Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) (32894 Views)

Civilian JTF Reveal The Real Flag Of Shekau Rumoured To Have Been Captured(pics) / Battle Of Kukawa Between Nigeria Army And Boko Haram / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Ejodamen1(m): 9:35am On Mar 15, 2015
Here is an opportunity for you to get ur dream job.. http:///174364c9
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Adyrin(m): 9:35am On Mar 15, 2015
Indigens know the terrain better than military!
queensmith:
these bloody civilians!! what are they doing there? They want to get shot ni?

Why werent they chased back into their houses!!! They need to move and let the army do their jobs!
ah ah!

1 Like

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by idupaul: 9:40am On Mar 15, 2015
Will watch later
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by gragraboy: 9:40am On Mar 15, 2015
Jaypea98:
According to the video civillian JTF retrieve Uniforms and helmets from slain Boko Haram Fighters and share them amongst their members and members of the Nigerian army who dont have........Sad indeed
But how can there be a Nigerian Soldier without uniform?
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Soreza(m): 9:43am On Mar 15, 2015
GenBuhari:
Don't be deceived .

Some questions:

How can we be certain from the video that they are pounding "Boko Haram" as OP stated?

Are we sure that what we are watching is not our enemies colluding with Nigerian troops to clear our territory.shut up Mr,if u know better take a gun to yobe and fight too,u are also a Nigerian like those guys there.stop typing long rubbish text here just to get useless 5 likes

So the federal army of Nigeria communicate with each other in a language other than English during battles?

Why does the scene of battle seem so laid back that people can be talking to the camera and almost nobody is taking cover?

Why no film of captured or dead Boko Haram ?

Why Nigeria going into battle with untrained and apparently unarmed civilians travelling in bright coloured vehicles (not camouflaged) is that how a professional army operates?.

Could this video have been staged?

Could it be that the so called CTF are really Boko Haram members? seeing as some are even wearing Boko Haram uniforms (although the video narrative claims it was taken from Boko Haram).

Who starts dressing in their enemies clothes during a war?

A lot does not add up.
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by gragraboy: 9:44am On Mar 15, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
There is no need to insult him and call him names. Your catty comments about him 'carrying a high tech camera to go do investigative journalism' undecided will not help anyone.

He has asked some pertinent questions. Whether or not you want to admit it, Nigerians have a right to be skeptical. You know the things that have happened concerning this whole Boko Haram nonsense. I do not need to repeat them here. Your fellow citizens should not be branded unpatriotic when they ask questions - questions that are sensible and rational.

Some points addressing some of the questions raised by 'genbuhari' grin:

I believe that the language being spoken by some of the soldiers in the video is Hausa - the most widely spoken language in Northern Nigeria. When it is considered that a significant number of Nigerian soldiers are of Northern extraction, then you have the answer to your question right here - it is understandable that they would communicate in Hausa. Of course, the question of whether this is proper is another matter entirely. But remember that Northern Nigerians historically made up the bulk of the rank and file of NA from the time when it was formed, through independence and over the years till now. Maybe the military high command just didn't aggressively enforce the use of english over the years. Who knows?

It may also seem unusual that none of the soldiers takes cover even though gun and artillery fire is all around them. I guess the answer to that question is that it is their (NA) fire (and not enemy fire) that is booming. It appears that NA troops are the ones shelling enemy positions and they are not under any threat of returned fire from Boko Haram combatants.

As for NA troops travelling with 'civilian JTF' fighters - I do not have any easy answers on this one. The civilian JTF has been a useful ally (despite the potential for abuse) to the NA in solving the problem. They provide useful intelligence and help with 'recce' since these are their towns and villages and they know the terrain well. However, I am not sure its best for them to accompany the NA on operations and missions. I even suspect (I am not sure though) that the stand off at the end of the video was between some NA troops and civilian JTF members. The camera phone is knocked out of the recorder's hand towards the end of the video and you can hear raised voices alluding to some violence carried out by some combatants on some other party. Again, I'm not sure - I wasn't there.

