Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God (17576 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by ifyalways(f): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2009
@Topic,who cares
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by strangleyo: 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2009
God helps those with money and large armies.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by jamace(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2009
MIND YOUR BIZ angry. Show me a sign that any Nigerian believe in the one true God. These bunch of hypocrites who claim to believe in the one true God and yet loot the treasury with reckless abandon? The most annoying aspect is that they even have the guts to organise thanksgiving in their churches to celebrate the loot. God forsaken, heartless and corrupt rulers . surely, their days are numbered angry sad.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by strangleyo: 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2009
This

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by manmustwac(m): 11:24pm On Jan 19, 2009
Wole Soyinka is too intelligent to believe in an imaginary being

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by bindex(m): 11:30pm On Jan 19, 2009
manmustwac:

Wole Soyinka is too intelligent to believe in an imaginary being

An imaginary being that is believed to have cursed the black race. I wonder what Nigerians really have to show for their over religious activities and excessive believe in the supernatural and various Gods.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Jakumo(m): 7:06am On Jan 20, 2009
Nigerians are the most obsessive and hysterical group of people in existence, when it comes to feigning closeness to fairy-tale characters like God, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, and yet the very word " Nigeria" has rightly earned a global reputation for being synonymous with venality, fraud, embezzlement, criminal deception and human sacrifice.

Praise the Lord, but PLEASE do so in the privacy of your own toilet stalls, remembering to clean the walls when you finish up. Thanks.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Theblessed(f): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2009
Who cares!!! And how do you know? In fact, you don't even know the man. Your allegation is based on assumptions if not, where's your researched evidence to this?

If you can not produce this, better go kala, ok! People believe and worship God in many ways it does not have to be you or your pastor's own ways alright. Give us a break!!
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by fairheart(m): 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2010
Fool
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by texazzpete(m): 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2010
fairheart:

@9jaganja- I am so trilled to read this thread LOL, but I guess some of the posters are lowly-mental people with little experience in life. Why? I believe that only a BIG FOOL would say there's no God or think osun, oya or whatever poo is God or God we worship is imaginary(unreal) Maybe if you had lived half of your life and have been into hard time, surviving like I did, you would definetly believe there's God. And by the way, who are the Innocent people you mentioned? WHO? you or your fathers? Don't you big fool know that WE caused those mess?We were too reckless, we hate heeding, we want everything to be stunningsad God is not an Angry man, nor does he hate anyone, but he does want you to be who he wants you to be. What can clay do to its sculpture? fight him? or say you don't want to be a particular style? God is the sculpture, he molded little you man, he owns you and he will forever, Okay? You need to go hunting, go out and see the beauty of nature and universe, planet, wild animals and you will see there is ONE TRUE GOD behind them. I think you spent quiet number of time writing your funny poem huh, and atleast, you won some recorgnition- When you experience some certain events, trials in life, you will KNOW THAT GOD IS NOT WHO YOU THINK. And trust me, people like you don't do much in life, but condenming Facts!!! I have talked to many people like you, I have seen the way they lived, I have seen how hard it's for them-LOWLY MENTALITY MAN!

You could first try breaking up your text with paragraphs and spaces so we can actually read it. Until then, no one will listen to your rants!
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Arysexy(m): 12:57am On Sep 26, 2010
posted by hajyfaty
I think Mosque will be beta becos church can bring confusion by preaching 3 gods which are god of the father, god of the son and the god of the holy spirit. The man no go know which one to follow but Imam for mosque will just say no other god except one GOD Grin Grin Grin

hajyfaty, he will rather not think of stepping inside a mosque cos ur allah's msg of kill the infidels is not in line with his level of exposure, ur allah's promise of 76 virgins for causing terror and killing for ur powerless allah will sound like a dirge to him. Anuofia, infidel killer ko, Arab sucker ni!
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by KnowAll(m): 4:12am On Sep 26, 2010
Any man OR woman who do not believe in God is living a life of emptiness and a fool's paradise. The lives of this so called athirst are d most miserable one can think off. We have dat wheeled bound professor who speaks with d aid of computerized voice  blashemy at d slightest opportunity, how many of u would be envious of this kind of vegetative existence,dosen't the prof know it is time to change tack and follow d one and only God perharps his life would be fulfiled and more gratifying than the mere space & meaningless existence he is currently living.

