Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Mothers And Expectant Mothers Please Advice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mothers And Expectant Mothers Please Advice (1377 Views)

MOTHERS, FATHERS AND EXPECTANT MOTHERS; THIS IS FOR YOU!!! / Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) / Questions For Mothers/expectant Mothers And Midwives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers And Expectant Mothers Please Advice by MissOpe(f): 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
please advice a young bride in the house
I'm about 6 weeks pregnant....initially I didnt know until I
missed my period, about a week after I started vomiting and
salivating, I can seem to eat anything, I vomit everything out, I
manage to take just pap but I could barely take 5 spoons
before I Get tired of it...I feel weak and l'm emaciated
already.....now my husband is getting irritated of me...He's
saying he can't continue with this attitude of mine dat I'm
framing the whole thing up, that if I was working would I
resign and not go to work, that he knows of people who have
been pregnant but wuldnt act the way I do....He went as far as
saying that I can go to my mum's place until I give birth that
he cant tolerate this...Please MAMAS advice me on what to
do? IS is that I'm being lazy or has anyone being in my
position before ( being very weak and can't do anything in
pregnancy)...PLEASE HELP ME OUT ....

1 Like

Re: Mothers And Expectant Mothers Please Advice by goodmorning40: 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
Don't mind that husband of urs that is how they open their mouth and vomit poo as if he is not the one making u suffer I don't know why naija men are so insensitive. Pregnancy sometimes go like that but not all the time, it is common mostly with first pregnancys. Whatever u get down ur tummy pls eat as much as u can so u do not loose all ur strength, u might consider taking drugs that will stop or minimize the vomiting I will not mention any here cos am not a doctor and u shouldn't take drugs anyhow. If u feel ur getting too bad go to hospital sometimes u might need to be admitted so u don't get dehydrated. Happy mothers day
Re: Mothers And Expectant Mothers Please Advice by dunwun: 8:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pls talk to your obgyn. He or she would be able to tell you what you can do to minimise the effects. I'm sorry about your husband's attitude though, moreso you are newly wedded. You should tell him how you feel and the support you expect from him. There are articles online like on the babycenter forum you might want to forward to him to read
Re: Mothers And Expectant Mothers Please Advice by Noloss(f): 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ur husband shd beta fasten his belt very well. He think say na moi moi to become father. All pregnancies are not d same n he needs to understand that. The fact dat he sees people with pregnancy outside does not mean they didn't av challenges. Whether u're working or not what will be will be when it comes to early pregnancy sickness. At the same time u need to be strong or pretend to be at times cos most men don't get liver and use to be afraid cos they don't know exactly how u feel hence d apprehension.

3 Likes

Re: Mothers And Expectant Mothers Please Advice by emeraldoe(f): 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
U are not alone in dis. Mine is worse as in I start vomiting b4 a missed period and it continues thruout pregnancy. I vomit as much as 4-6times a day. I had my kids tru C/S and I was still vomiting on d theatre table, twas as bad as dat. I took all sorts of drugs, enuff pepper in my food(dat eventually goes d wrong way while vomiting grin), dry biscuits, e.t.c. but none worked. My hubby is a medical doctor so he puts me on I.V infusion to keep me hydrated. Anyway, some women get over vomiting at 12wks. In all, pls see a doctor so u and baby can be in good health.
Re: Mothers And Expectant Mothers Please Advice by shrekandfiona: 10:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
MissOpe:
please advice a young bride in the house
I'm about 6 weeks pregnant....initially I didnt know until I
missed my period, about a week after I started vomiting and
salivating, I can seem to eat anything, I vomit everything out, I
manage to take just pap but I could barely take 5 spoons
before I Get tired of it...I feel weak and l'm emaciated
already.....now my husband is getting irritated of me...He's
saying he can't continue with this attitude of mine dat I'm
framing the whole thing up, that if I was working would I
resign and not go to work, that he knows of people who have
been pregnant but wuldnt act the way I do....He went as far as
saying that I can go to my mum's place until I give birth that
he cant tolerate this...Please MAMAS advice me on what to
do? IS is that I'm being lazy or has anyone being in my
position before ( being very weak and can't do anything in
pregnancy)...PLEASE HELP ME OUT ....
you are not being lazy. It's hormones going crazy varies from women to women. In my 1st and 2nd pregnancies, i had it easy with minimal nausea but this 3rd one is driving me bunkers. I throw up almost 24hrs daily and it hasn't been funny.

your hubby is being insensitive but it may be new to him. You can give him books to read on pregnancy symptoms or direct him to this thread. Try and take your folic acid, calcium tablets and any other drugs given to you by your doctor. It may or may not subside till delivery so you have to manage the symptoms.

If water taste bitter to you, try drinking any lemon flavoured drink, take grapes, any sour/bitter fruits or try snacking on crackers. All the best you are not alone kiss

(1) (Reply)

GNLD Bundle Supplements For Low Libido/prostate Disorders / Why Do I Always Look Sick After Sex Or Masturbation / Me And My BP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.