Summary: The poster has asked some relevant questions. Answer them instead of branding him a deceiver.
Na you get time oo!....
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by pure2012soul(m): 9:52am On Mar 15, 2015
alizenbohr:

There's only one way to get reply to your questions:

Carry your high-tech smart phone go join dem do investigative journalism then bring back the full report.

You can believe that France bombed Nigeria without pix.

You can post about Book Haram claiming villages in NE without video.

But here you have video evidence of the collaboration of NA and CJTF to curb BH menace and you're asking 'silly' questions.

You are the deceiver here.
Thumbs up for your Intelligent response. Most of those spewing nonsense have never ever heard the sound of a dane gun before. They are mostly arm chair critics

4 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Reaper231(m): 9:54am On Mar 15, 2015
When I watch a video like this all I ever wish for is enrol in the NA.
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Reaper231(m): 10:01am On Mar 15, 2015
At a point in d vid d soldiers were lying on d ground to shoot while d JTF commentator ws moving freely. Truth is d JTF guys often use charms so bullets dnt penetrate and dey not scared. Remember wen some soldiers shot d chairman of civilian JTF and he ws jst there still arguing wit them.

1 Like

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by meforyou1(m): 10:03am On Mar 15, 2015
yibomustgo:
Meanwhile, some foolish yeebos keep insulting Muslims and Islam. Are the people fighting and killing Boko haram in the video not Muslims? Muslims have been fighting, dying and killing Boko Haram in the Northeast, yet foolish yeebos and some naughty Islamic haters keep talking rubbish.
your papa

5 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 15, 2015
Thumbs up to the Nigerian Army and CJTF. But this video leaves a lot to be desired. It looks to me like it's a mop-up operation, but why were soldiers just walking around like that? Mop-up operation or not, infantrymen should be in formation and engage behind cover while making tactical manoeuvres. The scouts can do the walking around. Also looked like the only tactic was for the MRAPs to provide cover and suppressing fire. The army needs to be more professional. If this is how NA fights, then there are certainly South African mercs on ground getting their hands dirty.
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 15, 2015
Reaper231:
At a point in d vid d soldiers were lying on d ground to shoot while d JTF commentator ws moving freely. Truth is d JTF guys often use charms so bullets dnt penetrate and dey not scared. Remember wen some soldiers shot d chairman of civilian JTF and he ws jst there still arguing wit them.
*coughs*
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by owobokiri(m): 10:10am On Mar 15, 2015
Obviously, the evil souls at newsresceu.com doctored this video by inserting some spurious quotes just to serve their APC agenda. . The guy capturing the video was all praises for his mates and the soldiers who were fighting gallantly. , but trust our wacky opposition to define every issue from some wretched partisan points. Another thing. . , they forgot to insert some blond fighters to burnish that mercenary tale. . Funny people

3 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by myproperty(m): 10:13am On Mar 15, 2015
yibomustgo:
Meanwhile, some foolish yeebos keep insulting Muslims and Islam. Are the people fighting and killing Boko haram in the video not Muslims? Muslims have been fighting, dying and killing Boko Haram in the Northeast, yet foolish yeebos and some naughty Islamic haters keep talking rubbish.
What you are saying only defines what you are.The war against Boko Haram are not fought by Muslims rather by the Nigerian Army and civilian JTF. The Army is made up of Christians and Muslims and the Civilian JTF are also made up of Christians and Muslims.
Don't forget when the war against BH started most of the northern Muslims condemn the Army fighting BH( some said a fight against BH is a fight against the north) now they are condemning and fighting BH because it is also attacking Muslims and yet no mosque have been brought down by BH.
Did you say Islamic haters? hmmm which religion carries hatred?
Hatred does not just come what are their antecedents.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Sobeautiful: 10:16am On Mar 15, 2015
That's why l feel sad when people say derogatory things about our army. They are people like u and I that got up one day and decided to join the army. They don't have two heads, four hands or four legs. They are ordinary people that feel pains too like us. Everyday they wake (that is for the day they were privileged to sleep) they thank God for that day because they are not sure of the next day. They left families to fight for this nation. Their family members are people like us, watching every news and praying not to hear the bad news about their loved ones in the battle. Jumping at every knock at the door and hoping it's not an emissary from the Nigerian army to tell them he's gone. Some of them are young men with young mothers crying to God to keep their babies, yet we insult them. These are the true heroes of this nation. They are dying everyday while we sit at home, live our normal lives, go about our businesses without fear of death or disability while they give their lives for us. Unfortunately we insult them and play politics with them. If you are not wearing a shoe, you may never understand how it feels to be in it.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 15, 2015
alizenbohr:

There's only one way to get reply to your questions:

Carry your high-tech smart phone go join dem do investigative journalism then bring back the full report.

You can believe that France bombed Nigeria without pix.

You can post about Book Haram claiming villages in NE without video.

But here you have video evidence of the collaboration of NA and CJTF to curb BH menace and you're asking 'silly' questions[color=#990000][/color].

You are the deceiver here.

Chai........lol........u nail it.....hahaha grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:21am On Mar 15, 2015
GenBuhari:
Don't be deceived .

Some questions:

How can we be certain from the video that they are pounding "Boko Haram" as OP stated?

Are we sure that what we are watching is not our enemies colluding with Nigerian troops to clear our territory.

So the federal army of Nigeria communicate with each other in a language other than English during battles?

Why does the scene of battle seem so laid back that people can be talking to the camera and almost nobody is taking cover?

Why Nigeria going into battle with untrained and apparently unarmed civilians travelling in bright coloured vehicles (not camouflaged) is that how a professional army operates?.

Could it be that the so called CTF are really Boko Haram members? seeing as some are even wearing Boko Haram uniforms (although the video narrative claims it was taken from Boko Haram).

A lot does not add up.

This BH man, are you still alive?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by harffie(m): 10:24am On Mar 15, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
There is no need to insult him and call him names. Your catty comments about him 'carrying a high tech camera to go do investigative journalism' undecided will not help anyone.

He has asked some pertinent questions. Whether or not you want to admit it, Nigerians have a right to be skeptical. You know the things that have happened concerning this whole Boko Haram nonsense. I do not need to repeat them here. Your fellow citizens should not be branded unpatriotic when they ask questions - questions that are sensible and rational.

Some points addressing some of the questions raised by 'genbuhari' grin:

I believe that the language being spoken by some of the soldiers in the video is Hausa - the most widely spoken language in Northern Nigeria. When it is considered that a significant number of Nigerian soldiers are of Northern extraction, then you have the answer to your question right here - it is understandable that they would communicate in Hausa. Of course, the question of whether this is proper is another matter entirely. But remember that Northern Nigerians historically made up the bulk of the rank and file of NA from the time when it was formed, through independence and over the years till now. Maybe the military high command just didn't aggressively enforce the use of english over the years. Who knows?

It may also seem unusual that none of the soldiers takes cover even though gun and artillery fire is all around them. I guess the answer to that question is that it is their (NA) fire (and not enemy fire) that is booming. It appears that NA troops are the ones shelling enemy positions and they are not under any threat of returned fire from Boko Haram combatants.

As for NA troops travelling with 'civilian JTF' fighters - I do not have any easy answers on this one. The civilian JTF has been a useful ally (despite the potential for abuse) to the NA in solving the problem. They provide useful intelligence and help with 'recce' since these are their towns and villages and they know the terrain well. However, I am not sure its best for them to accompany the NA on operations and missions. I even suspect (I am not sure though) that the stand off at the end of the video was between some NA troops and civilian JTF members. The camera phone is knocked out of the recorder's hand towards the end of the video and you can hear raised voices alluding to some violence carried out by some combatants on some other party. Again, I'm not sure - I wasn't there.

Summary: The poster has asked some relevant questions. Answer them instead of branding him a deceiver.
2likes?? After all the grammar! Haha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by ekwenche(m): 10:25am On Mar 15, 2015
The video is clear for us to see the effort being made to defeat bokoharam.
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 15, 2015
The only thing I see in this video is a group of men in military camouflage shooting into nothingness. If this vidro had been caption as "military drill in the north" then it would have been a little bit more sensible. But it looks nothing like a military drill. Just a bunch of men with guns casually shooting into the forest and no one is returning fire.
Is this the much hyped "war on bkh".

