Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. (1126 Views)

Northern Youths Who Made Kaduna Declaration Arrested ?? / Fayose Smiles As He Poses With PDP Youths Who Came 2 Show Him Support 2day(pics) / Diezani: "I'm In Pains, I Don't Think There Is Anything Doctors Can Do Beyond" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by talktimi(m): 2:51am On Mar 13, 2015
By Anti Hypocrisy (Disqus)

On The Non-Payment of Osun State Workers for 5 Months...By Bayo Adeyinka

I read with consternation about the demonstration of civil servants in Osun State on the non-payments of their salaries for the past 5 months. I also read with shock and amazement how some of my friends laboured to defend this act by claiming it was not only Osun State that owed salaries and that non-payment was due to massive corruption by Jonathan. I also read on my friends Omowaiye Oluremi's timeline that Osun owes only 3 months and not 5 months. He went further to provide clarification that 80% of workers were paid their November 2014 salaries three weeks ago. His own opinion is that things will change when GMB takes over. My comment on his wall was that someone should be covering his face for writing that.
Now here's my take on this issue:

1. Any government, be it PDP or APC that owes 3 months salaries or more is callous, wicked and ungodly. It doesn't matter whether they shout change or transformation. Not especially when the Governor chatters private aircrafts for local trips.
2. The labourer is worthy of their wages. Civil servants or public workers have a right to their pay as and when due. No politician does anyone any extra good by paying salaries. Paying salaries is NOT an achievement.
3. Dwindling oil receipts is what is accountable for the reduction in allocation. So the question is: for how long will states depend on allocation to pay salaries and meet other commitments? Shouldn't each state focus on raising their revenue profiles?
4. The fundamental problem with Nigeria is our structure. It goes beyond who is ruling Nigeria. We must revisit our structure as it is. Why should states depend on allocation to do anything?
5. Are some states viable at all?

In my opinion, Osun State has no excuse at all. For a Governor who allegedly goes around on chattered flights, no excuse makes any sense at all. Has he considered cutting down the cost of governance- his numerous aides and Special Assistants? Of what essence is the elephantine airport project he's building in Osun?

I have outlined on a thread how I believe Osun State's revenue profile can be raised. Osun State has a cocoa belt. I know at least 2 confectionery makers who can have factories in Osun State and contribute to the development. All they need is tax rebate and land. What is Osun doing with Asejire River? How come I've not heard of a single IPP project in Osun? Or maybe I missed it? That's one of the few states where the impact of IPP can be easily felt due to the congruity of the communities. Ife/Modakeke/Gbongan has the best palm wine in Nigeria. What of having a bottled palm wine factory that will sell locally and later also embark on export? With the agrarian nature of Osun State, it can be the food basket of the South West. How is agriculture being developed? What of tourism? Apart from declaring Isese Day as a public holiday, Osun State can be a tourist haven- Nike Art Gallery, Twins Seven Seven, Opa Oranmiyan, Osun Osogbo and other ancient landmarks. What about having an arts and theatre village- Oyin Adejobi, Duro Ladipo, Ajoke Asewo To Re Mecca, Yemi Elebuibon, Baba Wande and a horde of other practitioners are from Osun State. The arts can be developed and made a big deal.

Let's talk about other mineral resources. In Osun State, almost all the local governments has more than one mineral resource that can be obtained from them. There is gold in Igila, Itagunodi, Oluwu Village, Iperindo, Iregun, Okulu Omo, Ashafe, Eyinta, Igangan, Okepo, Ipole Ajoku and Aiyetoro all in Atakumosa East and West. Gold is also in Ife East, Central and Obokun. Tourmaline is present in Irewole. Tourmaline is used in jewellery and in certain electrical materials, especially pressure instruments. It's also used in making hair care products apart from other trado-medical uses. Aquamarine is in Aiyedaade. Columbite is in Atakumosa West and Ife East. Columbite ore is used as an alloy of steel to form weldable high speed steel for radio transmitting valves, heat sensitive detective devices called barometer, for jet engines and other aircraft components. Cassiterite is present in Ife Central, Atakumosa East and West. Cassiterite is a derivative of tin ore necessarily used in circuitry and its use has, ironically, enabled devices to become more eco friendly.

Talc is found in Ifelodun, Atakumosa East and Irewole. Talc is used as extender in paints, insecticide carrier, rice polishing powder and wall tiles. Kaolin is found in Ifedayo, Ife Central, Ilesha, Iperinde and Iwaraja. Kaolin is used as filters in paper paints, adhesives, plastics, drug preparation ceramics, etc. Feldspar is in Ede and Irokun. Feldspar is used in paints,glass, tiles and scouring powder. Mica is found in Ifedayo, Irewole and Aiyedaade. Mica is a mineral that is commonly used in the electrical industry, to produce shingles and other building materials, and to prepare samples for microscopy.

I once made contacts with some close aides to Rauf Aregbesola about an Iranian car maker who was willing to establish an auto assembly plant in Nigeria. My preference was Osun State because that is my State and I felt Lagos has had enough. All he needed was government commitment to buy a paltry 100 cars and he will bring $1b to establish the plant. I kept on reaching to the close aides of Rauf to give them the link and I was ready to buy my own ticket to go and meet this Iran auto maker in Dubai to no avail. The selling price of a brand new car made by this car maker is N1m. The vehicle which looks like a pick up truck comes with a Peugeot engine. Maybe they will get back to me tomorrow.

There is a general absence of critical thinking among our leaders. The major problem we have is our inability to see beyond oil. My sincere prayer is that that oil that we all so depend on WILL RUN DRY TOMORROW. Maybe we will be able to think, then. Just maybe!

