Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,888 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. (21658 Views)

2015 Immigration Recruitment Exercise In Pictures / Check if you are Shortlisted On Immigration Recruitment / Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Collynzo419: 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
A year after pledging jobs to families who lost loved ones during a deadly recruitment by the Nigeria Immigration, President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday, finally, handed out money and appointment letters to the beneficiaries.
Mr. Jonathan gave N75 million (N5million to each family) as well as employment letters to families of those who died in the botched exercise.
Fifteen applicants lost their lives in multiple stampedes across job recruitment venues across the country, as hundreds of thousands thronged the stadia used as examination venues, to vie for the jobs.
Despite the scandal that followed, as it became clear the Minister of Interior, Patrick Abba Moro, was behind the sloppy handling of the exercise, Mr. Jonathan has refused the fire the minister, a close ally of the Senate President, David Mark.
A Senate investigation into the matter confirmed that Mr. Moro singlehandedly selected a company to conduct the recruitment, violating government rules.
Worse, the firm, Drexel Limited, charged each of the more than 500,000 candidates, N1000, for the examinations they eventually did not write.
Mr. Jonathan retained the minister and also refused to order that the money be refunded.
The president merely cancelled the exercise and promised jobs to families of the victims.
Even that pledge has taken a year and public outcry to be fulfilled.
On Friday, each of the families of the deceased was handed a cheque of N5million naira each, while three family members were given employment letters.
Speaking shortly after, Mr. Jonathan said the incident will never repeat itself.
“I promise this country that such will not happen again. This will be the last of such things,” he said.
Mr. Jonathan said the money given to the families of the deceased should not be seen as compensation because it cannot replace the lives lost.
The Comptroller General of the Immigration Service, David Paradang, told journalists that out of the 45 candidates due employment beneficiaries, 10 had to be replaced because they did not meet the criteria of the service.
He explained that some of them were shorter than required, overweight or over-aged adding that the families of the 10 were asked to bring replacement for their slots.
He noted that some of those who are graduates were employed as Assistant Superintendent, those with National Certificate of Education, were employed as Assistant Inspectors, while those with the West African School Certificate, were employed as Immigration Officers 3.
The Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, said the government accepts the incident as an act that was not planned for.
He said those wounded in the exercise will not be forgotten adding that they will be included in the second phase recruitment which is ongoing till May.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/178456-one-year-after-jonathan-gives-immigration-recruitment-victims-money-jobs.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Collynzo419: 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Too Late Outgoing President

This is inhuman treatment of your citizens. You deserted these Nigerians for a year and you are now using them to score cheap political points? How dare you Sir?

The Minister that coordinated the sham/scam is still in employment in your administration and no one has taken responsibility for the loss of lives.

Nigerians will respond accordingly on March 28

Change is what we want sir. Safe journey to Otueke

238 Likes 12 Shares

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Collynzo419: 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
These people were abandoned for a year and now 2 weeks before elections, GEJ remembers to compensate them?

Nigerians deserve better treatment from their leaders in the 21st century.

#Wehavedecided

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by HURUCHI(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
Collynzo419:
Too Late

Indeed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Atyodos: 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
Medicine after Death

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Kelklein(m): 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
Part of the six weeks emergency marathon...

In other news:

this op greedy o... Only you post, do FTC, do STC,.. Nna e!

P. S: Want to announce that special skill you've acquired during your work experience... Do that now on the ongoing ELITE EMPLOYEE QUEST 2015...It's FREE! http:///115720f4

5 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by helphelp: 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Issokay...

All na strategy though

4 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by tyson99(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
ok
Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by ozo13(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Chop I chop business. Anyway nice move bt too late

5 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Burger01(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
What of others who suffered post incidence emotional trauma and various injuries, what about them!?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
Transformation in action!!!

Six weeks to end insurgency
Settles people that died in immigration

Waiting for more...

