Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja (13502 Views)

Rent-to-own: Lagos Govt Delivers 100 Housing Units To Beneficiaries / Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos / Lagos Govt Plans 50 Housing Units In Every LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 16, 2015
brainpulse:
Just too late, inaugurate at this last minutes shows desperation and hypocrisy. Instead of award a contract for the construction of so so.....housing units. And so many illiterates will fall for this.
so becos it's last minute he shouldn't do anything again? Government and governance continues till may 29TH, don't be too myopic and biased

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by SeverusSnape(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Oh dear....I don't like Buhari...and once again I have to defend him....

Buhari could not build houses because the extremely corrupt Shagari government, as well as the drop in oil prices that had happened 18 months before he took over had rendered our economy broke.

Instead...he did the right thing at that time by running an austerity government.

But you won't appreciate that....nor would you and your party learn the lesson from 1984.....we are reliant on oil...and the only way to sustain any of the projects we are building when the oil price are high....is to run an innovation based economy....not a resource based economy.

But you PDPians....and for that matter APCians don't get it.

I don't want a leader who will build and build....I want a leader who will provide the means by which such buildings would be sustained for the long haul. And right now...PDP and APC have no answer to my worry.
My brother, you like Buhari, keep defending him, all I know is this, The man has never achieved anything in his life.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by chief2006(m): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2015
Nigerians! For once let's even acknowledge a good work when we see one and not just condemnations alone. Despite the security challenges, this man is still striving to develop the country. Obasanjo never had security challenge, but abuja/lokoja, Lagos / ibadan express road were not done,second Niger bridge was not done and this man is doing it..Almajiri problem that metamorphosed into Boko Haram which was caused by the northern elites, he's building schools for them. Haba....youths. cry[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by GboyegaD(m): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2015
Ekowise:

it is called a PILOT MINISTERIAL HOUSING SCHEME.
the target is 2600 houses. always read well. it's obvious you are an anti-GEJ that's why when you read you don't see the good side of what you read, you only target the point to knock off the person.

Yes! Nigerians need change but is Buhari the change you need?

After 4years in the time of windfall all he can boast of is that he is planning to build 2600 units when fuel prices are drastically dropping. Abeg,remove sentiments and think it through.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by SeverusSnape(m): 7:48am On Mar 16, 2015
olrotimi:

so becos it's last minute he shouldn't do anything again? Government and governance continues till may 29TH, don't be too myopic and biased
Thank you sir, They're just too myopic.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by PRAISELOVE(m): 7:50am On Mar 16, 2015
GboyegaD:
Despite the many housing problems we have, a 102 units to me is too small.
at least a little drop of water makes an ocean, why nt appreciate d little u hav seen and pray for more!
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by GboyegaD(m): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2015
PRAISELOVE:
at least a little drop of water makes an ocean, why nt appreciate d little u hav seen and pray for more!

Appreciate the little I see and pray for more? Little wonder we are not moving forward as a nation.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by sunboy(m): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2015
No pictures?
No specific location?
Just Suleja where in Suleja make I go photos come. Yeye people!
Who came to inaugurate it ?

My guess there is a federal project just started around Rafin sayin area and I know it's only in bush clearing stage.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Alimarok(m): 8:01am On Mar 16, 2015
Good morning everyone in the house. My own litu contribution is dat "where exactly in suleja is dis project going on" cos I'm in suleja & I hvnt seen anytin hapenin here... Tnks
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Bifwoli: 8:01am On Mar 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
See them, They will never acknowledge a good development, #jokers.

Show me the one Buhari commissioned

GMB has only commissioned mud huts that's why APC likes cheap brooms.

GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by delishpot: 8:04am On Mar 16, 2015
Shey the one wey dem, dem don share among theirselves already?

Before the houses build sef, all the ogas ontop go don book every room for the building For themselves and their sugar girls.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by SeverusSnape(m): 8:07am On Mar 16, 2015
Bifwoli:

GMB has only commissioned mud huts that's why APC likes cheap brooms.

