Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain (2318 Views)

Kiiursti Mensah Ali, Muhammad Ali's Secret Daughter Begged To See Him / See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
Flying Eagles captain, Musa Muhammed, has
disclosed that some Junior Elephants of Cote
d’Ivoire begged him to miss the second-half
penalty awarded to Nigeria in Saturday’s
African Youth Championship Group A match.
The Ivoirians were leading 2-1 before left-back
Mustapha Abdullahi was hacked down in the
box.
Muhammed stepped up to convert the resultant
spot kick for his third goal of the tournament
but not before he was begged to miss the kick.
“The players including the goalkeeper begged
me to miss the penalty, saying we are all
champions and we should play for each other,”
Muhammed said .
“But I remained focused and professional to
score the penalty and earn us a draw, which
was a sweet revenge for the two losses we
suffered at the hands of the Ivorian U-17 team
two years ago in Morocco. Most of the players
from that tournament were also here in
Senegal.
“In Morocco, we were against both Cote d’Ivoire
and the referee. They kicked us so much that at
a time (Isaac) Success wanted to be replaced.”
Nigeria will face Group B runners-up – which
could either be Mali or Ghana – for
Wednesday’s semi-final in Dakar.
“I have seen here in Senegal at least six players
from the Mali U-17 team we played against two
years ago in a qualifying match for the 2013
CAF U-17 Championship,” he said.
“They are very big and powerful players but we
will be ready for them on Wednesday.”
But his coach, Manu Garba, expects Ghana to
fight for a result against Mali on Sunday so as
to avoid his team in the semi-final of the AYC.
Ghana are top of the group and need only a
point to qualify and Manu knows they will do
everything to avoid playing Nigeria.
“I want to believe both Ghana and Mali will play
so as to avoid us in the semi-final on
Wednesday,” he said.
“If I were their coaches, I would do the same
thing too.”
Last month the Flying Eagles played two
friendly games with the Black Satellites. They
won the first one 2-0 in Tema and were forced
to a 2-2 draw in Accra in the second game.

www.thecable.ng/ivoirians-begged-miss-spot-kick-says-feagles-captain
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
Editor1:
box.
Muhammed said .
Senegal.
Wednesday,” he said.
thing too.”

given that the eaglets are very strong, ur coach is very arrogant. i hope for his sake things go his way.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
kimco:

given that the eaglets are very strong, ur coach is very arrogant. i hope for his sake things go his way.
Sir, please buttress your point.. Are you saying that Manu Garba is a Mourinho in black skin.. I didnt quite catch your comment.. Thanks..

2 Likes

Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by watchindelta(m): 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
rare...
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 11:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
Daninya11:

Sir, please buttress your point.. Are you saying that Manu Garba is a Mourinho in black skin.. I didnt quite catch your comment.. Thanks..

im saying he seems to be a bit arrogant. not quite on mourinho's level but he possesses some of the qualities. he shud be careful.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
kimco:

im saying he seems to be a bit arrogant. not quite on mourinho's level but he possesses some of the qualities. he shud be careful.
Hmmmmmm
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Greatihex(m): 1:20am On Mar 16, 2015
kimco:

oga, there was no arrogance in that statement. He even said he wl do the same if he were to be in dia position. What is arrogant abt? Wetin make the world no dy like successful ppl. Any time they talk, we go dy find fault. I just like the way Mou gives it to those bad belle ppl, why he continues to achieve his success.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 10:30am On Mar 16, 2015
Greatihex:
oga, there was no arrogance in that statement. He even said he wl do the same if he were to be in dia position. What is arrogant abt? Wetin make the world no dy like successful ppl. Any time they talk, we go dy find fault. I just like the way Mou gives it to those bad belle ppl, why he continues to achieve his success.

I think you didn't understand his statement very well. That statement means that the nigerian team that he has built, is so strong that every coach wud want to avoid them...he too wud try as much as possible to avoid them if he were to face this nigerian team that he has built.. That what he is saying. How does dat not reek of arrogance to u? Understand what he says very well.

