Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,807 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job (19091 Views)

He Missed A Mouth Watering Job In An Oil Firm On The Day Of The Interview / I Just Missed A Job Due To Incapable Hands At Pruvia Consulting Limited, / Funny Reasons People Have Lost Job Opportunities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by Saved2Serve: 3:51am On Mar 14, 2015
Our fears and comfort zones only limits us. Been in this contract job since 5yrs ago after graduating from the university. 3yrs into the work, I felt enslaved, underpaid and I saw no career growth. I desire change. I kept reluctantly searching for better opportunities. I also overlooked some job vacancies on the notion the companies are not big players like my erstwhile employer.

Within me, I needed change but I never knew such change must come with a price not on a platter of gold. The global oil fall saw us out of the oil job; surely contract staffs are always the first to get hit in time of recession. We stayed at home with no pay nor notice of our retrenchment.

I dusted my CV, pimped the living daylight into it. Prayed upon it. I decided to leave Nigeria labor market and lunch into deep (international). I joined (applied to) 23 oil and gas recruiting sites across the globe. I also subscribed to 15 recruiting/outsourcing firms. I pimped my LinkedIn profile, updated carefully; paid for 2nd level connection and made new connections in the industry. I connected with recruiters. Had friends recommend me on my linkedin profile. I optimized my profile on google such that if you are searching for people with my expetience especially in Nigeria, my will profile will be in first 5 result. There was results. There was no day I didn't drop an application. I ransacked the Internet. I learnt a lot about job search in this period of my joblessness. I discovered things I will share latter. Have you ever seen a job post you know 100% you are fit for it, yet they throw away your application. You receive a regret mail, without even getting to interview? I Will tell u why.

So after a week, I started getting calls from recruiters oversea saying they saw my CV on so so website and cares to know if I am Interested in a job in so so company and country. We will talk and negotiate terms. Calls came after the other till I got one that is with full expatriate package. I jumped at it.

Now I am back to my feet. To God be the glory. This period has not been easy I came to wonder how people with mouths to feed have stayed longer. Teachers especially. Chai!!! I say to you Never give up my friend in same situation. Help is on the way.

Packing things.....Relocation tinz....Oluwa lifting me up even in recession and redundancy. Father do same for people in this pitiable situation, if not for their sakes,, do it for the sake of those young innocent mouths and elderly mouths they will help. Amen!!!

354 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by Badgers14: 4:12am On Mar 14, 2015
Congratulations

Thanks for sharing your inspiring story .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by Tbillz(m): 4:19am On Mar 14, 2015
Thank God for your life and I hope that's a stepping stone for U IJN

2 Likes

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by ben4ever(m): 5:22am On Mar 14, 2015
Congratulations! Always know that every thing happens for a reason, if you don’t fall, you will never have thought of going bigger. Please kindly share with us the details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by lymelyte(m): 6:24am On Mar 14, 2015
@op, I hope you do not mind telling us the country? grin

1 Like

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2015
Congratulations... grin many more better achievements I wish you.

Remember service to humanity.
Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by XketchDesigns(m): 6:57am On Mar 14, 2015
Congratulations bro. That's the good side of having experience. In your case the experience was a very good one.

I believe this story also tells way more that not giving up, one of the moral is that make sure you get a job that you develop yourself and there's career development even if the money is not so good.

7 Likes

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by abumeinben(m): 8:02am On Mar 14, 2015
Saved2Serve:
Our fears and comfort zones only limits us. Been in this contract job since 5yrs ago after graduating from the university. 3yrs into the work, I felt enslaved, underpaid and I saw no career growth. I desire change. I kept reluctantly searching for better opportunities. I also overlooked some job vacancies on the notion the companies are not big players like my erstwhile employer.

Within me, I needed change but I never knew such change must come with a price not on a platter of gold. The global oil fall saw us out of the oil job; surely contract staffs are always the first to get hit in time of recession. We stayed at home with no pay nor notice of our retrenchment.

I dusted my CV, pimped the living daylight into it. Prayed upon it. I decided to leave Nigeria labor market and lunch into deep (international). I joined (applied to) 23 oil and gas recruiting sites across the globe. I also subscribed to 15 recruiting/outsourcing firms. I pimped my LinkedIn profile, updated carefully; paid for 2nd level connection and made new connections in the industry. I connected with recruiters. Had friends recommend me on my linkedin profile. I optimized my profile on google such that if you are searching for people with my expetience especially in Nigeria, my will profile will be in first 5 result. There was results. There was no day I didn't drop an application. I ransacked the Internet. I learnt a lot about job search in this period of my joblessness. I discovered things I will share latter. Have you ever seen a job post you know 100% you are fit for it, yet they throw away your application. You receive a regret mail, without even getting to interview? I Will tell u why.

