Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! (1444 Views)

As A Freedom Fighter I Prefer Buhari Alive Than Dead / Pastor Adeboye Changes Profile Picture To Jonathan, Cover Photo To Osinbajo / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 5:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
It is not alien to our minds that there has been a lot of disagreements between different sets of people on the question of whether General Buhari or Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is most suitable for our presidential seat. My take is this, I've said it times without number, I can't guarantee General Buhari as the saviour of Nigeria but I believe we just have to choose either of the two evils. The doctrine of necessity requires us to choose the lesser evil.
I must state at this point that I will like to approach this matter from two (funny) perspectives; the intellectual perspective and the mediocre perspective. As regards the intellectual perspective; it is evident from the political atmosphere that Dr. Jonathan nothing reasonable in stock for us and the fact that himself and his party, PDP are attacking personalities, instead of stating what they have for us, is a clear pointer to this fact. This is more evident in the way he governed Nigeria in the years he has served us. In my opinion, he's not a problem-solver. It would be an understatement to say that he is not only corrupt but also encourages and condones corruption(iron sharpeneth iron). If not, why does he find it difficult to expunge corrupt officials?(Case Study; Stella Oduah). Etc etc etc
On the other hand, some have accused Genaral Buhari of being a dictator. They've probably forgotten the fact that the military is different from the civilian regime. In the latter, the legislature and judiciary lay more checks and balances on the executive but it most also be stated that Napoleon Bornaparte said, "the best form of government is one that has an element of all the system of government".
Furthermore, some have complain that the only thing General Buhari has is discipline. If that's the case, we need it! Jim Rohm said "Discipline is the road between goals and accomplishment". Objectivity dictates to us that Dr. Jonathan's administration lacks discipline and that's the reason why the statements "I will do..." could not be followed by "I have done...". Even the opposition have attested to the fact that General Buhari is against corruption. I'm not saying corruption is the only clog in the wheel of Nigeria's progress but I know expunging it will take us further than we are today.
I must also state that all those that have campaigned to me on behalf of Jonathan have not given me any tangible reason why I should vote for him, with particular reference to my Ibo brothers. It's high time we stopped being blindfolded by ethnicity, religious and other sentiments. I don't know General Buhari from anywhere; he's not from my tribe, neither does he practice my religion but the progress of Nigeria is more in need of him than my beloved Goodluck Jonathan whose work can't speak for him.
They talked about his age; I don't think I have much to say than the fact that the incumbent Presidency that's claiming he's too old, we know the number of times they had to be flown abroad for treatment.
It is also pertinent to state that it's no news that a president should be a good public speaker. I must confess, General Buhari's speech at Chatham house thrilled me(it was issue-based, with little bias) as against that of Dr. Jonathan that makes me doubt the credibility of the fact that he was once a lecturer. Someone said Buhari's speech was not written by him, even if it's true, I'm waiting for someone to tell me that all Goodluck Jonathan's speeches are written by him. Besides, the people you surround yourself with will determine the type of personality you will build.-"show me your friend and I will tell you who you are". Similarly, to compare Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's speech to that of Arch Sambo will be an insult although I expect nothing less from the Professor(of Law).
As regards the mediocre perspective, it is very simple! Even if we can never have a good leader in Nigeria(God forbid!) and the only thing all our elected leaders can do is to steal money, LET ANOTHER PERSON STEAL OUR MONEY!!! You will agree with the fact that Jonathan is filled to the extent that he is already vomiting and he is still charting plans for further stealing.
In conclusion, there is one problem we have, the Nigerian followership is bad and this cannot make a good leadership even if the number one person is zealous to spring up a change. Therefore, I implore citizens to let the change begin with the man in the mirror.
Once again, I PREFER BUHARI TO JONATHAN!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by fendorf(m): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
CHANGE is all we need

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by henryangelo: 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
Op I prefer GEJ to buhari due to the fact that buhari believes on slavery but GEJ believes on freedom

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
henryangelo:
Op I prefer GEJ to buhari due to the fact that buhari believes on slavery but GEJ believes on freedom
I doubt it! There are different types of slavery, you know? Just imagine, when the oil reserve was booming, your GEJ was enjoying it with his cabinet and when bankruptcy threatened, he attempted displacing it on the innocent workforce in form of retrenchment. Similarly, what's the better definition of slavery than paying tax and getting nothing for it?

