Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice (2795 Views)

Should I Buy This Adsense Account? Please Help. / I'm In Need Of A Naija Adsense Account (please Help!) / If You Can Fund My Paypal Account Please Comment Below (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Seye25(m): 9:20am On Mar 13, 2015
Hello nairalanders!!!!

I got this email from one "Email Server" with this strange information. I didnt send any mail to yahoo to terminate my account.

[b]
Email Account Termination

E-mail Server
To
BCC
me
Mar 12 at 5:57 PM
Dear E-mail User,
We received your request to terminate your account and the process has started by our Mail Team, Your Yahoo account will be finally terminated in the next 48 hours.
To cancel this termination, follow this link to CANCELREQUEST and update your account for faster, safer and full featured Yahoo Mail experience.

Thanks,
Yahoo! Mail Team

Please do not reply to this message. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered

***********************************************************************************
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in Spam, please kindly move it to inbox.

Sincerely,
Yahoo! Inc ©2014 All Rights Reserved
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More
[/b]

AFTER I CLICKED CANCEL REQUEST, IT TOOK ME TO THIS PAGE

WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by delishpot: 9:24am On Mar 13, 2015
They want your password. Dont fall for it. Try to open your acct in a new browser.
Maybe someone tried to hack into tge acct and did It.
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Seye25(m): 9:27am On Mar 13, 2015
delishpot:
They want your password. Dont fall for it. Try to open your acct in a new browser.

Do u mean i should change the browser i use in opening my account??
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by delishpot: 9:29am On Mar 13, 2015
Seye25:

Do u mean i should change the browser i use in opening my account??

I think so. Its not yahoo. Avoid filling that form. They are trying to get your username and password.
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by saaedlee: 9:31am On Mar 13, 2015
Never input any password into a website that doent have the padlock sign where the website address is! So, don't even reply that mail, yahoo didn't send it!
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by valmunich(m): 9:39am On Mar 13, 2015
They simply need your password mehn
Don't fall for this..
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2015
People still use yahoo? undecided
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by SuperSuave(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
yes, yahoo boys..lol
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 13, 2015
That's what they call phishing email.. The web page you opened is not the real yahoo page.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Iamvictor(m): 10:14am On Mar 13, 2015
Hackers at work run for your life.
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Seye25(m): 10:34am On Mar 13, 2015
Thank you all. I was scared with the mail, knowing fully well the implication if i loose my account
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Melahou(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

yes...@least you started from there
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:53am On Mar 13, 2015
Melahou:

yes...@least you started from there

doesnt mean i have to continue when i have found something better na
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by goverment(m): 2:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
the picture you upload, the web address below is not from yahoo team. If you feel like filling the form I recommend you do research on yahoo team, about mail from yahoo verifying you upate your account, search for yahoo support email or help center then foward or copy the email send to you using a different email account and not your email.

Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Seye25(m): 5:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
Thank you all. your recommendations has been helpful. Please can anyone help me with the yahoo email contact or phone contact??
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Guyson(m): 9:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
check the URL to know if it is a phishing page.
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Seye25(m): 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
Guyson:
check the URL to know if it is a phishing page.
What do u mean by phishing
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Guyson(m): 11:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
Seye25:

Phishing is the attempt to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details (and sometimes, indirectly, money) by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.

Example:

Download Gmail phishing page: http://askguyson.com/download-gmail-phishing-page/

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by bedfordng(m): 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
Seye25:
its a script that looks exactly like another website, mostly popular sites used by internet users to trick their victim in giving out their login details without their notice.they usually make use of warning maiil to scare the victim so they can act upon it asap.when you see such type of mails, always check the url.that is where the link is from.if not from yahoo, then its a phishing site.most time they add the site name to make it convincing.in the case of this one you uploaded, the owner did not add yahoo to the domain so it can be easily detected.always shine your eyes when clicking any links in your email

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
bedfordng:
its a script that looks exactly like another website, mostly popular sites used by internet users to trick their victim in giving out their login details without their notice.they usually make use of warning maiil to scare the victim so they can act upon it asap.when you see such type of mails, always check the url.that is where the link is from.if not from yahoo, then its a phishing site.most time they add the site name to make it convincing.in the case of this one you uploaded, the owner did not add yahoo to the domain so it can be easily detected.always shine your eyes when clicking any links in your email
In addition, there could be a wrong spelling I.e yaahoo.com or yahooo.com to trick you into falling for it perfectly. Stay calm and don't fall a prey. U've been introduced to Phishing. Have U heard of Smishing!
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by danmention: 12:33am On Mar 17, 2015
Even the below was spent wrongly as bellow ...check properly ...its scam
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by Seye25(m): 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
53cur3m0d3:

In addition, there could be a wrong spelling I.e yaahoo.com or yahooo.com to trick you into falling for it perfectly. Stay calm and don't fall a prey. U've been introduced to Phishing. Have U heard of Smishing!

And what is smishing?
Re: Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
Seye25:

And what is smishing?
A Phishing alternative via SMS

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Place Ads Banner On Opera Mini Home Page? / Where To Get Javaw.exe / Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.