Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Please, Is Marriage A Contract? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please, Is Marriage A Contract? (1250 Views)

Is Marriage A Goal And Dream Killer? / She Has Helped Me A Lot But All She Wants Is Marriage / Joint Account In Marriage ...a Good Or Bad Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hi pals, please help me analyze this issue if marriage is a contract or should be seen as one?
A girlfriend of mine explained to me that she is doubting whether to accept her boyfriend of 5yrs+ marriage proposal. Reason is because he gave her the following rules:
1) You must not wear trouser when we marry
2) You must exit from all social media (nairaland included)
3) You must dress decent at all times and not keep long nails etc.
The rules were much sha....she then ended by saying that the boyfriend told her if she agrees to all this, they will go ahead and wed.

Please what do you think? Abi marriage na contract? Or is the guy simply a traditionalist abi na Chauvinist? Comments pls..
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
@ops, The guy did nothing wrong as long as am concern! So if ur friend wants to marry the guy I don't see anything bad in it.
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by yahx(m): 11:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
blesseenE:
Hi pals, please help me analyze this issue if marriage is a contract or should be seen as one?
A girlfriend of mine explained to me that she is doubting whether to accept her boyfriend of 5yrs+ marriage proposal. Reason is because he gave her the following rules:
The rules were much sha....she then ended by saying that the boyfriend told her if she agrees to all this, they will go ahead and wed.

Please what do you think? Abi marriage na contract? Or is the guy simply a traditionalist abi na Chauvinist? Comments pls..
marriage is a contract if ordained my God wen two pepz com to an agreement to be wt each oda as one#my on view sha o #dnt mention nd insult me abg
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by Penssuwa(m): 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
To your question: mariage, legally, is a contract btw two persons and can be terminated when it breaks down irretrievably, but spiritually, it is beyond contract, a life union... ordained in heaven.
Well, that guy in qstn is a control freak. It may not even end at the mentioned dos and don'ts. Men need to knw that their ladies have their own life to live appart frm being married to 'em.
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
Am learning @yahx, but really i was pissed off when the babe told me the rules... I was like after 5yrs+?, in this age?, are this rules feasible?. Some desperate babes might say yes though..lol

1 Like

Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by yahx(m): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
blesseenE:
Am learning @yahx, but really i was pissed off when the babe told me the rules... I was like after 5yrs+?, in this age?, are this rules feasible?. Some desperate babes might say yes though..lol
b4 u venture in marraige make sure yu both understand each oda

And if their is going to b an agreement betwenn you both b4 opening the vail

If they shld b any rule I tink it shld b agreed by both parties b4 d wedding so that there won't b any rules dat will affect one party in order to sertisfy the oda
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by yahx(m): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
blesseenE:

If they shld b any rule I tink it shld b agreed by both parties b4 d wedding
so that there won't b any rule dat will affect one party in order to sertisfy the oda

1 Like

Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by Mimienudles(f): 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
Marriage na agreement, Agreement na contract. Now, can two walk together except they agree?
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by Badgers14: 12:10am On Mar 13, 2015
Marriage is not a contract, the success of marriage is understanding. Also compromise goes a long way too. BTW what kind of decrees are these angry the guy should have presented his argument in a nicer way like explaining the reasons behind it. It should have been a discussion not a decree. wink

The lady in question should reason well before accepting, she should have a discussion with him on why he wants her out of social media e.t.c sometimes that could be an avenue to reach out to friends and boost your business. They should talk, the lady should decide, dish out her dos and don'ts as well, they have a discussion about it, make sure they are both in good understanding then they are good to go. It should be a nice discussion - having in mind one might compromise in some cases and or situations. Good luck to them wink
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by justmag(m): 1:57am On Mar 13, 2015
Sounds like prison to me. And if she continues with him..it's a crime.
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by PunkyOh(f): 5:42am On Mar 13, 2015
He's being chauvinistic. WTH? I'd never agree to such terms & conditions. Marriage shouldn't be about trying to change a person. Either you like & accept everything about them before getting married, or someone needs to pound the pavement 4real.
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by Iamfrank(m): 5:47am On Mar 13, 2015
Al join

1 Like

Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by Enegod(m): 6:04am On Mar 13, 2015
blesseenE:

can't you get it?!
He is breaking up with her. He knows she won't agree undecided
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by sinizia: 8:23am On Mar 13, 2015
blesseenE:

Tell her to kick that guy to the curbs!! She has an insecure low self-esteem kid on her hands!!

