Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (664095 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Gmajor(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
waywardpikin:

Right on! The trailer is lit.. I'm officially stoked. I'm also biased in their favour based on the fact that it's a predominantly black cast.
I hope it has more to offer than just "blackness" because I really really really hated Luke Cage
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
I dnt knw why but I'm not really feeling the BP teaser. ...... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
Gmajor:

I hope it has more to offer than just "blackness" because I really really really hated Luke Cage

Judging from the trailer I'm sure it has much more to offer. Luke Cage was pure garbage. Something I'm sure we'd all rather forget. grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:39am On Jun 25, 2017
What does everyone think about this Venom movie Sony is releasing? Contradicting reports about whether it will be set in the MCU or not. I just hope they don't waste Venom and Carnage, those are two epic villains

Also does anyone else have low expectations for Spider-Man Homecoming? Maybe it's the trailers but personally I've set my various low so I don't get disappointed. The movie is out in two weeks and I'm not feeling the usual hype I feel for Marvel movies
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by parrotibaba(m): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
So nobody is talking about the spiderman homecoming movie reviews that dropped 4 days ago?

Check it out, can't wait for it to enter naija cinemas

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/24/spider-man-homecoming-first-reactions-from-critics-are-overwhelmingly-positive
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Gmajor(m): 12:49am On Jun 29, 2017
parrotibaba:
So nobody is talking about the spiderman homecoming movie reviews that dropped 4 days ago?

Check it out, can't wait for it to enter naija cinemas

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/24/spider-man-homecoming-first-reactions-from-critics-are-overwhelmingly-positive
there's no hype about this movie whatsoever. Nawa oh. The movie may end up being a flop
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 3:22am On Jun 29, 2017
Gmajor:

there's no hype about this movie whatsoever. Nawa oh. The movie mat end up being a flop

Two reason why spiderman homecoming won't flop.

1. marvel studios

2. Robert Downey jr
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by parrotibaba(m): 8:25am On Jun 29, 2017
Gmajor:

there's no hype about this movie whatsoever. Nawa oh. The movie may end up being a flop
on the contrary, the hype is there and with the overwhelming positive reviews already, the movie will be a huge success.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 11:17am On Jun 29, 2017
parrotibaba:
on the contrary, the hype is there and with the overwhelming positive reviews already, the movie will be a huge success.

Yeah but don't you think the reviews seem a bit forced?

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 100naira(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2017
waywardpikin:

remember this version of Spider-Man is already well loved by fans and they are excited to see him in the MCU. Also the guy playing him is loved by fans and is considered to be comic book accurate both in terms of age and outlook. So no the reviews are not forced, it seems fans got what they asked for.

I believe that this movie will rival Spider-Man 2 as one of the best spiderman TV representation.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 100naira(m): 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
The new inhumans trailer

Not inspiring at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi5by6U7YKU
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by parrotibaba(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
waywardpikin:

not at all
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
Catching up in preparation for Defenders.
Watching Luke Cage. Enjoying it. Waiting for it to become horrible.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
Spider-Man: Homecoming did not suck. We didn't get the usual origin story. Thank God for that.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
100naira:
The new inhumans trailer

Not inspiring at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi5by6U7YKU
Wasn't feeling it at all. I felt more for the CW Black Lightning than this...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2017
cao:
Spider-Man: Homecoming did not suck. We didn't get the usual origin story. Thank God for that.
"Did not suck" doesn't sound like it was awesome. But lemme watch it first sha.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Kaycee7:

Marvel fans are blowing their lids over people being generally disinterested in spiderman and the way Dc fans are negatively affecting the narrative around the movie.

They thought darkness was their ally, but Dc fans were born in it. They've been facing this kind of tomfoolery since MoS dropped. grin

The seesaw is tipping. Yeah I used a playground reference because spiderman is about high school angst.

grin grin grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
Kaycee7:
That's exactly what I said for Wonder Woman and I might watch that for a third time. I'm definitely going to watch Spidey for a second time. They didn't do another origin story, no uncle Ben in sight. It almost feels like a John Hughes film, but with a superhero teen as the lead. They really got the Peter Parker & Spider-Man mix well.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 5:07am On Jul 07, 2017
Joan Lee wife of Stan Lee dies at 93
RIP.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
I'm so relieved. Tbh I thought this Spider-Man was going to be bad, I'm so glad. Tom Holland is the best Peter Parker, no question. Vulture was a great choice for villain, I think that old joke about Marvel villains is gone out of the window.