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by medamillion(m): 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
I am simply short of words OP, your generation will never experience any of the difficulties Nigerians have gone through under this man called Jonathan. YOU ARE BLESSED!

I really like this bolded:
Napoleone:
It's high time we stop being blindfolded by ethnicity, religious and other sentiments. I don't know General Buhari from anywhere; he's not from my tribe, neither does he practice my religion but the progress of Nigeria is more in need of him than my beloved Goodluck Jonathan whose work can't speak for him.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by medamillion(m): 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
henryangelo:
From my observation, you are simlpy supporting GEJ based on trbe or religion, but remember what the OP said
Napoleon:
I It's high time we stop being blindfolded by ethnicity, religious and other sentiments. I don't know General Buhari from anywhere; he's not from my tribe, neither does he practice my religion but the progress of Nigeria is more in need of him than my beloved Goodluck Jonathan whose work can't speak for him.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by happichichi25: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
I can't see any single while I will have to prepare buhari to president Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by happichichi25: 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
I can't see any single reason why I will have to prepare buhari to president Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Revolution: 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Let's March 2 Gr-8-ness with Gen. Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by DerKaiser: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nobody gives a shįt who you prefer.

You only have one worthless vote.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by buharimohd: 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
Rubbish

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by buharimohd: 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
Who needs a bitter lieing old man on a revenge mission like Buhari to govern Nigeria? only brainwashed biased people can afford to vote for a man that can't control his mouth Pa Buhari is useless to Nigerians we all know him and his fakeed 30 years ago record the man is almost dieing and he would never smell the seat of power.I need a president I can criticise and not a despot or a dictator who can't be cushioned like Tinubu and Fashola who when criticised in public can lead to death if am lieing ask the lawyer that was killed because he asked questions on the lekki epe toll charges on lagosians I don't want to be under Thiefnu.bu bondage.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 9:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
medamillion:
I am simply short of words OP, your generation will never experience any of the difficulties Nigerians have gone through under this man called Jonathan. YOU ARE BLESSED!

I really like this bolded:
Amen sir! That's my prayer too. However, we have to be the change we desire. I just have a feeling we need a reorientation coupled with selflessness. Just imagine someone telling me he knows Jonathan is a failure but he's supporting him because that's where cool cash comes from. Hasn't he sold the future of his children and unborn generation? So many things I just don't understand.
Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 9:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
happichichi25:
I can't see any single while I will have to prepare buhari to president Goodluck
That's why we are educated! Objectivity requires you to tell us why you would support Jonathan over Buhari. I have a strong feeling you will fall into the category of those that support Jonathan blindly without any concrete reason.
Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
DerKaiser:

you must be an educated illiterate then. That's if at all you are edu talkless of being educated. Must you comment?

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
buharimohd:
Rubbish
I think I'm subject to my own opinion just as you are. Instead of typing before you think, an intellectual will state why he's not in agreement with the post. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by emmysoftyou: 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
none of them are messiah,but i will rather vote for Gej,but if buhari win the up coming election?
i will accept hìm and recieve him as a presìdent

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by henryangelo: 10:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
Napoleone:
I doubt it! There are different types of slavery, you know? Just imagine, when the oil reserve was booming, your GEJ was enjoying it with his cabinet and when bankruptcy threatened, he attempted displacing it on the innocent workforce in form of retrenchment. Similarly, what's the better definition of slavery than paying tax and getting nothing for it?
from your statement I don't think you have ever paid your tax
Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
henryangelo:
from your statement I don't think you have ever paid your tax
Jesus Christ! I reserve the comment you deserve but let me just enlighten you on taxation. There are two main type; direct and indirect taxation. Direct is the one people pay to tax office, that deducted from salaries etc. Why indirect tax is that which is displaced on the people/buyers in form of high prices. So, when I buy airtime, I'm paying taxes to the government in form of higher cost than it would have been if service providers like glo, mtn etc were not required to pay tax to government. So, I PAY TAX!

