Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,868 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC (15261 Views)

EFCC: N676m Immigration Jobs Cash Blown On Houses / EFCC Invites Board Secretary, Sylvanus Tagun, Over Immigration Jobs Tragedy / INEC Announces Results In Benue, Jonathan Taking The Lead - Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by abu12: 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-taking-advantage-of-immigration-jobs-tragedy-apc/

The All Progressives Congress has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of taking political advantage of calamities that have befallen Nigeria under his watch, saying giving N5m toeach family that lost a relative in the Immigration recruitment exercise after one year is not only belated but aimed at soliciting votes.In a statement issued in Lagos on Saturday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party wondered why it took thePresident one year to act on the promise he made to the families, adding that but for the forthcoming elections, the President would have simply ignored the families, “in his usual style.””The truth is that this President was forced to act because of the elections.

Otherwise, why has it taken one year for the President to redeem his promise to the bereaved families? Why has hisAdministration not sanctioned those who sent innocent job seekers to their early graves after extorting them? Why is the Interior Minister,Mr. Abba Moro, who presided over the deaths, still in office, virtually dancing on the graves of those innocent youths?”Sunday, March 15th, will mark one year since those vibrant youths were lured to their deaths by a callous federal government that failed them in all ramifications, including the security of their lives and the assurance of their welfare, the raison d’etre of any government.

It is therefore utterly reprehensible, immoral and wicked for the same administration to seek to make political gains out of the needless tragedy,” it said.APC said President Jonathan, “in his desperation for re-election, has also sought to take political advantage of other tragedies, including the Buni Yadi massacre of school children and the abduction of Chibok girls.”After refusing to even visit the families of those school children in Buni Yadi and Chibok, the President suddenly woke up and startedsending delegations to meet with them, all this because he needs votes. As a parent himself, how will the President feel if he had been so treated? Why must the President put his re-election over and above everything else, including the welfare and security of Nigerians? Is there no limit to desperation.”

It said Nigerians are keenly aware of the fact that this President has suddenly woken up from his deep slumber and become artificiallyhyperactive, making repeated visits to regions that he had neglected in the past six years and doling out hard currencies even at a time the Naira was taking a beating, all for election purposes.”No one is fooled by the antics of a desperate President, and in the fullness of time,

Nigerians will show President Jonathan and his cohorts that they are not impressed by his pretend governance,” APCsaid.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
K-leg tactic! The same way Boko haram is used as a pawn.

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by clevvermind(m): 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
Immediately you join APC, the next is to lose your
senses!

126 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by NetBizguy: 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
I know am not the first to comment neither am I too far from the top of this page that made home page, what will I do with this position to make money now, that's what I want to know now cause I need to pay shop rent 180k, buy terminal printer 30k and start betting shop as an agent to any of the many punters in the country. from there I can raise enough money to venture and explore my Unique Ideas, sorry for sounding like this but if I had 200k I will escalate and never know ground again. 07064855603.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by BruzMoney(m): 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
clevvermind:

senses!

Change your moniker to Foolishmind please

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
Not exactly.

Inasmuch as I do not like the PDP.....it does take time to verify/sift genuine claimants from the fakes. Then there is the bureaucracy....and the fact that financial compensation has to be worked out from the ever tight budget.(''No, you can't take money from there!"wink.

P.S....I wonder why no one has been sacked yet for the fiasco.?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by NetBizguy: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
clevvermind:

senses!
na so

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Chinatownm(m): 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
Anytin we do APC must talk. why?. GEJ till 2019 jare.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Collynzo419: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
13 days to the actualization of Change in Nigeria

You cannot expect to achieve in 6 weeks what you could not do in 6 years.

Nigeria is now nearly bankrupt because the presidency is using all federal financial resources to hoodwink Nigerians- it will not work!

Change is what we want.

#wehavedecided

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by harffie(m): 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
True talk!