The theories he sincerly profess has not lifted him out of his miserable existence common sense which apparently God gave us would have made him to seek solace on d other side of d divide but alas this invalid would continue living this unenviable & deplorable life spewing out d most incomprehenible theory with d sole aim of populating dat place of damnation, there are no sitting on d fence on issues like dis, like George Bush once quoted " u are either with us OR not".

Wole Soyinka although revered in Nigeria has not feared any better, why people like him would never see a bouyant enterprising Nigeria is because dat is his nemesis, he shall shout at d top of his voice at all d theft by d turn-coats ruling our beloved country but he would not only be hapless to do anything, d fustrattion and the profligacy would make him a very sad man sending him six feet under emotionally, psycological, & mentally drained. Don't be suprise if Eldorado enventually arrives in Nigeria after d demise of this athirst. Just like Moses who led the isrealites out of Egypt but never to see d promise land.

And just Yesterday David Milliburn, ran against his brother for the Labour Party leadership in the UK, 2 weeks ago I listened carefully to both this gentlemen talking about their chances, David said something which made my blood boil, he said it with all d pomp and pagentry " I am an athirst", I said to myself why is a high profile politician like this Gentleman professing such a damning concept is he a recruiting Sergeant for the devil, I knew this chap by issue such a fatwa in public has re-wrote & change his own destiny,  we are d archietect of our own destiny.

David Milliband was & has being d favourite to grasp the leadership mantle then just yesterday we started hearing of an exit poll  putting his Brother ahead. What happened last night d younger brother edged out his elder brother David by 1%, David polled 49.7% why his Brother polled 50%.

What is d moral of this story, well we should be cautious of d hand dat feed us, being an athirst is not cool neither is it an enviable fad, if our eyes can be opened spiritually many of us would realise dat embracing such a stance is tantomount to walking into a hot furnace. Can u imagine men delibrately walking into Auswitz - d furnace dat killed 6 million Jews.

I rest my case and I shall watch from afar how some of us has decided to despoil ourselves by marking ourselves boldly with d mark of d devil - 666.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Pukkah: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2010
KnowAll:

Wole Soyinka although revered in Nigeria has not feared any better, why people like him would never see a bouyant enterprising Nigeria is because dat is his nemesis, he shall shout at d top of his voice at all d theft by d turn-coats ruling our beloved country but he would not only be hapless to do anything, d fustrattion and the profligacy would make him a very sad man sending him six feet under emotionally, psycological, & mentally drained. Don't be suprise if Eldorado enventually arrives in Nigeria after d demise of this athirst. [b]Just like Moses [/b]who led the isrealites out of Egypt but never to see d promise land.

Please permit me to get some things right from your post:

1. Does it mean that Soyinka would not see 'a buoyant enterprising Nigeria' because you have assumed he is an atheist?

2. Why didn't the biblical Moses see the promised land? Was he also an atheist?

3. How do you explain the fact that some dead but theist activists like Gani, Chima Ubani did not see 'a buoyant enterprising Nigeria'?

4. Are you saying that living and theist activists like Pastor Bakare, Keyamo, Odumakin, etc would also not see 'a buoyant enterprising Nigeria'?

5. Is Soyinka, a worshipper of Ogun, an atheist? Kindly note that Ogun, Osun, Ifa, etc worshippers also believe in the existence of God which is referred to as Olodumare in Yoruba.

6. If you say that Soyinka is an atheist because he is neither a Christian nor a Muslim, how would you describe the faith of the people before the advent of Christianity and Islam? Were they all atheists?

Thank you.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by KnowAll(m): 11:44am On Sep 26, 2010
Please permit me to get some things right from your post:

1. Does it mean that Soyinka would not see 'a buoyant enterprising Nigeria' because you have assumed he is an atheist?

Do you know what the word atheist means,  well let me tell u they are people who do not belief in God. Most athiest if not all are empty spiritually, the reason why they make the most noise trying to attract an army of God fearless men mould of the same demanour as them.