So much to praise, for once they actually made it about high school, for once no Uncle Ben dying, for once no tired origin story, for once no wasted villains. It's funny Spidey has one of the best rogue galleries but his best films have been about the lesser villains - Doctor Octopus, now Vulture.

If I have any complaints about anything, it's the post credits scenes. Ffs marvel! Worst post credit scenes ever lol
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
Those were good post credit scenes, I really had a nice laugh during the PSA post credit scene, actually all of us that stayed had a nice laugh.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
cao:
Those were good post credit scenes, I really had a nice laugh during the PSA post credit scene, actually all of us that stayed had a nice laugh.

They messed with us intentionally lol
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
moneyallowed:

They messed with us intentionally lol
Duh.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 100naira(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
Just watched Spider-Man homecoming

8/10

Thank goodness we didn't get a boring a55 origin movie
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2017
Disney D23 Expo this weekend! Hoping for Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok stuff, hopefully a teaser trailer for Avengers Infinity War(which has just finished filming), Punisher and Defenders!

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Gaddemit! The footage descriptions of the Infinity War teaser I'm seeing online..... Marvel I've Ene very asked for anything but for the love of God I need a trailer, or a teaser, or even a 5 second snippet, anything, something, please
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 10:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
moneyallowed:
Gaddemit! The footage descriptions of the Infinity War teaser I'm seeing online..... Marvel I've Ene very asked for anything but for the love of God I need a trailer, or a teaser, or even a 5 second snippet, anything, something, please
Seconded
I'm out of my mind right now

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
'Avengers: Infinity War' — Blockbuster First Trailer Brings D23 to Its Feet Kevin Feige assembled a panel that included Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, Mark Ruffalo and more. The Avengers assembled for the most anticipated footage of D23, closing Disney's live-action panel on Saturday in the biggest way possible. Marvel's Kevin Feige brought out a giant stable of talent to introduce the trailer: Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Dave Bautista, Don Cheadle, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie and co- director Joe Russo. The trailer — screened exclusively for attendees and not simultaneously released online — begins with The Guardians of the Galaxy on their ship, floating through a creepy section of space. Star- Lord tells his crew to put on their "mean faces" because things could get dangerous.Suddenly, a body hits their spaceship. It's an unconscious Thor (Hemsworth), wearing his gladiator garb for Thor: Ragnarok (smart money is on the end of November's Ragnarok leading directly into 2018's Infinity War ). They bring him inside the ship, and Mantis (Klementieff) wakes him up. Thor looks around, sees Star-Lord (Pratt) and asks the natural question: "Who the hell are you guys?" Next we are on Earth, where our heroes are dealing with death and destruction. Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has the Tesseract (the Infinity Stone he played around with in Avengers), and he's up to no good. In New York, Peter Parker is on a school bus and sees his armhair is rising (Spider-sense?) READ MORE 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' — Rian Johnson Shows Off Behind-the-Scenes Footage It's hard to break down how wild this trailer is, but here's just some other small observations: — Spider-Man has a new suit, that looks quite advanced, a la the one at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming or from the Spider-Man 2099 comics. — Captain America has a beard and looks like he's been through a lot. It's clear he's been off doing something away from Iron Man's Avengers and this is their first time seeing him. — Thanos wears the Infinity Gauntlet, and pulls down part of a moon to battle the Avengers on an alien planet. — Doctor Strange battles alongside the Guardians of the Galaxy and Iron Man on this planet Brolin, whose villain Thanos has been teased since 2012's The Avengers, was the first star Feige brought out to introduce the trailer, and it's clear he was getting into the role. When Feige suggested that Bautista's Drax might be able to take Thanos down, Brolin responded: "Drax ain't shit. More and more Avengers kept stepping out to the panel, and Feige kept asking if Brolin was nervous. The answer was always no. Co-director Joe Russo was in Anaheim for D23, while his brother Anthony remained in Atlanta to continue shooting Avengers. Infinity War wrapped on Friday, and they are working on an untitled Avengers 4 . Infinity War opens in May 2018, ten years after the Marvel Cinematic Universe launched with Iron Man, and is billed as the capstone of a decade's worth of storytelling. It will pit most of the MCU against Thanos a sinister alien who hopes to possess all of the universe's Infinity Stones in order to become all-powerful. Avengers: Infinity War opens May 4, 2018. AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR ADVERTISEMENT SHOW COMMENTS Courtesy of Zade Rosenthal/Marvel

