian brother's have messed things up over here. Just the other I was trying to my flight to Nigeria, on British Airway ' s website, when I got to payment stage, the site gave me an error message. I tried again, got same message, I had to call BA to make the booking on the phone. Guess what? The lady said to me that they don't book flights to Nigeria online or on the phone, that I have to come to their office for face-to- face booking. According to her, Nigeria is one of the high risk blah blah countries, so the booking has to be in person.....I just vex book Arik.
I don't blame them really, our brothers must have taught them bitter lessons through fake credit cards.

I am an Irishman and Arik will not accept online payments from us either so it is the same for Africans and Oyinbo's alike. I had to physically go to a Barclays bank in Belfast and pay cash before I could confirm my flight.
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Franzeez(m): 2:45am On Mar 13, 2015
olola4:
Akinwunmi Ambode is a Chartered Accountant who reached the pinnacle of his profession as a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and zenith of his career as Permanent Secretary/Accountant General in the civil service. JK is a Pharmacist who didnt produce nor manufacture drugs but became a one shop drug retailer for over 30 years.This is what an average Igbo man without University education does and still open many outlets. Why then should we give Lagos to such a minnow against a giant in Ambode? Lagosians,vote Akinwunmi Ambode of APC as Governor,so that Lagos can continue to EXCEL. Itesiwaju ipinle Eko...lo je wa logun. Shinero..Liberal Minds/ A+ Volunteers.

What u have said makes no sense
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by pak: 3:12am On Mar 13, 2015
almostFamous:
Would u blame the lady? I wouldn't! Even if it were chinese guys who came with the fake cards and then a japanese comes days after(u can't tell the diff btw a chinese and a japanese),I will react the same way the lady did.

I understand your sentiments, it's a natural protective mechanism in man to use generalizations to shield himself from being bitten twice by the same evil

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Ilekeh(f): 3:16am On Mar 13, 2015
“I don’t know if you can imagine the weight of what she said. If one of my own makes a mistake, they judge us all. I don’t think she’s a racist person, but she stereotyped all black people as ‘those people’.”

Nah, she made it clear that she stereotyped all Nigerians as scammers.

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by vooks: 3:31am On Mar 13, 2015
Negro gotta work thrice as heard to earn respect angry
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Zi: 3:50am On Mar 13, 2015
chaberry:
So the saleswoman don't know who Eto is?

I don't think I can recognize Eto'o myself. I mean I hear he is a footballer by I can't clip a face to his name. I came here to view his pictures too. Sorry that face isn't familiar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup / Frustrated Arsenal Fan In Abuja With #Emeryout Banner On Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.