2. Why didn't the biblical Moses see the promised land? Was he also an atheist?

[b]The Biblical Moses commited 3 sins against his creator and God. Whilst Moses was in the King's palace as a Prince of Egypt he once witnessed an Isrealite and Egyptian man fighting, he out of anger took side with the Isrealite killing the Egyptian. Secondly he got angry when the Isrealites were in the wilderness and Moses went up the mountain for 40 days and Night. The Isrealites thought we was no more and now begged Aaron his 2nd in command to make them gods made of gold , silver and bronze. When Moses came down from the mountain he was angry and he smashed the tarbanicle of the 10 commandments on those fake gods out of anger, God was not impress with this action, that was Moses second misdemanor.

thirdly The Isrealites in the wilderness clamouring for food they where in the middle of the desert, and have started swearing at Moses and God for bringing them to the wilderness only to suffer. God instructed Moses to use his stick to hit the floor once and water and manna would come from heaven, Moses out of anger and despire at the peoples unGodliness and unfaithfulness hit the ground 3 times dis-obeying God. For this reasons Moses did not see the promise land.
[/b]

3. How do you explain the fact that some dead but theist activists like Gani, Chima Ubani did not see 'a buoyant enterprising Nigeria'?

[b]Gani Fawahinmi was an uncle and was not an athiest, I am priveledge to say he believed both in the Christain God, the Muslim God and to some extent embrace our traditional medicine. These kind of belief system is common amongst muslim Yoruba's who are in search of the truth. In Most cases there children end up being Christains when at first hand they have seeing the duplicity of their parents played before them, their parents galavanting and entertaining men of God from diffrent faith in their household is not something unsual.

We are all witness to MKO Abiola's quest to change his fortune after the June 12 elections, when a Christain Man of God predicted that he would win the election but would not be crowned as the King unless he comes to his synagoge for special prayer, but MKO being a proud man,  a staunch muslim cleric and a philantropist   in Yorubaland declined the offer insisting the rituals should be done within his household going into a church was the last place he wants his detrators to see him.

Why can't the pastor bring the Church to his home, the Man of God said that cannot be possible, we all know what happened there after.
[/b]

4. Are you saying that living and theist activists like Pastor Bakare, Keyamo, Odumakin, etc would also not see 'a buoyant enterprising Nigeria'?

How can Pastor Bakere be athiest?, I ask again do u know the meaning of the word  athiest  undecided neither is Keyanmo nor Odumakin  an athiest " I repeat for the upteenth time an athiest is someone who does not belive in the existence of God"

Is Soyinka, a worshipper of Ogun, an atheist? Kindly note that Ogun, Osun, Ifa, etc worshippers also believe in the existence of God which is referred to as Olodumare in Yoruba.

An aethiest does not belief in God, if Soyinka belives in Olodumare then he believes in God which would be contrary to the title of the thread which is " Wole Soyinka does not Believe in God" if he believes in God it simply means we are at the same wave lenght,  which I have no problem with but those simpletons on this thread taking cheap pot- shot at their maker over a fallacy they had better repent and desist from  such marauding attitudes, there is always a tendency for feeble minded people to join in a lynch, these internet lynch mob who ARE easily dissuade by writings of grammatically sound individuals but spiritually inept beings should be warned, you are being drag  to a place of eternal inferno without your knowing.

If you say that Soyinka is an atheist because he is neither a Christian nor a Muslim, how would you describe the faith of the people before the advent of Christianity and Islam? Were they all atheists?
Thank you.

If he belives in "Olodumare" then he belives in God. "Olodumare" is God in the yoruba language and the language did not do justice to itself by not clarify whether the word Olodumare is a word for "god" OR "God" , since there is an impasse as to the true meaning of "Olodumare" then I have to leave it to Soyinka himself to tell us which God he belives in, if he chooses "Sango OR Ogun" then he is on the road to perdition.

