Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch (34649 Views)

Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks / Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by splashbaby(m): 11:51am On Mar 15, 2015
GEJ in fools paradise

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by emmasege: 11:53am On Mar 15, 2015
Only yam heads with cockroach brains believe this story.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 15, 2015
What is an Oba to a yoruba man these days.... an Obas sphere of influence electorally cannot be more than 200 people. ..... Besides, yoruba Obas are more enlightened and won't vote GEJ.... Never

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by golddeejay(m): 11:57am On Mar 15, 2015
Equalizer:
Just 100 like for our President GEJ.... APC members are free to like too but let it not pass 100 oooo...

GEJ till Tompolo turns pastor...
u better reduce it to 10 likes, mayb miracle fit happen
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by dotcomnamename: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2015
bcomputer101:
It's a pity that GEJ never taught of beautifying Nigeria prisons. Because with the way this man is mis-managing our treasury, he may end up in jail.

Somebody should advice him to shoot up(beautify) Nigeria prisons to his taste before he get their.

[size=15pt]Quote me after the election.. If Buhari win, Buhari will make sure that the following people rot in jail. GEJ, Governor Fayose, Femi Fani-Kayode, Asari Dokubo, Patience Jonathan, David Mark.

Please mark my word.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by OpeDwarroir: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
Absolute trash. Punch has been biased since the advent of GEJ administration. They have never published anything concerning APC and the source of their campaign funds. Despite the Obas denying the allegation, they still went ahead to dance to the tune of their pay master Asiwaju
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by rafcrown(m): 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
WALKING STICK IS CLOSE TO THE FLOOR/GROUND.When they use it to pray for you,you must know the meaning-COME DOWN.
NO WONDER THE EXCHANGE RATE IS NOW £1=N322.BEFORE THE END OF HIS 3RD TERM would be around 500naira to £1
VANITY UPON VANITY

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by OpeDwarroir: 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
dotcomnamename:

[size=15pt]Quote me after the election.. If Buhari win, Buhari will make sure that the following people rot in jail. GEJ, Governor Fayose, Femi Fani-Kayode, Asari Dokubo, Patience Jonathan, David Mark.

Please mark my word.[/size]

Wake up from your slumber. Anyway you said "if". That is in your wildest imagination
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by Bollinger(m): 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
ManMountain:

Unfortunately you are right, the rot in the treasury will only be exposed after May 29th when a new party takes over.

People like you scare me. why? because of the assurance in your writing tone and the slight hint of desperation. This goes for the supporters of both USELESS candidates. How are you so sure your desired USELESS candidate will win? What happens when your desired USELESS candidate losses? Will you cross the divide and congratulate the loser? I do hope you realize that both USELESS candidates cannot win. The most obvious and realistic answer will be a big fat NO. First the more amiable ones among you will grumble and shout the that there were election malpractice, and more desperate and frustrated ones will take to the streets maiming and killing everyone in sight. Just because of an election. I was having a discussion last Night with a friend of mine about the Nigerian mentality. We came to the conclusion that Nigerians living in Nigeria don't even realize that their mentality is funked up. They have been so used to the rot that the current status quo is normal. Bro's cool down. It's just an election, which i will highly suggest you show your disapproval by not voting. This will alert the outside world to the Nonsense going on Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by Gegz(m): 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
freshness2020:

you mean all his 150 cows.... sad sad?
Remain small u would av made sense.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by hope4nigeria(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
Raiders:
I feel sorry for Buhari because by the time he gets swear into office by May 29 there will be no money left in the nation account for him to start with. I just hope he probe and arrest GEJ and his corrupt kitchen cabinet. #Never again will Nigeria vote a corrupt president like GEJ
do you know one thing about the truth is "CAN NEVER BE HIDEN" see how one stupiid man turn Nigeria to a private company. My prayer is; if this allegation is false: let JONATHAN WIN and BUHARI REST. But if it is true, Gej will not only loose, he and his entire generation will be destroy by God. I balance my report, you can only say amen or destroy urself along with him if you wrongly qout me. #God, instead of continue givin us this leadership,kindly let your kingdom come and end these agony of us. Please dear lord.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
I can't bet it with anything that If this guy is re elected Nigeria and Nigerians will suffer more.