GEJ till 2019.
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin @ bolded.
Funny sir
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by evangelGC(m): 8:13am On Mar 16, 2015
GboyegaD:
Despite the many housing problems we have, a 102 units to me is too small.

If u are put in dat position u will be worse than whtever u tink of him sinc u dnt even appreciate d little enforth of another man. Hw many people hav u bless dis year? Wht are vision for d country.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by DaBullIT(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

"Fg commissions Housing projects"... My brother, who's Fg?... Who's in charge of Fg, It's Jonathan. smiley

inaugurate
ɪˈnɔːɡjʊreɪt

mark the beginning or first public use of (an organization or project) with a special event or ceremony.
"the museum was inaugurated on September 12"

commission
kəˈmɪʃ(ə)n

order or authorize the production of (something).
"the portrait was commissioned by his widow in 1792"

synonyms: order, put in an order for, place an order for, contract for, pay for; More
order or authorize (a person or organization) to do or produce something.

"they commissioned an architect to manage the building project"
synonyms: engage, contract, charge, employ, hire, recruit, retain, appoint, enlist, co-opt, book, sign up; More

bring (something newly produced) into working condition.
"we had a few hiccups getting the heating equipment commissioned"

The Federal Government, in a bid to reduce the housing deficit in the country, has inaugurated its 102 housing units in Suleja, Niger State, built under the ministerial housing scheme.

The project, funded by the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria, was inaugurated by the Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, Mrs. Akon Eyakenyi
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by mustymatic(m): 8:19am On Mar 16, 2015
#change4me is when we realize that a man who suddenly starts doing his job 6weeks to election is fraud

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2015
Its not about inaugurating 102 housing estate, its all about the outcome. Will they be viable?
Which class of people are the houses meant for? High income, medium or low income earners? Will the whole housing estate not be bought by one politrickian and the price hijacked?
Will the materials used in building be locally sourced materials? Will the stakeholders at the outright project be Nigerians or foreigners?

Reminds me of the biggest housing estate in West Africa Gwarinpa a sprawling estate which is a classic example of urban housing failure because of cost of ownership, FUS available inside, and no proper research as to what the Abuja dwellers need when it comes to housing and the targetted would be dwellers. Imagine an estate where occupancy isn't up to 45%.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by ceejayluv(m): 8:22am On Mar 16, 2015
EggovinMma:
undecided undecided
He should do more commissioning In abuja, so that civil servants, NO MATTER the level can live in decent Govt Houses . Rubbish.
He's the president of Nigeria, not Abuja... every zone must get its fair share no matter how small...
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

My brother, you like Buhari, keep defending him, all I know is this, The man has never achieved anything in his life.

Actually I don't...and when he was chosen....that is the day I lost faith in the APC.

The truth is...we need fresh blood...and Buhari is a return to the past. If APC had gone for Tambuwal/Fashola....I might have reconsidered my support.

But....back to your comment.

First....it is a flawed assumption that those of us who do not like PDP support APC. There are a few of us who support neither party. (One Nairalander backs Kowa Party, for example).

Second....you may clap for the achievements of GEJ....but they were made possible by the fact that oil prices were high. I don't clap...because we are not doing the right thing with the oil kudi.....we are not spending it solely on electricity, Ajaokuta and education(especially technical education).

Instead we are building projects with no thought as to how they will be funded tomorrow.(Key example...those 12 universities you GEJites love chattering about. How are we going to fund them tomorrow. ? The obvious answer is by increasing fees...at which point....everyone will grumble.).

And right now ...oil prices are low. And I have heard nothing from PDP about how they will run the economy in view of a low oil price (which is going to be the case for years to come....everybody and his grandma is drilling for oil....leading to a surplus...and lower prices). And if it is any comfort to you....APC has no ideas about that to.

So, I don't want to hear from PDP what Buahri has done, or has not done. I want to hear about PDP's preparation for the low oil price era. In 1984...Buhari's answer was an austerity regime. Is PDP going to do the same....while at the same time...doing what Buhari failed to do....and take Nigeria on the road to industrial development...and off oil?