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 10:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
buharimohd:
Who needs a bitter lieing old man on a revenge mission like Buhari to govern Nigeria? only brainwashed biased people can afford to vote for a man that can't control his mouth Pa Buhari is useless to Nigerians we all know him and his fakeed 30 years ago record the man is almost dieing and he would never smell the seat of power.I need a president I can criticise and not a despot or a dictator who can't be cushioned like Tinubu and Fashola who when criticised in public can lead to death if am lieing ask the lawyer that was killed because he asked questions on the lekki epe toll charges on lagosians I don't want to be under Thiefnu.bu bondage.
Well... I don't want to believe you're one of those that settle for less. Your words corroborates the fact I asserted that Jonathan and his supporter are attacking personality instead of issues. I'm not disputing the fact that Tinubu is a minus for Buhari but tell me those surrounding Jonathan are not worse; Obanikoro? Gbenga Daniel? Fani-kayode? Alison-Madueke? Please bro, it's not all about politics! Just sit down and ask yourself "does this man have anything good in mind for Nigeria?"

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
emmysoftyou:
none of them are messiah,but i will rather vote for Gej,but if buhari win the up coming election?
i will accept hìm and recieve him as a presìdent
Thank you! You must be of utmost sagacity! If you read my post, I stated emphatically that "I can't guarantee Buhari as the savour of Nigeria" but I prefer him to Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by buharimohd: 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
[/b][/size]
Stop been foolish I would tell you people GEJ associates with 1 ADESINA 2 OKONJO IWEALA 3 MIKE ONOLOMEME 4 AGANGA 5 MOBOLAJI JOHNSON MINISTER OF ICT TELECOM AND MANY MORE SO YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO HAVE KORO HIS POLITICAL ASSOCIATE, NOW TELL ME WHO BUHARI HANGS WITH THE PEOPLE THAT PROMISE TO BRING NIGERIA DOWN E.G ATIKU WHO WHEN HE LOST THE PDP PRIMARIES TO PGEJ THREATENED OUR COPERATE EXISTENCE IF NOT FOR GODS INTERVENTION HE SAID AND I QUOTE THOSE WHO REFUSE TO MAKE PEACEFUL CHANGE POSSIBLE WOULD HAVE A VIOLENT CHANGE AND WITH THIS STATEMENT AND THAT OF HIS CAMPAIGN MANAGER THAT THEY WOULD MAKE THE COUNTRY UNGOVERNABLE LED TO THE FULL ESTABLISHMENT OF BOKO HARAM EVIL BOMBING THE OCT 1ST BOMBING ETC LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT BUHARIS STATEMENT ANYONE SAYING WE SHOULD HAND OVER NIGERIA TO THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE IS AN ENEMY OF THIS COUNTRY, YES JONATHAN HAS HIS DEFICIENCIES BUT STILL A BETTER OPTION TO BUHARI IN HIS NEXT TENURE HE WOULD WORK ON IT.[b]
[size=12pt]