Nigeria is a place full of jokers both apc and pdp

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Sweetlemon(f): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
Jonathan!
Oh Jesus! This is getting out of hand!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
how does that stop GEJ from sending the cattle rearer back to daura

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by celeron40(m): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
Now that elections are here?
#NeverAgain will Nigeria be ruled by a drunkard of "Stealingisnotcorruption" and "IcalledMorroco" fame.gringrin..Morrocco ko, Albania ni.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by efilefun(m): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
If you like distribute 100Million each, you neglected the deceased while they were alive, will the money bring their souls back?

If Buhari can make a man that is not serious in 6 years to be serious in 6 weeks! It means 1 week of Buhari as president will be a great blessing

Nigerians waiting for elections day to sack President Jonathan like

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by naijainfogalery: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
Oga Jona well done. Just remember that you made me lose a job once after you came to lagos and i was stuck in holdup for many hours, Oya come and pay me my own compensation. this one wey everybody just dey get their own share.

i hope some of your media guys see this.

I think i love oil job, and if you put me in one of your ministerial list i dont mind oh sorry i mind , not forgetting you might lose this March abeg just gimme my share instead even the job security sef no dey cos this CHANGE thing can befall someone if you lose. abeg just gimme money i would prefare cash the one baba buhari wont be able to trace when he enters

lol

JOKES APART
If Jonathan had been doing all this things from the first day, no one would have considered Buhari which leaves me with just one point. Jonathan is ready to sell Nigeria just to see himself re-elected come May.
Whoever comes back in either Jonathan or Buhari will have a lot of work to do, Nigerians dont know whats happening yet, Nigeria is going broke and our Government is borrowing/taking a lot of foreign reserve to try to manipulate/stabilize it. Its after this election that we would know how far.

i cant just wait for this election to be over. The kinda economic downtown in Nigeria right now wont leave for the next 6 years. Nigerians both the peiople shouting change or the ones screaming transformation knows nothing

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by ifeelgood: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
What do you think the US would have done with this kind of tragedy? Considering the value she placed on her citizens.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by notoriousbabe: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
Baba peace wan remain in office by all means grin

13 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by slimpoppa(m): 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
Why is it coming now.

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Lastdon02(m): 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
ok next?

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by canalily(m): 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
Eeh! shocked some people will be regreting why they didnt die that timegrin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by omenka(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Oga desperado don come again!! gringrin

If he likes, he can go settle Lucifer and King Tut, he's a goner.

Shame dey catch me for u Mr President. cheesy

Be that as it may, as inappropriate as the timing is, I hope these dimwitted meatballs on this forum can see the need for a viable and strong opposition. Had there not been a real threat to the seat the incumbent occupies, none of these last minute show of love would have come from the I don't give a damn crooner.

21 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by marketoro(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Too late or whatsoever, na jonathan kill dem? People are now so very blind cos of politics

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by ionsman: 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Basket Brain don start with e madness again.....For the affected families,its a good gesture, but for us the remaining sensible Nigerians, this can't sway us Jonathan. Stop trying too hard.
Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by blackandbold: 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
lol..I said it several times that within the 6wks election extension the case will be suddenly revisited wit proper oublic announcement.as I have always said..it is a welcome development. more revisit to 6yrs post pending issue s to receive attention within the next two wks.its a good thing though..at least somethings seems to be driving th into doing the right thing...possibly the fear of the inevitable.

1 Like

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by holatin(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
D minister was nt dismissed, d money dose people contributed wasnt refund, na after a year gej remember them.
And sume satanist go say gej loves nigerian or feel our suffering.

Kontinu

sai baba
gmb/pyo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by kennosklint(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
hmmm

1 Like

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by Mintayo(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nawa o, if only my grandma attended this interview.... grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by olola4(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
election strategy from d stable of....

People Deceiving Party(P.D.P.)

After how many month...I can imagine d pain d family will av passed through b4 dey GET IT.
GET IT?
Even if it is real
mtcheew

we need change
sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. by bayulll01(m): 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
Wrong move mr dumbo you are just too desperate what about those involve in the sham exercise are u persecuting them,if nigerian vote for this guy next election I solemnly swear to relocate to kenya,two weeks to elections and our amiable president just decide to act

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NASIMS Portal Issues / What Do You Do And How Much Do You Get Paid? / GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.