I love and support the nigerian army but this video only proves somethings.

1- boko haram is too small of an army to have fought for this long.
2-this implies that the people in charge intentionally let this small rag tag bandits to wreck havoc on the poor masses in order to score some political points.

3- the government is boko haram. Why do you think any country that tries to assist us eventually backs away They know something we dont know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by cold(m): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2015
Ba ja da baya,ba a ji dai tsoro,sai gaba! Wanda ba ya so ubanshi!
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by virus05(m): 11:01am On Mar 15, 2015
henryangelo:

Enemy of progress, if sahara should bring up a report claiming that bokoharam killed 50 NA,u will be the first foolish thinker to say #GEJ caused it# you will fall inside that same trap you have laid for others

the guy na illiterate like buhari datz y..make d guy go join army and mak im go see wetin dey happen dere..some people are so stupid...thats why i said buhari supporters are illiterate..just imagine wetin d guy dey talk...we should not be deceived..

2 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by experimentist: 11:03am On Mar 15, 2015
tbaba1234:

He is part of the CJTF
How do you know? Are you boko haram member?

1 Like

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by M4gunners: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Oboy those guys are not smiling oh. VICTORY IS OURS.
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 15, 2015
GenBuhari:
Don't be deceived .

Some questions:

Are we sure that what we are watching is not our enemies colluding with Nigerian troops to clear our territory.

A lot does not add up.
god will punish u for this post , u don't have sense foool
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by abduljabbar8: 11:19am On Mar 15, 2015
queensmith:
these bloody civilians!! what are they doing there? They want to get shot ni?

Why werent they chased back into their houses!!! They need to move and let the army do their jobs!
ah ah!
You don't know the notherners. We have jazz. Bullets can't penetrate into their bodies. Go. Can read about what some soldiers tried to do to a CJTF chairman

1 Like

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 15, 2015
ThunderTrail:
If some posters actually watched the video with an open mind, you will see that the Town was already captured and the insurgents out.

It was only the final tail end of a mop up operation.
what are u trying to say, pls watch ur tongue
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by jidxin(m): 11:34am On Mar 15, 2015
Jaypea98:
According to the video civillian JTF retrieve Uniforms and helmets from slain Boko Haram Fighters and share them amongst their members and members of the Nigerian army who dont have........Sad indeed
. must u always spread ur garbage ... must u always be a cynic or a pessimist ..... pls its a bad thing amend ur ways
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by zonax(m): 11:43am On Mar 15, 2015
GenBuhari:
Don't be deceived .

Some questions:

A lot does not add up.

I don't do e-fights but am forced to ask, do you have a brain at all?
Same you who would comment on every thread that boko haram. Is wiping out nigeria and blast the Nigerian army is finding this hard to believe.
Most of these men are hausa's some are just hunters, farmers and artisans who are not educated. Do you now expect them to start speaking English when they have a language they have been communicating with since they were born?
Civilian JTF has been on the forefront of the fight against insurgents from the go because they know the terrain, it's their land and they know it more than the soldiers who are mostly visitors, even though government does not recognise them. Does that answer your questions "MR. GMB e-warrior"?

#LongLiveTheNigerianArmy.
#LongLiveCJTF
#VictoryOverBokoHaram

1 Like

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by dotcomnamename: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2015
frankmishael1:
god will punish u for this post , u don't have sense foool

[size=15pt]If God will punish him for asking questions, then God will first remove that your empty skull, oloshi[/size]

1 Like

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2015
dotcomnamename:

[size=15pt]If God will punish him for asking questions, then God will first remove that your empty skull, oloshi[/size]
I will annihilate u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Pulls 34 Generals Out Of Service / APC &Labour Party Joint Caucuses In Senate Pass Vote Of Confidence On Buhari / Photo Of Another Nigerian Soldier Killed By The Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.