Napoleone:
Well... I don't want to believe you're one of those that settle for less. Your words corroborates the fact I asserted that Jonathan and his supporter are attacking personality instead of issues. I'm not disputing the fact that Tinubu is a minus for Buhari but tell me those surrounding Jonathan are not worse; Obanikoro? Gbenga Daniel? Fani-kayode? Alison-Madueke? Please bro, it's not all about politics! Just sit down and ask yourself "does this man have anything good in mind for Nigeria?"
Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
buharimohd:
[/b][/size]
Stop been foolish I would tell you people GEJ associates with 1 ADESINA 2 OKONJO IWEALA 3 MIKE ONOLOMEME 4 AGANGA 5 MOBOLAJI JOHNSON MINISTER OF ICT TELECOM AND MANY MORE SO YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO HAVE KORO HIS POLITICAL ASSOCIATE, NOW TELL ME WHO BUHARI HANGS WITH THE PEOPLE ITHAT PROMISE TO BRING NIGERIA DOWN E.G ATIKU WHO WHEN HE LOST THE PDP PRIMARIES TO PGEJ THREATENED OUR COPERATE EXISTENCE IF NOT FOR GODS INTERVENTION HE SAID AND I QUOTE THOSE WHO REFUSE TO MAKE PEACEFUL CHANGE POSSIBLE WOULD HAVE A VIOLENT CHANGE AND WITH THIS STATEMENT AND THAT OF HIS CAMPAIGN MANAGER THAT THEY WOULD MAKE THE COUNTRY UNGOVERNABLE LED TO THE FULL ESTABLISHMENT OF BOKO HARAM EVIL BOMBING THE OCT 1ST BOMBING ETC LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT BUHARIS STATEMENT ANYONE SAYING WE SHOULD HAND OVER NIGERIA TO THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE IS AN ENEMY OF THIS COUNTRY, YES JONATHAN HAS HIS DEFICIENCIES BUT STILL A BETTER OPTION TO BUHARI IN HIS NEXT TENURE HE WOULD WORK ON IT.[b]
[size=12pt]

Well...I guess you deserve no response. that's immature
Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 7:27am On Mar 14, 2015
fendorf:
CHANGE is all we need
Definitely! But we must also be the change we desire.
Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by AmucheJane(f): 7:36am On Mar 14, 2015
“Why you” you send and who cares who you prefer or not. One man one vote.
Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by linuxuser(m): 7:41am On Mar 14, 2015
buharimohd:
[/b][/size]
Stop been foolish I would tell you people GEJ associates with 1 ADESINA 2 OKONJO IWEALA 3 MIKE ONOLOMEME 4 AGANGA 5 MOBOLAJI JOHNSON MINISTER OF ICT TELECOM AND MANY MORE SO YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO HAVE KORO HIS POLITICAL ASSOCIATE, NOW TELL ME WHO BUHARI HANGS WITH THE PEOPLE THAT PROMISE TO BRING NIGERIA DOWN E.G ATIKU WHO WHEN HE LOST THE PDP PRIMARIES TO PGEJ THREATENED OUR COPERATE EXISTENCE IF NOT FOR GODS INTERVENTION HE SAID AND I QUOTE THOSE WHO REFUSE TO MAKE PEACEFUL CHANGE POSSIBLE WOULD HAVE A VIOLENT CHANGE AND WITH THIS STATEMENT AND THAT OF HIS CAMPAIGN MANAGER THAT THEY WOULD MAKE THE COUNTRY UNGOVERNABLE LED TO THE FULL ESTABLISHMENT OF BOKO HARAM EVIL BOMBING THE OCT 1ST BOMBING ETC LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT BUHARIS STATEMENT ANYONE SAYING WE SHOULD HAND OVER NIGERIA TO THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE IS AN ENEMY OF THIS COUNTRY, YES JONATHAN HAS HIS DEFICIENCIES BUT STILL A BETTER OPTION TO BUHARI IN HIS NEXT TENURE HE WOULD WORK ON IT.[b]
[size=12pt]

hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by Napoleone(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2015
AmucheJane:
“Why you” you send and who cares who you prefer or not. One man one vote.
Like I said, I'm entitled to my own opinion and I'm not interested in knowing whether you care or not! The best thing would have been for you to just move on...must you comment? undecided Oh! You want me to see your beautiful profile picture? Well...you're beautiful but your idea mentality was not beautiful. The two must go pari passu. Thank you
Re: Why I Prefer Buhari To Jonathan!!! by SkinnyDude(m): 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
DerKaiser:

bros, did the Alcatra001 guy later visit you? i read how he was threatening people with death on that mrs osibanjo pix.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Dishes Out Educated Insult To Mama Peace / Hilarious Photos And Meme On The 2015 Nigeria Elections / Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.