Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! (871 Views)

Reno Omokri: Buhari And Trump Call Will Boost US/Nigeria Relations / Biafra: Stop Being Greedy, Sabotage Cost Us Civil War – Igbo Prime Minister Warn / Patience Jonathan’s Attitude Cost Us Defeat — PDP Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! by uptoHim(m): 8:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
I am compelled to write this having followed this coming election keenly and realized that things have gone beyond just an election campaign. Or rather, things have had to be made very clear to all. It is now clear that it is no longer about PDP/Transformation or APC/Change. It is clearly about hate, tribalism and bigotry. With the manner we have been going about beating our chest and campaigning for our respective ideologies masked in party names, I'm afraid the victory we are sure of achieving with our candidates, might bring a greater loss to us all.

To start with, I have come to believe that it is clearly not about APC and PDP, but about APC and her people against GEJ and his people. We need to know that there is "balance of terror". Balance of terror means that the next person has what you have, knows what you know, can fight you as badly as you can fight them, and understands your level of wickedness against him as clearly as you understand theirs against you. Unfortunately, many of us do not know this. And most importantly, we have foolishly come to believe that Nigeria can survive by a section of "us" alone.

SCENARIOS

Buhari Wins:
If you are sincere to yourself, you will agree with me that MAJORITY of people who want Buhari to win are not sincerely about him being a better candidate or very qualified, but about Northern and SW ideology/interest, against that of MAJORITY of SS and SE. What this would mean is that the SS and SE would reject the election result and Buhari govt. And the first response would come from the SS. They could decide against moving Buhari's govt forward with "their oil". Don't deceive yourself by thinking that Buhari govt will be able to deal with them, as this time, it would not be an Asari/Tompolo thing. It would be a thousand times worse because I see a people rising in anger against perceived injustice and maginalization. And if its not handled well, and I doubt it could be, the SE might join. Imagine the rest

GEJ refuses to hand over-The Gbagbo way

Gbagbo was removed by the people from all parts of his country, not majority from a section. Since APC is more of a SW/Northern thing, this clearly tells you that there can't be a Gbagbo way in Nigeria. Remember the subsidy protest how some people pulled out in some part/s of Nigeria when they started seeing it as something with tribal undertone. This clearly tells you that any act of ousting him out violently would affect, not just only GEJ as some of us think, but could lead to what "Nigeria" can't handle

GEJ wins
Just like a talked about Buhari candidature, the MAJORITY of people supporting GEJ are not doing so because of him being the best for Nigeria now, but because they see him as their person or interest. And with the impression APC is creating(I don't know whether its a true or a false impression) in the minds of their supporters that Buhari has is carrying the voters larger crowd, or has already won, I see them vehemently rejecting GEJ victory. The north would erupt against those who they think are GEJ people, the SW would join in their normal more civilised way at the beginning, but with time, things could go out of hand. And of cause, as a result of the balance of terror thing, the people who have always been at the receiving end, but have resolved to "retaliate any day again" would not take things laying down. You can imagine the rest

Before now, It was easy to think that you are the politically stronger people, the better skimmer, the benefactor, or the main Nigerian. But today, things have changed. Everyone knows who they are, who they should call their enemy, who they should fight, what they NEED to do and what they can do. And with the way we have allowed this election to clearly expose all the hate, tribalism and bigotry that have been in us for so long, we should all be afraid. If you think you should not be bothered, I pity you because you are also a potential victim. We really really really need to be very very very careful.

These are my thoughts. You can think otherwise, that's normal and human. You can re-educate me, believe me, I will appreciate it. Agree with me or don't, whatever is your opinion, DON'T INSULT ME. I'm already tired of your hate, tribalism and bigotry. I'm already tired of everything that threatens the PEACE of this country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! by 42n8dzydoo(m): 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Re: Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! by freshdude99(m): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
The most reasonable piece I have ever read on Nairaland! Truth and nothing but the truth. After the civil war, some section of the country felt they were victors... Wyl others vanquish. Trust me this time if it ever gets outta hand again, some part of this country won't believe their eyes but we pray it doesn't get to that level cheesy

1 Like

Re: Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! by Osama10(m): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
Re: Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! by psucc(m): 9:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
How I wish our leaders will sacrifice their interest for the nation.
Re: Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! by dedos(m): 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
freshdude99:
The most reasonable piece I have ever read on Nairaland! Truth and nothing but the truth. After the civil war, some section of the country felt they were victors... Wyl others vanquish. Trust me this time if it ever gets outta hand again, some part of this country won't believe their eyes but we pray it doesn't get to that level cheesy
u talk as if u're praying 4 war. And also confident of victory if it happens.lol #i laugh in chinese.
Re: Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! by TSNG(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
I think Gej winning the election is Nigeria's best chance of having peace and carrying on as One with the body language of the SE n SS

I wouldn't want to experience a Nigeria were NA is trying to combat both N/D militants, BH, and Massob

The north should jus chill till 2019...my thoughts though

3 Likes

Re: Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! by theSpark(m): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
True. Let all the parties tread carefully.
Re: Be Careful, Don't Let Your Victory Cost Us Nigeria! by SalC: 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
Very thoughtful post from a concerned Nigerian.

#supported

Enough of this "political fanaticism"

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan, Wife Planning To Kill Me –father Mbaka / UPDATE:Jonathan Lacks Powers To Deploy Troops For Elections- Court / General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.