Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,054 members, 7,863,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? (5948 Views)

Do Men Want Skinny Women? / Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by Sauron1: 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2009
isika82:

He's Igbo and I think his view of religion is an appreciation for traditional Igbo religion (i'm not fully sure what that means), instead of christianity. He was raised a christian, but he prefers traditional religion. Are you saying that there might be something wrong with appreciating traditional religion instead of christianity?

There's nuthing wrong appreciating his traditional religion IF AND ONLY IF you can drink human blood, visit Okija shrine every week to prove your faithfulness to him, human sacrifices, jazz(juju) and reh reh reh.
Who knows? U might just love the mystery around African Voodoo science.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by onyinye2(f): 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2009
KarmaMod:

Traditional religion eh? Lol does he sport dreads by any chance? Do you perm your hair?  grin
Shaaarup!!! grin I asked her first. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by KarmaMod(f): 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2009
He's Igbo and I think his view of religion is an appreciation for traditional Igbo religion (i'm not fully sure what that means), instead of christianity. He was raised a christian, but he prefers traditional religion. Are you saying that there might be something wrong with appreciating traditional religion instead of christianity?

Rofl. Oyinye, wetin dey do your brothers nowadays  tongue

If you marry him, you will see when he uses Amadioha as an excuse to sleep with other women  grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by tope2000(f): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2009
Treetop20:

so you mean he worships
iroko tree?
cheesy

Roflmao grin grin grin
I think so cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by amebono14: 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2009
@topic

respect is reciprocal,if d dude does not want to respect himself,then he shouldnt expect an iota of respect from me
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by onyinye2(f): 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2009
KarmaMod:

Brothers kini?? Lai lai
I'm yoruba. My name is Kayode. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by Sauron1: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2009
onyinye2:

Brothers kini?? Lai lai

Busted!!! Girls don't bear Kayode.
U might as well call yourself Segun or Jide.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by KarmaMod(f): 11:40pm On Jan 15, 2009
onyinye2:

Brothers kini?? Lai lai

Lmao. you be man? Kayode is a male name

I hereby give you Eniola. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by onyinye2(f): 11:41pm On Jan 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Busted!!! Girls don't bear Kayode.
U might as well call yourself Segun or Jide.
Sharrup dia!!!!! I absolutely love that name. One of my very good male friends has that name and like I just LOOOOOOOOOOVE it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2009
DaPhoenix:

Wait, what kind of things do you guys deem as respectful? Kneeing to serve you your food or what? I need examples.

you have example number 1 already. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by Sauron1: 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2009
onyinye2:

Sharrup dia!!!!! I absolutely love that name. One of my very good male friends has that name and like I just LOOOOOOOOOOVE it.

U love a guy's name?? I have always known you are a tom-boy!!!
Kayode ko, Kamoru ni.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by onyinye2(f): 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2009
KarmaMod:

Lmao. you be man? Kayode is a male name

I hereby give you Eniola.  grin
NO!!! angry I like Kayode. I love the way it sounds especially when a yoruba person says it. I like how they say my name. Because they like pronounce the "Onyi" part like how you who say "Oyin" in "Toyin".
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2009
KarmaMod:

If you marry him, you will see when he uses Amadioha as an excuse to sleep with other women  grin

Lol. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by KarmaMod(f): 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2009
onyinye2:

NO!!! angry I like Kayode. I love the way it sounds especially when a yoruba person says it. I like how they say my name. Because they like pronounce the "Onyi" part like how you who say "Oyin" in "Toyin".

Lol then give it to your future son

How about I christen you "Oyinda"
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 15, 2009
onyinye2:

ah ahn, what's wrong with my name na cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by onyinye2(f): 11:48pm On Jan 15, 2009
KarmaMod:

Lol then give it to your future son

How about I christen you "Oyinda"
Do you know any names that end in "de" like "saDE"??
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by SisiJinx: 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2009
@Topic
His Nigerianess just sprang up? He wasn't like this? Talking about traditional religion instead of Christianity. . . Babalawoism from some who came to the US when he was young?