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
shocked
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:57am On Jul 16, 2017
Shittaakeem:
'Avengers: Infinity
War' — Blockbuster
First Trailer Brings
D23 to Its Feet
Kevin Feige assembled a panel
that included Robert Downey
Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Tom
Holland, Chadwick Boseman,
Mark Ruffalo and more.
The Avengers assembled for the most anticipated
footage of D23, closing Disney's live-action panel
on Saturday in the biggest way possible.
Marvel's Kevin Feige brought out a giant stable of
talent to introduce the trailer: Robert Downey Jr.,
Josh Brolin, Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch,
Chadwick Boseman, Chris Hemsworth, Mark
Ruffalo, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Pom
Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Dave Bautista, Don
Cheadle, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie and co-
director Joe Russo.
The trailer — screened exclusively for attendees
and not simultaneously released online — begins
with The Guardians of the Galaxy on their ship,
floating through a creepy section of space. Star-
Lord tells his crew to put on their "mean faces"
because things could get dangerous.Suddenly, a
body hits their spaceship. It's an unconscious
Thor (Hemsworth), wearing his gladiator garb for
Thor: Ragnarok (smart money is on the end of
November's Ragnarok leading directly into 2018's
Infinity War ). They bring him inside the ship, and
Mantis (Klementieff) wakes him up.
Thor looks around, sees Star-Lord (Pratt) and
asks the natural question: "Who the hell are you
guys?"
Next we are on Earth, where our heroes are
dealing with death and destruction. Loki (Tom
Hiddleston) has the Tesseract (the Infinity Stone
he played around with in Avengers), and he's up to
no good. In New York, Peter Parker is on a school
bus and sees his armhair is rising (Spider-sense?)
READ MORE
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' — Rian Johnson
Shows Off Behind-the-Scenes Footage
It's hard to break down how wild this trailer is, but
here's just some other small observations:
— Spider-Man has a new suit, that looks quite
advanced, a la the one at the end of Spider-Man:
Homecoming or from the Spider-Man 2099
comics.
— Captain America has a beard and looks like he's
been through a lot. It's clear he's been off doing
something away from Iron Man's Avengers and
this is their first time seeing him.
— Thanos wears the Infinity Gauntlet, and pulls
down part of a moon to battle the Avengers on an
alien planet.
— Doctor Strange battles alongside the Guardians
of the Galaxy and Iron Man on this planet
Brolin, whose villain Thanos has been teased since
2012's The Avengers, was the first star Feige
brought out to introduce the trailer, and it's clear
he was getting into the role.
When Feige suggested that Bautista's Drax might
be able to take Thanos down, Brolin responded:
"Drax ain't shit.
More and more Avengers kept stepping out to the
panel, and Feige kept asking if Brolin was nervous.
The answer was always no.
Co-director Joe Russo was in Anaheim for D23,
while his brother Anthony remained in Atlanta to
continue shooting Avengers. Infinity War wrapped
on Friday, and they are working on an untitled
Avengers 4 .
Infinity War opens in May 2018, ten years after the
Marvel Cinematic Universe launched with Iron
Man, and is billed as the capstone of a decade's
worth of storytelling. It will pit most of the MCU
against Thanos a sinister alien who hopes to
possess all of the universe's Infinity Stones in
order to become all-powerful.
Iron Avengers: Infinity War opens May 4, 2018.
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
ADVERTISEMENT
SHOW COMMENTS
Courtesy of Zade Rosenthal/Marvel

At least we know that Loki, Thor and Hulk will survive Thor Ragnarok. Cap version in this film is hopefully Nomad, the spider suit looks like the Iron Spider suit! The Black Panther descriptions had me in awe. We've been waiting for this movie for so long since it was announced, glad to see they are going all out with it. If anyibie deserves end of the world stakes, it's Infinity War. My question is what will part 2 be called?

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.