So after a week, I started getting calls from recruiters oversea saying they saw my CV on so so website and cares to know if I am Interested in a job in so so company and country. We will talk and negotiate terms. Calls came after the other till I got one that is with full expatriate package. I jumped at it.

Now I am back to my feet. To God be the glory. This period has not been easy I came to wonder how people with mouths to feed have stayed longer. Teachers especially. Chai!!! I say to you Never give up my friend in same situation. Help is on the way.

Packing things.....Relocation tinz....Oluwa lifting me up even in recession and redundancy. Father do same for people in this pitiable situation, if not for their sakes,, do it for the sake of those young innocent mouths and elderly mouths they will help. Amen!!!

Congrats bros.....

for the contract stuff, am going through same and infact some had 10% deducted from their little alawi. Bro how did u actually brace up/optimize ur CV and online presence?

2 Likes

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by lalasticlala(m): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2015
Congratulations.. Nice one.. Quite inspiring.. And you really took the bull by the horn.. And ur efforts paid off..
Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by stevikenna: 8:44am On Mar 14, 2015
INSPIRING PIECE
I WOULD RATHER SPEND MY TIME BUILDING MY OWN COMPANY THO

7 Likes

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2015
Congrats
Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by ohosi4real(m): 8:48am On Mar 14, 2015
Okay oooo, u get luck
Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by goshen26: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2015
congrats
Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2015
You typed a lot of words , yet you didn't say anything . People , look before you take a leap . I await second epistle of this thread .

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by free2ryhme: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2015
Saved2Serve:

I like your story e too sweet

1 Like

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by DeCritique(m): 8:50am On Mar 14, 2015
Wow... Congrats bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by Adyrin(m): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2015
God will provide!

Congratulations...so glad you testified of Gods goodness in your life!

Keying into this testimony; I will testify come April 15th.

3 Likes

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by Kelklein(m): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2015
amen to that last prayer ...congrats 2 u!
Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by dicksonadams(m): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2015
Your story is motivating but doest give pointers to others...

2 Likes

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 14, 2015
stevikenna:
INSPIRING PIECE
I WOULD RATHER SPEND MY TIME BUILDING MY OWN COMPANY THO

...not when your country don't give a sh-t about you.

1 Like

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by nerodenero: 8:54am On Mar 14, 2015
Never too late to rise again!
Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by obajoey(m): 8:56am On Mar 14, 2015
It is well. Mine is the next.. My testimony on d way. Congrat.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by okoroko(m): 8:57am On Mar 14, 2015
Congrats bro..it is just a matter of dedication, commitment and focus... with God all things are possible!..
Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by gurunlocker: 8:58am On Mar 14, 2015
more success bro
Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by emmysoftyou: 9:00am On Mar 14, 2015
congrat bro,my own prayer now is to get a bigger one that s better than the one am doing now,
a bigger one that will enable me to feed others apart frm my ralatives and friends..
which i smell the favour of the job so soon.

1 Like

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by UncleJudax(m): 9:02am On Mar 14, 2015
1stola:

Ok.
Good for you.
Just here to shout!
KAI goodLOCK angry
SAI BUHARI!!! smiley
I hope you are getting paid for the shouting? Because PDP and APC are one and the same.

4 Likes

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by profolateju: 9:02am On Mar 14, 2015
It's been by the mercies of God almighty. If you hadn't been retrenched you wouldn't leave what appeared to be a bondage and enslaved job like you said. Most times we limit ourselves to a particular confinement due to fear and biased conscience not knowing there's something better to explore.
Happy for you bro. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Lost Job Due To Oil Industry Recession But Got Mouth Watering Job by acidtalk: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2015
The problem with Nigerians and black people as a whole is that they are damn too secretive and never willing to help or share beneficial information.

The average black man feels by sharing his success details, he will go hungry.

OP, BE STRAIGHT FORWARD AND STOP GIVING HALF BAKED DETAILS. Bear in mind I don't need your details as I am employer of labour and not the other way. But for the benefit of those in your shoes.

Tell them facts and how they can help themselves instead of flipflap stories they can't make use of.

41 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-power Batch C: You Cannot Use A Mobile Phone To Complete The Biometrics / Vacancies @ Coolworld (PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc) - July 2014 / Apply For Vacancy For A Full Time Teller In UBA (Different Locations)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.