3 Likes

Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 13, 2015
Leadership in this country (especially at the States and LGAs) is filled with insincerity, lack of vision and fraud. While I cannot underrate the impact of the oil price fall with respect to Federal allocation, I find it absurd that Governors and other public servants are always wasteful with the monies they get. The Governor of Osun State cannot say that he hasn't been paid for 5 months. The Governor of Osun State and his band of Aides can never tell us that they are being owed salaries and allowances. These so-called leaders live in luxury even in dwindling oil price when they are supposed to be on austerity. Why charter planes and tour the country when your people and workers are hungry? Should Osun civil servants take to stealing? should they abscond from duty? Why not maximise the potentials of the state so as to increase the IGR of the State? why is Nigeria plagued with fraudulent and vision-less leaders? Why can't some people think? My heart is with the good people of Osun State. You shall overcome.

3 Likes

Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by talktimi(m): 2:58am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
typin
waiting grin
Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by DeviIhimself: 3:01am On Mar 13, 2015
Osun youths? grin

Give osun youths irese Aregbe, they'll eat and forget their misery

Aregbesola is a nincompoop
Gej till 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by Nobody: 3:11am On Mar 13, 2015
talktimi:
waiting grin
Done
Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by nortcentrallord(m): 6:03am On Mar 13, 2015
I thought they said the apc guy there is just perfect. Am really surprised though. This is a very good time in Nigeria. Let the oil price drop ti 15dollar per barrel even then we will know the governors with brains in this country. When excess crude oil money was coming from the federal govt. Nobody objected oh, all our governors pdp cum apc embezzled it now they are shouting no money in federal account, GEJ is bad, this and that. We like to learn the HARD way.

1 Like

Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by brownlord: 6:28am On Mar 13, 2015
The 36 state governors we have are simply lazy and block heads, they contribute nothing to their state treasury apart from sending thugs to the street to collect tax from ordinary citizens who managed to set up kiosk and shops for daily sales, market women and Okada who engage in menial business to wipe away their sorrow.

They are nothing but pay masters who wait for allocation from Abuja pay salary, embezzle the rest and start making noise pointing fingers like say na them holy pass.

The earlier we realize this bunch of criminals have nothing to offer the better for us.

2 Likes

Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by nellyjohn: 6:55am On Mar 13, 2015
This is just an example of how APC government is. With Buhari as the president, all the federal workers will suffer and believe me, it will be worst than what Osun is suffering now.
Vote PDP
Vote GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by nigerianvenom(m): 8:26am On Mar 13, 2015
brownlord:
The 36 state governors we have are simply lazy and block heads, they contribute nothing to their state treasury apart from sending thugs to the street to collect tax from ordinary citizens who managed to set up kiosk and shops for daily sales, market women and Okada who engage in menial business to wipe away their sorrow.

They are nothing but pay masters who wait for allocation from Abuja pay salary, embezzle the rest and start making noise pointing fingers like say na them holy pass.

The earlier we realize this bunch of criminals have nothing to offer the better for us.

brownny,u just made a salient point here.

2 Likes

Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by talktimi(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
Leadership in this country (especially at the States and LGAs) is filled with insincerity, lack of vision and fraud. While I cannot underrate the impact of the oil price fall with respect to Federal allocation, I find it absurd that Governors and other public servants are always wasteful with the monies they get. The Governor of Osun State cannot say that he hasn't been paid for 5 months. The Governor of Osun State and his band of Aides can never tell us that they are being owed salaries and allowances. These so-called leaders live in luxury even in dwindling oil price when they are supposed to be on austerity. Why charter planes and tour the country when your people and workers are hungry? Should Osun civil servants take to stealing? should they abscond from duty? Why not maximise the potentials of the state so as to increase the IGR of the State? why is Nigeria plagued with fraudulent and vision-less leaders? Why can't some people think? My heart is with the good people of Osun State. You shall overcome.
the oyel money has turned our governors to dullards and its so shameful. Woe betide anyone who says we should drink our oyel yet their states can't or refuse to fend for themselves
Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by noordean(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2015
Am very dissapointed dis is happening in osun cos i didnt expect this from ogbeni. Everybody here is directly or indirectly affected and it is very sad seeing parents and friends everyday complaining and struggling to provide food for dia families.

Have come to realize dat ds politicians always av notin to offer in dia second term in office.
I hope and pray dat GEj is not re elected bak into office come march28th becos i surely know that his srcond term will be worse than this w are experiencing.

1 Like

Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 13, 2015
talktimi:
the oyel money has turned our governors to dullards and its so shameful. Woe betide anyone who says we should drink our oyel yet their states can't or refuse to fend for themselves
Our leaders are far from being creative. Lagos State is making enough through IGR but it is going to somebody's pocket angry
Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 13, 2015
nigerianvenom:

brownny,u just made a salient point here.
You can say that again bro. The problem with Nigeria is caused by these so called governors. They sit and wait for national allocations. None of them can boast of creating a single job outside public sector. If most of these governors can replicate a fraction of the efforts of FG, Nigeria will be a better place.

2 Likes

Re: If Aregbesola Can't Think, There Are Osun Youths Who Can Do So For Him. by GBTYO: 10:44am On Mar 13, 2015
The State of Osun under Odenni Rauf AregeRascal is so inebted to several commercial banks that even if Akwa Ibom swaps revenue with osun the aregbe odorless fufu distributor will still owe salaries.

It is that bad.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife / Photos Of Turtle Eco Car Newly Manufactured By Ahmadu Bello University Students / Buhari Certificate Saga: Tension In APC Camp Over Court Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.