That is what I want to hear from you PDPians and APCians....a robust discussion....not tribal warfest 2015.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Kingspin(m): 8:26am On Mar 16, 2015
LagosBoi2:
Begging for votes this last minute

Even if you commission a new Bayelsa, We will still not vote for you

#IHAVEDECIDED
Because it election period he should abandon every project look at you. U cannot be more radicalize than Abubakar Shekau. #You vote not Hate.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by lomprico(m): 8:27am On Mar 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
GEJ is actively working. smiley

Yeah for the north!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by SeverusSnape(m): 8:32am On Mar 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Actually I don't...and when he was chosen....that is the day I lost faith in the APC.

The truth is...we need fresh blood...and Buhari is a return to the past. If APC had gone for Tambuwal/Fashola....I might have reconsidered my support.

But....back to your comment.

First....it is a flawed assumption that those of us who do not like PDP support APC. There are a few of us who support neither party. (One Nairalander backs Kowa Party, for example).

Second....you may clap for the achievements of GEJ....but they were made possible by the fact that oil prices were high. I don't clap...because we are not doing the right thing with the oil kudi.....we are not spending it solely on electricity, Ajaokuta and education(especially technical education).

Instead we are building projects with no thought as to how they will be funded tomorrow.(Key example...those 12 universities you GEJites love chattering about. How are we going to fund them tomorrow. ? The obvious answer is by increasing fees...at which point....everyone will grumble.).

And right now ...oil prices are low. And I have heard nothing from PDP about how they will run the economy in view of a low oil price (which is going to be the case for years to come....everybody and his grandma is drilling for oil....leading to a surplus...and lower prices). And if it is any comfort to you....APC has no ideas about that to.

So, I don't want to hear from PDP what Buahri has done, or has not done. I want to hear about PDP's preparation for the low oil price era. In 1984...Buhari's answer was an austerity regime. Is PDP going to do the same....while at the same time...doing what Buhari failed to do....and take Nigeria on the road to industrial development...and off oil?

That is what I want to hear from you PDPians and APCians....a robust discussion....not tribal warfest 2015.
Hmmmm... You're good. I admire the way you discuss issues.
As for me too, I was sitting on the fence, expecting APC to bring up a young and vibrant candidate like Fashola, Rochas, or Kwankwaso sad , but no, they brought an old cargo ; that was when I started supporting GEJ voraciously. I just believe that no matter the short comings of GEJ, he's way better than Buhari.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by SeverusSnape(m): 8:33am On Mar 16, 2015
DaBullIT:

inaugurate
ɪˈnɔːɡjʊreɪt

mark the beginning or first public use of (an organization or project) with a special event or ceremony.
"the museum was inaugurated on September 12"

commission
kəˈmɪʃ(ə)n

order or authorize the production of (something).
"the portrait was commissioned by his widow in 1792"

synonyms: order, put in an order for, place an order for, contract for, pay for; More
order or authorize (a person or organization) to do or produce something.

"they commissioned an architect to manage the building project"
synonyms: engage, contract, charge, employ, hire, recruit, retain, appoint, enlist, co-opt, book, sign up; More

bring (something newly produced) into working condition.
"we had a few hiccups getting the heating equipment commissioned"

Yeah, Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Ikology(m): 8:34am On Mar 16, 2015
VenusBetty:
tired of being lied to.
who dey lie nau?
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by lonelydora: 8:44am On Mar 16, 2015
I hope it's not those houses near Zuma Rock? They said evil spirits disturb that area.
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Mgbadike80: 9:11am On Mar 16, 2015
Ikology:
State governors receive allocations like federal governments
anambra state government has been building mass housing schemes for more than eight years now. it's part of their job
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Akshow: 9:14am On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:

You're not just dumb but irredeemably useless.

Seems you lack comprehension skills, while Fashola built low cost houses for the super rich, GEJ's low cost houses were directed at those who needed it most, what's difficult to understand in that post?

u sound even dumber
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 16, 2015
lonelydora:
I hope it's not those houses near Zuma Rock? They said evil spirits disturb that area.

