Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room (45157 Views)

Help!!! My Laptop Does Not Detect My Hsdpa Modem / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive / How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by frank4t(m): 11:32am On Mar 14, 2015
u watch. too much spy movies
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by stanisbaratheon: 11:33am On Mar 14, 2015
politricks:
Good for those that uses hotels. As for me, i go around with my house.

guy your brain press?? gringrin
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by Rexnegro(m): 11:34am On Mar 14, 2015
politricks:
Good for those that uses hotels. As for me, i go around with my house.
Really ? That must be a caravan attached to a truck vehicle huh ? I like that if yes
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by onatisi(m): 11:34am On Mar 14, 2015
@op, there are some questions which needs to be cleared. Some phone cameras aren't powerful and they can only view effectively from certain distince.how does one go about this? do one need to stand in the middle of the room to do the scanning or anywhere in the room?
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by veraiyke(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2015
Very good
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by Rooy57(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2015
Noted.
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by AreaFada2: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2015
Wisdytech:

When you stay in an hotel, how do you know there is no room pinhole camera?

When you travel or take a business trip, and stay in a hotel or a guest house or room you could unknowingly be photographed.

You can use this method to check your room:
When you enter into the room, turn off the lights, and close the curtains, open your phone camera, do not turn the flash light on.Turn around the room with your cell phone.

When a red dot is found, that means that a hidden web camera is installed. If no red dots, the
room is ok.

Please forward this message to your friends who travels alot or take business trips. Best wishes to you (Brainnews Nigeria).

http://brainnewsng.com/how-to-detect-an-hidden-camera-in-a-room-a-must-read/

cool
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by Sacramento4real(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2015
Another simple way of knowing if there is something fishy is when a hotel manager or room service takes a special interest in a particular room.So,i and my bae travelled to Lag the other day.When we got there,we checked into an hotel.After agreeing for the said price,i asked the room service who was to go show us the available rooms hope the rooms are kool.
Me:Guy,i hope say una rooms tight o?

Room service:Bros,u nor get wahala.Our rooms bam.Make i give u dis Room E5.You go like am.

Me:Why u feel say i go like am?How e take different 4rm d other ones?

Room service:Bros,nothing o.As u and sist just dey so,i just believe say dat room go fit una.

Me:Nor worry,make we see anoda one.I nor want dat one.

That was how we chose a room for ourselves.Do u know that guy tried to make me use that room?And even when i entered the one we chose,after he had left,i had to do some check on my own.I checked the ceiling for any possible crack.I checked the Airconditional vents.infact my bae tire 4 me sef.That's what i usually do whenever i check into a hotel,to avoid stories that touch.

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by tomzman: 11:54am On Mar 14, 2015
Short but loaded. Thanks op.
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by M4gunners: 11:56am On Mar 14, 2015
Good one bro. But it is proper for a hotel to place a hidden camera in the room i mean didn't one have privacy again?
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by bobbyruffy(m): 11:57am On Mar 14, 2015
Where will the read dot appear?
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:59am On Mar 14, 2015
okoyemike:
Why would I be afraid of hidden camera if I am theere to rest or sleep. This would only excite ladies

Just kidding grin
you beter be kiding,by the time sombody wil post ur unclard picture when u r about to become governor of ur state, that time u go know.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by Toktee(m): 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
uviesa:
afta dat wetin we go do?start to pose for selfie abi
chop chewing gum,use am cover the camera,shikina.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by emmabest2000(m): 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
Wisdytech:

When you travel or take a business trip, and stay in a hotel or a guest house or room you could unknowingly be photographed.

When you enter into the room, turn off the lights, and close the curtains, open your phone camera, do not turn the flash light on.Turn around the room with your cell phone.

When a red dot is found, that means that a hidden web camera is installed. If no red dots, the
room is ok.

Please forward this message to your friends who travels alot or take business trips. Best wishes to you (Brainnews Nigeria).

not every hidden cams has red dot , some are lightless

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by johnsonjosbles(m): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
[quote author=johnsonjosbles post=31607315]you beter be kiding,by the time sombody wil post ur unclard picture when u r about to become governor of ur state, that time u go know.[]Remember! Throw back pix of gov candidate when he was sleeping around! Lol
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by onatisi(m): 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
I think iphone has this app on its phone .it is called hidden camera detector.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by IYANGBALI: 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
The irony of the whole thing is that most people will not remember this again when they get to their hotel rooms. Their minds go done dey for how to do the bad thing wey carry dem go to the hotel grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by akpanikpe(m): 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
yuncka:
Nice thread. This will reduce the amount of sex tape making wave online.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by Profkomolafe(m): 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
Wisdytech:

room is ok.

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by teeghurl(f): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
rago:
great post, OP

However, u failed to mention where to point the switched-on camera on my phone to

I mean, nobody is talking about ds

u enter a room, darken it up, switch on ur phone camera,
and Where does one POINT The phone camera to?

pls, be totally spexific and on point

are we gonna point down our camera and then expect to c a red dot smwhere..
Wisdom is a principal thing... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by kandiikane(m): 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
Not all hidden cameras come with a red dot.
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by DOD1: 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
Wisdytech:

room is ok.

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by cycline404(m): 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
Saved, great topic.
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by Skoopy(m): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
I do know of this too, same with remote controls, to test if a remote is ok, just turn on your phone camera and then point the remote censor or bulb directly to d camera while your press any botton on the remote and watch from the screen. If you notice light on your screen, then the remote is perfect.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by NumberOne2(m): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
This will probably work for 50% of the time. So if the CAM is behind the Mirror?
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by uviesa(m): 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
Toktee:
chop chewing gum,use am cover the camera,shikina.
akpola
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by Chrisx1x(m): 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
allanphash7:
How can i stop seeing segun adewale advert on my NL page?

That is alli need pls
turn off ur picture in ur browser settings.thats all
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by dozymars(m): 1:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
rago:
great post, OP

However, u failed to mention where to point the switched-on camera on my phone to

I mean, nobody is talking about ds

u enter a room, darken it up, switch on ur phone camera,
and Where does one POINT The phone camera to?

pls, be totally spexific and on point

are we gonna point down our camera and then expect to c a red dot smwhere..

Use your brain.
If u like point your phone inside the toilet bowl to find the hidden camera.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by rago(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
dozymars:

Use your brain.
If u like point your phone inside the toilet bowl to find the hidden camera.

are u the OP? coz i dnt even no, Mr. Smart

the job of enlightenment requires a great deal of being absolutely on point.
Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by rago(m): 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
teeghurl:
Wisdom is a principal thing... lipsrsealed

people of wisdom full nairaland

1 Like

Re: How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room by KingsleyCEO: 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
If you find out there is a camera, just hide your belt behind you and politely knock on the manager's door, pretending you just want to talk. God help him if he opens because he will need the blood of Jesus to survive... cheesy cheesy gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BESTPRICE VENTURES LTD: Gadgets & Accessories / CISCO Thread: CISCO Professionals Identify Yourselves / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.