Do you actually think all the dollars he is spending won't be recovered?

Do you think he won't ruin the country into pieces in order to cash back the campaign l spent funds?

Nigerians are gullible and they will keep deceiving themselves

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by onatisi(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
spott:

Be deceiving urself
we shall see
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by onatisi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Bury your head in shame already. You and your children will live to regret this one day should the drunk return somehow.
don't get emotional or sentimental. Just live with it and move . Pdp has won 2015 presidential elections already. Next time ur party leaders will use their brains instead of their anuses before allowing a drug addict to dictate who will be ur presidential candidate . The battle has already shifted to the governorship and sure apc will lose additional 2 states in the south west. Apc will remain a regional party and will never win the presidential race as long as ppl like tinubu still exist in that party.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by Rexnegro(m): 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
richybanky:
GEJ want to finish 9ja cry cry
Gej want to ke or he has finished 9ja....bro aside raining dollars on obas a good example that he has finished 9ja is the exchange rate as we speaks.....naira is nowhere int'l currencies as we speaks yet they say we bigger/largest economy in africa....petrol now 100+ yet u say gej want to finish 9ja or he has finished 9ja....but come march 28 let vote for change.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by PassingShot(m): 12:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
onatisi:
don't get emotional or sentimental. Just live with it and move . Pdp has won 2015 presidential elections already. Next time ur party leaders will use their brains instead of their anuses before allowing a drug addict to dictate who will be ur presidential candidate . The battle has already shifted to the governorship and sure apc will lose additional 2 states in the south west. Apc will remain a regional party and will never win the presidential race as long as ppl like tinubu still exist in that party.

We shall see!
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
We have heard worse and we"ll hear more. Is it not all for the elections? They'll keep the missiles coming;let sharpest shooter win.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by fboycaestro(m): 12:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
Arsenella007:
Where does these media houses get these figures from? Where is the proof? Or is it still part of the smear politics?
If this is true, then Mr Jonathan has totally lost it

When a President has visited virtually all the Obas in south west in about 4 weeks from election something, then you should know something will drop from his visit or you think he goes with empty hand?

His desperation is really showing
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by richybanky(m): 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
Rexnegro:

Gej want to ke or he has finished 9ja....bro aside raining dollars on obas a good example that he has finished 9ja is the exchange rate as we speaks.....naira is nowhere int'l currencies as we speaks yet they say we bigger/largest economy in africa....petrol now 100+ yet u say gej want to finish 9ja or he has finished 9ja....but come march 28 let vote for change.
Don't have any choice dan to vote for GMB bro, av decided long ago

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by eluquenson(m): 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
GEJ has finished all the govt money, all these stories are very correct . If he forcefully come back as Nigeria president am very sure he won't finish his 2nd term walahi with all these gross misconduct by him & his cohorts.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by light004: 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
Punch Newspaper is their any integrity left in that media outfit? They use phrases such as; an insider source, anonymous witness, a close associate, an aggrieved member, etc to conceal the falsehood in their fabricated stories. Who are these sources that want to remain unknown? The same technique used by their co-collaborator in the news fabrication episode- the great saharareporters. It's a shame that such a media outfit is still allowed to carry on the trade of professional journalism in Nigeria. If you want sensational stories without substance don't look too far read the punch. How can they hold their face up high with this kind of junk journalism. When I read the comments of my fellow Nairalanders I can't help but laugh; people have just stop exercising their power of reasoning and discerning. Jonathan has finish our money not thinking whether the publication is true or not?

If punch can not provide concrete facts on the amount given to the supposed Obas; in what form was it given, in cash or bank transfer; location where it was given? They should simply shut up and stop the lies. These are the kind of news that heat up the polity, create unnecessary envy, hatred and enmity among the people. A detailed investigation should be carried out to substantiate allegations of this nature and not jump to press. It has a very damaging effect. What the punch is saying is that the Obas in the southwest have questionable character with little or no integrity. Simply that they are corrupt. This is an uncharitable remark to the respected traditional institution.