If it were from anoda coach dem it wud be a third party view on things and that wud be okay. From his horse's own mouth...he's already a lizard praising himself., aka, bragging.

Just because u like the way mou does it doesn't take away the fact that it is arrogance. Jux say u like arrogant coaches.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Hanibal(m): 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
kimco:

During the under 17 world cup... manu Garba said " no team in this competition can survive my attack for 90 mins without conceding a goal". and true to his words no team did.
So bro the coach has earned the bragging rights.. let him use it as he wants
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hanibal:
During the under 17 world cup... manu Garba said " no team in this competition can survive my attack for 90 mins without conceding a goal". and true to his words no team did.
So bro the coach has earned the bragging rights.. let him use it as he wants

I see. I wish him well den. Atleast u are not denying dat he is bragging unlike someone
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Begonia(m): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
If Manu Garba wants to brag, let him.
As long as he's not disrespecting other teams and of course, he's putting his money where his mouth is, let him brag.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
Begonia:
If Manu Garba wants to brag, let him.
As long as he's not disrespecting other teams and of course, he's putting his money where his mouth is, let him brag.

But he IS disrespecting the aforementioned teams. By saying " if I were dem I wudn't want to play my team either" he's indirectly telling those teams that they are scared of him/ his team. If dat ain't disrespect, then what is? He can't always put his money where his mouth is. U-20 football is a diff ball game altogether esp in the world cup. I hope his bragging ends here in senegal. Pride comes before a fall.

Niwaez I don't doubt he wud destroy the satelites seeing my boys are trash. His team is indeed good. But he must learn humility.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Begonia(m): 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
kimco:

But he IS disrespecting the aforementioned teams. By saying " if I were dem I wudn't want to play my team either" he's indirectly telling those teams that they are scared of him/ his team. If dat ain't disrespect, then what is? He can't always put his money where his mouth is. U-20 football is a diff ball game altogether esp in the world cup. I hope his bragging ends here in senegal. Pride comes before a fall.

Niwaez I don't doubt he wud destroy the satelites seeing my boys are trash. His team is indeed good. But he must learn humility.

Hmm.. you seem angry.
I really don't think it was his intention to disrespect any team smiley
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
Begonia:

Hmm.. you seem angry.
I really don't think it was his intention to disrespect any team smiley

Do I have the energy to be angry? I can't even if I tried. But I dislike arrogant people...esp mourinho....and u know what's funny....I'm actually a chelsea fan. Dat goes to tell u.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by mikron(m): 12:23am On Mar 17, 2015
Editor1:
box.
Muhammed said .
Senegal.
Wednesday,” he said.
thing too.”

wrong:
They were forced to a 2-2 draw in Accra in the first game and they beat the ghanaian team 2-0 in Tema
in the second game where they brutally hacked down our very own midfiel general musa yahaya aka iniesta (scorer of one of the goals).
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by mikron(m): 12:27am On Mar 17, 2015
Daninya11:

hahahahahah that is true confession on his part. my brother manu is in a class of his own. im sure the guy u quoted is a ghanaian
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by mikron(m): 12:35am On Mar 17, 2015
all hail the champions in waiting, all hail the boys in green white green, all hail manu garba the black mourinho of Africa, all hail naija. God bless u boys.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by M4gunners: 5:20am On Mar 17, 2015
Funny Thread.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 17, 2015
mikron:
hahahahahah that is true confession on his part. my brother manu is in a class of his own. im sure the guy u quoted is a ghanaian
Ghanaian..
Come Wednesday, we have a big score to settle...
Manu Garba radiates Confidence not Arrogance..
There is a thin line btw confidence and Arrogance..
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by lakesidepapa(m): 8:49am On Mar 17, 2015
Daninya11:

Ghanaian..
Come Wednesday, we have a big score to settle...
Manu Garba radiates Confidence not Arrogance..
There is a thin line btw confidence and Arrogance..