Rotflmao! Oh heavens. . . Isn't it obvious ? He is trying to get you to break up with him. Jeez, it is the oldest trick in the book, he's throwing things he knows you are opposed to at you, so you'll go "Eff this, I'm done"
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by isika82: 1:18am On Jan 16, 2009
Rotflmao! Oh heavens. . . Isn't it obvious ? He is trying to get you to break up with him. Jeez, it is the oldest trick in the book, he's throwing things he knows you are opposed to at you, so you'll go "Eff this, I'm done"

So if i am not into traditional religion, you think there is no hope? I never knew this trick before, sheesh i must not know alot.

p.s he used to have long hair, braided her, no dreads and he was very much the American, all this talk of moving back to Nigeria soon, plus traditional religion and now respect is all new.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by KarmaMod(f): 1:26am On Jan 16, 2009
isika82 link=topic=219656.msg3347242#msg3347242 date=1232065104

p.s he used to have long hair, braided her, no dreads and he was very much the American, all this talk of moving back to Nigeria soon, plus traditional religion and now respect is[b:

all new.[/b]

Sisi might be right undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by SisiJinx: 1:28am On Jan 16, 2009
isika82:

So if i am not into traditional religion, you think there is no hope? I never knew this trick before, sheesh i must not know alot.

It is not about the traditional religion, he is just saying things that will shock you into running away. He wants out but he doesn't want to be the bad guy, so what does he do. . .  3 guesses and the first two don't count

p.s he used to have long hair, braided her, no dreads and he was very much the American, all this talk of moving back to Nigeria soon, plus traditional religion and now respect is all new.

Bwahahahaha! I love this guy! Damn, he's good!!!  grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by SisiJinx: 1:34am On Jan 16, 2009
Karma you remember that Seinfeld episode where George was trying to send Susan Packing by taking up smoking? Hilarious!! cheesy cheesy

If OP was in the mood to play games, I'd tell her to take him for a spin. . . say Yes Sir to everything he asks.

Bobo Naija - We will worship Ifa and Oshorunga

OP - Yes Sir, what do I need to wear?

Bobo Naija - You will be on your knees everytime I am in the house

OP - Do I need a kneepad for that?

Rotflmao! Let's see how far he takes it. Hehehehehehehe grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by arramyjay: 1:45am On Jan 16, 2009
I dont knw why,but if he respects you,then i think u shud respect him.If otherwise pls dont.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by Magz(m): 4:41am On Jan 16, 2009
Everyone deserves respect.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by MaiSuya(m): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Karma you remember that Seinfeld episode where George was trying to send Susan Packing by taking up smoking? Hilarious!! cheesy cheesy

If OP was in the mood to play games, I'd tell her to take him for a spin. . . say Yes Sir to everything he asks.

(Sigh) Ask me why I'm not surprised at all these, coming from the 'Mrs perfection' herself.  angry  Your mai gida must be a lucky man.  tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by tayoast(m): 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2009
If U know U can't accommodate his whims anymore, tell him how U feel and see what he feels of Ur feelings, I'm sure he'll reason with you. Dialogging is the way U settle things like this
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by KarmaMod(f): 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

grin

and George is such a retard. cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by follypimpi(m): 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2009
@Sisi Jinx

Haba Dump her ke , i doubt it,i reckon the dude is jst wants respect thats all simple.On a 2nd thot mayb u r right grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by Psoul(m): 10:21am On Jan 20, 2009
Yes, daz wot it supposed to be. That was Bible commandment. Husband Love ur wife ane Wife Respect ur Husband.

So never expect Love 4rm ur wife rather respect, but if she respects u and also luv u you must be a lucky man
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by tpia5: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2011
I am dating this Nigerian guy and I really really care about him, but he is always talking about respect, drowning it into my ears like it's the only English word that exists in the dictionary

chai!!!

laughing my male azz off!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by tpia5: 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2011
But I wanted to ask you good folks if it's just a Nigeria thing, this deep fascination with respect

lmao
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by 195(f): 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Want Respect All The Time? by MMM2(m): 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2011
op
becos 9ja guyz fu-ck d nyash very well undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

End of Year ROMANCE Nairaland Most Attention Seeking Poster / A Guy Sent Her Nude Pictures / Do We Still Have Them??????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.