However people b4 the advent of Christainity in Africa would be exempt from not believing in God, you cannot be purnished for what u did not know.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by boladez(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2010
I believe in God Almighty and I can vote for Soyinka if he will deliver us from the  hell called Nigeria today, despite his Atheist beliefs

But I always ask myself, what have the people who believe in God and call HIS name done for Nigeria? , Nothing , infact most of these stealing and irresponsible politicians never complete their speeches without calling on God!!! Men of God live lives of luxury when their next door neighbours cannot afford three square meals. I have a deeper life church in my area and they never get involved in cleaning or keeping the street clean.

Go to the churches and mosques, you see most of the people are out to do evil, to take adavantage of their brothers etc,  every street you go , there are multiple churches and mosques yet there is so much wickedness and hatred and cheating in the land. That tells us something!!

Wole Soyinka believes in his traditional gods and he is shining example of how a human being should be. Wish we could have ifa or ogun take over our legal , policing and political systems, things will definitely be different.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by nypha: 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2010
At last someone with sound mind is coming up to see if he can do something (if allowed, and if he is real to his convictions).

Hope Nigerians who are mostly too religious in their mentality up to becoming some worth religious extremists (Mutalabh), would see the need of giving their vote to the right person underminding his religious believes.

Soyinka, if you come across nairaland where we Nigerians (due to lack of true press) have decided to contribute in creating and writing our own press (with our little journalistic knowledge), do what is in your power to assist most of us Nigerians who have lost hope in our selfish "people's representatives" to restore our hope in Nigeria.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Kedro(m): 10:32pm On Nov 19, 2010
God is watching us.Its better we all repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.Sumone said said sumtin bout osun.Pls who is osun.Be careful what u say bout God becos Hd is a jealous one.I love jesus
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Kedro(m): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2010
God is watching us.Its better we all repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.Sumone said said sumtin bout osun.Pls who is osun.Be careful what u say bout God becos Hd is a jealous one.I love jesus
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by poweredcom(m): 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
This is why Wole Soyinka doesn't believe in your imaginary friend:

First, he's a philosopher, a poet, a deep thinker and a wise one.

Second, your is God wanted by Aliens for killing innocent people cause they refused to worship his angry Bottom, The Quran God is wanted for kidnapping virgin girls and promising them to Islam extremists, Imams and all other male follower of his fallacies. Ever noticed women has almost no portion of greatness in the bible and Quran? Except of course Queen of Sheba who they also made a slut by saying she slept with Solomon( Solomon can't even touch her toes).

Your God is wanted for being Sexists, and disturbing the natural evolution of human beings. Your god tested his radioactive bomb on Sodom and Gomorrah and vaporized Lot's wife (Once again not salt another bible lie). He is the number 1 serial killer and most wanted in every universe.

Finally, Your god is wanted for being hateful. He hated cain, he murdered beautiful Jezebel for not accepting him into bed. Also, your God is threatening to destroy the world which he never created in the first place but wished he was wiser than his own creator (Mother Nature) . HE violated VIRGIN MARY AND SAID IT WAS THE HOLYGHOST!!

Hope now you see why Wole Soyinka does not want your God.

Osun has been more objective compared to your god. Osun has been a mother to Africans compared to your hateful God. Come back to the lessons your ancestors taught and you'll find peace within. I compared Ifa teachings and I found out Ifa is simply a guidance to humanity. There is good and evil but you religious cunts only see the evil in traditional religions forgetting there are good and evil practices. Have you seen Osun worshipers? they are as peaceful as they come and they are never blinded by sentiments. Who connected you guys to Jerusalem and Mecca? MUMUS!!!

GREAT WORDS THANKS A LOT

@kENDRO

You are just fooling yourself, So God is a Jealus God, what kind of statement is that, jealous of who and what, that statement is so funny as hell, so when has God almight starts to jealus again, abi peron stach his lover, think twice man,
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Saleng: 12:20am On Mar 22, 2012
You xtian dogma, fornicative, adulterous religion, why don't you mind your business. Hail satan.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by EvilBrain1(m): 1:07am On Mar 22, 2012
Holy mother of thread revivals, this was started 3 years ago!!!