Yes u are right bro, Manu is not arrogant, he's just a confidence, TACTICAL APPROACHING and intelligent coach. there are a lot's of Manu among nigerian coach, I'm hoping Nff can call them to handle our national teams in future, our boys will win the AYC due to the fact of that in capital letter.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 17, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Yes u are right bro, Manu is not arrogant, he's just a confidence, TACTICAL APPROACHING and intelligent coach. there are a lot's of Manu among nigerian coach, I'm hoping Nff can call them to handle our national teams in future, our boys will win the AYC due to the fact of that in capital letter.
Most people underestimate the importance of psychology in football..
Manu Garba is a genius in the act of mind game.. He makes his players belief in themselves while their opponents wallow in self defeat..
The Ghanaian team I have seen in this tournament keep on growing worse in every match.. They are on low key right now.. Its the right time to hit them hard.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Greatihex(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2015
kimco:

I think you didn't understand his statement very well. That statement means that the nigerian team that he has built, is so strong that every coach wud want to avoid them...he too wud try as much as possible to avoid them if he were to face this nigerian team that he has built.. That what he is saying. How does dat not reek of arrogance to u? Understand what he says very well.

If it were from anoda coach dem it wud be a third party view on things and that wud be okay. From his horse's own mouth...he's already a lizard praising himself., aka, bragging.

Just because u like the way mou does it doesn't take away the fact that it is arrogance. Jux say u like arrogant coaches.
you see, if someone becomes successful, those who are nt as successful wl try to make them sound or look arrogant with every statement they make or their actions even when they just said the plain truth. Successful ppl who do not sound arrogant are those check their statements (even when it is logical, objective and true) just for them not to be seen as arrogant. Manu Garba knws the quality of the team he has built and understands what it means to even play against his own team, even wt anoda strong team.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
Greatihex:
you see, if someone becomes successful, those who are nt as successful wl try to make them sound or look arrogant with every statement they make or their actions even when they just said the plain truth. Successful ppl who do not sound arrogant are those check their statements (even when it is logical, objective and true) just for them not to be seen as arrogant. Manu Garba knws the quality of the team he has built and understands what it means to even play against his own team, even wt anoda strong team.

Sir whatever floats ur boat and makes u sleep well at night, u are free to believe.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
lakesidepapa:

By this logic keshi isn't arrogant as well. So nigerians shudn't label him as such and accept him back with open arms
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 1:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
mikron:

Yes sir I am ghanaian.

U know what? I will wait this out. Nigerians never dissapoint with name calling their coaches dat fail dem once after so many tyms of sucess.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 1:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
Daninya11:

Most people underestimate the importance of psychology in football..
Manu Garba is a genius in the act of mind game.. He makes his players belief in themselves while their opponents wallow in self defeat..
The Ghanaian team I have seen in this tournament keep on growing worse in every match.. They are on low key right now.. Its the right time to hit them hard.

Okay ooo. I will be here.

Second part I agree with
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by Greatihex(m): 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
kimco:

Sir whatever floats ur boat and makes u sleep well at night, u are free to believe.
lol. That was funny.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by mikron(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
kimco:

Yes sir I am ghanaian.

U know what? I will wait this out. Nigerians never dissapoint with name calling their coaches dat fail dem once after so many tyms of sucess.
told u
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by kimco(m): 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
mikron:
told u

u failed to see my point. i hope his bragging ends here. the Ghanaian team was gash. it doesnt mean u have to belittle every team cos u think u are better...cos when it comes to bite it bites haaaaard.

congrats to gabba....well deserved win.
Re: Ivoirians Begged Me To Miss Penalty, Says F/eagles Captain by mikron(m): 12:18am On Mar 19, 2015
kimco:

u failed to see my point. i hope his bragging ends here. the Ghanaian team was gash. it doesnt mean u have to belittle every team cos u think u are better...cos when it comes to bite it bites haaaaard.

congrats to gabba....well deserved win.
yap I gat ur point. Tnx once again

(1) (Reply)

Where's My Phone? How To Locate Your Lost (or Stolen) Smartphone / Does Any Guy Hate Football? / A Golden Generation Of Super Eagles About To Emerge! Meet Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.