Bro, if its those houses, then I make bold to say, the project is complete sham, utter rubbish, absolute failure from the start and another means to embezzle tax payers money. Those houses have been abandoned before 2006 at that stage. Imagine building houses on low lying grounds. Where is such kind of construction practiced without need to have flooding control measures in place should there be heavy downpour, why must the project be situated down there on an expressway and no crash barriers to minimize impact of crash or accidents which could make cars career of the road down that ditch, how many people are the planners, engineers, architect and surveyors planning to kill in that estate via that senseless estate construction?

I just hope it is NOT those abandoned projects.
Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by Mgbadike80: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2015
lonelydora:
i have heard that too. i heard the newly built hotel by the side was abandoned due to constant disturbances from evil spirits at night, so the owners salvaged the doors and windows and fled.the other side have an estate but I'm not too sure that if it's occupied. that place have thousands of acres of quality unoccupied land

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by anonimi: 9:50am On Mar 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Who wants to argue... I'VE SAID MY OWN TOO.
have a nice day

Nor mind the yeye APC people with dem gimmick for shutting people up like their Buhari with his Decree 4.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098851_109602783_jpeg1fa095d1e8964ccd66363d37dc6c81b3
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by tiwo31: 9:59am On Mar 16, 2015
When are we going to loose this bungalow, soak-away, well mentality? This is 2015 for goodness sake. Can you imagine how much land as been used for these 102 bungalows, and the length of time to construct them?

How to build a skyscraper in NINETEEN DAYS: Time-lapse shows how Chinese firm builds 57-storey block at a rate of three floors a day

The building has 800 apartments and enough office space for 4,000 people
It was originally planned to be built up to a height of 220 storeys
However, it was cut down because of concern it was too close to an airport
Amazing time-lapse video shows the skyscraper rising up in seconds

A developer in China has built an entire 57-storey building in just 19 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqgMJOvMkU

And as this time-lapse video shows, the Mini Sky City building was put up brick by brick at a rate of three full storeys a day in Changsha, the capital of Hunan Province in south-central China.

The building has 800 apartments and enough office space for 4,000 people. It was originally planned to be built up to a height of 220 storeys, but it was cut down because of concern it was too close to a nearby airport.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2989769/Building-skyscraper-Lego-style-Chinese-firm-builds-57-storey-block-record-19-days-rate-three-floors-day.html

Here is a 30 storey building completed in 15 days. We lack imagination in this country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwvmru5JmXk

Building 102 bungalows means:-

Constructing 102 foundations
Constructing 102 roofs
102 soak-aways
102 wells or bore holes
102 generators

You can build 1 building with 200 appartments, 1 roof, 1 foundation, 1 sewage system. This can be done for 10% of the cost of the 102 bungalows and at 1% of the time.

Think people. Think!
Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by SeverusSnape(m): 10:09am On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:

Nor mind the yeye APC people with dem gimmick for shutting people up like their Buhari with his Decree 4.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098851_109602783_jpeg1fa095d1e8964ccd66363d37dc6c81b3
Thank you boss, He thought I wanted to argue, I was just telling him the fact, they never appreciate good news,all they love to hear is bad news.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates 102 Housing Units In Suleja by lonelydora: 10:36am On Mar 16, 2015
lomomike:

Bro, if its those houses, then I make bold to say, the project is complete sham, utter rubbish, absolute failure from the start and another means to embezzle tax payers money. Those houses have been abandoned before 2006 at that stage. Imagine building houses on low lying grounds. Where is such kind of construction practiced without need to have flooding control measures in place should there be heavy downpour, why must the project be situated down there on an expressway and no crash barriers to minimize impact of crash or accidents which could make cars career of the road down that ditch, how many people are the planners, engineers, architect and surveyors planning to kill in that estate via that senseless estate construction?

I just hope it is NOT those abandoned projects.
Na wa o!

My brother, the 1st day I saw those houses, I shook my head because I knew no sane person will take his family there to stay. No crash barrier, no flood control. I was wondering whether the developers really knew what they were doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction Ofsemi-detached Twin Duplex And Restructuring Of Bungalow In Magodo / Another Two-storey Building Collapses In Lagos / Wonder Court Bungalow Comes With Exquisite Luxury +2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.