As per your question, yes marriage is a sort of contract especially with the advent of prenup and what-not.
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 8:45am On Mar 13, 2015
yahx:

If they shld b any rule I tink it shld b agreed by both parties b4 d wedding
so that there won't b any rule dat will affect one party in order to sertisfy the oda
yea. I believe it should be more of trust, love and understanding not rules
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 8:47am On Mar 13, 2015
Mimienudles:
Marriage na agreement, Agreement na contract. Now, can two walk together except they agree?
i believe that is why there is no fun in many marriages...when u keep trying not to break a rule..
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 8:48am On Mar 13, 2015
Badgers14:
Marriage is not a contract, the success of marriage is understanding. Also compromise goes a long way too. BTW what kind of decrees are these angry the guy should have presented his argument in a nicer way like explaining the reasons behind it. It should have been a discussion not a decree. wink

The lady in question should reason well before accepting, she should have a discussion with him on why he wants her out of social media e.t.c sometimes that could be an avenue to reach out to friends and boost your business. They should talk, the lady should decide, dish out her dos and don'ts as well, they have a discussion about it, make sure they are both in good understanding then they are good to go. It should be a nice discussion - having in mind one might compromise in some cases and or situations. Good luck to them wink
i agree

1 Like

Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 8:49am On Mar 13, 2015
justmag:
Sounds like prison to me. And if she continues with him..it's a crime.
me too
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 8:51am On Mar 13, 2015
PunkyOh:
He's being chauvinistic. WTH? I'd never agree to such terms & conditions. Marriage shouldn't be about trying to change a person. Either you like & accept everything about them before getting married, or someone needs to pound the pavement 4real.
yea, think so too. With all these rules, what did the guy like about d babe then?
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 8:52am On Mar 13, 2015
Enegod:
can't you get it?!
He is breaking up with her. He knows she won't agree undecided
Chei...like serious? Guys na the new trend?
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by yahx(m): 8:52am On Mar 13, 2015
blesseenE:

yea. I believe it should be more of trust, love and understanding not rules
it even better that he gave her d rules b4 even thinking of marriage so dat not wen dey ar married he wil ask her to stop som tins she hav been doing

It is now upto her if she can cope wt it or not
For the guy to giv dos rules as u call it
He must have sighted som ish in her mode of dress nd watsoever
And also remember alll those cloth you wear as. A lady that you ar going to. Wear as a married lady
U need to b more decent. So that you wil bring up more decent kids
In case of socially media I dnt have much take on that but he know why he is giving out that law mayb she is. A media frick like me
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2015
sinizia:

Tell her to kick that guy to the curbs!! She has an insecure low self-esteem kid on her hands!!

As per your question, yes marriage is a sort of contract especially with the advent of prenup and what-not.
hmm..na wa o
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 8:57am On Mar 13, 2015
yahx:
it even better that he gave her d rules b4 even thinking of marriage so dat not wen dey ar married he wil ask her to stop som tins she hav been doing

It is now upto her if she can cope wt it or not
For the guy to giv dos rules as u call it
He must have sighted som ish in her mode of dress nd watsoever
And also remember alll those cloth you wear as. A lady that you ar going to. Wear as a married lady
U need to b more decent. So that you wil bring up more decent kids
In case of socially media I dnt have much take on that but he know why he is giving out that law mayb she is. A media frick like me
if ur made told u to quit using social media will u do it? Maybe it is his own way of being jealous
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 9:01am On Mar 13, 2015
Pals pls is there anyone in there any one living under this conditions here? Or u know someone who is? Is it possible to be happy?

@seun, moderator, supermod FP please. Need more views on this. Tanx
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by yahx(m): 9:05am On Mar 13, 2015
blesseenE:

if ur made told u to quit using social media will u do it? Maybe it is his own way of being jealous
she definately hav to reduce it sshe has more responsibility then
Except if she is a house wife that she wil even hav time fr dat
But who will she b chatting with? Yu knw she still hav dos male frns hu wil stil b asking her out
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2015
If the guy is rich, she can say yes.
Re: Please, Is Marriage A Contract? by blesseenE: 11:49am On Mar 13, 2015
Khabuqi:
If the guy is rich, she can say yes.
lol..money answereth all things

(1) (Reply)

6 Things You Must Not Do In A Relationship / Do We Still Have Ladies That Can Propose ? / Question Of The Day *see Pic*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.