Also, Wole Soyinka is the greatest living Nigerian. I dare anyone to deny it.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
[size=64pt]WOLE IS TRADITIONALIST PAGAN[/size]
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by aurenflani: 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2012
Yes! And that is ALLAH.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by aurenflani: 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2012
Did u mean writting old mama's stories? Or taking money for explosives profit that make a man great? It is very clear to me that christians have a very pale understanding of what morals mean.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by harakiri(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2012
That's because the concept of "God" is a fallacy.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Ptolomeus(m): 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2012
9jaganja: This is why Wole Soyinka doesn't believe in your imaginary friend:

Second, your is God wanted by Aliens for killing innocent people cause they refused to worship his angry ass, The Quran God is wanted for kidnapping virgin girls and promising them to Islam extremists, Imams and all other male follower of his fallacies. Ever noticed women has almost no portion of greatness in the bible and Quran? Except of course Queen of Sheba who they also made a slut by saying she slept with Solomon( Solomon can't even touch her toes).

Your God is wanted for being Sexists, and disturbing the natural evolution of human beings. Your god tested his radioactive bomb on Sodom and Gomorrah  and vaporized Lot's wife (Once again not salt another bible lie). He is the number 1 serial killer and most wanted in every universe.

Finally, Your god is wanted for being hateful. He hated cain, he murdered beautiful Jezebel for not accepting him into bed. Also, your God is threatening to destroy the world which he never created in the first place but wished he was wiser than his own creator (Mother Nature) . HE RAPED VIRGIN MARY AND SAID IT WAS THE HOLYGHOST!!

Osun has been more objective compared to your god. Osun has been a mother to Africans compared to your hateful God. Come back to the lessons your ancestors taught and you'll find peace within. I compared Ifa teachings and I found out Ifa is simply a guidance to humanity. There is good and evil but you religious cunts only see the evil in traditional religions forgetting there are good and evil practices. Have you seen Osun worshipers? they are as peaceful as they come and they are never blinded by sentiments. Who connected you guys to Jerusalem and Mecca? MUMUS!!!

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP!
(Sincere applause)
No need to add anything else.
Osun t'Oyin!
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by dekung(m): 7:55am On Mar 23, 2012
this @KNOWALL guy doesnt seem to know the difference between a 'theist' and an 'atheist' yet he claims he is a knowall. MuMu
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Ubaks: 12:01am On Feb 25, 2013

Second, your is God wanted by Aliens for killing innocent people cause they refused to worship his angry ass, The Quran God is wanted for kidnapping virgin girls and promising them to Islam extremists, Imams and all other male follower of his fallacies. Ever noticed women has almost no portion of greatness in the bible and Quran? Except of course Queen of Sheba who they also made a slut by saying she slept with Solomon( Solomon can't even touch her toes).

Your God is wanted for being Sexists, and disturbing the natural evolution of human beings. Your god tested his radioactive bomb on Sodom and Gomorrah  and vaporized Lot's wife (Once again not salt another bible lie). He is the number 1 serial killer and most wanted in every universe.

Finally, Your god is wanted for being hateful. He hated cain, he murdered beautiful Jezebel for not accepting him into bed. Also, your God is threatening to destroy the world which he never created in the first place but wished he was wiser than his own creator (Mother Nature) . HE RAPED VIRGIN MARY AND SAID IT WAS THE HOLYGHOST!!

Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 25, 2013

My brother please don't mind these colonized, conquered people. They actually walk around feeling good that they're practicing the religion of their conquerors. They've even been brainwashed to think that God and 'his son' are white folks. Pathetic.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 25, 2013
KnowAll: However people b4 the advent of Christainity in Africa would be exempt from not believing in God, you cannot be purnished for what u did not know.

Africans believed in God thousands of years before those who brought you christianity and islam even existed. Go and learn your history.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by ooman4: 9:16am On Feb 25, 2013
wole is a non theist.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by FregeneAlero(f): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2013
Wole Soyinka is a free thinker

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? / Overcoming Sexual Lust For Christian Youths / Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.