Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,705 members, 7,955,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Will Ability To Speak Multiple Language Help My CV And Employment Prospects? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will Ability To Speak Multiple Language Help My CV And Employment Prospects? (651 Views)

Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality / How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Ability To Speak Multiple Language Help My CV And Employment Prospects? by Symphony007: 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
Hello guys!! Since I entered the university I have been really scared of what comes after, people think i'm crazy, when others were celebrating university admission, I was pondering employment after school due to the massive unemployment, so I came up with the idea if building myself outside the course i'm doing in school, I have spent a lot of money attending computing lectures and seminars on modern computer tools, now I am actively studying languages I have started with French and hope to learn at least 5 before I graduate from school, but it is very expensive and stressful, I have told it will drain my wallet and even distract me from my course in school but I belive the benefits will outweigh the sacrifices....despite my belief I still want to be sure so I don't waste significant resources and time of my life that I don't have. will the ability to speak multiple languages endear me to employers?
Re: Will Ability To Speak Multiple Language Help My CV And Employment Prospects? by Symphony007: 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
It is very expensive! I am paying 20,000 Naira per month and classes only hold three times a week...and these are foreign languages, how long am I to go on like this? I don't care though but is it worth it?
Re: Will Ability To Speak Multiple Language Help My CV And Employment Prospects? by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 14, 2015
You dont have to be scared of tomorrow
You have to trust God and do the best you can, So you dont get depressed after school

Focus on now
Enjoy learning something that will help you navigate life tomorrow. It must not fetch you a job but believe me, its no waste
Re: Will Ability To Speak Multiple Language Help My CV And Employment Prospects? by XtraSmooth404: 10:17am On Mar 14, 2015
If you can afford it, pls go for it. I'm planning on doing that too. You will be glad you did.
Re: Will Ability To Speak Multiple Language Help My CV And Employment Prospects? by ClassyTins(f): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2015
Symphony007:
Hello guys!! Since I entered the university I have been really scared of what comes after, people think i'm crazy, when others were celebrating university admission, I was pondering employment after school due to the massive unemployment, so I came up with the idea if building myself outside the course i'm doing in school, I have spent a lot of money attending computing lectures and seminars on modern computer tools, now I am actively studying languages I have started with French and hope to learn at least 5 before I graduate from school, but it is very expensive and stressful, I have told it will drain my wallet and even distract me from my course in school but I belive the benefits will outweigh the sacrifices....despite my belief I still want to be sure so I don't waste significant resources and time of my life that I don't have. will the ability to speak multiple languages endear me to employers?

Seriously, you have taken a good step, its an investment that will be worth the while in the end. You can join our french forum on nairaland too.

Good luck to you ... But have it in mind that language learning is really really challenging.

(1) (Reply)

Jobs At Jumia Nigeria / Job Alert. Pls Help A Brother / Human Relation Manager Vacancy At Cadbury Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.