It's true that the traditional rulers have a lot of influence on their subject but they don't have the power to compel them or anyone to vote for any candidate. I think our media houses need to practice responsible journalism and put the Nation first and not their personal interest. The other day, Thambo Mbeki came to Nigeria due to the fear put out by the media of the possible violence outcome of this election and after meeting with the President and Gen. Buhari his fear were allayed that nothing in the media represented the true state of things.

I'm really concern about the readers who swallow everything from these media outfits both print, online and electronics. We need to start exercise our power of reasoning and putting issues in their right perspective. It's obvious the sponsors of Punch's sensational publications but I know soon their cup will be full. The punch failed to report the misdeed in Lagos despite the fact that the corruption in Lagos stinks to high heavens but at the sight prompt the news of the misdeeds of Mr president whether real or imaginary is out in the open. Shame on Punch for not standing up for the truth and objectivity at the time.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by Dammyjohn(m): 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
kolonigga:
GEJ has finished our money kiaaaaa!!!!

they will collect the money and vote BUHARI SIMPLE!!

Buhari: “I don’t have dollars to give you but I will give my all to Nigeria”

Sai Buhari
I begi,make this man go si down jo.At this age e want be President.Abi u think sey to be President na moi moi?
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by ndcide(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
Punch destroying the Yoruba Obas thinking they are rubbishing GEJ. The Obas say they were not bribed, Punch insists that GEJ bribed them.

Fact is that we are reelecting GEJ QED.

propaganda or not.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by stexsy(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
the 20 something billion naira raised by d PDP was for what? Cant d APC do same? Give d obas money too. Simple
if jonathan gives 20 double urs to 40 n stop complaining.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by ndcide(m): 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
Punch destroying the Yoruba Obas thinking they are rubbishing GEJ. The Obas say they were not bribed, Punch insists that GEJ bribed them.

propaganda or not.

GEJ was in Adamawa yesterday did the people accuse their traditional rulers?

Yoruba Obas should know that this media attack on them is from their brother who has been using the same media against GEJ.

THEY SHOULD ACT NOW.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
U see ur life, wasting money anyhow but I piri d masses after election #u go pay back grin wetin I dey give u
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by ManMountain(m): 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
Bollinger:

[s]People like you scare me. why? because of the assurance in your writing tone and the slight hint of desperation. This goes for the supporters of both USELESS candidates. How are you so sure your desired USELESS candidate will win? What happens when your desired USELESS candidate losses? Will you cross the divide and congratulate the loser? I do hope you realize that both USELESS candidates cannot win. The most obvious and realistic answer will be a big fat NO. First the more amiable ones among you will grumble and shout the that there were election malpractice, and more desperate and frustrated ones will take to the streets maiming and killing everyone in sight. Just because of an election. I was having a discussion last Night with a friend of mine about the Nigerian mentality. We came to the conclusion that Nigerians living in Nigeria don't even realize that their mentality is funked up. They have been so used to the rot that the current status quo is normal. Bro's cool down. It's just an election, which i will highly suggest you show your disapproval by not voting. This will alert the outside world to the Nonsense going on Nigeria[/s].
What exactly is your message, I have no time to indulge you in reading this badly constructed rants.
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by onatisi(m): 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
ndcide:

propaganda or not.
God bless u .
Re: Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch by onatisi(m): 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
ndcide:

GEJ was in Adamawa yesterday did the people accuse their traditional rulers?

Yoruba Obas should know that this media attack on them is from their brother who has been using the same media against GEJ.

THEY SHOULD ACT NOW.
bros,whatever they like they can write . The verdict is buhari will not be the president . In politics ,the end justifies the means . Lobatan!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Was Not Attacked In Bayelsa. / Osinbajo And Obasanjo With Murtala Muhammed's Widow (Photo) / Nigerian Soldiers Undergoing Training In Belarus (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.