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
its a pity....... and yet some people don't see anything wrong in it. infact they are praising him... i really don't know what to say again

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Calebosko(m): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
tunder strike Apc for that talk,i cant beleav they said dat,if PDP honour their parent they may even disown them all because of the hate they have for PDP,
Where in the ENTIRE world have you ever
head of immediate compensation after a
tragedy? How long did it take Lagos State
government to return school fees to the
students of LASU? Are they still not owing
other batches of students? This APC people
behave like they smoke their brooms. It is
either that or they've used their brooms to
sweep their brains away. Smh.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by aristocrazzy: 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
They are correct about that. GEJ smart for his mind,campaign strategy. GMB has none.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by ekim004(m): 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
Gej is the worse tin that can happen 2 sum1s lyf afta 1 year he remembered dem while some idiots still gat d guts 2 say gej till 2019 dem neva chop o dem neva get lyt dem dey support PDP as 4 me#ihavedecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by MadCow1: 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
My thoughts exactly..

I wonder why the families of those killed by the same methodology by the same Immigrations during their recruitment exercise in 2008 did not get the same 75 million Naira Largess..

I guess he only way to get money from the government is to sacrifice one of your family members to a Federal government tragedy..

What a Nation..

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by efilefun(m): 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
Change is the only constant thing in human life and Nigeria will experience that CHANGE come May 29 by the special grace of God, we are tired of all this politically motivated goodies. So sure if this man wins a single road will never be completed, all those tractors you seeing now will either disappear or get damaged on that same spot. Someone that stayed almost 6yrs without any tangible achievements now forming "the boy is good" just few days to election.... Lmao we know your tricks, just make sure ur luggages are well packed Cuz Aso rock to otuoke road ain't smooth.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by OtunbaJega: 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
GMB o jare

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by bakusha(m): 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
it s well

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by anytexy: 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
TOuts every where. Why did it take Fashola so long to reduce LASU fees if not for the same reason. Nobody can decieve me by mere propaganda. APC are not better than PDP. Na the same people. Thief's!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by kennosklint(m): 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
dats hw a wise man roll.notin 4 apc.Gej till apc confess Jesus is Lord.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by elisjini: 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
APC will never change, always complaining about all the actions President GEJ is taking.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Immarshall: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
Jona-daft doing everything possible to win elections

The truth is that he doesn't really care about the families of the deceased,otherwise it wouldnt have taken this long..
Why cant mr president do anything at the right time.well they say,Once CLUELESS ALWAYS CLUELESS

#GMB WE WANT

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Hardetayour: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
Everyone knows this. Abba Moro wasn't even moved by what happened. He blamed the dead for their own deaths. Showed no sympathy for the dead. I wonder how he sleeps at night. Then after collecting 1k per head, he pocketed the money and shared it to his own people not knowing they're spending blood money. May God help us in this country

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by AKONE(m): 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
Must they politicize everything?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by CyberWolf: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
Just the way APC took and is still taking advantage of BH victims/tragedy..APC is a bunch of hopeless hypocrites angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
Agreed[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
Agreed
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by sammyj: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
My question to buttress this statement is were is Moro? GEJ and Mark's poppet used to scam unemployed youths during this exercise. The fact that they are silent on this issue leave Moro no choice than to enjoy the fruit of his labour after delivering the lives of the unemployed dead youths and money of the applicant running into hundreds of millions to them. Rather than for GEJ to focus more on job creation and how FG will refund the stolen 1000 Naira used by the applicants to procure forms for the exercise, he decided to politicise the entire compensation process 1 year after the sad event. Time will tell Shikena !!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by tbaba1234: 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
They are correct. Jonathan only remembered that he had a job to do when it looked like he might lose elections. By the way, why is Abba Moro still in his cabinet?

He is now making visits, he should have made months ago and bribing everyone.

If he wins the election, he wins go back to not giving a damn. He only cares about winning.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by elisjini: 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
President GEJ is helping the affected citizens, APC is complaining, don't APC have a better thing to do?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Austin4lif: 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
K
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by allanphash7(m): 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
If somebody can make someone who is unserious for six years to be serious within six week

Then if we give d somebody a chance den dere will be absolute change

Ihavedecided joor

#teamchange

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Detaining Fani-kayode With A Valid Remand Warrant - EFCC / Ibb’s Daughter Marries Zamfara Gov., After Dumping First Husband / 47 Ex-governors, 10 Ex-ministers, Others Fingered In N2trillion Corruption Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.